PDA

View Full Version : Goodness Gracious Me - TehConnection Looks Awesome

Unstable1
01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
It's just switched to Gazelle and looking simply amazing - I'm really impressed!

I think more trackers should consider switched to Gazelle.

Albo Da Kid
01-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Yepp. It looks great. I hope the site grows from now on. I love to see movie trackers make it.

Rafa
01-19-2009, 12:36 AM
finally, took time but it seems great

i hope the site grows too, it's a fine place :)

fulu
01-19-2009, 12:37 AM
yeps i like it as well

integral
01-19-2009, 01:01 AM
looks great, now if only the breadth of their collection was as good.

cinephilia
01-19-2009, 01:11 AM
lol, i can't imagine how much time they have wasted to code the old tracker structure (they created it themselves AFAIK).
a good new anyway.

noAxx
01-19-2009, 06:15 AM
Looks good, though it did previously too. Not so nuts about some of the changes though. I'm all in favor of user uploads, but limiting it x264 is sheer madness. Hell, not even x264 does that.

F33NY
01-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Meh, I still like PTP better. Not really fond of the way Tehconnection modified the Gazelle code.

Detale
01-19-2009, 06:42 AM
I think it looks fantastic and I applaud the site and the staff for doing a great job there especially a certain "X" man good job bro ;)

leechasaurus
01-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Screens for those who got pruned?

Disme
01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Looks mighty good imo!!!

Swift
01-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Screens for those who got pruned?

a review would be nice

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 07:00 AM
yeah, it's finally a good adaptation of the gazelle concept to a specific site.
good job indeed.

Magnum
01-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm really impressed!Looks great now!

Unstable1
01-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Looks good, though it did previously too. Not so nuts about some of the changes though. I'm all in favor of user uploads, but limiting it x264 is sheer madness. Hell, not even x264 does that.

I disagree!!

It's a very forward-thinking move. The scene should scrap Xvid entirely and move to x264 (like they have with HD).

XVid/DivX / .avi are way past their sell by date.

x264 / .mkv is the future of video encoding.

Detale
01-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Maybe for people like you and I but therer is still a HUGE market for people without HDTV's and slow connections man. Honestly I think your nuts for even saying that. No offense.

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 07:29 AM
and let's not forget about all those Divx players that cost 20€, that everybody has one at their living room.

Unstable1
01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Maybe for people like you and I but therer is still a HUGE market for people without HDTV's and slow connections man. Honestly I think your nuts for even saying that. No offense.

No offence taken Detale. But I wasn't just talking about HD. For non-HD stuff with smaller file sizes, the picture quality is better with x264 than Xvid/Divx. Furthermore, people's internet connections world-wide are getting faster every day and more and more people will be able to download larger files more easily.

and let's not forget about all those Divx players that cost 20€, that everybody has one at their living room.

That's true. I've got two of them. Both are kaput and don't work anymore. That's why I bought a Popcorn Hour (which isn't that cheap I know), but it does play nearly every x264 file you can chuck at it, including HD (as well as all the older codecs like Xvid and Divx etc).

There's a cheaper option of course, from Western Digital, which has very nearly the same functionality as the Popcorn Hour for a 1/3 of the price, although it doesnt support DTS (yet).

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 07:35 AM
what's that stuff from WD you are talking about?
can u link it please?

Wi0
01-19-2009, 07:46 AM
looks great, now if only the breadth of their collection was as good.

Just wait :)

Exactly the reason we kept scene XviD. We require x264 for user encodes cuz, hey, if you're going to take the time to encode something, do it right and produce a quality product.

I'm a scene guy myself, so I love me scene releases :D

BTW, you guys are welcome to come on IRC for an invite if you have been pruned in the past.

Time-Traveller
01-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Looks great, gotta go back to work today though so will have a good look at it later.

meelad
01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I agree, it has been a long time coming, but TC looks great now.

Sanka113
01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Here's the link to the WD TV media player http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572.

I like the new look that their sporting there. The tagging feature is pretty slick.

lukekenny
01-19-2009, 07:54 AM
off topic but where are all the free leech torrents gone? Where do I see the list of the all the freeleech torrents....BTW the site do looks great.....

