PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Medical Tracker?

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Specialized Medical Tracker?

What do you think about this idea?

A tracker that is concerned with medical contents only e.g. book, applications, questions banks and videos

This will be of great help to physician, dentist, veterinarian, and pharmacist

With a very active specialized forums & professional medical community, with case discussions & presentation & medical information exchange between members

It can include the following categories (the following are for physician as I do not know well about the other specialties so please people with other specialties participate and give idea):

Anatomy
Embryology
Physiology
Biochemistry
Histology
Pharmacology
Parasitological
Microbiology
Immunology
Pathology
Ophthalmology
Otolaryngology
Forensic medicine
Community medicine
Medicine & its specialties
Surgery & its specialties
Pediatrics
Obstetrics & gynecology

You may say that medical contents are present in many E-learning trackers but actually these trackers contain few medical contents, also I think exclusive medical tracker with medical forums will be very helpful to these medical specialty people

any other ideas?

Col. Skillz
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
sounds good to me, get choppin':lol:

besides, there are probably trackers out there for EVERYTHING. sad, but most likely, there are private communities for pedophiles to share their kiddie pron, so a tracker about medical stuffs can definitely succeed if it reaches the right people.

Just need some dedicated people

Villalltheway
01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
The only concern id have for it, i do not if u be able to get enough numbers to make it worth while. But it does sound helpful if u was in the medical field.

LubTheStaringCat
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Try this http://avaxhome.ws/
look In the eBooks or Magazines sections.
There's a lot of Medical eBooks there.

Time-Traveller
01-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Do you think you would have enough content to retain interest in your userbase ? Perhaps.

Why not expand on your idea and build a scientific tracker, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology

bgh520
01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Try this http://avaxhome.ws/
look In the eBooks or Magazines sections.
There's a lot of Medical eBooks there.

thanks mate !

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Just need some dedicated people
this is the main problem , there are very few medical personnel who are interested in torrent field & file sharing world

@Villalltheway ,forcus ,bgh520: thanks to every one for replay

Why not expand on your idea and build a scientific tracker, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology
this is an excellent idea but need more & more work + more staff members with different scientific interests to build a strong tracker which is difficult because most people who use file sharing are using it for games , movies mainly & not for the scientific value

Col. Skillz
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
what exactly is this place? its relevant to my interests but how i dl the books?

avax that is

bangang
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
what exactly is this place? its relevant to my interests but how i dl the books?

avax that isCreate an account. Then you can see the details of posts and download links (rapidshare etc.).

Col. Skillz
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
ah thats cool, i assume over half the links are broken then?

i personally hate rapidshare

1000possibleclaws
01-24-2009, 04:20 PM

I really would not trust someone with that status if they felt they needed to pirate their learning materials.

Cabalo
01-24-2009, 05:38 PM

I really would not trust someone with that status if they felt they needed to pirate their learning materials.
touché .
@ OP: good luck, go and make that your tracker. good luck for finding staff, money etc.
we will be awaiting for a new tracker in the scene, with a interview for members before they join.

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
why ??? ,Knowledge Must Be Free ,not that they are medical personnel that they are not allowed to torrent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touché .
@ OP: good luck, go and make that your tracker. good luck for finding staff, money etc.
we will be awaiting for a new tracker in the scene, with a interview for members before they join.
this may occur soon than you expect

Cabalo
01-24-2009, 08:40 PM
i'll be comfortably sitting while waiting.

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
OK ,& good luck for you when searching for an invite

Albo Da Kid
01-24-2009, 08:51 PM
why ??? ,Knowledge Must Be Free ,not that they are medical personnel that they are not allowed to torrent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was being sarcastic. Basically he was saying "I can't rely on someone who got his degree by learning non-official torrent e-books.

Cabalo
01-24-2009, 08:58 PM
:huh: who said i care about medicine stuff?
lulz, thank you for the nice lulz.
you are the best, few users make me laugh like you do!
keep up :thumbsup:

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 09:02 PM
why ??? ,Knowledge Must Be Free ,not that they are medical personnel that they are not allowed to torrent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was being sarcastic. Basically he was saying "I can't rely on someone who got his degree by learning non-official torrent e-books.

