PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on SCC's Music section

Sanka113
01-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I was just browsing SCC's music section and I just noticed that they've amassed nearly 10k torrents. 10k torrents isn't too shabby for actual music trackers so having that many torrents is quite an achievment. Especially, If you take into consideration that it's all scene stuff and that they don't even have users contributing to the collection.

This got me thinking that SCC probably could put together a fairly descent standalone music tracker based on what they're doing now in combination with user content. They could still have FL on all the scene releases, which would make it a music tracker that would be easy to keep ratio on. Also, they could keep the current scc music section up to date to keep the snatch count high.

Now, I'm probably just grasping at the straws and a SCC dedicated music tracker probably won't come into fruition, it would be nice if they organised the section. With the current system they just have a ton of albums floating around with not much to seperate them. I wouldn't doubt that they'll at the least allow you to search by genre in the near future.

Anyways, what are your guys/girls thoughts on SCC's music section? How do you compare it to the non what/waffles trackers? Would you like to see SCC try their hand at making a dedicated music tracker or at least add some features to the MP3 section in its current state?

1000possibleclaws
01-24-2009, 04:17 PM
If they break the tracker into 2 separate trackers users wouldn't be able to use the buffer they get from seedbox'ing fl music albums for 0day material. It would completely change the setup, and why do you think it would work better that way? I like the fast fl music, and other user's like the buffer they get from seeding them. Everyone wins. If you take that away there's no incentive to keep the music freeleech, because alot of those seedbox users would stop rss'ing the torrents.

FLEA
01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
seems like today music section dead :D anyways they doing great job, fast pre and freeleech, im lovin it :D

slimdogp
01-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I love SCC, and I use it all the time. But tbh, I don't think I've ever downloaded an album older than 24hours. I love the fact that (when they're auto uploader is working) they get all the new scene releases. To me this is the best thing on the site. But for old stuff, or a dedicated music tracker? No way... stick to what you're good at. All things 0day. I have what/waffles/pedros/stm/softmp3 for that stuff.

Sanka113
01-24-2009, 04:31 PM
T.S.O.L., In my first post I included that they could somehow share content of the MP3 section on SCC in addition to their conjectured music tracker.

LJ.
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
seems like today music section dead :D anyways they doing great job, fast pre and freeleech, im lovin it :D

nah not just the musics and 0day, everything else too dunno what happend .

yayyyyyy
01-24-2009, 09:15 PM
mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours :D

nobody cares about what is being uploaded in there LOL

NippleCake
01-24-2009, 09:19 PM
mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours :D

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

I thought not :pinch:

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent

piratebot
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM
it's interesting that every torrent gets a grab. even those numerous VA stuff...... probably most of those peers in the mp3 section are just trying to buffer their accounts.

1000possibleclaws
01-24-2009, 09:58 PM

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent

When they were having the small debate on whether to pack them in big packs alot of people wanted that so it would be easier to buffer.
Even some staff do that, and were commenting on how much more upload they got from the music packs. Way to speak before giving anyone a chance to reply :dry:

Sanka113
01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Hmm, so some people think that the current mp3 section is nothing more than a way to boost ratio there. Maybe, if they made it where you can't RSS just that section, added some advanced search features, maybe that perception would change.

piratebot
01-25-2009, 12:36 AM
well there's a guide in the forum to tell how to do it iirc

Di@monds
01-25-2009, 12:45 AM
there is only few sb on mp3 section and the rest is scenemusic lover.
Anyway mp3 section is one of the best and unique in torrentworld, just like when ftn went to no ratio system :)

thefstguy
01-25-2009, 03:25 AM
i heard they are going to organise the mp3 section in the SCC v2 which is going to come out

bgh520
01-25-2009, 04:48 AM
i really love scc's music/0day section :)

horiZen
01-25-2009, 06:03 AM
there is only few sb on mp3 section and the rest is scenemusic lover.
Anyway mp3 section is one of the best and unique in torrentworld, just like when ftn went to no ratio system :)

very well put, i also think it is unique in the torrent world context but overall SCC is a great scene tracker. There's so many seedboxes on the majority of releases that you can max whatever pipe you running to the limit :yup:
consistent with blazingly fast releases in most of the genres certainly make it one of my favourite 0day BT site

yayyyyyy
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM

lol, i used that section myself to buffer like 50gb/day :D

it's always nice overseeding files while competing with n00bs with utorrent+rss LOL

irc + rtorrent ftw :P

I think that the only ppl that download from there just because they are interested into the file itself does that downloading 24hours after the release... and not immediatly is it popped out ;)

check how many ppl grab it within the first 10minutes... and how many grab it after an hour....
100% of the peers are "download bots" :P
there's no sane person that would keep hitting "refresh" while waiting a new album that MIGHT come out :)

something might change if they added at least a genre classification... (like GFT and ScT already do ;) )

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
TSOL, I remember a guy on SCC with a roach avatar suggesting that on one of their big packs and he got seriously flamed on the page.

But I guess in the end he got what he wanted eh?

Something Else
01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
There's a few reggae scene groups who's releases make it to the SCC MP3 section. I can't find em anywhere else. That's what I use it for. Never get any ratio on them tho'. Then again, I actually get the stuff I want because I want it. :mellow:

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Are you sure a scene V2 release can only be found on SCC?

Maybe somewhere like SoftMP3 or such?

Tell me a recent example of a release you were able to find, I'll see if it's a fact.

NippleCake
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
there is no point trying to build a buffer on the mp3's seeing as they have a fatty archive section which has packs so you can actually upload a decent amount (rather than maybe a gigabyte of an album) plus with so much of it being freeleech, there isnt much use for a buffer on scc. and like benchez says as well, scc gets a lot of music that other sites simply do not get.

Something Else
01-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Are you sure a scene V2 release can only be found on SCC?

Maybe somewhere like SoftMP3 or such?

Tell me a recent example of a release you were able to find, I'll see if it's a fact.

I mostly get the new dancehall riddim albums. I think one of the groups that release them is called SPLiFF or something else. :01:

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Indeed, they don't really filter out the VA albums and try to make their new scene releases as complete as possible.

VA-DJ Rondon Presents-Dancehall Reggae 53-(Bootleg)-2009-YVP
VA-Supersonic - Done with the War - Dancehall Vol. 23-Bootleg-2008-hbZ

I couldn't find the following releases on other 0day trackers and is only on SCC.

1000possibleclaws
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
TSOL, I remember a guy on SCC with a roach avatar suggesting that on one of their big packs and he got seriously flamed on the page.

Haha I remember that too, that's what I was referring to earlier :P Well I'm personally glad that the uploaders were too lazy to make packs cause I like individual uploads more.

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM

Haha I remember that too, that's what I was referring to earlier :P Well I'm personally glad that the uploaders were too lazy to make packs cause I like individual uploads more.

Well, what NippleCake has said was extremely right TBH.
There isn't much to get a buffer to on MP3s when there are archives, I think the few currently RSS'ing the MP3s would be mostly staffs of SCC or such.

So they finally did individual releases because they were too lazy to make the custom packs? :dry:

I thought they were kind enough to actually listen to what their members have to say, now my conclusion would be that most elite 0day trackers would never take what their normal members suggestion into consideration.

piratebot
01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
they're also doing individual torrents for tv/dvdrip episodes in the archive section as well. i have no idea why.

if i cared enough to post a suggestion on scc's forums it would to make all VA stuff in packs and leave the rest separate.

whiteboy
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent Well to me it looks pretty obvious. Every mp3 release has around 50 snatches. So sure some people grab them but in seems like there is at least the same 40 people rssing the whole section.