PDA

View Full Version : Do F*N users trade their invites?

ovisan
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I will start by saying that I was trying to get a F*N invite for months and now i ve stop trying. Why? Because I ve got into lots of trackers and I ve realised that 90% are all the same. Same content, same speeds, almost the same packs, sometimes the same comunity.

I ve heard grate things about F*N, people say that is the most you can ask for a tracker: great pretimes, excelent dld speeds,no ratio, nice comunity. I Think that F*N is the last thing someone can ask from the trackers world. You can not go any further... So why do people still want to trade their invites? First thing that comes into my mind is that fst users that offer F*N invites in the trade forum are scammers because i ve heard that the no. of F*N invites still not given on the tracker is very low (~20). Maby I should put teh question in a different way: Do F*N users trade their invites? And if your answer is "yes" please give me a good reason, cause I cannot find one atm.

I would love to listen to other opinions about this because for me is very hard to beleave that F*N users will ever risk their account by trading just to get into another tracker whom content can be found on most of the other trackers in the same domain.

Cheers

alcoholik
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
i don't think they trade their invite actually...

Swift
01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
eventually you'll get caught

ajsi
01-25-2009, 05:08 PM
well, most of the users would never ever think of that, but, there are always rotten apples. "trade ftn account" would be most definitelly a scam. but it is possible that someone would trade his ftn invite, although i don't know anyone capable of doing it.
anyway, i understood that you want to know if there are users who trade their invites, buit what's your point, what do you wanna know? you wanna find a trader? you wanna hear that nobody on ftn trades invites?

dragoi92
01-25-2009, 05:17 PM
No one trade invite
they want to invite their friend.
I dont know a FTN member or other member from other good tracker to trade their invite

sefo
01-25-2009, 05:19 PM
As you said "I ve heard grate things about F*N, people say that is the most you can ask for a tracker: great pretimes, excelent dld speeds,no ratio, nice comunity I Think that F*N is the last thing someone can ask from the trackers world" trading invites are forbidden in all trackers, so why would any one would risk his account?!

ovisan
01-25-2009, 05:21 PM
what do you wanna know? you wanna find a trader? you wanna hear that nobody on ftn trades invites?

I dont care if they trade their invites mate. I just want to know if they are doing it and the reason why they are doing it... I am not on F*N and I am pretty sure that I will never be.
I think your answer with the "rotten apples" makes sense, but I am still waiting for more answers...

benficao
01-25-2009, 05:27 PM
i still cant understand what youre saying... you seam to whant something, but youre trying to say it whitouth being noticed...

you some trader to see this and contact you?

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think anyone will be risking that much for such a beloved tracker, I went to a home of a friend of mine who is a veteran in the torrenting scene and unsurprisingly in FTN too.

I tried a new torrent from FTN on his seedbox and it maxed out his 100mbit seedbox when he was the only leech during that time on the torrent itself.

Well, if you deserve it I'm sure someone whom you know will invite you after a long time.

I don't think I'll get in but I've been rather active on most of the trackers I'm on (both forum and tracker wise).

Specifically What, PTN and Blackcats of course.

mrnobody
01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
'best' tracker differs from user to user. It could be pubs like TPB and demonoid, P2L, or small and 'safe' trackers like FTN. Some traders are willing to trade everything they have for FTN, some are willing to trade FTN account/invites for to move on up in lvl pyramids, and there are some traders who are in top of lvl pyramids are willing to trade for FTN.

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, other than E all the other rarity levels of 8-10 are actually 0day/general trackers so I don't see any point getting in if no member of theirs wants to help you in getting in.

If you are willing to trade it would mean that you don't really care for the community at all so there would be no point in getting in as what content they could offer would be totally the same as other sites which are much easier to get into.

As far as I can recall, FTN invites are only given to those who've donated and is active in the community inside.

So traders who've got FTN invites are actually pretty rare if you see it from this point.

Let's just hope no traders get hold of the invites and once again abuse it.

