PDA

View Full Version : Best Rap Album Ever

olibomb
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
What rap album do u think's the best ever? (i dont mind other suggestions of genres. As long as it's not hard rock)

mogadishu
09-13-2003, 05:26 PM
any run dmc album. it may not be as great as some later artists, but it made it possible for them to even make their cd's.

mogadishu
09-13-2003, 05:28 PM
but i guess if i had to chose, it would be a tribe called quest - the low end theory.

Mr. Blunt
09-13-2003, 05:34 PM
a lot of rap albums in the 90s. The 2000s rap is nothing but fakez.

2Pac - Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.

BigBank_Hank
09-13-2003, 06:13 PM
The album that got me listening to the whole genre is: 2Pac - All Eyez On Me. To me this is one of the greatest rap albums that I have ever listened to cover to cover. In most rap albums you have about 1-2 good songs and the rest of it is just filler, not this album. I have had this album for quite some time now and I still listen to it regularly. 2Pac seemed to make a connection to you in the album and made it feel like he was rapping to you. Great album and great artist.

Ma5t3rM1nD
09-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Nearly all of Tupac's Album.
1. Makaveli-Tha-Don Killumanti 7 Day Theory (Tupac)
2. All Eyez On Me (Tupac)t
*Tupac's Greatest Hits
Best Songs
-Dear Mama
-Me Against The World
-Changes
and many more!
I like millions had the slighest glimmer of hope that Tupac would return today but sadly it never happened :'( . But for now and forever Thug Angel lives on forever R.I.P Tupac Makaveli he will always live on earth through his music,poems and movies. Hope I see ya in thugz manision or heaven Pac!

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-13-2003, 11:49 PM
I used to like ICE-T alot
POWER or ORIGINAL GANGSTER albums :D

Celerystalksme
09-14-2003, 01:04 AM
2Pac - All Eyez On Me

and

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Art Of War

chalice
09-14-2003, 01:38 AM
Public Enemy. Fear of a black planet.

soopaman
09-14-2003, 02:19 AM
No one has mentioned Public Enemys masterpiece -

IT TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS TO HOLD US BACK.

Or

Ultramagnetic MC's -

CRITICAL BEATDOWN.

Another few of my faves are:

Hijack - Horns of Jericho

Nas - Illmatic

Ice-T - Iceberg (Freedom Of Speech)

;)

All that fuckin' Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds!!

Celerystalksme
09-14-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by soopaman@14 September 2003 - 12:19
Tsk Tsk...This is how rap wars get started...you don't wanna get shot 9 times do ya???

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 02:27 AM
in no particular order

dr dre - the chronic
snoop doggy dogg - doggystyle
nas - illmatic
eminem - slim shady lp
2pac (all)

Mr. Blunt
09-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by soopaman@13 September 2003 - 19:19
Your just waiting for someone to tell you shit huh?

soopaman
09-14-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+14 September 2003 - 03:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 14 September 2003 - 03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-soopaman@13 September 2003 - 19:19
All that fuckin&#39; Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds&#33;&#33;
Your just waiting for someone to tell you shit huh? [/b][/quote]

I just think he has done far better work than "Changes" and "Dear Mama". Which are, you have to admit, very commercial tracks. Personally I liked him better when he was making tunes like "Point The Finga", "Last Wordz" and "Soujah&#39;s Revenge". When he got into that Bishop/Juice thing I think he changed as a person and left most of his old values behind and embraced the Thug Life which ultimately lead to his death. He wasn&#39;t a real Gangsta or criminal. He was an intelligent, eloquent young man that had a strong interest in Black Empowerment and the Politics of Race in America but I don&#39;t think the move to Death Row Records really produced the quality of tunes that I think he could have made had he stayed in New York. Just my opinion though&#33;&#33;

;)

MeMeMeSoHony
09-14-2003, 05:38 AM
Ok this is my opinion.......,humble opinion. Some of you or most of you keep talking ONLY about black rappers. Of course there is hip-hop , reggae dancehall , and Gansta Rap and other similar hard core categories of this type of music. The question is "What IS rap"? Some people call Nelly or Jay-Z ....even Ja Rule , rappers. One late night i was watching tv and saw/heard DMX say " Ohh you mean &#39;tupac rap&#39; ?". Someone asked why couldn&#39;t he express himself in a more positive way. He (tupac) had his OWN style of communicating with people. HE was a song writter , wrote poems , and did movies. He wasnt a dumb person. But he probably wanted to fit in.... I remember he once said he got dissed many times when he moved out of the ghetto he lived in. Anyways let me talk about what rap albums I like.

Like i said i think you guys need to talk about rappers in general. There are catagories in hip hop . And other similar styles.

