PDA

View Full Version : hd, nzb site...?

bobtong
01-20-2009, 04:41 AM
hey~what"s up~

I"m the user of giganews and newsbin pro and nzb site "matrix", "srus","merlin"

I"m not interested in movies and utilities, but interested in blu-ray, performance HD and music.
I want you to recommend me nzd sites and also the usenet related sites would be OK

torrent? oh... no thanks

MultiForce
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm mostly using this one for HD movies but it might not be what you want(?).

http://www.nzbs.org/index.php?action=browse&catid=4

dvdspider
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
hi mate, we index 720p and 1080p movies:

720p (http://www.dvdspider.co.uk/sev20s.php)

1080p (http://www.dvdspider.co.uk/ten80s.php)

Cheers!

bobtong
01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
th.~ multiforce & dvdspider

UsenetGuy
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
http://abhdtv.net

though it's more of a forum than a site ;)

saulin
01-29-2009, 05:31 AM

Damn I can't register there. I keep getting this error.

You answered the NoSpam! question incorrectly. Please reevaluate your answer or, if you found yourself unable to answer it, you can refresh for another question if the administrator has enabled multiple questions. If you find yourself repeatedly unable to answer the NoSpam! questions, please contact the forum administration.

I tried different ways for the 6 digit image and no dice. I'm looking for a usenet forum actually. One that discusses releases so we know which HD releases are better quality and perhaps one that has a group that uploads HD content to usenet. Something live www.vcdquality.com (http://www.vcdquality.com) would be sweet. If they make their own releases even better since I have tried several scene groups and well I have seen better HD releases done by your average joe.

bobtong
01-29-2009, 06:59 AM

i can't reg....

invit need site..?

UsenetGuy
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM

i can't reg....

invit need site..?

Works fine here. Try http://www.abhdtv.net/forum/register.php

beansis
07-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Yo sorry to bring up old thread, but I was looking for a dedicated usenet hd site and found abhdtv.net
but its gonna cost $20 for a years access, tf! Is it by any chance worth the money, and if so why is it so special?

SonsOfLiberty
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I've never even heard of so must not be :lol:

For HD content you can use our index, do people not see our NZB index or what?

Or go to search engine (there are many oh many) and type:
#a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet

beansis
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason

and i've seen teh index, quite a few times actually and it has some good stuff

TheAllusionist
07-30-2009, 02:33 AM
ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason
They don't have encodes. They have full blu-ray discs. :whistling

leech
07-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Go to binaryinvasion.com to find those abhdtv posts spotted, specifically this forum http://www.binaryinvasion.com/forums/index.php?showforum=114

It may be worth $20/year if you're already using newsgroups to rip BR discs, which is a relatively expensive form of piracy. I haven't upgraded to BR yet so I'm not sure.

If you were just looking for encodes, I would have to say that joining the irc channel alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 on efnet.org is the best way to get into things. Check out http://www.gotnzb4u.me.uk/x264/requests.php and play around to get familiar with the fact that they post most of the good HD encodes to usenet.

iLOVENZB
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
I've never even heard of so must not be :lol:

For HD content you can use our index, do people not see our NZB index or what?

Or go to search engine (there are many oh many) and type:
#a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet

Or just browse the group? :whistling

http://www.nzbindex.nl/groups/alt.binaries.hdtv.x264/

SonsOfLiberty
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
#a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet

is the same :)

They are wanting BD rips, not x264 rips though.

beansis
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok thanks for the info, ill have to check some of this stuff out

imo downloading full blu-ray rips is a bit extreme tho.
firstly, my bandwidth limit would be used up within a few days, and I don't have nearly enough storage space to maintain a decent library

I think for getting full blu-ray quality, using netflix and coping the movies seems like a safer and less complex option

What I do like downloading are 720p encodes, which are only about 2-3gb and look good on a small screen
Unfortunately these are hardly available on usenet. . .

iLOVENZB
08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
What I do like downloading are 720p encodes, which are only about 2-3gb and look good on a small screen

720p are easy to find on Usenet

http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=720p+x264&age=&max=25&sort=agedesc&minsize=&maxsize=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0

Also most 720p rips are 4GB+, depends if you get them from the scene or a p2p group.

Scene=DVD5
P2P=Generally larger than 4GB

beansis
08-01-2009, 11:45 PM

http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=720p+x264&age=&max=25&sort=agedesc&minsize=&maxsize=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0

Also most 720p rips are 4GB+, depends if you get them from the scene or a p2p group.