Unstable1
01-19-2009, 07:56 AM
what's that stuff from WD you are talking about?
can u link it please?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/01/western-digital-quietly-intros-wd-tv-hd-media-player/

Wi0
01-19-2009, 07:56 AM
off topic but where are all the free leech torrents gone? Where do I see the list of the all the freeleech torrents....BTW the site do looks great.....

They are no more. Free leech for a couple months is enough lol. We have other plans in mind....:cool:

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I don't hve tehconnection,personallly m fine with PTP but i've seen the screenies, it does look awesome!

KushBlow
01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Go Gazelle! :)

Polarbear
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
first gazelle site i know that finally implemented a view unread function in the forum.

Di@monds
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
looks better than teh old one :P

PlayeR
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
No offence taken Detale. But I wasn't just talking about HD. For non-HD stuff with smaller file sizes, the picture quality is better with x264 than Xvid/Divx. Furthermore, people's internet connections world-wide are getting faster every day and more and more people will be able to download larger files more easily.

no..I prefer smaller files, why? because some ISPs limit your bandwidth per month..

Rigel9
01-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Can someone post screens, please? I'm at work and don't have my login data here...

The_Martinator
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Can someone post screens, please? I'm at work and don't have my login data here...

Here ya go:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5769/tccig4.png

Btw, I just got 150 GB added to my upload amount. Did anyone else get that?

Rigel9
01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks, looks sexy :D

Swift
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
yes it's nice thanks for sharing

Unstable1
01-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Yeah, me too! Good stuff, thanks TC.

lubu
01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
150GB added to my account as well.....Who needs the FL torrents now. It would be a leechfest now for me. Thanks tehconnection!!!!!!

lukekenny
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. thanks tc staff!!!!

dpds
01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
wow! really amazing i must admit.
and 150Gbs to the upload is really generous gesture!

Polarbear
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
what the site needs now are more uploads. especially more home rips.

18,000 users compared to 1,000 uploaded movies, with the majority of them being scene releases that can be found everywhere, is too little.

if they want to achieve the desired status of a really big movie site, they'll need to encourage members to upload more.

The_Martinator
01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
what the site needs now are more uploads. especially more home rips.

18,000 users compared to 1,000 uploaded movies, with the majority of them being scene releases that can be found everywhere, is too little.

if they want to achieve the desired status of a really big movie site, they'll need to encourage members to upload more.

They have. They've altered the userclasses a bit. So now you have to also upload your own stuff to get promoted. Sort of like What.cd.

meelad
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree they need a lot of uploads from us users. Presently, I think goem is the best dedicated movie tracker

Rafa
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM

:slap:

and i thought that was a bug... LOL

danio
01-19-2009, 04:01 PM

and yet you didn't report it? :shifty:

:lol:

integral
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
TehConnection is ran by those scene-obsessed people, so they really don't see the reason for non-scene stuff, since they believe their leet axx is all thats needed.

KushBlow
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
TehConnection is ran by those scene-obsessed people, so they really don't see the reason for non-scene stuff, since they believe their leet axx is all thats needed.

You mean by ScT staff? :shifty:

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM

good one ;)

Wi0
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM

There is no ScT staff at TehConnection. And what are you talking about ? We have changed our rules to emphasize ans encourage user encoded uploads..

It is a bug, sorry hehe. I'm nice, but that's pushing it :rolleyes:

horiZen
01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
they need more active users and to build a "sustained seeder base" on those files is going to take a loooooong time in the making,,perhaps in 18-24months they'll prove worthwhile

otherwise, best of luck to them

btw, the site design does look good

Night0wl
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to a stylesheet, which is easier on my eyes, but apart from that it looks great.

Rafa
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM

and yet you didn't report it? :shifty:

:lol:

yes, i did! i wrote a pm for staff to explain that i'm not a cheater! LOL

EDIT

It is a bug, sorry hehe. I'm nice, but that's pushing it http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

oh no... :frusty:

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
offtopic: that WD gadget sure looks great !!

Rafa
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
oh well, there goes the 150 GBs... :wave:

Time-Traveller
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM

Hmm I never got this but I did get 5 invites, probably because I don't use the site that much

nikita
01-19-2009, 10:30 PM
i got 150gb plus 5 invites :P

edit: they retired the buffer :(

Time-Traveller
01-19-2009, 10:33 PM
edit: they retired the buffer :(

What ?