Di@monds
01-25-2009, 07:19 PM
There is no such things call non trader trackers..traders exist and always will be

Albo Da Kid
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm sure a lot of them trade their accounts/invites. Just yesterday i was talking to a trader in msn and he was telling me how he just traded his Bh account for ftn invite. Ftn gave out a lot of invites this week, and i wouldn't be surprised if half of them were used for trading purposes.

ghurka
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Ftn gave out a lot of invites this week, and i wouldn't be surprised if half of them were used for trading purposes.Before anyone reads this and thinks "lets start up a request thread for one" a lottery is held for everyone who donated that month so only certain members get invites. Realistically, no-one who donates to get an invite is going to simply give it away to a stranger....and if any FTN member decides to trade it then effectively they are paying for the account they are trading for. Can't see too many doing that.

Villalltheway
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Like someone else said just because u think ftn is the best, dont mean everyone thinks this way, u talk about 'how could anyone trade a ftn invite', but how would u know how great it is etc if u never even been a member of ftn. Also there are also other so called more elite trackers that these traders may want. These traders porbably never stop till they get to the 'so called top'.

Cabalo
01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I will start by saying that I was trying to get a F*N invite for months and now i ve stop trying. Why? Because I ve got into lots of trackers and I ve realised that 90% are all the same. Same content, same speeds, almost the same packs, sometimes the same comunity.

I ve heard grate things about F*N, people say that is the most you can ask for a tracker: great pretimes, excelent dld speeds,no ratio, nice comunity. I Think that F*N is the last thing someone can ask from the trackers world. You can not go any further... So why do people still want to trade their invites? First thing that comes into my mind is that fst users that offer F*N invites in the trade forum are scammers because i ve heard that the no. of F*N invites still not given on the tracker is very low (~20). Maby I should put teh question in a different way: Do F*N users trade their invites? And if your answer is "yes" please give me a good reason, cause I cannot find one atm.

I would love to listen to other opinions about this because for me is very hard to beleave that F*N users will ever risk their account by trading just to get into another tracker whom content can be found on most of the other trackers in the same domain.

Cheers
i won't make comments on FTN trades, but i have to disagree with you on being the top of the line in tracker's world, whether you separate it by contents (gosh, most of the other 0-day trackers have a lot more content), speeds (well, you know the kings), pre-times (well again, you know who rules those), community (there are some other very well structured communities out there, that for what i have seen, it's not FTN with uploaders capping their speed that will beat them).

FTN might be a nice place, but in fact it makes me shake my head when i see all that hunting for the place.
and if we check carefully, in most cases it comes from people of countries with not so good connections. It says a lot on the impact it will have on the speeds there, as those users want it to download for free and not upload, or even cap it so that they can actually upload to other sites.

this is my truth, tell me yours.

bonmar
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
FTN goes only to trusted friends.

brightsid
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
If someone wants to trade then he probably trades FTN, or anyother tracker.
If someone doesn't respect level 1 tracker rules then I'm sure he won't respect anyother tracker.

wiseD
01-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Their (nearly) new invite system also enables them to keep track of invites to a certain extent, therefore making it much more dangerous for those with invites to trade them without being noticed almost immediately.

ovisan
01-25-2009, 09:04 PM
@Cabalo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/cabalo-158277) nice post. I was hunting for F*N when their pack were pure gold mate. Some people say that F*N its the best place to be for torrenting, others that they dont even bother to download cause there are no leechers to share with... I dont know, I dont care. All I was trying to point out is that if you are a trader and if you got to F*N you must keep a low profile and stop the bad habbbits not just continue to trade accounts/invites with no final purpose.

brightsid
01-25-2009, 09:15 PM
There isn't a tracker you can call it THE BEST for everyone
It's personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions :lol:

psychoactive
01-25-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.realpoor.com/FTN_invites_accounts______READ_before_making_a_post_t176869.html and this is coming from a guy who has FTN

Albo Da Kid
01-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Before anyone reads this and thinks "lets start up a request thread for one" a lottery is held for everyone who donated that month so only certain members get invites. Realistically, no-one who donates to get an invite is going to simply give it away to a stranger....and if any FTN member decides to trade it then effectively they are paying for the account they are trading for. Can't see too many doing that.