Scene=DVD5

Well the thing is I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

and if im gonna download 4gb+ i might as well go all the way for 1080p

EyeBaller
08-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Well the thing is I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

1080p rips usually run around 7-8gb+++. I would say if you're gonna get p2p 2-3gb, go all the way for a scene 4gb rip, not *another* 4gb for a 1080p.

iLOVENZB
08-02-2009, 03:39 AM
...I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

m-HD rips? 1080p movies are MUCH larger than 720p :). There aren't many mHD rips on Usenet but Nhanc3 have posted (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=4583493) some.

1080p rips usually run around 7-8gb+++. I would say if you're gonna get p2p 2-3gb, go all the way for a scene 4gb rip, not *another* 4gb for a 1080p.

1080p P2P: At least DVD9 sizes
1080p Scene usually DVD9 sizes

It also depends on the movie type ie. Animation movies are smaller depending on the ripper/encoder.

beansis
08-02-2009, 06:03 AM

true, but from my point of view there is not really that much difference between the 2-3gb 720 movies that I get through direct download and the 4gb scene rips that are found all over usenet, other than the extra hdd space they take up
i get my encodes from a team called hd-unit3d, I recommend you check them out if you've never heard of them

with this kind of logic, I'm thinking that if I want a real improvement of the quality of movies that I download, I might as well go for a 1080p 8.5gb release, which is just as easy to obtain through usenet as a 720p 4gb

the main reason why I really like the small sized 720p encodes is because I have a 22" 1650*1050 monitor with which I view the movies, so quality increase is not really all that noticeable

I do have a 42" 1080p tv, but I dont yet have a blu-ray player, so once I get one of those and a Bluray burner, I'll look to use netfix rather than downloading full bluray rips

My 720p encodes, on the other hand, can come with me where ever I go and take up a relatively small amount of space:lol:

iLOVENZB
08-02-2009, 06:47 AM

true, but from my point of view there is not really that much difference between the 2-3gb 720 movies that I get through direct download and the 4gb scene rips that are found all over usenet, other than the extra hdd space they take up
i get my encodes from a team called hd-unit3d, I recommend you check them out if you've never heard of them

with this kind of logic, I'm thinking that if I want a real improvement of the quality of movies that I download, I might as well go for a 1080p 8.5gb release, which is just as easy to obtain through usenet as a 720p 4gb

the main reason why I really like the small sized 720p encodes is because I have a 22" 1650*1050 monitor with which I view the movies, so quality increase is not really all that noticeable

I do have a 42" 1080p tv, but I dont yet have a blu-ray player, so once I get one of those and a Bluray burner, I'll look to use netfix rather than downloading full bluray rips

My 720p encodes, on the other hand, can come with me where ever I go and take up a relatively small amount of space:lol:

You won't notice any difference between a mHD encode to a 1080p rip on a 22". You will notice a difference on your 42" TV :naughty:.

I like HD-BB but i'll look at UD-Unit3d too :yup:

EDIT: HD-Unit3d is really good, they've got 480p (:lol:) encodes!

beansis
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
[/QUOTE]You won't notice any difference between a mHD encode to a 1080p rip on a 22". You will notice a difference on your 42" TV :naughty:.[/QUOTE]

Yea but I have a desktop on a different floor so I cant really view any of my downloads on the 42",
I will be getting a 1080p 16" laptop that will have a bluray burner pretty soon tho. . .

Im thinking that if I wanna use the tv I want full bluray quality so i'll skip the downloading all together and go with the netflix copy method

[/QUOTE]I like HD-BB but i'll look at UD-Unit3d too :yup:

EDIT: HD-Unit3d is really good, they've got 480p (:lol:) encodes![/QUOTE]

I agree hd-bb is really good but I think HD-Unit3d is more consistent overall, you should see their Iron-Man and Watchmen encodes, i am talking about 720p though, I pretty much never get 480p

some other good places are x264-bb and HDmania:w00t:

my bad on the quotes

oh and there is a difference on the 22" monitor, but it isn't very significant

SonsOfLiberty
08-02-2009, 07:12 PM

Scene=DVD5

There are tons and tons of quality 720p rips here, and I mean tons, why would you want a 2GB 720p? That's degrading the movie quite a big, consider most 720p are DVD5 size and at that are really really good.

