PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 03:19 AM
What's forums really makes you feel cosy too, out of all the trackers I've been on I got to say that theirs are kind of the best.

Especially Gazelle, clean and customizable with your own stylesheet.

May I know if there's a estimated ETA of all the user perks and site changes?

Edit: T.S.O.L, you made me look like a kinky fool with the thread name. =(

stoi
01-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Not a clue lol

None of it has really been coded yet, i dont think it will be that long, but dont expect it by the weekend or whatever.

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Alright...

You're also one of the few SysOps that seems to reply to comments from unimportant members of his/her tracker.

I've seen much of how staffs of certain 0day trackers mistreating members.

But on BCG it's a totally different story.

I had to contact a staff through PM on BCG and in less than a day it got fixed.
Thank you for the great tracker!

If only BCG used something like Gazelle though then people will also feel like staying in the forums.

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2009, 03:43 AM
^^ offtopic suck up :angry:

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
It's not a suck up, I've asked for help quite a few times on certain trackers and all I got was waiting for nothing.

And some even PM'd back with one word while a few others just replied me once and then that was it.

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2009, 03:49 AM
do you need to jack a thread to compliment him? lol. and i was just kidding about the suck up part

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Alright then I'll GTFO from this thread. :cry:

stoi
01-26-2009, 04:04 AM
f only BCG used something like Gazelle though then people will also feel like staying in the forums.

so what is wrong with IPB

loads of proper forums use that and they dont get complaints, tbh i have never seen gazelle forums, but i cant stand the sight of TBdev ones, thats probably another reason i dont think much of trackers with it, as i hate it, always have and always will.

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Well, with Gazelle members can make their own stylesheets.

http://file.cd/files/5274.PNG (http://file.cd/files/5274.PNG)

But I guess it isn't worth the trouble then if you say so.

Cabalo
01-26-2009, 05:43 AM
well, i love IPB boards, imo much more user friendly and moddable than vB ones, and particularly than the tbdev embedded.

i imagine the bit of pain in the arse it took to code a IPB board sharing the same user DB at the tbdev install. kudos for the coder.

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2009, 07:24 AM
There ya go!. I made you your very own thread Lovestoned, cause nothing you posted was relevant to the particular thread, and you said you'd gtfo but then you came back :P (pm me if you want to change the title)

Detale
01-26-2009, 07:26 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bumrocks
01-26-2009, 08:12 AM
That's too funny...

I'll go ahead a take this moment to add my spam of the day, too!

stoi
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM

http://file.cd/files/5274.PNG (http://file.cd/files/5274.PNG)

that is :sick:

sorry but that is just horrible and where is the sub forums

nah will stick with IPB i think.

7th
01-26-2009, 12:51 PM

that is :sick:

I saw this thread before, back when he posted that image and I was able to keep my mouth closed but... someone else started! :P

Now, why would someone want to change a forum into that? :lol:

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I almost jumped off my chair thinking if I was sleepwalking just now.

Well stoi, maybe not that stylesheet but maybe a much more compact forum instead of scrolling so much?

Polarbear
01-26-2009, 12:58 PM
almost all gazelle forums have a major disadvantage. there's no view unread button. it's an essential function when you frequent a forum.

without it you need to open every single section/topic to view unread posts, which is very uncomfortable.

tc has implemented it in gazelle, so it's possible. i really don't know why what for instance hasn't.

the suggestion was posted there ages ago, but it wasn't realised.

gazelle is a nice code, but for forums i prefer ipb or even the old tb forums.

edit: fsc probably has the best non ipb forum that i know.

stoi
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
We are a games tracker.

Music is music, you dont list what you can play music on do you.

Movies are movies you dont list what you play movies on

games can and are played on different systems, i hate forums where its is just 1 games forum and that is it and everything is a mess.

btw you do realise that if you tick the +- button at the top of any forums (so PC forum or Sony Forum) its hides it, so scrolling is a minimum, its just if you have every one open, which i doubt anyone will, that it gets huge.

so scrolling is just what you have it set up like, but again for games, we have to have the different systems that games are played on, music or movies, dont, so they can keep their forums down and have forums without subforums.