Do you know how many invite sellers and traders donate to sites every month??
I used to know this invite seller in a private forum, who had a donation status in every tracker. This guy would donate everywhere, get invites, sell them and use a little of the earned money to donate again. If some of you didn't already know, invite selling has become a business in the torrent world.
Matter fact the whole kin concept of "p2p free sharing" has become a business if you dig deep down and look at it in a realistic point of view.
Not all donors donate because they care for the site.:noes:

gtf0
01-25-2009, 10:29 PM
if we had some invites, maybe we would trade them :shifty:

j/k

its simple though ... rare are people who would risk their account by trading an invite here ... for example, i had 2 invites so far, and i gave them to 2 trusted e-friends...

cheers

Funkin'
01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Ovisan seems to have put FTN up on some extremely high imaginary pedestal.

Anyways, I think you would be surprised by the amount of people that trade FTN invites. There are douchebags in every tracker, including FTN.

viru5
01-25-2009, 10:58 PM
If they have ftn they are good users.

what they want to trade?

Cabalo
01-25-2009, 11:38 PM

what they want to trade?
:lol::lol::lol: you have no idea of what you are talking about, do you?

iam1337
01-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Look...coming from someone who has FTN.

FTN, a year ago, invites weren't that rare as it was request based. Now they are pretty damn rare and not many invites will end up in the hands of someone who will trade it.

As for quality, no it is not better than ScT. Pre times are good, but speeds aren't as good as ScT. If you do have a slow connection, then you will enjoy the ratio free feature of the site. The community is good too, around the same quality as ScT. I do enjoy downloading the HD releases without worrying about the ratio so I guess that is a good thing.

It is not the best torrent site out there though. It has a low userbase which isn't the best for speeds and archive, but it does provide fast pre times. Many of the people just want the site because of its rarity. The BS about the other reasons is just BS.

BTW, I would say 20-30% of the people in FTN got their invite by illegal means. Don't fool yourself into thinking that FTN users are chivalrous. its just that the FTN staff has limited invites and only within the last week, have started them back up again into limited users.

It wasn't hard getting a ftn invite last year. This forum used to be really good a year ago as well, things die I guess :P

Di@monds
01-26-2009, 07:22 AM

what they want to trade?

hahahhaah lmao

ghurka
01-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Before anyone reads this and thinks "lets start up a request thread for one" a lottery is held for everyone who donated that month so only certain members get invites. Realistically, no-one who donates to get an invite is going to simply give it away to a stranger....and if any FTN member decides to trade it then effectively they are paying for the account they are trading for. Can't see too many doing that.
Do you know how many invite sellers and traders donate to sites every month??
I used to know this invite seller in a private forum, who had a donation status in every tracker. This guy would donate everywhere, get invites, sell them and use a little of the earned money to donate again. If some of you didn't already know, invite selling has become a business in the torrent world.
Matter fact the whole kin concept of "p2p free sharing" has become a business if you dig deep down and look at it in a realistic point of view.
Not all donors donate because they care for the site.:noes:But that's different and it wouldn't surprise me if there are invite sellers out there doing it this way but why would traders want to buy invites simply to trade to get into another site....unless of course this is simply a game to them.

Sanka113
01-26-2009, 09:39 AM
It's just like any other tracker in that there's always a couple of bad seeds amongst them.

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't think FTN users trade their invites. At least if they care for their account there, they don't.

Zuljan
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I know some ppl that are into trading and been talking some with them and ALL of them have FTN and guess how they've got it? Trading of course. An FTN account/Invite aint that much worth if someone offer you 2-5 trackers with content that FTN don't have. Say that you are into Trance then a TT would be worth alot or if you're nordic and are into movies but are to retared to understand english then SweDVDr is something for you. I could go on some more but I think you get my point ;)

KushBlow
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Just look in the trading section. You won't find a [HAVE] FTN NEED LVL 12!! very often. Looks like they're doing a damn good job.

Unlike ScL :lol:

Albo Da Kid
02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Ftn is the best. Ovisan deserves an invite.

colbert
02-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Of course some people trade invites, but I imagine the average FTN user knows better than that, but who knows really?

Nemrod
02-10-2009, 01:13 AM
The community is good too, around the same quality as ScT.

:blink: I beg your pardon... you are making a lame comparison, ScT forum is a market for all kind of phobias and prejudices... racism, religious and hate of all kind are not rare. Even some staffers show without any shame their hate and prejudices in public.
Although I must admit that there is an attempt to change that, but still they are light years from FTN as a civilized, respected and respectable community.
I can admit ScT speeds and pre-times are awesome, thatīs all, donīt compare the community thing, please.

primevil
02-10-2009, 03:03 AM
How does it compare to GFT? Speed pretime content wise.

