PDA

View Full Version : What would you do- law abiding ctizens or pirates?

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
what if you had enuf money to buy whatever software you wanted legally, would you still remain a pirate?
Some people would say that of course they would:noes:...while some others may say being a pirate is cool:yup:

anyways, what are ur thoughts?

Albo Da Kid
01-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Edit: Ah if you put it that way than yes, I would still pirate. I hate the idea of paying for something when I can get it for free. Maybe I'm just used to downloading illegally for so long.

KushBlow
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM
If I had enough money to buy anything I'd still probably download sometimes because I CBA to wait for Amazon to ship the movie/app to me :lol:.

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I never meant free, i only meant that ONLY you had enuf money, so that means pirates are still there...

7th
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
There are many things I like so much that I end up buying (if I can), while others I don't like much, but if I had the money I would still buy.

I like the idea of "supporting" those works I really enjoy.
I don't know but I still think that if you like a game/app/OS or whatever and you have the money to spend on buying it, you should do it... before everybody decides to become a pirate! =/

meelad
01-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I would become a law abiding citizen for most of the cases. Sometimes, you need to download, e.g. when a DVD of a great movie comes out through the scene before the retail date.

Swift
01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I would never invest in PC software or other stuff games/movies/music I would buy something else with them .

Maybe I would buy Windows XP

LubTheStaringCat
01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
If I would have had enough In the first place I would have never downloaded anything In the first place.
and with most people I would consider It to be the same.

interwebz
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
money isnt a factor for me, i like downloading shows so i can watch them whenever i want and commercial free, also i actually prefer watching tv on a computer screen. most importantly though downloading stuff is a lot faster and easier then paying for them.

danio
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I would probably continue my pirating behaviour regardless of how much money i had. It's a matter of convenience and availability. I can have whatever i want, whenever i want in a very short time. It has nothing to do with being cool or demand to have everything i want for free. The problem is that there aren't legal alternatives for alot of stuff, like for example movies.. Maybe i would buy licenses for some software.. but movies, no. i mostly listen to music legally now though, thanks to spotify.

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
i would definitely buy everything i really used.
software developers need money to survive, this isn't the music industry, though also generates some billions.
/me loves software and games developers.

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 05:45 PM
sooo, i get that most of you use it for speed and accessibility right?, then, consider this, would you, as soon as the legal copy is available, buy it and delete ur older copy?

I really urge people to do this all over at different places, because they do lose millions bcoz of this and i personally try to do the procedure i've mentioned abve(if i can fford it that is ;))

pone44
01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I do use it to backup a scratched Cd or something as so. ;) Dvd's are expensive and scratch very easily, should be able to back it up but they all have that protection on it so they almost force some into downloading the dvd-cd-ect doing that.

Lol

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
oh...thats fine, you jus need to fill ur qouta for one purchase, i hve no probs with uhum*cough*..backuping my file ;)

noAxx
01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
For me the biggest factor is availability. Most of what I download is rare material, especially film, that hasn't had a proper release on a post-VHS format. In other cases, even if there is a release, it lacks English, and I can get it with custom made subs on certain trackers. Money doesn't really come into play them.

TakeMS
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM
i pirate allways!
it make me even keep more my riches, maybe buy game that have to be original to play online. :dabs:

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
no probs with rarity...i mean, if you can't get it legally, u hve to resort to other means...

Albo Da Kid
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
i pirate allways!
it make me even keep more my riches, maybe buy game that have to be original to play online. :dabs:

They came out with a new FirmWare for the xbox360 where you can play online without gettign banned.

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeMS
i pirate allways!
it make me even keep more my riches, maybe buy game that have to be original to play online.
They came out with a new FirmWare for the xbox360 where you can play online without gettign banned.

how do u know that he's got a 360?

Time-Traveller
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd just pay somebody to be my full time uTorrent manager :)

I'd still buy original PS3 games though as I do now

respawn40
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I would continue pirating because of the wonderful availability and convenience. Not to mention you don't need to wait for DVD's to ship to store >.<