If he mean this ,so what is the value of all e-learning trackers out there like bitme ? , & why we use these e-learning trackers ? , actually if he mean this then all e-learning tracker are non useful for study ,so what is the aim of people of joining e-learning trackers ??? , may be trade !!!!!! , may be collection !!!!!! ,& information can be collected from any source if the purpose is learning & books do not change books in non torrent source = books in torrent source i.e , books are not corrupted by torrent ,& when you treat a patient it is a matter of skill & honesty ,& not related to the sourse of your study

:huh: who said i care about medicine stuff?
lulz, thank you for the nice lulz.
you are the best, few users make me laugh like you do!
keep up :thumbsup:
you are also funny , you do a major ,& funny contribution to this thread :lol::lol::lol:

mark_over_mars
01-24-2009, 09:13 PM

A tracker that is concerned with medical contents only e.g. book, applications, questions banks and videos

With a very active specialized forums & professional medical community, with case discussions & presentation & medical information exchange between members

It can include the following categories (the following are for physician as I do not know well about the other specialties so please people with other specialties participate and give idea):

Anatomy
Embryology
Physiology
Biochemistry
Histology
Pharmacology
Parasitological
Microbiology
Immunology
Pathology
Ophthalmology
Otolaryngology
Forensic medicine
Community medicine
Pediatrics
Obstetrics & gynecology

You may say that medical contents are present in many E-learning trackers but actually these trackers contain few medical contents, also I think exclusive medical tracker with medical forums will be very helpful to these medical specialty people

any other ideas?

Then stay at home and ,, treat patients ,, in my point of view ,, major medical skills are obtained from clinical sense ,, and that only can be obtained 40% reading ,,60% clinical practice ,, But if it will be a tracker ,, great fun ,,,,, accept me as a mod .... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 09:24 PM
major medical skills are obtained from clinical sense ,, and that only can be obtained 40% reading ,,60% clinical practice
this is totally true

But if it will be a tracker ,, great fun ,,,,, accept me as a mod .... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
you may be accepted or not :whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling

Red pirate
01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
for sure the idea is good :) :)
but i think it is a dream :naughty::naughty:
to be honest i think medical forums will be more usefull
sharing new books , talk about, new cases, researchs
although all that may be for some people is not enough
PRACTICE IS THE RULE :yup:

Ahmed047
01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
but i think it is a dream :naughty::naughty:
the idea is difficult but not impossible

to be honest i think medical forums will be more usefull sharing new books , talk about, new cases, researchs
the medical tracker can do all of this + sharing by bit torrent which is excellent idea

PRACTICE IS THE RULE :yup:
Sure

jbloggs
01-25-2009, 03:48 AM
So it may not be long before we see "VTC Do it yourself Kidney Transplant for beginners". We could even see Doctors only willing to treat conditions if they are given invite to FTN ;)

Personally I don't see Doctors being seeders so they will most likely Hit'n'Run.

toxic
01-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Some people from bitme started a tracker called emedicina.net about a couple of years ago, but it went down only after one month. I don't know why, but may be user base may play the role. Anyway, it's good to hear about idea of another medical tracker again.

Ahmed047
01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
We could even see Doctors only willing to treat conditions if they are given invite to FTN ;)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personally I don't see Doctors being seeders so they will most likely Hit'n'Run.
this may be due to the fact that doctors have no time they are always busy , but seed box can solve this problem

Some people from bitme started a tracker called emedicina.net about a couple of years ago, but it went down only after one month. I don't know why
this is sad news ,so the idea is old

but may be user base may play the role
this is the main problem very small user base ,it may be one of the smallest communities ever,& from most posts till now ,I think there is no doctors in FST :whistling:whistling:whistling

opht
10-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Anatomy
Embryology
Physiology
Biochemistry
Histology
Pharmacology
Parasitological
Microbiology
Immunology
Pathology
Ophthalmology
Otolaryngology
Forensic medicine
Community medicine
Pediatrics
Obstetrics & gynecology

any other ideas?

I would be interested in participating in getting this site going. I personally believe that this would be an extraordinary service to all who are in the medical field, particularly when taking into consideration the cost of books and study materials and how hindering this can be as a student. If you need help please let me know.

Duckater
10-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I liked the idea of having more scientific stuff on it as well.
If you did text books on it for students in these fields and did them related to courses this may bring in a good user base of students who I am sure will appreciate it :)
People have mocked the fact doctors etc might not use it too much but I would think if a good section sorted for students it may be found you will get a larger member base :)

pone44
10-02-2009, 11:45 PM
A elearning site that has college textbooks and took requests if a student could not afford or find a certain book for class. That would be nice. ;)

Duckater
10-02-2009, 11:56 PM
A elearning site that has college textbooks and took requests if a student could not afford or find a certain book for class. That would be nice. ;)

Totally agree and would sure be a good addition to the current trackers about :)

BrianH
10-03-2009, 12:37 AM
nobody would trust some1 named ahmed from egypt as their doctor

Duckater
10-03-2009, 12:54 AM

About as much as they would trust some one with their ass as their avatar I guess

BrianH
10-03-2009, 01:00 AM
ok im no doctor and never will be i dont take shitty salaries
i am all business

Cabalo
10-03-2009, 04:48 AM
:lol: ok, this one was funny :happy:

There was one already, textbooktorrents or something like that. I even think it still exists.