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Mmm, thanks Polarbear and stoi for the reasons why BCG should use IPB.

I guess I was totally wrong about that part I guess, feeling kind of shameful now.

I also didn't notice the minimizing option, ouch.
Alright, I'll be even more active on BCG now then.

But what about permanently removing the latest news after you've read it?

http://i44.tinypic.com/vq74a0.jpg

stoi
01-26-2009, 01:31 PM
we are trying to work out how when you minimise it it will stay minimised.

but other things as you know have got in the way.

tbh it was never really put on for that much text, it was just for anything really important, and put a link there to the forums. i am sure once most things are out of the way, we can get that sorted.

Rigel9
01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
almost all gazelle forums have a major disadvantage. there's no view unread button. it's an essential function when you frequent a forum.

without it you need to open every single section/topic to view unread posts, which is very uncomfortable.

tc has implemented it in gazelle, so it's possible. i really don't know why what for instance hasn't.

StC has it also, it's the only thing that really bugs me about the what forum.

Other than that gazelle is awesome.

Lovestoned
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Rigel:
http://www.digital-tv.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/borat-high-five.jpg

http://file.cd/files/5296.PNG

Doesn't that works too?

Villalltheway
01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Im lost what the hell is thread about, is it about blackcats or is about what.cd forums.

7th
01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Im lost what the hell is thread about, is it about blackcats or is about what.cd forums.

neither one... it's just about forums...

piratebot
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
bcg forums - last time i was there, i think there was this ugly background image that made it hard to read.

stoi
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
we do have 5 skins you know. god people know nowt.

pig098
01-26-2009, 09:00 PM
does anyone no when i will allow invites?

danio
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
does anyone no when i will allow invites?

you can read about it in the forums.. :whistling there's no date set but you'll find out what's going on and how it will work, and probably about when it's planned to be finished later on.

stoi, it seems like your members are the sloppiest readers known to mankind :lol:

stoi
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
tell me about it.

29,000 members, you would think that any important info would get 25,000 views at least, we had 12,000 PU and SPU (who are now users), the thread in the forums explaining all of this has 6,000 views.

I just cant fathom it out.

Lovestoned
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
tell me about it.

29,000 members, you would think that any important info would get 25,000 views at least, we had 12,000 PU and SPU (who are now users), the thread in the forums explaining all of this has 6,000 views.

I just cant fathom it out.

Mmm, I'm still rather confused about all new perks since they've got weird names.

stoi
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Well the perks are null and void now, those names i just plucked out of thin air (well wiki actually lol) and as I said, its a 1% chance that we will use them (so that means we wont lol).

What the new names will be i have no idea though, but forget all about the perks and the names, just look at the new improved table i showed, but i have even changed that a bit in the staff forum.

Tokeman
01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm assuming you showed the table on the bcg forums right? I've always wondered, why do I have to log in to the forums, if I'm already logged into the tracker?
I hate it when its setup like that. Never been onto any forums setup like this, since i can never figure out my user/pass for the forum (never seems to be the same as the tracker).

stoi
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I have never, and i mean never had to login to the forums. (actually you should not log in to the forums.)

if you login to the tracker you should be auto logged into the forums.

if not sign out clear your BCG cookies, sign into tracker again, then go to the forums, you should be logged in.

Tokeman
01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
wierd, tried that, it still came to a page asking for me to log in, but this time it took my site user/pass (not sure if I tried that on this site before or not).
Probably something on my end then.

danio
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I have never, and i mean never had to login to the forums. (actually you should not log in to the forums.)

if you login to the tracker you should be auto logged into the forums.

if not sign out clear your BCG cookies, sign into tracker again, then go to the forums, you should be logged in.

Actually i always have to login to the forums aswell. Seems like Tokeman isn't the only one.

stoi
01-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I have no idea why lol since we put these forums on 15 months ago, number of times i have logged into them 0 even if i log out and back in to the tracker.

maybe its your browser, I use FF 3 exclusively, but i am pretty sure 15 months ago i tried others and it till worked fine for me (and countless others as well).

maybe try clearing your cookies and cache may work, but it has been that long since I heard of anyone with this problem, i cant remember 100% now.

