PDA

View Full Version : Torrentbits.ro now a free ratio site

horiZen
01-18-2009, 08:39 AM
looks like they have become a permanent "free" ratio site now :w00t:

looks like its working very well for them as well, good seeder base and fast releases(still nothing compared to the likes of s*c/g*t but still very consistent in scene content releases)

can anyone confirm that "no ratio" system being permanent?

Swift
01-18-2009, 09:12 AM
i think it's just a fase !

bevs
01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I dont think so...
I think for a couple of a days freeleech maybe weeks who knows.

BluRossonero
01-18-2009, 10:05 AM
The site has from time to time global freeleech. I don't think they are going to be no ratio. There is no where on the site written that! :D

horiZen
01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
dont use them much but must say that its impressive to see so many seeders on their files with the "no-ratio" system
lol, i seriously think that they could be a Romanian equivalent to FTN considering their current success and dare i say with the potential to be "better"

Ahmed047
01-18-2009, 11:03 AM
looks like they have become a permanent "free" ratio site now :w00t:

looks like its working very well for them as well, good seeder base and fast releases(still nothing compared to the likes of s*c/g*t but still very consistent in scene content releases)

can anyone confirm that "no ratio" system being permanent?

Good news ,I wish this is true :)

freedom
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
The site has from time to time global freeleech. I don't think they are going to be no ratio. There is no where on the site written that! :D

you are right, also they require an 1:1 ratio or a minimum period of seeding time for every torrent so even if there is global freeleech i dont think they will choose no ratio system :)

crimsonhaze
01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I always confuse Torrentbits.ro for Bittorrents.ro. But they're both up and still counting ratio. Both good Romanian trackers. :happy:

john pal
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
well for me ratios (counting Down and UP) will end in the future. With other scripts that check the 1/1 torrent and the seeded time for a period of xx hours there is no utility to have a ratio system. In the end is almost the same thing at least for the user that follow the rules.

Brenya
01-19-2009, 03:30 AM
The only imaginable drawback of getting rid of ratio requirements in favor of seeding time requirements is that less people will be willing to buy or continue using seedboxes... which means less speed on average... but I'm sure no one cares about this. You can claim that people will seed for an extend period of time, which would imply that there will be more seeders in the swarm, but I don't think there will be any substantial increase in the length a user seeds. In fact, depending on how hard it is to get a ratio at a particular site, there might be a substantial decrease... if you know what I mean.

cinephilia
01-19-2009, 04:24 AM
well for me ratios (counting Down and UP) will end in the future. With other scripts that check the 1/1 torrent and the seeded time for a period of xx hours there is no utility to have a ratio system. In the end is almost the same thing at least for the user that follow the rules.
yeah so users can cap their upload speed for xx hours and only seed back on new torrents to buffer their account (to reach userclasses you know).
no seriously, i don't think ratioless trackers are the future.

Brenya
01-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Didn't FTN or some other rare private tracker remove ratios as well? I wonder how they turned out.

cinephilia
01-19-2009, 05:17 AM
it works there cause they are small "communities" with more "conscious" users than the majority of trackers (even the collectors are more careful cause the tracker is "rare").
put a ratioless system in any other tracker, it will (probably) fail concerning speeds and seeding time.

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 05:22 AM
yeah so users can cap their upload speed for xx hours and only seed back on new torrents to buffer their account (to reach userclasses you know).
i share the same opinion.
imagine if ScT tried to implement this system... :wacko:

if people want ratioless, use TPB.

horiZen
01-19-2009, 06:34 AM
i'm inclined to also believe a ratio system is best for most sites but it works well for 3 sites i know of(2 of them have had "no ratio" for over 3years now) Judging by their(Torrentbits.ro)seeder base it seems so far that it might work very well for them if they decide to implement this on a long term basis

anyways best of luck to them,

john pal
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM

That is unfair way to try overcame the system but real. However that can be managed with rules applied in way to decrease the fails of the system like the ones that are implemented on the "actual system". There is no perfect system! no ratio dosenīt mean a system without rules. And like you say after in another post, it works in other sites so there is hope to all other ones. I'm an optimist. well many can say that is not realistic on bigger and lower rated sites but if one can why others canīt? because all human are selfish and only think in their own profit... well, every one can start with himself to change the way things are.

ps: English is not my native language. be patient

Peanut
01-21-2009, 02:25 AM
ya lovely site

boosaw
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
hi everyone!
i'm part of torrentbits.ro upper staff and i can defently say to u that,
torrentbits.ro will not implement a definitv no-ratio system.
from time to time (like now on Christmas) we make all our torrents
(scene or non-scene rls) free, but after this...all non-scene torrents
will be free and the scene rls will have ratio count.
soon we will rls a new source with more benefits for users and more criptic
when it comes about keeping count on users ratio/seeding torrents.
meaning that we will implement a auto-warn/disable system
(our own "package", made by us) and more.
on another note: i have a number of invites for who wants to join tbs.ro
(this is not a trade or giveaway)....if u want to join just PM....in return i need
(if anyone has it) a invite code for uniongang.ru tracker.

thnks and keep the seed alive!