PDA

View Full Version : A little help with what.cd

harshytkage
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
some of you may remember me when i asked for help ont his one, but this is a little different, you see, my country has been banned from the what.cd invites channel and a staff member there told me there's nothing he could do about it. they say that an invite is most likely to get banned from there...what should i do?

nbo
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
have some waffles

Invernoso
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
forget about it

cstrik3
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
You can look for waffles..

harshytkage
01-14-2009, 08:49 PM
isn't waffles an FLAC only tracker?i'd love to hve lossless audio but my HD doen't permit such space hogging files ;)

Time-Traveller
01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
isn't waffles an FLAC only tracker?i'd love to hve lossless audio but my HD doen't permit such space hogging files ;)

Waffles is a general music tracker similar to What.cd it has both FLAC & MP3 files the only difference is:

What.cd has 81,328 users & 330,000 files where waffles has 36,500 users and 218,000 files.

I'm a what.cd man myself but I'm sure you'll find what your loooking for at Waffles no problems

dragoi92
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
just see for other music tracker

nbo
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
hmm, despite the stats they have listed, what seems to have "only" 242,437 torrents

Villalltheway
01-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Try get waffles, but if u cant get that just get stmusic much easier to get an invite for that.

harshytkage
01-14-2009, 09:20 PM
i have stmusic guys....thnx for the advice...so i'll go waffles hunting in a few weeks...busy right now(study study study!)

Time-Traveller
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
hmm, despite the stats they have listed, what seems to have "only" 242,437 torrents

Indeed your right so whats happened to the other 90,000 torrents ? Dead ?

i have stmusic guys....thnx for the advice...so i'll go waffles hunting in a few weeks...busy right now(study study study!)

Good luck on the Waffles hunt when you get round to it :)

Cabalo
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
by the way from which country are you from ?

Trippin'
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Try "Disable Grouping" :happy:

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 07:39 AM
from india! see the tiny flag below :)

danio
01-15-2009, 08:49 AM

try ungrouping the torrents ;)

Six66Mike
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
You can still get an account on what.cd if you know people with invites or use invite threads on other sites. It's just a ban in the IRC invites, users can still send invites to anyone.

apextwin146
01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
some of you may remember me when i asked for help ont his one, but this is a little different, you see, my country has been banned from the what.cd invites channel and a staff member there told me there's nothing he could do about it. they say that an invite is most likely to get banned from there...what should i do?
R u saying india is banned from the Invite channel? Need to chk this out over the weekend

Six66Mike
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes India is banned from the invites channel, I've had 2 other people ask me, doubt it's coincidence.

apextwin146
01-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I wonder what the reason would be ? fine u wanna a ban a country but ban a country from invite channel dsnt make any sense as indians can get invites from PU and higher what.cd users anyways ..

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
they say it's bcoz most of the indians turn out to be cheating leechers....

Lovestoned
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Sorry to say but it's a fact, massive amount of population + dial-up alike connection = leechers.

Time-Traveller
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Try "Disable Grouping" :happy:

Ah I see, thought it might have been something to do with the different encoding formats for the same files but couldn't figure it out.

Six66Mike
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes there's a high volume of cheaters and bad users just like there are from other countries, Romanian users are banned on Waffles and pretty sure blocked from What invites channel too.

But on What they stil let PU+ users decide if they want to invite these people, there's no sitewide bans. It's up to those users sending invites to make a good judgment call & trust their invitee.

Lovestoned
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes there's a high volume of cheaters and bad users just like there are from other countries, Romanian users are banned on Waffles and pretty sure blocked from What invites channel too.

But on What they stil let PU+ users decide if they want to invite these people, there's no sitewide bans. It's up to those users sending invites to make a good judgment call & trust their invitee.

I wouldn't invite a Indian if they've don't got a seedbox.

I mean c'mon, 512k download's the average?

Upload must be 0.01k.

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
yo anistoned...indian here with a ratio of 130+ on funfile(though what u sya is right....india sux!)

Albo Da Kid
01-15-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm sorry to say this because I like most Indians. They're peaceful people, but they are little slippery snakes when it comes to torrenting. They love to cheat and play unfair.
I once knew an Indian at TR who was respected and what not, and then out of nowhere he turned out to be one of the biggest scammer and cheater that was ever to enter TR.

Beware of inviting people from India. I'm not saying they're all bad when it comes to torrents. But most of them love to f*** you over.

Lovestoned
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
yo anistoned...indian here with a ratio of 130+ on funfile(though what u sya is right....india sux!)

Ratios are pretty easy to gain if you don't download much.

It's the amount of upload that counts.

Funfile's management kind of sucks like SuperTorrents, both trackers had staff splitting up due to inner conflicts.

IPTorrents have been excellent for a general tracker, people can get in easily and the speeds are decent. :)

sceneA
01-15-2009, 03:28 PM
If you are on SCC u can get an invite form sexten himself just by PMing him. Go through the forums there. Its the most safest way to get into what.CD if u are banned from IRC invite channel.

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
well amistoned, i'll tell you this, it is HARD to get a good connection in india(actually it's hard to get any material thing good in india). the max. conn speed you can get here is a measely 8mbps (and that too at crazy prices like above 270$(approx) and to compound that these assholes have data transfer limits per month(like it's 15-16 sucky GB's for the 8mbps one), my connection? a 2mbps connection, 1GB data transfer limit per month(i know what you're thinking "WTF") and abve that it's a dollar/50mb.

the only thing i can do wid my conn. is seed from 2am-8am(free usage hours)

:)
(WTF! a smiley????)

nbo
01-15-2009, 06:14 PM
in my opinion just because a lot of them are leechers that does NOT justify by any means banning an entire country, that's just wrong.