"Geniuses , All dying meaningless", Very few words....but they sure make you think . This is what South Park Mexican said in one of his songs....reffering to Mexican/Mexican-American youth dying cuz of the drug business. They could be so much yet go down the wrong path in life.

There are many rappers , hip hoppers out there. One thing is the stuff you guys saw a while back on MTV or heard on a radio station. Because unless ur station is dedicated to hip-hop or rap only , you&#39;re sorta screwed. And i agree with the person who said "All Eyez on Me" was a gr8 album (set) . He (pac) got help from so many people on that cd....it wasnt all his talent. Daz helped out , Suge , Dre,Snoop, Snoop&#39;s lil bro , Tons of people did so much on that album. One quote from one of his songs " They got money for wars but can&#39;t feed the poor" :ph34r:

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ... 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez , South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz , Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@14 September 2003 - 05:38
West Side Connection
bow down is a great album
forgot that one, thanks for reminding me... :D

Celerystalksme
09-14-2003, 05:47 AM
Oh yeah and i like Everlast - White Ford Sings The Blues :D

and im being serious...even though its more folk...its still rapping and i still like it :)

and i don&#39;t see it as the greatest rap albums of all time but it sure shits over a lot of stuff.. :)

MeMeMeSoHony
09-14-2003, 05:48 AM
Welcome , Im trying very hard to remember more artists , i just did , i think im gonna go edit the list once again hehe ;)

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 05:50 AM
i like big pun too

rip pun

MeMeMeSoHony
09-14-2003, 05:57 AM
R.I.P Big Pun.... Pacs anniversary is near , right? or am i wrong? mmm One of Run Dmc&#39;s members got shot and died recently too btw....sad stuff :(

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@14 September 2003 - 05:57
R.I.P Big Pun.... Pacs anniversary is near , right? or am i wrong? mmm One of Run Dmc&#39;s members got shot and died recently too btw....sad stuff :(
pac&#39;s anniversary was yesterday actually, the 13th september
and yeah, Jam Master Jay was shot not too long ago too

rap is a violent genre, sure enough

r.i.p. to the fallen

MeMeMeSoHony
09-14-2003, 06:15 AM
I thought it was either the 13th or the 16th , i was sorta close . Jam Master Jay , yeah i remember now. Rap in deed has violent promoters..... :ph34r:

imported_el-producto
09-14-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38
Ok this is my opinion.......,humble opinion. Some of you or most of you keep talking ONLY about black rappers. Of course there is hip-hop , reggae dancehall , and Gansta Rap and other similar hard core categories of this type of music. The question is "What IS rap"? Some people call Nelly or Jay-Z ....even Ja Rule , rappers. One late night i was watching tv and saw/heard DMX say " Ohh you mean &#39;tupac rap&#39; ?". Someone asked why couldn&#39;t he express himself in a more positive way. He (tupac) had his OWN style of communicating with people. HE was a song writter , wrote poems , and did movies. He wasnt a dumb person. But he probably wanted to fit in.... I remember he once said he got dissed many times when he moved out of the ghetto he lived in. Anyways let me talk about what rap albums I like.

Like i said i think you guys need to talk about rappers in general. There are catagories in hip hop . And other similar styles.

"Geniuses , All dying meaningless", Very few words....but they sure make you think . This is what South Park Mexican said in one of his songs....reffering to Mexican/Mexican-American youth dying cuz of the drug business. They could be so much yet go down the wrong path in life.

There are many rappers , hip hoppers out there. One thing is the stuff you guys saw a while back on MTV or heard on a radio station. Because unless ur station is dedicated to hip-hop or rap only , you&#39;re sorta screwed. And i agree with the person who said "All Eyez on Me" was a gr8 album (set) . He (pac) got help from so many people on that cd....it wasnt all his talent. Daz helped out , Suge , Dre,Snoop, Snoop&#39;s lil bro , Tons of people did so much on that album. One quote from one of his songs " They got money for wars but can&#39;t feed the poor" :ph34r:

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ... 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez , South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz , Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B,

im gonna have to come back and edit the list. My mind aint working properly. BTW South Park Mexican is in jail. He got sent in for touching a girls private part. He got 55 years...... He&#39;s Mexican American ..... i know white guys that do the same sh&#33;t and even worse crap...and are out on bail. Im not racist...just p&#33;ssed off at these white judges. :angry: , Ok i forgot something , i re-edited my list and im gonna add something here...the judge told SPM "All of you say the same things". The judge didnt say if he meant child molestors or hispanics. He didnt put his thing in her...IF he did...he just touched , nothing else could be proven. Ohh if you got time to download one of his videos.....you&#39;ll see what kinda women who could have gotten... he had money. P&#33;sses me off , man&#33;
get the fuck off of spm&#39;s nuts. the fucker is getting raped in prison like he should be for fucking around with a little girl. dont try to bring race into the shit, hes guilty as can be