Ahmed047
10-03-2009, 05:46 AM
I would be interested in participating in getting this site going. I personally believe that this would be an extraordinary service to all who are in the medical field, particularly when taking into consideration the cost of books and study materials and how hindering this can be as a student. If you need help please let me know.
well ,books cost is another issue but the idea is more related to a good community with active experience exchange between members .

If you did text books on it for students in these fields and did them related to courses this may bring in a good user base of students who I am sure will appreciate it :)
People have mocked the fact doctors etc might not use it too much but I would think if a good section sorted for students it may be found you will get a larger member base :)
sure this tracker will be important to medical students to be a good doctors,the idea can even be extended to make an academic scientific site in all fields not medicine only

the original idea is greater than this vision it is to make a scientific medical community ,not only with a good files & good request section but also with a good forums

at least I can treat your hemorrhoids for free :naughty: .

:lol: ok, this one was funny :happy:
any one with hemorrhoids can say any thing but remember the golden rule ,patient has the excuse .

filenetworks
10-03-2009, 06:33 AM
http://medbit.ru

It's a Russian specialized medical tracker. The site has been around for a while (since 2007) but there are only 65 torrents - including majority Russian language ebooks. Last torrent uploaded on 19/7/09 so it's not the most active place.

sez
10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
well ,books cost is another issue but the idea is more related to a good community with active experience exchange between members .

sure this tracker will be important to medical students to be a good doctors,the idea can even be extended to make an academic scientific site in all fields not medicine only

the original idea is greater than this vision it is to make a scientific medical community ,not only with a good files & good request section but also with a good forums

there is already studentdoctor for everything community/forumish...though am thinking you are a quack,unless of course you can diagnose this one for me :P
http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=87155&page=1
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

edit-akmed probably knows this but there's plenty of doc ebooks at
http://www.egymedicine.net/forumsx/index.php

Ahmed047
10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
http://medbit.ru
It's a Russian specialized medical tracker. The site has been around for a while (since 2007) but there are only 65 torrents - including majority Russian language ebooks. Last torrent uploaded on 19/7/09 so it's not the most active place.

it is Russian only ,no way to change language ,but thanks for reply :)

there is already studentdoctor for everything community/forumish...though am thinking you are a quack,unless of course you can diagnose this one for me :P
http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=87155&page=1
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the piles patients are now increased by this one ,but my heart is very big so I can also offer you free treatment & when your problem solved you will know my medical skills :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cabalo
10-03-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry, but you'll have to speak english.
I can't understand that dialect you're speaking-

PS: and please, please, use more smiles, those 20 per post are not enough to express your feelings.

Ahmed047
10-03-2009, 04:16 PM

PS: and please, please, use more smiles, those 20 per post are not enough to express your feelings.
:lol: Hi Cabalo ,you are funny as always like a cool clown ,& your posts really enrich FST ,keep on you are good .

S3v3N
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM

:lol: Hi Cabalo ,you are funny as always like a cool clown ,& your posts really enrich FST ,keep on you are good .

I don't think he was being funny but i am sure he called you an ignorant mong :dabs:.

Ahmed047
10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't think he was being funny but i am sure he called you an ignorant mong :dabs:.

when the clown talk bad about you ,will you care ? ,just look at him so pathetic ,he is in this state of insulting people since been banned from some trackers .

Cabalo
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
not only from some trackers, i'm globally banned :yup:
therefore, what other hazards could i expect from such a user like you? the only person i've seen insulting people here has the nickname ahmed047. That's right, it's you, the trading pirate cardiologist.

Now, stfu and go study. Make yourself useful to the society.

kisses :wave:

sez
10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
therefore, what other hazards could i expect from such a user like you? the only person i've seen insulting people here has the nickname ahmed047. That's right, it's you, the trading pirate cardiologist.

i honestly think cardiologist means something different in egypt,like maybe guys who make greeting cards and stuff :whistling:

Ahmed047
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM

:lol:,you are so funny ,I am enjoying this conversation ,& if you need some recommendations to remove the global ban may I help you :P .

i honestly think cardiologist means something different in egypt,like maybe guys who make greeting cards and stuff :whistling:
:lol: ,then you know nothing about Egypt ,but I am still offering you the free management from history to TTT :lol:

BrianH
10-03-2009, 09:19 PM

lolololololol