PDA

View Full Version : I want to thank a valuable member of FST

Detale
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't want to say his name, but he can come out if he wants to. He may want to stay hidden so I don't want to blow his cover. He has tracked down and caught a guy who he believed to have 4-5 accts here, it turned out he had around 40. I still cant believe how he caught him but he did. His hard work has made FST safer for today. I wish more people were this concerned for FST and it's members

The guy is a problem to FST and I'm asking if we can IP ban this loser.

BTW the number is still going up.

Also if you notice someone has "gogoscorpion" in their Email REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY. Thanks

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 04:00 PM
You're welcome buddy.:lol::lol:

I couldn't have done it without my friends

jk. I think we should all contibute to this issue. I hate seeing messy users with 5 or 6 accounts.
And i think i know who you were talking about. Some arab guy was going around here asking for ftn etc on all his accounts, and he gave them out to his friends in arab forums.

Detale
01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Dont be a dick it wasn't you

Di@monds
01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
40? He got any life?
i dont see any problem to ip ban this cheater.

integral
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
hopefully he'll do good work and catch more traders

er, i mean... "bad people at FST". :)

i'm pretty sure that's just an average trader/scammer at FST, and that the trading section is just the same 10 people with 40 accounts each. is it wabbit season or duck season?

Funkin'
01-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow. Great thing this guy did. He was obviously up to no good with that many accounts. Glad he was caught. Hopefully an IP will follow.

Barbarossa
01-16-2009, 04:28 PM

:glag: :earl:

Cabalo
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
good that user reported to you. Last time i talked with him, the count was only at 12. now it's 40 and counting. :O
fucking amazing! great job!

TIHAT
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM
good job

Swift
01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
ban ip ! and congrats to the users that had the time to check and find this looser

spark
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
well done :)

joni22
01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Amazing job.
Well done :)

dragoi92
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
this is incredible
How did u catch him?

vpg8000
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Definitely IP ban him. If not, he'll just continue to scam people on FST.

soulreaper
01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Don't mean to be a dick but you could've just thanked him via pms instead of making it public without mentioning his name.Kindof defeats the purpose:dabs:
Anyway,kudos to Mr anonymous!

sefo
WTF 40!!
good job.:)

Ahmed047
I don't want to say his name, but he can come out if he wants to. He may want to stay hidden so I don't want to blow his cover. He has tracked down and caught a guy who he believed to have 4-5 accts here, it turned out he had around 40. I still cant believe how he caught him but he did. His hard work has made FST safer for today. I wish more people were this concerned for FST and it's members

The guy is a problem to FST and I'm asking if we can IP ban this loser.

Also if you notice someone has "gogoscorpion" in their Email REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY. Thanks

40 accounts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done , Great work

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Don't mean to be a dick but you could've just thanked him via pms instead of making it public without mentioning his name.Kindof defeats the purpose:dabs:

He just wanted to let us know that such things are going on in fst. This way we can all help out reporting dupes.

soulreaper
01-16-2009, 05:19 PM

He just wanted to let us know that such things are going on in fst. This way we can all help out reporting dupes.

True that,man I'm just curious.;)

slymester
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
40 accounts?
Damn!
Thank you Mr. Anonymous for making FST a safer place.

ben99
01-16-2009, 05:57 PM
there's something seriously wrong when someone can create 40 accounts and not get caught by staff. You guys seriously need to re-examine how you catch dupe accounts holders.

Villalltheway
01-16-2009, 06:04 PM
great work by the person who caught him, definitely ban his ip.

integral
there's something seriously wrong when someone can create 40 accounts and not get caught by staff. You guys seriously need to re-examine how you catch dupe accounts holders.

I was thinking the same thing... I know thee has to be a vbulletin addon out there that alerts you when there's 40 people with the same IP.

Villalltheway

True, but they do say they do not activily look for dupe account.

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 06:07 PM

It's difficult, dynamic ip, new email, new username, how can you distinguish this from legitimate accounts, not easy unless you start banning part's of ISP's ranges

Detale
01-16-2009, 06:10 PM
this is incredible
How did u catch him?

I don't want him to say. If he reveals his methods then they will know what to look for.

Also I do feel he should be recognized for what he has done here but I don't know if he should go public then others will know to look out for him. Im not sure yet.

Yes we do but it's not as easy as you may think.