Celerystalksme
09-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by el-producto+14 September 2003 - 17:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el-producto @ 14 September 2003 - 17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38
Ok this is my opinion.......,humble opinion. Some of you or most of you keep talking ONLY about black rappers. Of course there is hip-hop , reggae dancehall , and Gansta Rap and other similar hard core categories of this type of music. The question is "What IS rap"? Some people call Nelly or Jay-Z ....even Ja Rule , rappers.&nbsp; One late night i was watching tv and saw/heard DMX say " Ohh you mean &#39;tupac rap&#39; ?". Someone asked why couldn&#39;t he express himself in a more positive way. He (tupac) had his OWN style of communicating with people. HE was a song writter , wrote poems , and did movies. He wasnt a dumb person. But he probably wanted to fit in.... I remember he once said he got dissed many times when he moved out of the ghetto he lived in. Anyways let me talk about what rap albums I like.

"Geniuses , All dying meaningless", Very few words....but they sure make you think . This is what South Park Mexican said in one of his songs....reffering to Mexican/Mexican-American youth dying cuz of the drug business. They could&nbsp; be so much yet go down the wrong path in life.

There are many rappers , hip hoppers out there. One thing is the stuff you guys saw a while back on MTV or heard on a radio station. Because unless ur station is dedicated to hip-hop or rap only , you&#39;re sorta screwed.&nbsp; And i agree with the person who said&nbsp; "All Eyez on Me" was a gr8 album (set) . He (pac) got help from so many people on that cd....it wasnt all his talent. Daz helped out , Suge , Dre,Snoop, Snoop&#39;s lil bro , Tons of people did so much on that album. One quote from one of his songs " They got money for wars but can&#39;t feed the poor"&nbsp; :ph34r:

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ...&nbsp; 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez ,&nbsp; South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz ,&nbsp; Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B,

im gonna have to come back and edit the list. My mind aint working properly. BTW South Park Mexican is in jail. He got sent in for touching a girls private part. He got 55 years...... He&#39;s Mexican American ..... i know white guys that do the same sh&#33;t and even worse crap...and are out on bail. Im not racist...just p&#33;ssed off at these white judges. :angry:&nbsp; &nbsp; , Ok i forgot something , i re-edited my list and im gonna add something here...the judge told SPM "All of you say the same things". The judge didnt say if he meant child molestors or hispanics. He didnt put his thing in her...IF he did...he just touched , nothing else could be proven. Ohh if you got time to download one of his videos.....you&#39;ll see what kinda women who could have gotten... he had money. P&#33;sses me off , man&#33;
get the fuck off of spm&#39;s nuts. the fucker is getting raped in prison like he should be for fucking around with a little girl. dont try to bring race into the shit, hes guilty as can be [/b][/quote]
Is R Kelly somebody&#39;s kabanna boy yet??...is he even in jail??

Pitbul
09-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Edit my all time Favorite album is 2Pac All Eyez On Me. if u haven&#39;t heard that CD and ur into hip hop or a Hip Hop inthusiast u got to pick up that album tho if u like hip hop and u dont got that album then soemthings wrong with u.

soopaman
09-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@14 September 2003 - 14:31
if u haven&#39;t heard that CD and ur into hip hop or a Hip Hop inthusiast u got to pick up that album tho if u like hip hop and u dont got that album then soemthings wrong with u.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Blunt
09-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by soopaman+13 September 2003 - 20:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 13 September 2003 - 20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@14 September 2003 - 03:30
<!--QuoteBegin-soopaman@13 September 2003 - 19:19
All that fuckin&#39; Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds&#33;&#33;
Your just waiting for someone to tell you shit huh?

I just think he has done far better work than "Changes" and "Dear Mama". Which are, you have to admit, very commercial tracks. Personally I liked him better when he was making tunes like "Point The Finga", "Last Wordz" and "Soujah&#39;s Revenge". When he got into that Bishop/Juice thing I think he changed as a person and left most of his old values behind and embraced the Thug Life which ultimately lead to his death. He wasn&#39;t a real Gangsta or criminal. He was an intelligent, eloquent young man that had a strong interest in Black Empowerment and the Politics of Race in America but I don&#39;t think the move to Death Row Records really produced the quality of tunes that I think he could have made had he stayed in New York. Just my opinion though&#33;&#33;

;) [/b][/quote]
See, now if you would of just said that in the first place. ;)

Meehowski
09-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Rakim--Follow the Leader

Take that&#33;&#33;
;)

&#39;Nuff said.....just listening to the lyrics;makes me "flow"...