NippleCake
01-27-2009, 08:56 PM
An afore-mentioned tracker in this thread has, imo, the best forums. "post update" feature lets you stay on top and keep up to date of all your forum conversations, along with view unread, catch up etc. the forums are also not too large and not too small :happy:

Cabalo
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
and so do i. not that it's a major burden, but the tracker cookie doesn't work for me to the forum size.

stoi
01-27-2009, 09:00 PM
"post update" feature lets you stay on top and keep up to date of all your forum conversations

hmm we used to have that, might see if i can find it again forgot all about it tbh.

only thing i can suggest is posting in our Forum Questions forum, tell us the problem, and alt or askew1 may be able to remember the remedy, like i said i have not heard of this happeneing for awhile, but i am nearly sure its your side, as it works fine and always has done for me. (and others)

Tokeman
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I got a fresh copy of winders installed on another partition. I'll boot into it when I get home and try logging in to see what happens. I'll post here.

I also use FireFox exclusivly

Edit:

Man stoi, you're quick! Nice poll ;)

danio
01-27-2009, 11:06 PM
actually, when i tried just now i did get auto-signed in to the forum and for the first time, the forum opened as an integrated part of the bcg site.. every time i've visited the forums in the past it has taken me to a completely new page and i've had to login.

(i use FF3 aswell.)

Lovestoned
01-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Well the perks are null and void now, those names i just plucked out of thin air (well wiki actually lol) and as I said, its a 1% chance that we will use them (so that means we wont lol).

What the new names will be i have no idea though, but forget all about the perks and the names, just look at the new improved table i showed, but i have even changed that a bit in the staff forum.

Mmm, I do hope the perk/names aren't that hard to remember.

I'm always seeding new files where there are only 1 seeder on BCG. :)

Since people here are talking about login problems, I was wondering if it's just me that needs to login to the tracker again if I'm inactive on the site for an hour or two.

iLLoGiCaL000
01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I got ZLined from the irc for trying to be funny I went to #complaints and said "I have a complaint, I'm not a part of bcg yet :)" an hour later I got ZLined :( is there anyway I can get un zlined, I really was just crackin a joke, I didn't know it would be so serious. I spent the entire night in the irc chatting hoping to get me an invite and boom, zlined for making a joke :((

so, stoi, is there anything I can do? I can't even go back and appologize :(

The_Martinator
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Mmm, I do hope the perk/names aren't that hard to remember.

I'm always seeding new files where there are only 1 seeder on BCG. :)

Since people here are talking about login problems, I was wondering if it's just me that needs to login to the tracker again if I'm inactive on the site for an hour or two.

No, it happens to me too.

stoi
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
IRC Zline nothing mate, i never get into IRC these days.

Login in every couple of hours, again i can only speak for myself, but i have not had to login for about 1 year.

Only time i had to was when i changed PCs, so go onto a laptop sign in, i would be logged out upstairs on my desktop, and vice versa, even on the same IP, so if you change PCs a lot, then that is why.

iLLoGiCaL000
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
than how the heck do I get an invite without using irc :( I don't know anyone that has an account.

stoi
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Well we are not giving invites out anyway in IRC as no one has any, only people that can make accounts are Sysops, and they are not doing it atm, so i wouldnt worry about it to much tbh.

iLLoGiCaL000
01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, since you own the place, can you at least tell me how long I'll have to wait before I even have a chance?

stoi
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
in IRC forever probably.

iLLoGiCaL000
01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
awesome lol

thx for the help :)

crimsonhaze
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
in IRC forever probably.