Ev0
01-16-2009, 06:16 PM

It's difficult, dynamic ip, new email, new username, how can you distinguish this from legitimate accounts, not easy unless you start banning part's of ISP's ranges

Well whats the point of everyone crying out for an IP ban? If someone can create 40+ accounts on a site and staff hasnt noticed but a member has then new staff is needed.

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Well whats the point of everyone crying out for an IP ban? If someone can create 40+ accounts on a site and staff hasnt noticed but a member has then new staff is needed.

Good point. But i don't think it's that easy to catch all the account dupes. Remember there are 60'000+ members in fst. It's harder than it looks to keep control of everything.

piratebot
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
can you list the accounts? i want to see how many posts are in each.

Ev0
01-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Good point. But i don't think it's that easy to catch all the account dupes. Remember there are 60'000+ members in fst. It's harder than it looks to keep control of everything.

There's a mod on vbulletin.org that catches dupe accounts and doesnt go with an IP address. Unless FST doesnt run on a legit version of vB then they could easily download and install that. I used this on my old vB forum and I know it works.

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Edit...

puckface
01-16-2009, 07:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing... I know thee has to be a vbulletin addon out there that alerts you when there's 40 people with the same IP.

There is.

Something Else
01-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't want to say his name, but he's a guy who he believed to have 4-5 accts here, it turned out he had around 40.

We'll miss you JP :(

CaptanAmerica
01-16-2009, 07:14 PM
and how did u do fts more safer? or is it the safer way only for traders? cuz i cant understand how can it be danger for all nontraders members

integral
01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
and how did u do fts more safer? or is it the safer way only for traders? cuz i cant understand how can it be danger for all nontraders members

technically the guy could be participating unfairly in a bunch of giveaways too. but it's generally a good thing when a guy with 40 duplicate accounts is gone.

nzbean
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Pursuing the potent scent of cheese wafting about these boards, I stumbled upon this thread, but I guess the rat ate that last chunk.

CaptanAmerica
01-16-2009, 07:31 PM
technically the guy could be participating unfairly in a bunch of giveaways too. but it's generally a good thing when a guy with 40 duplicate accounts is gone.

agree on both but i guess that there must be an forums script/option/hint that when there are more then 2 accts at the same ip - the moderators will know abt that and can check it. im rly sorry for the man who did it if he use only his brain to catch him. in our time theres much more easy ways to do that job. also im not the first whod like to know some of his accts names too

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
WTG Ratcatcher who ever you are.

wonder if the email addy's were all like:

[email protected]
[email protected]
][email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

cinephilia
01-16-2009, 07:41 PM
WTG Ratcatcher who ever you are.

wonder if the email addy's were all like:

[email protected]
[email protected]
][email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
No, it would have been too easy.

Detale
01-16-2009, 07:49 PM
No but almost all of them had GoGoscorpio**@Gmail.com ** was a series of numbers

cinephilia
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
:O i wouldn't have believed that the guy would make such a mistake.

dragoi92
01-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Well he made it.

puckface
01-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Captain Obvious has spoken.

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 08:10 PM
No but almost all of them had GoGoscorpio**@Gmail.com ** was a series of numbers

Clearly not the brains of the operation then !

integral
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM

yeah but even a stupid guy like this who is part of the "stupid" section of FST managed to survive for quite a while... :frusty:

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 08:13 PM

yeah but even a stupid guy like this who is part of the "stupid" section of FST managed to survive for quite a while... :frusty:

Hopefully any ip logs & any other useful information has been passed to the trader hunters that work for the trackers

integral
01-16-2009, 08:14 PM

Hopefully any ip logs & any other useful information has been passed to the trader hunters that work for the trackers

doubtful, it'll probably take a week to ban all of the accounts, and by the time that's done no one will even remember to report it. :naughty:

brightsid
01-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Good work Detale fast and accurate. I just hope yoy'll find all the dupe accs :)
I really feel sorry for all the members who trusted that guy

FileZ
01-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Lol

dragoi92
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Good work Detale fast and accurate. I just hope yoy'll find all the dupe accs :)

So u are sorry for urself??????????

brightsid
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
WOW you got me dragoi92. Noone trusted that guy in FST more than i did
http://205.158.108.67/stuff/ROFL.jpg

Cabalo
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM

So u are sorry for urself??????????
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/Smileys/CVO/ROFLOL.gif that was a really good one, dragoi92.
you are the best!

thank you. i mean it. thank you.

lysine
01-16-2009, 10:40 PM
can you list the accounts?

what he said.

pone44
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank You for cleaning up the board. ;)

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
can you list the accounts?

what he said.