Be well all....

..I put The R up against any rapper/anytime/anywhere&#33;&#33;

Peace...yup&#33;&#33; :ninja:

imported_el-producto
09-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38
Ok this is my opinion.......,humble opinion. Some of you or most of you keep talking ONLY about black rappers. Of course there is hip-hop , reggae dancehall , and Gansta Rap and other similar hard core categories of this type of music. The question is "What IS rap"? Some people call Nelly or Jay-Z ....even Ja Rule , rappers.&nbsp; One late night i was watching tv and saw/heard DMX say " Ohh you mean &#39;tupac rap&#39; ?". Someone asked why couldn&#39;t he express himself in a more positive way. He (tupac) had his OWN style of communicating with people. HE was a song writter , wrote poems , and did movies. He wasnt a dumb person. But he probably wanted to fit in.... I remember he once said he got dissed many times when he moved out of the ghetto he lived in. Anyways let me talk about what rap albums I like.

"Geniuses , All dying meaningless", Very few words....but they sure make you think . This is what South Park Mexican said in one of his songs....reffering to Mexican/Mexican-American youth dying cuz of the drug business. They could&nbsp; be so much yet go down the wrong path in life.

There are many rappers , hip hoppers out there. One thing is the stuff you guys saw a while back on MTV or heard on a radio station. Because unless ur station is dedicated to hip-hop or rap only , you&#39;re sorta screwed.&nbsp; And i agree with the person who said&nbsp; "All Eyez on Me" was a gr8 album (set) . He (pac) got help from so many people on that cd....it wasnt all his talent. Daz helped out , Suge , Dre,Snoop, Snoop&#39;s lil bro , Tons of people did so much on that album. One quote from one of his songs " They got money for wars but can&#39;t feed the poor"&nbsp; :ph34r:

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ...&nbsp; 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez ,&nbsp; South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz ,&nbsp; Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B,

im gonna have to come back and edit the list. My mind aint working properly.&nbsp;
you think magnificent sucks yet you like ludacris and chingo bling hahahahah. oh yeah fat joe, camron, trina, P DIDDY HAHAHAHAHA, young bloodz, dmx are all horrible. do you live in houston? why dont you put some texas rappers on there

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by el&#045;producto+15 September 2003 - 05:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el&#045;producto &#064; 15 September 2003 - 05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ...&nbsp; 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez , South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz , Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B,

im gonna have to come back and edit the list. My mind aint working properly.&nbsp;
you think magnificent sucks yet you like ludacris and chingo bling hahahahah. oh yeah fat joe, camron, trina, P DIDDY HAHAHAHAHA, young bloodz, dmx are all horrible. do you live in houston? why dont you put some texas rappers on there [/b][/quote]
Cause only steers and queers come from texas and no rappers look like steers to me... :D :lol:

imported_el-producto
09-15-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+14 September 2003 - 18:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme &#064; 14 September 2003 - 18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by el&#045;producto@15 September 2003 - 05:19
<!--QuoteBegin-MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ... 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez , South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz , Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B,

you think magnificent sucks yet you like ludacris and chingo bling hahahahah. oh yeah fat joe, camron, trina, P DIDDY HAHAHAHAHA, young bloodz, dmx are all horrible. do you live in houston? why dont you put some texas rappers on there
Cause only steers and queers come from texas and no rappers look like steers to me... :D :lol: [/b][/quote]
arent you from australia hahahahha

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by el&#045;producto+15 September 2003 - 16:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el&#045;producto &#064; 15 September 2003 - 16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@14 September 2003 - 18:36

Originally posted by el&#045;producto@15 September 2003 - 05:19
<!--QuoteBegin-MeMeMeSoHony@13 September 2003 - 23:38

Cause only steers and queers come from texas and no rappers look like steers to me... :D :lol:
arent you from australia hahahahha [/b][/quote]
Yeaps and your problem is?? :huh:

imported_el-producto
09-15-2003, 06:10 AM
quit talking about texas. yeaps :blink: :lol:

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by el-producto@15 September 2003 - 16:10
quit talking about texas. yeaps :blink: :lol:
Just cause Australia has hip-hop flava :lol:

MUSLEMAN
09-15-2003, 06:27 AM
this thread has been hijacked :o
my answer to the original post is any album from nwa B)

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@15 September 2003 - 16:27
this thread has been hijacked :o
my answer to the original post is any album from nwa B)
thats nice... :)

you should vary for music listening to more rap albums because there was been some vary good ones mentioned...