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
agree nbo

sexten
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
No country have been banned from What.CD, you're all able to join using regular ways of invitation. We have banned a few IP-ranges from our INTERVIEW channel because of certain returning users (they get an account, leech it to death, rejoin the channel and try to get a new one). That in addition to a large portion of ratio cheaters and invite sellers/traders on the very same IP-ranges makes them unable to get an INTERVIEW (NOT an invite). This will never change, the alternative is shutting down the entire interview channel as it is an extra service we provide.

harshytkage
01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
so, you're trying to implicate that i made an account, leeched it do death, and then tried to rejoin the channel????i did NOT do so,
when i tried to enter the interview channel, i was kicked with my client showing Banned Country as the last line, when i went to the help channel the staff said the same...

lhnz
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Indeed your right so whats happened to the other 90,000 torrents ? Dead ?You're confusing "albums" and torrents. There can be multiples torrents per album...

There are over 380,000 torrents on the site and this equates to 221,000 albums. As far as I understand that means they have more 'albums' than Waffles even has 'torrents'.

so, you're trying to implicate that i made an account, leeched it do death, and then tried to rejoin the channel????i did NOT do so,
when i tried to enter the interview channel, i was kicked with my client showing Banned Country as the last line, when i went to the help channel the staff said the same...No. He's not. He's staff there. He's just saying that they don't have any banned countrys on the site. They only ban particular users from the invite channels due to so many dodgy types trying to get accounts. It's nothing against the country and it doesn't stop the users from getting invites from other trackers invite forums/threads...

Btw, does stmusic not have an invite thread? I'm surprised nobody is offering What.CD invites there... Are you a power user there?

@OP: Do you have a last.fm, proof that you have stuff to upload, and some ratio screenshots? I could probably interview you, as long as I can be convinced you're a good user. I don't really like to risk inviting people on FST tbh!
On second thoughs fuck that, I just read your connection speed. You wouldn't survive.

If this isn't possible your best bet is to get onto other sites and work your way up the hard way. Anyway, that's how all of the best users did it. :]

Time-Traveller
01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info Ihnz but I got the answer on page 3 of this thread.

On a more light hearted note when I try and pronounce your username I just sound constipated :)

Anyone got any prune juice ?

mamacita
01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
No but I've got some milk of magnesia and it works wonders!

harshytkage
01-16-2009, 04:21 AM
looks like "tarding" is gettin famous!this typo of mine has already influenced the titles of at least 5 people(as far as i've seen lol!)

Lovestoned
01-16-2009, 06:23 AM
well amistoned, i'll tell you this, it is HARD to get a good connection in india(actually it's hard to get any material thing good in india). the max. conn speed you can get here is a measely 8mbps (and that too at crazy prices like above 270$(approx) and to compound that these assholes have data transfer limits per month(like it's 15-16 sucky GB's for the 8mbps one), my connection? a 2mbps connection, 1GB data transfer limit per month(i know what you're thinking "WTF") and abve that it's a dollar/50mb.

(WTF! a smiley????)

TBH India sucks at everything.
Big nations can be successful too, lots of areas in China where you see fiber for cheap prices.

You should just download from Rapidshare as your connection speed was never made for BitTorrent.

in my opinion just because a lot of them are leechers that does NOT justify by any means banning an entire country, that's just wrong.

Not all, but just banning the whole place would give them an easier time if the staffs CBA to whitelist a few good users who are in What already.

merwais
01-16-2009, 02:21 PM
NO Tracker can be compared to IPTorrents ;)

100 in 1 = IPT !

harshytkage
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
@anistoned - TBH i agree wid everything(yup, i'm no Patriot) except the bittorrent thing, i'm here ain't i?

Swanky
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
No country have been banned from What.CD, you're all able to join using regular ways of invitation. We have banned a few IP-ranges from our INTERVIEW channel because of certain returning users (they get an account, leech it to death, rejoin the channel and try to get a new one). That in addition to a large portion of ratio cheaters and invite sellers/traders on the very same IP-ranges makes them unable to get an INTERVIEW (NOT an invite). This will never change, the alternative is shutting down the entire interview channel as it is an extra service we provide.

Pardon my French, but What.cd are a bunch of disabling pricks. Nuff said

sexten
01-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Pardon my French, but What.cd are a bunch of disabling pricks. Nuff said

Yes, we do disable pricks.

Detale
01-19-2009, 12:03 AM
OK watch the hostile posting please.

Rafa
01-19-2009, 01:05 AM

(WTF! a smiley????)

you mean 1 GB data transfer per month, like you can only download / upload this amount per month? shit, this sucks :frusty:

Villalltheway
01-19-2009, 03:31 AM
TBH India sucks at everything.

Really last time i checked they are good a cricket!

@anistoned - TBH i agree wid everything(yup, i'm no Patriot) except the bittorrent thing, i'm here ain't i?

:noes:

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 08:15 AM

(WTF! a smiley????)

you mean 1 GB data transfer per month, like you can only download / upload this amount per month? shit, this sucks :frusty:

Welcome to india my friend...where the maximum unlimited conn. you can get is a shitty 2mbps conn. for a price for which you could get a 10/10 Mbps conn in the UK...so the 2am-8am period is the only time when i can any bt'ing.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: