PDA

View Full Version : ScL is expanding

coppola
01-14-2009, 06:02 AM
so scl just pmed some user with this msg...

"Dear Members,

You've been given a chance in the previous poll to choose ScL future by pointing the tracker the direction you want it to go. Seeing a constant number of seeders we have decided to increase the user base and improve the seeder/leecher statistics as requested.

Thus we will raise the user base to 10'000. Each of you will receive 5 invites for a period of 2 weeks
starting at 2009-01-14 00:00 GMT +1.

The site future is in your hands again so use the invites wisely and let in only people you are willing to spend time with here at ScL. Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter!

S******** Crew, since 2007"

time to join this wonderful community called S********:whistling:

Polarbear
01-14-2009, 06:08 AM
does the address say "dear members" or "dear fst users and the rest of the internet"?

Di@monds
01-14-2009, 06:25 AM
competition is hard and if you dont have something new, u will fail hard.

Time-Traveller
01-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Anyone risk taking a guess on what the most popular invite in the trade section is going to be this week ?

willsmith099
01-14-2009, 07:03 AM
does the address say "dear members" or "dear fst users and the rest of the internet"?

now wut shud i lol?

Anyone risk taking a guess on what the most popular invite in the trade section is going to be this week ?

U better see it won't be :lol:

integral
01-14-2009, 07:05 AM

This is coming from the person with the public 'open ScT appeals'? :blink:

willsmith099
01-14-2009, 07:05 AM
competition is hard and if you dont have something new, u will fail hard.

word

Vitality
01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Good Move By SCL they lacked leechers and seeding was extremely difficult ...
More Users will Help and make seeding bit easy

Lovestoned
01-14-2009, 08:11 AM
But the P2L providers are happy since they get more revenue when people may 0day trackers.

Polarbear
01-14-2009, 08:51 AM

This is coming from the person with the public 'open ScT appeals'? :blink:

what's the difference between an appeal and internal information?

KushBlow
01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I see the user limit is now 10000. Wow :O.

Raban
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter!

so why would i send any invites out that is ridiculous...

Albo Da Kid
01-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Thank god they are expanding......I just made 5 easy rep points.:naughty: I wish most communities start to expand from now on.

RD22S
01-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Good Move By SCL they lacked leechers and seeding was extremely difficult ...
More Users will Help and make seeding bit easy

oh cmon,

compared to the bigger trackers (RevTT, TL, etc...) thats true, but with the correct setup (rss) it ain't that difficult at all. Or leech at one of the above then seed back on scl.

puckface
01-14-2009, 02:51 PM
They'd better do something, no activity on that tracker. As far as the invites, they are so threatening with them, nobody I know will use them. Its dumb to open them then threaten people. I mean, say for instance youre an uploader whos uploaded oh , I dunno 5TB... and you invite someone who you know but decides to fuck shit up. Bye bye to all your hard work, its stupid. Why the hell would I invite anyone?

Time-Traveller
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
They should have given everyone 3 or 4 invites and let a couple of thousand in on open signup

dogie
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
@puckface why u think they will disable anyone because of hes invitee ? maybe it was just aimed at traders and to any good user theres always 2nd or 3rd chance :)

alma
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
1337 aite.

jasperr
01-14-2009, 03:30 PM
They'd better do something, no activity on that tracker. As far as the invites, they are so threatening with them, nobody I know will use them. Its dumb to open them then threaten people. I mean, say for instance youre an uploader whos uploaded oh , I dunno 5TB... and you invite someone who you know but decides to fuck shit up. Bye bye to all your hard work, its stupid. Why the hell would I invite anyone?

this is sooooooooo, totally wrong! :frusty:

where would you get that idea from??? the whole point is to invite decent people, people whom will actually use the tracker.. no traders or collectors, no ratio cheats.... just good people! I would like to know, how you feel you've been threatened puckface..? and by what means... really ..

we can have this conversation here... or you can pm me... your call... BUT, i would like to know how you come up with this..

PACINO
01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Good Move By SCL

puckface
01-14-2009, 07:19 PM

where would you get that idea from??? the whole point is to invite decent people, people whom will actually use the tracker.. no traders or collectors, no ratio cheats.... just good people! I would like to know, how you feel you've been threatened puckface..? and by what means... really ..

we can have this conversation here... or you can pm me... your call... BUT, i would like to know how you come up with this..