Rafa
01-19-2009, 10:56 PM
i got 5 invites too, and they remained

lubu
01-20-2009, 01:48 AM
why did they withdraw the buffer?

nikita
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
I think the buffer was a bug or a mess, since I still got 500MB.

Rafa
01-20-2009, 02:45 AM
why did they withdraw the buffer?

It is a bug, sorry hehe. I'm nice, but that's pushing it :rolleyes:

it's a bug :yup:

Stranger99
01-20-2009, 08:10 AM
what site is this?never heard of it

danio
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah it looks amazing indeed! All that is needed now is for everyone to realize it's alive and kicking and start uploading and recruiting. I noticed that half of the userdb got deleted some days ago? I hope they will send out a mass-mail as suggested in the forums.

EDIT: Have everyone checked out the People feature? :O it's soooo awesome! :D

CaptanAmerica
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
omg wheres my 150 upload gbs?

Funkin'
01-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Here's the link to the WD TV media player http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572.

I like the new look that their sporting there. The tagging feature is pretty slick.

Thank you Sanka. But am I blind, or is there not a price listed. I've been debating on a popcorn hour. But if this does the samething, but cheaper, than I may get it instead.

EDIT: Nevermind. Did some digging, and it seems to be $129.99. Which I was debating on either a blu ray player or a popcorn hour. And this thing is cheaper than both, and does the samething a popcorn hour does.

I'm glad you brought this up Sanka. I almost spent a lot more money than I should have. I'm gonna start loading up my 650GB external up with a bunch of 1080p to get ready for this. ;)

bgh520
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
omg wheres my 150 upload gbs?

lol pm staff

cinephilia
01-21-2009, 01:44 PM
as the title say, tehconnection looks awesome with gazelle but unfortunately, it is not :rolleyes:

Unstable1
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM

Thank you Sanka. But am I blind, or is there not a price listed. I've been debating on a popcorn hour. But if this does the samething, but cheaper, than I may get it instead.

EDIT: Nevermind. Did some digging, and it seems to be $129.99. Which I was debating on either a blu ray player or a popcorn hour. And this thing is cheaper than both, and does the samething a popcorn hour does.

I'm glad you brought this up Sanka. I almost spent a lot more money than I should have. I'm gonna start loading up my 650GB external up with a bunch of 1080p to get ready for this. ;)

The Popcorn Hour is better.

Better menu system and support of DTS (which the WD HD Player doesnt support).

The WD player is good, but if you want the best, go for the popcorn hour.

as the title say, tehconnection looks awesome with gazelle but unfortunately, it is not :rolleyes:

It's still a young tracker - give it time.

Wi0
01-22-2009, 08:34 AM

haha. You think we're done ? This is practically our beta launch, that's why no e-mails have been sent. Stay tuned...

dalima
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
it looks promising. just 2 things:

1. the ppl behind the site are really slow workers. whatever the reasons are.. development needs to be fast. what.cd did an excellent job at the time for example.

2. i question whether a movie tracker can become a huge success comparable to what/waffles. many movies will have only 1 seed.. which is very little for 700mb+ files. a lot is gonna depend on people having big HD's and fast connections to have a huge choice of movies and have decent speeds. i also feel that movies don't have the "keeping value" that music albums have (if you know what i mean). when i download an album that i like i keep it.. but when i saw a movie i download it has to be really great for me to keep it. tc and ptp are gonna stumble on these problems.

mobile
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
i also feel that movies don't have the "keeping value" that music albums have (if you know what i mean). when i download an album that i like i keep it.. but when i saw a movie i download it has to be really great for me to keep it.

i agree with you on this..they may be seeded for just 3-4 weeks at the max.

stoi
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM

1. the ppl behind the site are really slow workers. whatever the reasons are.. development needs to be fast. what.cd did an excellent job at the time for example.

2. i question whether a movie tracker can become a huge success comparable to what/waffles. many movies will have only 1 seed.. which is very little for 700mb+ files. a lot is gonna depend on people having big HD's and fast connections to have a huge choice of movies and have decent speeds. i also feel that movies don't have the "keeping value" that music albums have (if you know what i mean). when i download an album that i like i keep it.. but when i saw a movie i download it has to be really great for me to keep it. tc and ptp are gonna stumble on these problems.