For example of a great rip (I don't have it, I'm exampling it by size) The Dark Night-ESiR, almost 8GB, so you would want the same movie at 3GB? That would totally degrade the movie quality.

I know if/and/when I get my bluray setup, I would rip my collection for the sake of backup, but I will probably do it 720p instaed of 1080p but that depends on the TV I will have setup, because I will stream them via my Xbox 360, that way I have them on demand instead of putting them in disc by disc.

beansis
08-03-2009, 01:39 AM
There are tons and tons of quality 720p rips here, and I mean tons, why would you want a 2GB 720p? That's degrading the movie quite a big, consider most 720p are DVD5 size and at that are really really good.

For example of a great rip (I don't have it, I'm exampling it by size) The Dark Night-ESiR, almost 8GB, so you would want the same movie at 3GB? That would totally degrade the movie quality.

I know if/and/when I get my bluray setup, I would rip my collection for the sake of backup, but I will probably do it 720p instaed of 1080p but that depends on the TV I will have setup, because I will stream them via my Xbox 360, that way I have them on demand instead of putting them in disc by disc.

Well they're actually more like +/-3gb, and I like that downloading them doesn't eat up a lot of bandwidth and they don't take up a lot of space

I really don't see why I should download a 720p rip that's 8gb when I can get one that's 1080 and basically the same size. Im only watching them on a 1650*1050 22" inch monitor anyways so I don't think the extra bandwith/hdd space is worth only a slight increase in quality.

Also most of the hd-unit3d encodes are not very "degraded" compared to most DVD5 720p rips. Their encode methods are pretty much astounding, and they use good sources, sometimes even PROPER rips

hotshot6473
08-03-2009, 01:49 AM
I hate to do this too you but all do these rips are even worse than scene encodes. The whole point of watching HD is to see the clarity presented in a bluray. When you make an encode you are supposed to keep the source and encode transparent. The scene do a horrible job with this because they have to cut quality because of filesize limitations. Anything that is even less quality than scene which the small 2-3GB encodes are can be considered basically standard def. If you are going to download these files I would suggest just getting the DVDR and having it upscaled.

EyeBaller
08-03-2009, 02:24 AM

I took a look. Most of these rips are re-encodes from 720p scene rips.

There's enough loss of quality when you rip from the BD to a 4gb 720p rip. There's going to be a significant reduction in quality if you then re-encode it to a lower bitrate.

You may not notice this on your 22" monitor, but I'm sure you will on the 42" screen. I'd stand by my original recommendation of grabbing scene rips at 720p. The extra 1-2gb per move isn't that relevant when HDDs are so cheap now. This way, whatever method you want to use to watch these on the bigger screen you'll have a better quality rip to watch.

beansis
08-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I took a look. Most of these rips are re-encodes from 720p scene rips.

There's enough loss of quality when you rip from the BD to a 4gb 720p rip. There's going to be a significant reduction in quality if you then re-encode it to a lower bitrate.

You may not notice this on your 22" monitor, but I'm sure you will on the 42" screen. I'd stand by my original recommendation of grabbing scene rips at 720p. The extra 1-2gb per move isn't that relevant when HDDs are so cheap now. This way, whatever method you want to use to watch these on the bigger screen you'll have a better quality rip to watch.

I agree with you for the most part, but quality, imo has many different variables. For example, some scene rips often differ based on the encoder and a 10gb rip may look worse than a 8gb rip.

Also, I never planned to view any of my downloads on the 42", I'll wait until I get a bluray player and burner and netflix to enjoy full hd
Furthermore, I will be going off to college next year where I will have a 16" 1080p laptop, so the 3-2gb rips will be pretty much perfect

@hotshot6473, ur right about the loss of quality why would I want to upscale a DVD5orDVD9 DVDR when a 2-3gb bluray rip looks just the same?

SonsOfLiberty
08-03-2009, 04:52 AM
@hotshot6473, ur right about the loss of quality why would I want to upscale a DVD5orDVD9 DVDR when a 2-3gb bluray rip looks just the same?