Its not that I feel threatened, Im just saying there are certain site that I would never invite anyone to, even my best friend. (HDBits being the big one)

My rationale being this, if a site posts "Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter" or similar, it kind of makes me nervous to invite people, since even if they are my friend and I know them to be good people... I may not know their torrenting habits. They may be hit and runners, they may ratio cheat because they have a slow connection etc... I dont know what people do in the privacy of their own homes. I hope you can understand what Im getting at.

In a few words, I don't feel personally "threatened", there are just some things I dont feel comfortable with, and inviting people to ScL is one of them.

I will add, thank you jasperr for your concern, I hope I answered your question.

jbloggs
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM

I think the following statement might have something to do with it

The site future is in your hands again so use the invites wisely and let in only people you are willing to spend time with here at ScL. Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter!

So there "may" be consequences if you happen to invite a bad apple.

jasperr
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
So there "may" be consequences if you happen to invite a bad apple.

well, they have just spelled it out for everyone as a reminder .... but, its a basic knowledge thing common with most trackers ... you invite a trader, cheater or w/e then yeah, something may come of it.... just as any other tracker... that don't mean people need to be nervous about letting their invites out.. thats just crazy talk.. the ban hammer isn't going to fall in every case ... and the idea of you invite a bad person, you get punished .. is not new on sites.. why get so jittery because S*L makes a visual reminder?

its not that I feel threatened, Im just saying there are certain site that I would never invite anyone to, even my best friend. (HDBits being the big one)

My rationale being this, if a site posts "Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter" or similar, it kind of makes me nervous to invite people, since even if they are my friend and I know them to be good people... I may not know their torrenting habits. They may be hit and runners, they may ratio cheat because they have a slow connection etc... I dont know what people do in the privacy of their own homes. I hope you can understand what Im getting at.

In a few words, I don't feel personally "threatened", there are just some things I dont feel comfortable with, and inviting people to ScL is one of them.

I will add, thank you jasperr for your concern, I hope I answered your question.

well, if you like you can pm me more about your concerns.. and i'll see if i can help ya put some of them to rest.... :01:

Villalltheway
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Its not that I feel threatened, Im just saying there are certain site that I would never invite anyone to, even my best friend. (HDBits being the big one)

lol funny imagine if everyone had your rational no tracker would have anyone.

My rationale being this, if a site posts "Remember every invitee leads back to the inviter" or similar, it kind of makes me nervous to invite people, since even if they are my friend and I know them to be good people... I may not know their torrenting habits.

so u think all the people who invited you know your torrenting habits ? :lol:

puckface
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
its not that I feel threatened, Im just saying there are certain site that I would never invite anyone to, even my best friend. (HDBits being the big one)

well, if you like you can pm me more about your concerns.. and i'll see if i can help ya put some of them to rest.... :01:

nah im good, thanks though

lol funny imagine if everyone had your rational no tracker would have anyone.

But everyone doesnt have my rationale, obviously... all I can say is good thing for that, im not too smart. Do what you will with the invites you are given and I will do what I will with mine, no one here is stopping you.

Villalltheway
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
But everyone doesnt have my rationale, obviously... all I can say is good thing for that, im not too smart. Do what you will with the invites you are given and I will do what I will with mine, no one here is stopping you.

Lol dont take it to seriously, by all means people can do what they want with their invites, i just thought u sounded a bit pessimistic in the way u think u cannot trust anyone even ur best mate.

puckface
01-15-2009, 01:05 AM

Lol dont take it to seriously, by all means people can do what they want with their invites, i just thought u sounded a bit pessimistic in the way u think u cannot trust anyone even ur best mate.

Oh man, I'm not taking it seriously.. you will find MOST of the time my posts are sarcastic and light-hearted. Anyway, everyone has their own opinion on invites, and I think I voiced mine. The point was I dont trust anyone enough with certain invites. That is all, no more, no less.

colbert
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
That trackers activity level is pretty low. They need to do something and hopefully adding some more users will help.

alcoholik
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
i think scl is a funny site :) they come up with new stuff all the time :)

thumbs up to scl :thumbsup:

Cokeman
01-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Looks i might get a invite soon,friend of mine has 1 left.
Want to thank the person que posted this,without you woulnd even no about it.Thanks

dragoi92
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
All i can say is that dont do giveway in public forum like FST