PDA

View Full Version : Buying Online Minefield

keyser_soze
09-14-2003, 01:03 AM
BTW glad to see forums up and running again if its been up for ages sorry I've been away working :( Just thought I'd share a few thoughts on online buying, after not buying anything online for 2 years I decided against my better judgement to buy some Ram, The ram I bought even though reccomended by the motherboard manufacturer and by www.crucial.com did'nt work, my pc just froze at the checking nvram stage at boot up :angry: after a lot of explaining to www.dabs.com they agreed to take it back, well I think they have anyway they said they were gonna send me returns authorisation number, well they did two week ago which was the last time I heard from them and none of my emails have been answered :angry:
Episode 2

I ordered a camcorder from www.comet.co.uk in the same weekend as the ram then went away to work for ten days,when I got home still no camcorder but I did get a phone call from a women in Nottingham who says that she was sent my agreement to sign by mistake which happens to have my name address and bank details on it :angry: :angry: :angry: so now even though the womens been honest and let me know I still need to sort things out to save the paranoia of knowing that some total stranger has enough details to go on a shopping spree with my money..
Just thought I'd share my rage with ya, there's a lesson for us all here and every dat's a schoolday.

pol
09-14-2003, 01:07 AM
welcome back :D

sorry but that was too long for a saturday night :huh:

here have a beer before you bounce over to hardwareworld

http://www.oldchinahand.com.hk/beer_drinker_animation.gif

J'Pol
09-14-2003, 01:09 AM
What pol said

keyser_soze
09-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Just thought I'd get it off my chest :D