Vitality
02-10-2009, 03:08 AM
How does it compare to GFT? Speed pretime content wise.

pretty much same

ben99
02-10-2009, 04:00 AM
gft has more content, especially xxx picture rips, community wise ftn is years ahead though.

pharaoh
02-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Trading an account is never right. Trading invites is a touchy subject. But I've actually seen FTN invites for sale around 100 us dollars? I think they have a veteran there that's been doing this for quite sometime. As of now there asking if you've paid for an invite on the site. To make a long story short your damned if you do or if you don't. I would advise to have patience FTN is well worth the wait.

deuce6000
02-10-2009, 04:53 AM
If they do they are very stupid.It's one of the best sites out there why risk losing your account by trading.

Cabalo
02-10-2009, 05:31 AM
If they do they are very stupid.It's one of the best sites out there why risk losing your account by trading.
nice kitten deuce ;)
i had one exactly like that. tiger coloured :)

ovisan
02-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Now I really have to answer Albo's attacks. Can please mods here post part of my IP and part of my email address (i wont mind) and Albo please ask mods there to post his IP and his email address. If are the same I promise I will close this account, and I wont step a foot in this place never again. But if there are not, can I bend Albo and kick him in the bollocks as hard as I can?
I ve told you long time ago I ve got many accounts hacked. Probably that was one of them and I ve never bovered to recover the password there. How can I be a trader or a scammer? I ve got trackers I ve never dreamed of, which I love, sign in every day, have friends there and use the irc channel. Why would I want electROnic and cZone? I haven't signed in cZone for ages and my elektROnik account account is fine and dendy

Plus, I dont want to join F*N, I was after it a while ago, but now I am in many great places and don't want it anymore. This thread was to simply make me understand why to ppl want to trade it.

I have to repeat myself but I want to make it clear:

Mods please post part of my IP address and part of my email.
Albo please ask mods there to do the same thing.
I am not afraid because I KNOW it's not true, I' ve never traded, scammed or done any other bad things to a fellow p2per

If anyone knows other way to prove my innocence I am willing to listen. I dont have a dinamic IP. Or simply he has the same nickname.

Have a nice day

LJ.
02-10-2009, 07:13 AM
"E-fight" I'm Lovin' it

Disme
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Grab a beer, some chips, a cosy seat and enjoy the e-drama :cool:

pharaoh
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
All I can say is WOW! First off I don't give a sh!t of what people think of me in real life. How in the hell could you over the internet. No wonder the worlds going to hell!!!

RedRansom
02-10-2009, 02:17 PM
no they will just sell invites for 1 or 3 months seedbox or willjust donate friend account for invite at certain periods :whistling but there is really good members as well which been member with friendship:yup:...
btw i am not member at there :lol: but i know :shifty:

EL REY
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
well, most of the users would never ever think of that, but, there are always rotten apples. "trade ftn account" would be most definitelly a scam. but it is possible that someone would trade his ftn invite, although i don't know anyone capable of doing it.
anyway, i understood that you want to know if there are users who trade their invites, buit what's your point, what do you wanna know? you wanna find a trader? you wanna hear that nobody on ftn trades invites?I only read the first page, but I would believe most of the other pages say just about the same thing.

Anyhow, I out of everyone's reply the above quote is the only one being truthful.

I don't care how hard/private something is. There will always be a few "bad apples" in it to use it. That is life, period!!

snail
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
while I can't speak for everyone I personally wouldn't
why would I want to be on a site with a skumbag trader?

cstrik3
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
A guy that trade an account or invite it's just stupid..