But then you can say the same about games, 4 gig average some 8 gig and we do OK with retention, actually we do bloody great with retention, 2 years and still over 150 seeds on some things. and this is for games that are not for the PC so no need to keep them at all, on the PC.

so it is not impossible to do whatever the size of the content.

dalima
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM

But then you can say the same about games, 4 gig average some 8 gig and we do OK with retention, actually we do bloody great with retention, 2 years and still over 150 seeds on some things. and this is for games that are not for the PC so no need to keep them at all, on the PC.

i'm not on BCG so i'll take your word for it. im assuming tho that you're talking about mainly populair games. i'm not worried that The Godfather and The Matrix won't be seeded for years.. i'm worried about the less popular ones. it's gonna be really hard to keep a huge database of movies well seeded.

Rigel9
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM

This works pretty good on Karagara for example.

cinephilia
01-22-2009, 05:00 PM

tehconnection has been created something like 10 months ago and there's only 1600 torrents for 8500 users... make your own conclusion.

haha. You think we're done ? This is practically our beta launch, that's why no e-mails have been sent. Stay tuned...
i meant tehconnection seems great thanks to gazelle but actually, it's a ordinary tracker.

stoi
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM

i'm not on BCG so i'll take your word for it. im assuming tho that you're talking about mainly populair games. i'm not worried that The Godfather and The Matrix won't be seeded for years.. i'm worried about the less popular ones. it's gonna be really hard to keep a huge database of movies well seeded.

I know this is about TC but it can be done, we do recycle torrents so the oldest torrent on the tracker, is not really the oldest on the tracker.

but the oldest is a NDS game that is 7.62meg in size was uploaded 2007-06-13 21:08:35 Dr Kawashimas Brain Training - How Old Is Your Brain

our oldest big game is a PS2 game that is 3.36gig Bujingai The Forsaken City USA PS2DVD-PROTOCOL and that has 5 seeders (no idea how fast it will go though a there is no leechers on it) 2007-07-17 12:06:13

But our oldest game is Gears of War been on the tracker since December 2006, and has been recyled twice in that time.

So just because the torrents are big, does not mean they die easily.

Good luck to them.

danio
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
tehconnection has been created something like 10 months ago and there's only 1600 torrents for 8500 users... make your own conclusion.

i don't think it's fair to judge the tracker the way you just did. my guess is that alot of people (me included) have been waiting for the transition to gazelle to happen ever since they first announced it (in september i think?), and hence haven't used my account at all in the meantime. i felt that i'll just hang around and see how the site seems like once the switch to gazelle is done..

why do i think i wasn't one of a few that thought like this? first of all, there was no further development of the old site at all, and the only announcements was regarding the coding of gazelle. i think this is something that could have caused alot of people to lose interest in the current site as it felt kinda dead.. sure, it was just like this at what.cd back when they were creating gazelle aswell. but the difference here is that TC also disabled the forums in preparation for the transition (pretty early aswell, and a mistake if you ask me :/). this made atleast me think that the old site was abandoned and the new one was just around the corner.

last of all, you can see now that half the userbase has been disabled due to inactivity, and only half of the remaining users have been active since the new site went public. i think this strenghtens my theory that most users lost interest and waited for the new site, but yet haven't noticed that it's here.

so to me, TC started "half-fresh" just now, and the following few months will tell if it is the next great thing, or if you were right ;).

cinephilia
01-22-2009, 05:34 PM
it was just my opinion regarding what they used to call the "OiNK for movies" (lol).

alcoholik
01-22-2009, 05:57 PM
it's looks amazing :D

FLEA
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
yep, looks fckn awesome. btw, have 10 invites, now only 5

TP635
01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I got a 404 error, now I know why. It look good to me.

Cabalo
01-23-2009, 12:39 AM

i meant tehconnection seems great thanks to gazelle but actually, it's a ordinary tracker.
i think it might be somehow related to their obnoxious policy of banning half of the countries in the world there. :whistling

colbert
01-23-2009, 01:04 AM
It looks nice, but a selection of style sheets would be nice. Hopefully more users will add some activity to the site. I'm glad to see the freeleech on everything deal is over.