PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox speedtests... How to?

central2rbay
01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Was just curious if anyone could instruct me on how to structure a speedtest on my seedbox? It's a remote subscription, and the seedbox has a UTorrent web interface. If any other details are required, please do let me know!

Lovestoned
01-25-2009, 06:36 PM
If you've got access to ONLY the web UI then tough luck, only way would to be snatch a torrent and show them the constant speeds you get for both DL/UL. If you can use RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) then VNC in and if it has a desktop (Windows/Debian or Ubuntu with Gnome) then install Flash on it and then do a normal Speedtest.

Sylar_
01-25-2009, 06:40 PM
if you have root login, well just login depends on what OS you have, if its windows open up IE download flash and firefox and just go to speedtest.net.

central2rbay
01-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok thanks gang. Appreciate the help.

Artemis
01-26-2009, 05:46 AM
I have always used this site for server tests http://www.numion.com/ since it does not require flash and is a far more accurate test of the throughput of a server rather than a home connection. Some of the large datacenters also house speedtest servers so there is the possibility of you connecting to a server within the same datacenter making the test invalid.