And it's obviously no one will trade F*N for some other tracker until some f*** l33t to trade for e**** or u*-* LOL

droste
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
yes ftn users trade their invites ;)

Swift
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM

did you trade youre way into ftn ?

droste
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM

scammed

Swift
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
scammed

congrats

MaNiJaK
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM

TIHAT
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
there are many ftn members trade their invites

TranceMaster6003
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
No

Yesijones
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
no, they don't trade their invites, most ftn trades are scams

Tokeman
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, some do. Anyone saying otherwise is either very ignorant, lying to themselves to feel better, or trying to make the user base look perfect.

geoflp
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I apologize for this post... :whistling

Please delete :)

teresckova
02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, some do. Anyone saying otherwise is either very ignorant, lying to themselves to feel better, or trying to make the user base look perfect.
i couldnt say it better
there a lot of ftn‘ers who trade their invites,ofcourse for something big

Veidenbaums
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
F*N is just a tracker, members there are just humans and yes they trade invites ;)

cinephilia
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
gft has more content, especially xxx picture rips
i knew this was what you were after :shifty:

Villalltheway
02-10-2009, 10:46 PM
^^^^ when u can get video these days, whats the need for pictures lol

Cabalo
02-11-2009, 05:30 AM
reserved

Removed by D
sir, thank you for teaching us the URL. Thank you

cinephilia
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
lol, bloody Cabalo! :happy:

Albo Da Kid
02-11-2009, 07:06 AM
I missed it..What was written in Cabalo's post before it was removed lol

Cabalo
02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
nothing, it had a quote from a post of a guy that was deleted. but i was careful enough to pre-edit FTN's url that was pasted there. so that the quote could stay.
probably detale didn't notice i had edited it in advance.

it was some guy bitching why we use F*N instead writing the tracker's real URL. the usual late night noob.

Funkin'
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Disabled Privs again Albo...tsk tsk.

Oh, to stay on topic, of course members of FTN trade their invites. Members of every single tracker either trade their invites or accounts for something of a "higher level". Why would FTN be any different?

Albo Da Kid
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
nothing, it had a quote from a post of a guy that was deleted. but i was careful enough to pre-edit FTN's url that was pasted there. so that the quote could stay.
probably detale didn't notice i had edited it in advance.

it was some guy bitching why we use F*N instead writing the tracker's real URL. the usual late night noob.
I wish I was this slick when trying to expose that scammer. I wouldn't have Disable privs right now.

Funkin yea man. it's a bitch when you're trying to be helpful and they shove a foot in your throat. Fuck it though..From now on Imma be a dik and support scammers. It seems like it is just about the right attitude that fits here in Fst. The staff seems to keep these kind of crooked users warm anyway. There's no way to touch them when you need 100% proof to take somebody down. As long as they make up a bullshit excuse like "they got hacked, and it wasn't them doing the scammings", they're safe in here.

Matter fact ....ALL SCAMMERS SEND ME A PM. I WILL TEACH YOU EVERY TACTIC TO BEAT THE SYSTEM AND AVOID THE TRADER-HUNTERS

brightsid
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
May I ask why did you decided to accuse him in public instead of reporting him to the staff and let them find out if he is a scammer or not?
A wise guy told me a few weeks ago that this is the proper way

Albo Da Kid
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Because in the report section all they would have told me is..."Give us proof of IP and show us that he didn't get hacked"..Just like they told me other times.
If I didn't expose him in the open no1 in here would know who He really was. A bunch of members here would probably have given him a bunch of invites and then leater beat themselves up for doing so.

I for one do not believe that he was hacked. That's the most common used excuse. He knew and went for it.

Anyway I could care less about this. Next time I know what I have to do in this situation.....I'll just let my russian connection handle it... Kavach Pritelli:lol:

Disme
02-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Because in the report section all they would have told me is..."Give us proof of IP and show us that he didn't get hacked"..Just like they told me other times.
If I didn't expose him in the open no1 in here would know who Ovisan really was. A bunch of members here would probably have given him a bunch of invites and then leater beat themselves up for doing so.

I for one do not believe that he was hacked. That's the most common used excuse. He knew and went for it.

Anyway I could care less about this. Next time I know what I have to do in this situation.

Well ... although I believe you after I saw your proof and I've been around long enough so I have a nose for these things, FST staff may have different views. It's like a tracker, their board, their rules. I too have been warned in the past for exposing a fraud.
It stings if you are trying to do something to actually protect FST, and it turns against you.

But it ain't that bigga deal. There are plenty other places where he can be reported without getting the semi-banhammer :shifty:

Public accusations based on solid evidence are a nice principle, but in some cases the subsidiairy evidence is pointing towards the guilt of said party.
Once again ... it's FST, it's their rules.

Peace.