MUSLEMAN
09-15-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+15 September 2003 - 02:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 15 September 2003 - 02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@15 September 2003 - 16:27
this thread has been hijacked&nbsp; :o
my answer to the original post is any album from nwa&nbsp; B)
thats nice... :)

you should vary for music listening to more rap albums because there was been some vary good ones mentioned... [/b][/quote]
i&#39;m going to go an listen to some right now :lol:

xemi
09-15-2003, 01:23 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre700/e763/e76322of9kc.jpg

j4y3m
09-15-2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.caratuleo.com/e/eminem_-_the_marshall_mathers_lp-front.jpg

3rd gen noob
09-15-2003, 01:30 PM
ice cube - lethal injection too...just remembered that
i still listen to it in my car, it&#39;s a great driving album

Busyman
09-16-2003, 07:39 AM
PERFECT ALBUMS (or almost)

3rd Bass -Cactus Album, Cactus Revisited, Derelict Of Dialect
Notorious BIG -Ready To Die, Life and Death
Audio Two -Top Billin
Alliance
Naughty By Nature
Redman - Whut Thee Album
Tracy Lee
Fugees -The Score
Heavy D -Peaceful Journey
EPMD -Strictly Business, Unfinished Business, Business As Usual, Business Never Personal, Back In Business (Out Of Business sucked)
Nas -Illmatic, Stillmatic
Big Daddy Kane -It&#39;s A Big Daddy Thing, Long Live The Kane
Boogie Down Productions -By All Means Necessary
Run DMC -Run DMC, King Of Rock, Raising Hell, Tougher Than Leather
LL Cool J -Radio, B.A.D., Walking With A Panther
Beastie Boys -License To Ill, Paul&#39;s Boutique
Digital Undergound- Sex Packets
Biz Markie- Never Sleeps
Onyx- Bacdufucup
Eric B and Rakim- Paid In Full
House Of Pain-
Tone Loc- Loc&#39;ed After Dark
Black Sheep- A Wolf In Sheep&#39;s Clothing
Salt N Pepa- HoT, Cool, and Vicious
Doug E Fresh- World&#39;s Greatest Entertainer, The Show
Tribe Called QUEST- Low End Theory, People&#39;s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
De La Soul- ...Is Dead
Queen Latifah- All Hail the Queen
Public Enemy- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Fear Of A Black Planet
Brand Nubian- One For All
Slick Rick- Great Adventures of Slick Rick
NWA- Straight Outta Compton, NIGGAZ4LIFE
Eazy E- Talkin Shit
Dr Dre- The Chronic
The DOC- No One Can Do It Better
Gang Starr- Hard To Earn, Daily Operation
Mobb Deep- The Infamous, Murda Muzik
Geto Boys- We Can&#39;t Be Stopped, Geto Boys
Scarface- The Diary
Cypress Hill
Ice Cube- Amerikka&#39;s Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Kill At Will
House Of Pain
50 Cent

javakel
09-16-2003, 08:53 AM
Whoa...this topic became pretty damn intense. :o I expected there to ba a lot of "who&#39;s got the biggest dick" and "who can piss the furthest"-type responses...like my rapper&#39;s better than your rapper stuff. :lol: Even if the topic did take a weird turn with the whole social justice/race/ethics package, I&#39;m pleased that there&#39;s actually a mature and thoughtful dialogue going on here.

I agree with those of you who named various or even all of Tupac&#39;s albums. He was a very intelligent and poignant person on both an artistic and personal level. I would just like to mention that such qualities are not unique to Tupac, and many artists, past and present, possess(ed) such gifts. As for the tenor that his later albums adopted, critics should stop a second and think more objectively and contextually. It&#39;s easy to conclude that an artist creates more "commercial" works out of the desire to earn the most money, but couldn&#39;t it also be influenced by the fact that with increasing popularity comes more responsibility, so to speak? After all, this means there will be a more substantial and diverse audience base. So, perhaps, they modify their "style" to accomodate said growth and variability, or make it more accessible to others if you will. If he/she has a message to communicate to society as a whole, whatever that message may be, then wouldn&#39;t it be counterproductive to exclude certain groups? Ideas won&#39;t be heard if people don&#39;t even listen and are never encouraged to do so in the first place. And as long as people continue to refuse to be objective, open-minded, and circumspect, most artists will be forced to "appeal to the masses". To further complicate matters, the artist uses his/her craft not only as a form of expression, but also to make a living. Everyone has to eat: hence the disenchantment with the so-called "La Vie Boheme". That being said, some people, not only artists, are just greedy bastards with few principles applicable to anything external to their own little personal "world". :blink: :lol:

And...sorry, but I just can&#39;t walk away from MeMeMeSoHorny&#39;s social critique. I don&#39;t argue that the incidences of black rappers knighted as "the best" by a large number of people are disproportionately high. However, I would just like to point out that the exclusion of female rappers is even MORE noticable. Certainly this is a direct reflection of the social fabric (at least in the US) of society and how different meanings are constructed therewithin. Just something to think about. :rolleyes:

So now I must add Queen Latifa, Lil&#39; Kim, Lauren Hill (she does rap in some of her songs, and like MMMSH mentioned, defining what it is to be a "rapper" is inherently problematic), Salt-n-Peppa (mentioned before I think), Foxy Brown, Sarai (she gets points for being balsy and putting herself out to an audience that tends to be highly critical of both white and female rappers), Da Brat, and OF COURSE MISSY ELLIOT&#33;&#33;&#33; There are, of course, other notable female rappers, but I digress..... :lol:

MeMeMeSoHony
09-16-2003, 09:17 AM
I mentioned Trina , she&#39;s a female , and a rapper...a real one. And I totally agree with the change in style "theory". Actually i think its a fact. They gotta change style or else they wont sell cds. BTW i remember once hearing a "reporter" on MTV say that most of 2Pac&#39;s "All Eyez on Me" cd set were white suburban teenaged girls.

i edited my post because i didnt go completely off topic on my first post but after people asked me about SPM it did make a turn for the worst..... Rap threads always going down the toilet. Thats why i edited my post.

Anyways someone else pointed out that they saw a story about a white man who raped a 14 year old girl and got a 10 year sentence. He also says " Im Surprised he didnt give him a death sentence" . And that is very truth. Here in the Laredo Texas region a woman had a mexican girl almost as a slave. And she got guess how many years in prison...... 99 years&#33; She didnt kill her , the girl is back with the family . And the girl&#39;s family actually agreed to let the girl be smuggled into the USA and be hired as a house maid. The husband of the lady is white. "he didnt know he had a &#39;slave&#39; in his own house". Thats what his lawyers told the judge. He white american. He&#39;s a free person right now. The lady is light skin , from mexico. And she got 99 years in jail. :huh:

El Producto , racism no longer excists in Texas , right?

Somebody forgot about a black man been dragged down a road and having his head chopped by white men who were racists.

Spm didnt kill..... not even people who kill someone while driving drunk get that amount of years in jail.

I also pointed out the story about the Border Patrol agent who took pictures of little naked girls. He got parole i think...or just a couple of months. But he got very little.

Other people get medical treatment or get less time for more serious crimes. And SPM got 55 years in jail without possiblity of parole . Because of a girl who couldnt recall if she had or if she hadnt gotten touched "down there". The night i posted the story about SPM i was half asleep. I know this post might not seem like much to most. But I gotta live here. Houston is filled with "minorities". Go out to the rest of Texas and you will be smacked by reality. around 50% of people in Texas are white. Blacks and Hispanics make up around 40% combined. There are "native americans" and other people here too. Thats why its not half white and half black and hispanic.

And i do know Texas rappers. And Chingo Bling is hispanic version of Eminem.... you know that . Im assuming you&#39;ve heard his music (Chingo&#39;s) . Texas has many rappers man. You and I know there&#39;s underground cds on every corner, ESPECIALLY in houston. Its got what...24%,25% of Texas&#39; population? Just in one city , damn.

Anyways peace , goodnight ,Ill be back tomorrow. ;)

Busyman
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
By the way and I&#39;m going out on a limb in saying this....

Tupac was only OK. People didn&#39;t jump on his bandwagon like this until he died. Now you&#39;ve got folks saying he was the greatest rapper alive.

I also don&#39;t like Eminem&#39;s albums that much. He is one of the best rappers but I can&#39;t pump his music in my car. It sounds like cartoon music ALL the time.

3rd gen noob
09-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@16 September 2003 - 18:45
Tupac was only OK. People didn&#39;t jump on his bandwagon like this until he died. Now you&#39;ve got folks saying he was the greatest rapper alive.
tupac was, imo, one of the best lyricists ever

Busyman
09-16-2003, 07:28 PM
tupac was, imo, one of the best lyricists ever

See what I mean&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

3rd gen noob
09-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@16 September 2003 - 19:28
See what I mean&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:
no, i&#39;m just expressing an opinion

MUSLEMAN
09-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+16 September 2003 - 14:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 16 September 2003 - 14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@16 September 2003 - 18:45
tupac was, imo, one of the best lyricists ever [/b][/quote]
agreed :lol:

Spider_dude
09-17-2003, 12:58 AM
my 2 favourite rap albums, are...

the roots - things fall apart and phrenology

Mr. Peabody
09-17-2003, 06:35 AM
:huh: :D

jetje
09-17-2003, 09:25 AM
** i editted some of the posts in this thread, cause memesoH took away some of is posts the thread didn&#39;t make sense. Also i like to see this rap thread will be threated in a good way... Keep on like you all do now.... Nice.. :lol:

Oh best rap ever made...