Because then it's considered standard def, and the DVDR would look the same, if you want 720p the larger than DVD5 would be the hi-def, and I almost for certain can say you "would" see a difference.

beansis
08-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Hmm I guess that could be but, as an example I compared a DVD5 copy of The Boondock Saints the 1.78gb encode The.Boondock.Saints.1999.m-HD.720p.x264-VALKiNTENSiVE and I would say the encode is quite a bit better

IMO opinion there are too many variables to say for certain if 720p encodes are better than DVD but I would definitely not call them standard def

Mainly I really like the encodes because they are a good compromise between size and quality.

hotshot6473
08-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I guess if you have a very small TV or monitor it really doesn't matter. If it is a bandwidth issue then I say download whatever you can so you don't go over your cap. If there is no cap on your bandwidth there really isn't a good reason not to download a decent HD release.

SonsOfLiberty
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Hmm I guess that could be but, as an example I compared a DVD5 copy of The Boondock Saints the 1.78gb encode The.Boondock.Saints.1999.m-HD.720p.x264-VALKiNTENSiVE and I would say the encode is quite a bit better

IMO opinion there are too many variables to say for certain if 720p encodes are better than DVD but I would definitely not call them standard def

Mainly I really like the encodes because they are a good compromise between size and quality.

I can't tell a difference either to be honest and I have a pimp as monitor....But I backup most of my bought dvd's in xvid format and content that way, because I stream them to the 360 and looks fine to me :lol: I do have some HD rips that I did awhile back when/before my blu ray player/reader broke, so I'm glad I backup those up, because I would not be able to watch them, but I have the Dark Knight and Transformers and I must say they look alot clearer but I also, both are hovering 8GB, and comparing them to my "used" DVD purchase's of them, I can tell a difference sometimes, depends on how hard I'm looking....but most people say Bluray is the way there meant to be watched, but they said the same thing about DVD 5-8 years ago, and same ting about HDDVD :lol: So, yes if you have the setup get the best rips you can, if not, 720p will suffice most people, both of mine are in 720p and I would figure 1080p would be a huge jump, but I've yet to compare my rips or set down to rip them (sure I will once I get my reader back)....I probably didn't make any sense, sort of high :D

beansis
08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Well I guess if you have a very small TV or monitor it really doesn't matter. If it is a bandwidth issue then I say download whatever you can so you don't go over your cap. If there is no cap on your bandwidth there really isn't a good reason not to download a decent HD release.

Well for me it actually is a bandwidth issue

@SonsOfLiberty

The one difference that I do notice is that the 720p rips that I have look better, and more clear, when put on DVD5 through ConvertXtoDVD than original DVD5 films . . . I have yet to try this with 1080p tho (on my 42", that is)

there is some difference between source and encode on my pc setup but it isn't the best so I'm just buying my time until I get a bluray player and burner so I can use my tv!:D

maybe the damm bluray blanks will be less expensive by then. . .

EyeBaller
08-04-2009, 03:56 AM
there is some difference between source and encode on my pc setup but it isn't the best so I'm just buying my time until I get a bluray player and burner so I can use my tv!:D

I still can't figure out why you want to buy bluray blanks and burn releases when there's so many cheaper/easier/more efficient ways to watch these releases on your tv!!??

Enlighten us??

beansis
08-04-2009, 04:53 AM
I still can't figure out why you want to buy bluray blanks and burn releases when there's so many cheaper/easier/more efficient ways to watch these releases on your tv!!??

Enlighten us??

Well I guess you can call me a little paranoid but I would prefer to not to download unless I have to.

If I want to use by 1080p tv, then I would want to have PROPER quality, and not encodes or rips. This means that I would have to download 25gb/film. This would immediately use up my bandwidth and raise my isp's eyebrows. Also, I would have to purchase a popcorn hour or something of the like and pay for usenet and extra hdds.

I have been using the netflix method for a while with dvds and I might as well step it up to bluray since I will be getting a laptop with a bluray rom + burner. There really is no point in watching full bluray on my pc because I have a small screen so It's not like I need to have portable high quality rips with me. Smaller sized encodes suit me just fine.

bd-r are $3.50/ disk on newegg right now, so once prices come down a little more I'll pounce!

What are all these other ways that are "cheaper/easier/more efficient"?

antrax34130
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Full BR are the best, 1080 and 720 rip are bad :(

iLOVENZB
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Full BR are the best, 1080 and 720 rip are bad :(

Hmm because we all have 45GB spare for a movie?

EyeBaller
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
What are all these other ways that are "cheaper/easier/more efficient"?

I honestly doubt you'll be able to tell that much difference between a 1080p rip and the original bluray, even on a 42" screen, unless you are sitting a few inches away from it. If you are more than 4-5 feet away it's gonna look the same. I'd even challenge you to get a 720p rip, the 1080p rip and the original BRD and from a distance see if you can really tell the difference.