Might want to change the notice in the waitingroom then.

stoi
01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
As far as i know it says do not ask for invites as they do not exist, or words to that effect, tbh when i sign in i never see the waiting room lol

witstd
01-28-2009, 11:44 PM
ya i really wish i could get in there again it was an amazing site but i lost my account a while ago when the site got hacked. it was very dissappointing

stoi
01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Dec 2006 then?

that was the last time we got hacked, and we have opened up to 100,000 members since then, so you could not have been trying very hard lol (we were open for about 4-6 months)

crimsonhaze
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
As far as i know it says do not ask for invites as they do not exist, or words to that effect, tbh when i sign in i never see the waiting room lol

"Don't think of asking for invites on IRC or via PM (but if you chat you never know what may happen.)" Set by stoi on Mon Jan 19 15:31:38

The last part of your notice is misleading then. You'll basically have people, including me at one time, chatting and waiting for any word from an admin. Other sites employ this kind of invite feature as well on their irc channels, so they may assume the same of yours.

You should consider changing it. False hope sucks :(

iLLoGiCaL000
01-29-2009, 01:43 AM

"Don't think of asking for invites on IRC or via PM (but if you chat you never know what may happen.)" Set by stoi on Mon Jan 19 15:31:38

The last part of your notice is misleading then. You'll basically have people, including me at one time, chatting and waiting for any word from an admin. Other sites employ this kind of invite feature as well on their irc channels, so they may assume the same of yours.

You should consider changing it. False hope sucks :(

exaclty why I stayed up all night to hang in #waitingroom it def says chat in the room and you never know, suggesting that even tually i'd hear from someone...

Lovestoned
01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
IRC Zline nothing mate, i never get into IRC these days.

Login in every couple of hours, again i can only speak for myself, but i have not had to login for about 1 year.

Only time i had to was when i changed PCs, so go onto a laptop sign in, i would be logged out upstairs on my desktop, and vice versa, even on the same IP, so if you change PCs a lot, then that is why.

've never changed my PC, well since I'm not the only person around I guess it still depends on your luck.

stoi
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Does your IP change a lot, if your IP changes every 2 hours, then that will cause it as well.

and oops i forgot about that in the waiting room, i put that on because every time i have went into the waiting room, it has been dead.

Lovestoned
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
If I was browsing with my IP I wouldn't even be able to login, I'm using my ISP's static proxy which is for all to access the site so I'll be recognised as that IP instead of getting kicked out seconds later for a NAT IP.

On sites like PTN I'll have to use that too, since the site itself doesn't makes use of cookies to keep me logged in.

Well stoi, if you're afraid I'm doing something bad I can always give you my IP too.

Just hope I don't get DDOS'ed. :lol:

iLLoGiCaL000
01-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Stoi, I'm just gonna be blunt instead of kissing ass, I hate ass kissers. Can you hit me with an invite? I've been in the waiting room for like 2 hours and no one is even saying anything. The MOTD still says for people hang to hang to get invites. I would really like to get in so if you would be kind enough I'll pass my email address over to you. Thanks in advance. and I appreciate your time.

Villalltheway
01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Stoi, I'm just gonna be blunt instead of kissing ass, I hate ass kissers. Can you hit me with an invite? I've been in the waiting room for like 2 hours and no one is even saying anything. The MOTD still says for people hang to hang to get invites. I would really like to get in so if you would be kind enough I'll pass my email address over to you. Thanks in advance. and I appreciate your time.

You are not allowed to ask an invertation in this section, thats why there is a invite and request section.

kaffeine
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-bittorrent-invites-section-or-you-banned-146184

If you can't follow the rules in here, how can anyone trust that you will follow them anywhere else?

iLLoGiCaL000
01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I've never been banned from any tracker nor have I broken the rules in any private tracker. I just gave a last hoorah effort to ask stoi cuz he's the owner and if he won't help me out than I'm positive no one else will. So if I get banned than I get banned, thats the price I pay.

7th
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I've never been banned from any tracker nor have I broken the rules in any private tracker. I just gave a last hoorah effort to ask stoi cuz he's the owner and if he won't help me out than I'm positive no one else will. So if I get banned than I get banned, thats the price I pay.

Villalltheway already said that this is not the place for this... Stoi already stated that IRC is not the place to get invites (read this topic)...

You're not the only one wanting to get in, so you better be patient for now ;)