Telly Savallas - If

olibomb
09-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Talking about rap...bump it up

Busyman
09-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Allen Iverson&#39;s album was crap except for a couple of songs which I pump in my car to this day.

STYŠ
09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
WU-TANG - 36 CHAMBERS &#33;&#33;&#33; plus ALL EYEZ ON ME
So I have forgot KNOC-TURN&#39;AL 4 L.A CONFIDENTIAL.

Jay
09-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Tupka -better dayz

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@23 September 2003 - 12:47
Allen Iverson&#39;s album was crap except for a couple of songs which I pump in my car to this day.
everything on that album was shite.

olibomb
09-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I admire Allen Iverson...but only as a basketball player

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 08:09 PM
well atleast his album wasnt as bad as shaq&#39;s.

olibomb
09-23-2003, 08:11 PM
:lol: I was actually thinking of downloading that one day :unsure:

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 08:13 PM
:lol: hah.. that and shaazamm or whatever that movie was with the boombox.. 2 things i could definitely live without.

olibomb
09-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I think it was called &#39;Kazaam&#39;, i first watched it when i was like 6 and i thought it was good. But anyway i think Tupac- All Eyez on Me

silent VI
09-24-2003, 05:36 AM
The best rap artist still breathing in my opinion is brotha lynch hung every1 of his albums are jacked up with hits even hi snew release was good my fav song is obiouse :lol: drunken style not the remix <_<

Of course the best dead rap artist in my opinion would have to be tupac al of his before death albums are great bu tmy fav song is Static

-support brotha lynch buy his sheit buylynch (http://amazon.com)

mogadishu
09-24-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by olibomb@23 September 2003 - 15:17
I think it was called &#39;Kazaam&#39;, i first watched it when i was like 6 and i thought it was good. But anyway i think Tupac- All Eyez on Me
lol yea, that movie should go in the thread in movieworld for worst movie ever.

Spider_dude
09-24-2003, 02:13 PM
it is worse than crossroads?, mog?

Celerystalksme
09-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@25 September 2003 - 00:13
it is worse than crossroads?, mog?
least crossroads had skanks... :D :lol:

Spider_dude
09-24-2003, 03:11 PM
and britney dancing in pants. always gets a thumbs up.

Celerystalksme
09-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@25 September 2003 - 01:11
and britney dancing in pants. always gets a thumbs up.
or at the start...lack of pants :D :lol:

Spider_dude
09-24-2003, 03:21 PM
i meant pants in the british fashion. not the american/australian way.

Celerystalksme
09-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@25 September 2003 - 01:21
i meant pants in the british fashion. not the american/australian way.
you could of said ass huggers...or boy pants...or some non brittish way... :D :lol:

Spider_dude
09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
i meant kegs god dammnit

Celerystalksme
09-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@25 September 2003 - 01:29
i meant kegs god dammnit
wtf?? :huh:

infamousalbo101
09-25-2003, 03:32 AM
50 cent get rich or die tryin was some hot shyt i think all the songs on that Album wha fucken Hott

lets see

nas stillmatic
dr.dre CHronic
all 2pacs Shyt

and alot more i cant say all of dem LoL

HoLLAaaaaaaaaaaa

Celerystalksme
09-25-2003, 05:10 AM
aii &#33;&#33;&#33;

Busyman
09-25-2003, 05:53 AM
I liked Biggie way better than 2Pac. He had the type music I could ride in my car to. 2Pac was hit and miss for me. My fav by 2Pac (actually Makaveli) was
HAIL MARY

Now that&#39;s some shit for your car.
It makes me drive at 10 miles an hour riding by a crowd of people.

kurse
09-25-2003, 08:09 AM
[B]The best Rap/Hip-Hop CD ever made was brought into this world in the year 2002 when the artist formally known as "Eminem", showed what he can really do with words from the dictionary. His latest CD "THE EMINEM SHOW" has proven to be one of the best maybe the only best ever to date. With The Eminem Show, Eminem just may have made the best rap-rock album in history. And that&#39;s not only because he reworks Aerosmith&#39;s "Dream On," on "Sing for the Moment." The Eminem Show is a hybrid theory of Jay-Z&#39;s hyperconfident The Blueprint, Staind&#39;s pained Dysfunction and Tupac&#39;s anti-hero masterpiece All Eyez On Me. The Eminem Show has the self-assurance of an artist at the top of his game and the game, the understanding that the music world is hanging on his every word and the willingness to shock even the most jaded ears.
Appropriately enough for a man closing in on thirty, The Eminem Show finds Eminem more mature and focused, if not kinder and gentler. "Without Me" -- like his "The Real Slim Shady," the leadoff single from 2000&#39;s The Marshall Mathers LP -- is a fun-loving, barb-laden romp on which he flits from one topic to the next like a bumblebee with ADD. But Em isn&#39;t saying things just to get you mad here. This time he&#39;s rapping because the world has pissed him off, not the other way around. "If y&#39;all leave me alone, this wouldn&#39;t be my M.O.," he says on "My Dad&#39;s Gone Crazy."

