PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get the "not connectable" warning at SCT?

Jiggles
01-23-2009, 02:18 AM
everytime i log in i get the "not connectable" warning, its driving me nuts. how do i fix it? i went through the FAQ's and tutorials and i dont know what to do, i dont have any problems with other trackers. I went to portforward site and they dont even have the model of my router. im uploading and downloading with no problems at all, so why is SCT so bothered about it and what is the problem??

Cabalo
01-23-2009, 02:28 AM
you are being firewalled, either at the router or at the PC that you are using to download from.
you must go to the virtual server at the router and open the TCP port you are using, and forward it to your download PC, ie 192.168.1.2 for example.

Jiggles
01-23-2009, 02:31 AM
you are being firewalled, either at the router or at the PC that you are using to download from.
you must go to the virtual server at the router and open the TCP port you are using, and forward it to your download PC, ie 192.168.1.2 for example.

how do i get to the virtual server? and how do i find out my TCP port? i went to cmd and typed ipconfig/all and i cant find any numbers that start with 192.168 etc.

and whats all it about? i havent opened up utorrent, and i log into sct and it says "not connectable", im confused.

Tokeman
01-23-2009, 02:55 AM

how do i get to the virtual server? and how do i find out my TCP port? i went to cmd and typed ipconfig/all and i cant find any numbers that start with 192.168 etc.

and whats all it about? i havent opened up utorrent, and i log into sct and it says "not connectable", im confused.

lan networks can have many address schemes (10.0.0.1). Just look for the IP address, its there.

Cabalo
01-23-2009, 02:57 AM
the tcp port you are using is the one you defined at your BT client. That port must be open for the traffic to be properly forwarded.
if in your router control panel you don't have something like Virtual server, look for portforwarding or NAT.

HighRoller99
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
its an sct bug, don't worry about it. happens to me sometimes aswell

whiteboy
01-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Yah its something with Sct if its only saying that there. I am connectable but sct says that often

bgh520
01-23-2009, 03:37 AM
go to there support channel or send pm their staff

Jiggles
01-23-2009, 03:41 AM
i found out that im not using a router but a modem. so there's no need for port forwarding. ive added utorrent to the exceptions in all the firewalls, there's nothing wrong and there never was, so it must be a bug. thanks, i can stop worrying about it now.

absolute
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Same problem for me on Iplay

Di@monds
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
its just a bug, dont worry about it.

Night0wl
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
If you are connectable, I found the easy way to fix it is just download something with lots of seeders. You are bound to get at least some remote connection from it... only problem is that it usually doesn't last too long until tha message pops up again.

KushBlow
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Fine for me, it's probably your router or firewall. Or a bug, I get it sometimes but not on ScT.

Cabalo
01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
everytime i got that message on SCT, it was due to a valid reason.
and no, it's not a bug at SCT, it's client side.
just for those who think it's a bug. it's not.

Night0wl
01-23-2009, 04:47 PM
To me it seems that if you are not actively seeding or leeching something (actual transfer on remote connection), that message pops up, whether you are seeding things in your client or not.

KushBlow
01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
just for those who think it's a bug. it's not.

Well when I had the error on a tracker I PMd staff about it and they said it was THEIR fault and they fixed the problem...so I don't think it's always client side.

meelad
01-23-2009, 05:07 PM
just for those who think it's a bug. it's not.You may have got that message many time for valid reasons, but the not connectable is indeed a bug on sct. search on sct forums for not connectable and you will see that staff themselves accepted that it is a case only with sct.

Cabalo
01-23-2009, 05:20 PM
but the couple of times i had it, it was due to valid reasons on my side.
one of them after a reinstall i forgot to change the ports back to the ones defined at the router, and the other one was a azureus config that was wrong.
besides that i never had that problem in more than one year there.

Jiggles
01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
but the couple of times i had it, it was due to valid reasons on my side.
one of them after a reinstall i forgot to change the ports back to the ones defined at the router, and the other one was a azureus config that was wrong.
besides that i never had that problem in more than one year there.

I think your right, i am also listed as "not connectable" on another tracker lol, so its me. btw, i have cable internet, its connected to a modem and the ethernet is connected to my pc, so its not a router right? so how do i forward the ports??

Cabalo
01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
state here the brand/model of your modem/router.
also, are you using any windows firewall, including the built in firewall ?

Night0wl
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Go with Comodo instead of any other Windows Firewall. It actually respects the rules you make like e.g. making your client a trusted app with full in/out access.

You of course need to configure your router like Cabalo says as well.

lysine
01-24-2009, 10:51 PM
test the port you forwarded with these sites:

http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=nnnn where nnnn = port number
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

if both of them show the port as open, ignore any non-connectable messages that trackers throw at you. the tracker is wrong if those sites say the port is properly forwarded.

Jiggles
01-24-2009, 10:59 PM
test the port you forwarded with these sites:

http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=nnnn where nnnn = port number
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

if both of them show the port as open, ignore any non-connectable messages that trackers throw at you. the tracker is wrong if those sites say the port is properly forwarded.
utorrent says its good
and i get an error on the other site.

i turned off windows firewall and i still get "not connectable" on both trackers. i'll try the nod32 firewall too. and on testmyports.com it says im not connectable etc. so i definitely got a problem. what could it be if its not the firewalls? considering i dont have a router but a modem??

lysine
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
then you have nothing to worry about. it connected to you on that port. end of story.

Jiggles
01-24-2009, 11:35 PM
then you have nothing to worry about. it connected to you on that port. end of story.

i get "not connectable" on both sct and bitmetv. there has to be a problem or not, because i tried everything, im starting to think my ISP has something to do with this.

toxic
01-25-2009, 03:02 AM
I am not a member of SCT but I think it's something to do with the router. Just google it and there are a lot of ways to tweak modem.

Cabalo
01-25-2009, 07:03 AM
i will ask you again, what's the model of the modem/router.
there are routers with only one RJ45 port. I had a Thompson one just like that.
piece of garbage.

cinephilia
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I used to get the same issue even after opening the good port in my router so i finally activated uPnP and it works fine until now.