+1 For comedy gold, time to open Pandora's box ? lol :)

Detale
01-16-2009, 11:00 PM
No it's not don't spam here only Thanks to Him

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 11:01 PM
No it's not don't spam here only Thanks to Him

lol k soz :)

flashback3r
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Holy shit!

lol, 40 accs :O

dpds
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
sounds really impressive... 40 accounts...!! i wonder how many ppl suffered from this fag.

Aliyans
01-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Big congrats to Mr.Hunter :clap:.:emorod:.. i wonder how did he mange to keep 40:cry:...how many of it were active.. just curious:unsure:

Polarbear
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
sounds really impressive... 40 accounts...!! i wonder how many ppl suffered from this fag.

do you think he's homosexual?

Time-Traveller
01-17-2009, 12:47 AM

He never said "Suffered at the hands of this fag" :)

johall
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM

Yes we do but it's not as easy as you may think.

heh no offense detale but maybe you guys should look into some staff who have some sort of idea what they are doing on this matter....maybe the person who helped you out would be a start ;)

Detale
01-17-2009, 03:36 AM
LOL I keep seeing you people bitch that we don't catch people like this. The fact is that we do I just don't post any of my "big catches". We catch dupes all the time. I should also add that some of the guys accts were banned already but it was before BT MODs could see IP's so we wouldn't know of the dupes then. Many of them werent active only 3 or 4 posts per. Again there are so many accts to go through we do what we can when we can. All I wanted to do is show you guys that a regular member here cares this much. Some of you could take a lesson from this guy.

Villalltheway
01-17-2009, 03:41 AM
How do trackers catch dupe accounts, couldnt fst just use what they do?

puckface
01-17-2009, 04:15 AM
LOL I keep seeing you people bitch that we don't catch people like this. The fact is that we do I just don't post any of my "big catches". We catch dupes all the time. I should also add that some of the guys accts were banned already but it was before BT MODs could see IP's so we wouldn't know of the dupes then. Many of them werent active only 3 or 4 posts per. Again there are so many accts to go through we do what we can when we can. All I wanted to do is show you guys that a regular member here cares this much. Some of you could take a lesson from this guy.

Lesson learned. I hope its the right one :)

Stranger99
01-17-2009, 07:23 AM
How do trackers catch dupe accounts, couldnt fst just use what they do?

they don't use vb script i guess,How can a forum be like a tracker?:huh:

Detale
01-17-2009, 07:37 AM
TBH I know absolute shit about that stuff so :idunno: is the only answer I have.

kooftspc11
01-17-2009, 08:01 AM
His hard work has made FST safer for today

well shit i was only here because its so daaaangerous

back to compton i guess

Alien5
01-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Its good people like you that make the streets a safer place.

dragoi92
01-17-2009, 10:57 AM

yes
it is very good

stoi
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Suppose i will have to say well done to the mystery detective, but the staff should have really caught him, especially with the emails he used.

admincp email contains, name, catches all emails with name in it, start middle or end.

or if it uses wildards

*name*

will catch all members with name in their email. either start middle or end.

I love these ones on the tracker, they are a doddle to catch.

PlayeR
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Good work. dunno who you are but Keep it up.

pentomato
01-17-2009, 02:37 PM

Thank you detale, was it me?
Two accounts is one thing, my god 40, that guy had to be in the closet.

whiteboy
01-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow you have to ask to ip ban a guy with 40 accounts???

$$$ makes the world go around I guess

johall
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM

sorry but most people know that you can get multiple accounts and use them quite often on fst without anything being done....and im not bashing you or anything but dont you think a little more should be done?

nbo
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
good work guys!!

Though i think you should add a list of the usernames he used so ppl here can know.

dpds
01-17-2009, 10:13 PM

he may be :D do you think he is not? :huh:

kooftspc11
01-18-2009, 03:21 AM

wow thanks :)

i do what i can

Detale
01-18-2009, 04:34 AM
sorry but most people know that you can get multiple accounts and use them quite often on fst without anything being done....and im not bashing you or anything but dont you think a little more should be done?

Yes and more is being done as I'm writing this. I'm not going to ojust lay it all out on the table but there are other measures in place and hopefully more to come. Thanks for the replies I know he appreciates it.