On The Eminem Show, Eminem is no longer pulling the race card just for laughs. "I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley," he raps. "To do black music so selfishly/And use it to get myself wealthy." He&#39;s being a little harsh on himself: After all, the only white folks really doing white music are strumming harps and blowing bagpipes. But as always, Em&#39;s most potent weapon is his ability to counter his critics by accepting his vulnerabilities and turning them into song fodder.

Em produced or co-produced most of the album, and he&#39;s quickly becoming an expert beatmaker. Every track has some sort of melodic edge; songs such as "White America" and "Cleanin Out My Closet" feature electric-guitar rhythms fraternizing with hip-hop-sensible drum patterns. "Soldier" and " &#39;Till I Collapse" are all paranoid horror-movie instrumentation bottomed with arena-rock grandeur. He&#39;s learned so much so well as a producer that Dr. Dre&#39;s three contributions ("Business," "Say What You Say," "My Dad&#39;s Gone Crazy") are hard to pick out without production credits.

On the rock-fueled "White America," he confesses that "if I was black, I woulda sold half." But even as he remains acutely aware of his position as a big-time white rapper, Eminem fully enters the fray of mainstream hip-hop on The Eminem Show. He&#39;s moved on from dissing Everlast and Britney Spears and is unafraid to take on credible black MCs now, dissing Canibus on "Square Dance" and egging on Dr. Dre against Jermaine Dupri on "Say What You Say." On "Business," Em names himself the gatekeeper of hip-hop and obliquely claims to be the best rapper alive: "The flow&#39;s too wet/Nobody close to it/Nobody says it, but everybody knows the shit." His way with words and his sheer honesty can make topics that would otherwise seem so last week sound new. "Say Goodbye Hollywood" is the standard mo&#39; money, mo&#39; problems fare given new life; "Drips" is hip-hop&#39;s most poignant visit to the STD clinic since Ice Cube&#39;s 1991 song "Look Who&#39;s Burnin&#39;."

Predictably, the three women in Eminem&#39;s life figure big on The Eminem Show. His divorce from Kim Mathers fuels the slow Southern bounce of the hypermisogynist "Superman," and his relationship with his estranged mother creates "Cleanin Out My Closet," possibly the record&#39;s most powerful moment. Amid a list of atrocities and venomous threats, he shows glimmers of remorse before delving back into unchecked anger, much as he did on 2000&#39;s "Kim." "See, what hurts me the most is you won&#39;t admit you was wrong," he raps before blasting, "but how dare you try to take what you didn&#39;t help me to get?/You selfish bitch, I hope you fuckin&#39; burn in hell for this shit."

Em&#39;s love for his daughter, Hailie, produces his singing debut, the tender "Hailie&#39;s Song." The tune&#39;s sweet message is stronger than the music, as Em reaches for notes that don&#39;t exist. A more effective moment comes when Hailie herself shows up to kick-start the chorus of the ridiculously catchy "My Dad&#39;s Gone Crazy." It&#39;s a guilty pleasure, knowing that Hailie&#39;s participation in the song is probably going to earn her a couple of years of therapy: The song begins with Hailie walking in on her dad as he inhales lines of coke.

As unlikely a role model as Em is, he has decided to take on the U.S. government -- more proof, during this era of post-9/11 patriotism, that he truly follows his own course. On "White America," Em threatens to march on Capitol Hill, urinate on the White House grass and burn the star-spangled banner, and he attacks current and former vice-presidential wives Lynne Cheney and Tipper Gore. On "Square Dance," he announces, "Yeah, the man&#39;s back/With a plan to ambush this Bush administration/Mush the Senate&#39;s face in/Push this generation of kids to stand and fight/For the right to say something you might not like." Finally, in his own scattered way, in his own mind, at least, Eminem is fighting for something a little bigger than himself. The Eminem Show makes it clear that Mr. Just-Don&#39;t-Give-a-Fuck still won&#39;t leave. He can&#39;t leave rap alone. The game needs him.

Best cd ever. Eminem-"The Eminem Show"

silent VI
09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Eminems only good hit where with rukus records after that he pretty much sold out