So the cheaper/easier/more efficient way would really be to
1) Stream it directly from your current PC via hdmi - depending on how your place is set up this may or may not be an option - minimal cost to you, maybe need a new HDD for movie storage.
2) Stream from a new HTPC - Good enough media PCs can be bought for <$500, if you're gonna spend a lot of money on a laptop with BR burner then this shouldn't be too much.
3) Buy a popcorn hour and HDD and play that way. $215-300 with an HDD.

The best part is... you'd be using less than half the bandwidth (assuming a BR image is 25gb+, scene 1080p is DVD9 size) which is more efficient. It's cheaper in the long run since all the cost is hardware (HDDs are cheap, 1TB < $80-90 easily) not media and you can have many more movies than buying the BR burner and the blanks. It's easier and more efficient since you don't have to burn anything.

SonsOfLiberty
08-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Enlighten us??

I have to agree

Go spend a $100 and buy Popcorn hour, or WD My TV or something like that, and just hook that up to your TV with you 720p movies, very good method, of if you have a 360, just use TVersity and stream your 720p movie though that.

Of you can be like me sometimes and just plug you gfx card into your TV, I do that when I want to watch some of my old backup's and can't find my original dvds anyway (normally my buddies got them).

Your security on newsgroups is fine, unless maybe you download like 20 HD movies a day, use SSL, and then if your ISP wants to know, they will have to ask the provider, the provider will give up info, but it's not likely, there looking for people uploading these rips your are getting.

EyeBaller Sorry did not see your above post :lol:

Hell my buddies crappy laptop even has HDMI out.

beansis
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Well you guys are probably right, but it still would be nice to have my own blu-ray library with all the cases and covers:yup:

Anyways its only a matter of time until blu-ray replaces dvds

SonsOfLiberty
08-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Then it will be only a matter of time till Red-ray replaces Bluray.

beansis
08-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Then it will be only a matter of time till Red-ray replaces Bluray.

We'll be downloading 1000gb movies by then:happy:

hotshot6473
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I can't wait. The bigger the better in my opinion

But in the future compression techniques will become much better and transparent encodes will be able to be made at much lower bitrates. This will decrease the size drastically.

God knows how many VC's we will go through

beansis
08-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I can't wait. The bigger the better in my opinion

But in the future compression techniques will become much better and transparent encodes will be able to be made at much lower bitrates. This will decrease the size drastically.

God knows how many VC's we will go through

. . .guess then I'll end up still downloading 2-3gb rips

SonsOfLiberty
08-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Why when you'll get speeds of 500mb-1gb a second :lol: if not more.

beansis
08-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Why when you'll get speeds of 500mb-1gb a second :lol: if not more.

Sounds like a jolly good time :cheers:

larrezz
08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
i just registered at www.hd4you.net
They've got a lot of HD movies and series.
They also got full blu-ray disks.
So check it out !

SonsOfLiberty
08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
i just registered at www.hd4you.net
They've got a lot of HD movies and series.
They also got full blu-ray disks.
So check it out !

Yeah a whole 72 Members, beat there a whole lot :whistling Same stuff that is at all the other NZB sites.

beansis
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
well it does have a pretty nice layout . . .

SonsOfLiberty
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
More like a confusing as fuck layout.

beansis
08-10-2009, 06:40 AM

Guess I fail at sarcasm . . . oh well

I can even tell where the links to download are on that site:idunno:

iLOVENZB
08-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Guess I fail at sarcasm . . . oh well

I can even tell where the links to download are on that site:idunno:

Sarcasm again?

beansis
08-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Sarcasm again?

Fo shizzle :D

SonsOfLiberty
08-11-2009, 02:56 AM
:lol: I'm not use to the "2 pane approach on the forum" that's all :)

beansis
08-11-2009, 05:52 AM
:lol: I'm not use to the "2 pane approach on the forum" that's all :)

Yeah good point, it's just whenever I try to be sarcastic in real life ppl always think I'm serious (wtf?)

Anyways, noticed that the IPv6 servers weren't working too well when I was trying to download UFC 101. . .

SonsOfLiberty
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
A few people have noticed that, but like I said in that thread, there free, unstable, and could stop working anytime (the IPv6 ones especially).

beansis
08-12-2009, 03:28 AM
That's a shame . . . I love stacking paper:(