PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox info?

pone44
01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Has anyone had any experience or has any input on ukfilesite.com?

I was looking for a thread here but did not find one?

Any information would be appreciated!
Thank You.

apextwin146
01-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Too expensive .. Kimsufi and dedicated prices are over the roof ..

pone44
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
I need feedback please. From anyone?

I need a re-seller's advice please.On a Ohv or whatever box is recommended ?

Carlpb
01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
If you are looking for a Kimsufi dedicated server send a pm to slayer2005, he is a great reseller with great prices and support.

pone44
01-28-2009, 01:16 AM
I know, heard from him. Am looking into it. $ is tight.

kevinsert
01-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Pone if you looking cheap and best there is only chance i think :D look at previous threads i dont know his nick but i met with his friend hdbits forum and they helped me lot..outsystem.pl i guess website check it :) i can assure you its beyond what i dreamed..

pone44
01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
^^^ I see-who do you mention?
Pm me if you do not want to post.

10Mbit, 75GB, 15 Torrents

How much upload is that a month-75 gb's?

pone44
02-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Been trying to connect to ukfilesite.com but seems to be down? Anyone have experiences with this particular company? Good or bad?

bentomans
02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
yep, it's down . btw i heard this provider's a good one :)

pone44
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Thank You.^ :)

I have not been able to connect to the main site in weeks.?

edforce1
02-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Their site is down as are some of their products including mine. Yes the product is good but the customer service is non existant.

Be wary of that

pone44
02-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Had to bump this as this site is now down,members are complaining as the company-guy the that runs it will not email anyone with info. Has been 3+ weeks since i ordered it, never could set it up. Got blocked from the site-support as soon as made payment..? Very upset with the service though i did not even set the thing up. Still had to pay for it. I would not recommend this site at all! Really horrible communication skills. If you can actually get a hold of the company-ukfilesite.com?

FransTormer
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
They up & running again (if you hadnt noticed yourself).

Prices went tru the roof though; easily 10quid/month extra since the last owner although the machines are very very stable, in my opinion.

starfly3r
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
i am not going to buy anymore seedbox from UKfilesite again... I paid for a month service and i can only use it for 7 days.. what a ripped off and Jon is no whre to be found now..

FransTormer
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
i am not going to buy anymore seedbox from UKfilesite again... I paid for a month service and i can only use it for 7 days.. what a ripped off and Jon is no whre to be found now..
Not trying to defend UKfileSite but his is/was reachable up until 2 weeks ago by several mail-addresses, ICQ, MSN and even phone.

SPyRoX
02-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Ik had a seedbox at ukfilesite.
In the beginning it was perfect.
But after 2 weeks i got banned because i was taking too much space. no warning at all. just got banned for 5 days cause he was on vacation and he didn't answer my emails after that i didn't renew my seedbox there.
So i'm not happy at all with him.

I'm now at a belgium seedbox. 100mbit dedicated unmetered 250GB space. perfect. i can get at 8mbyte per sec up. but i think they stopt selling seedboxes cause there's nothing about seedboxes at there site anymore.
Still mine is still working :)

SPyRoX
02-18-2009, 03:45 PM

Hmm yep Jon is nowhere to be found. that's the same that happened with me when i had a seedbox there. no ukfilesite for me anymore!;)

FransTormer
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Like I posted in another topic, UKFileSite seems be back online. There was a change of owners during the last few weeks despite that Jon (previous owner) was reachable although intermittent.

Prices did go up (for servers with Windows and remote desktop) but I've been in contact with James over the last few days and his replies are speedy and to the point.

By the way, my personal experience with UKFS so far: amazing. I'm on a 50Mbit-rig which means I truly get 5.5MB/s sync-speeds with out-of-band FTP-traffic. Even with just a few popular torrents running (although the machine topped out with 176 torrents with 29 transferring), I easily managed to reach an 4-odd TB transferred last month.

@SpyRox: being banned was kinda your own fault. Although maybe the owner could've warned you, you are using a disk with other peeps which won't be able to store their files when you exceed your allowed amount. With the higher packages, you get "dedicated" space so you cannot exceed.

starfly3r
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
From wat i guess, i think that James and Jon is the same person.. He is trying to cover up his shit and trying to create a new person to defend it...

Btw, they had their google checkout and paypal suspended.. i smell something wrong here..

And lastly.. i will never ever buy from Ukfilesite again.. its a rip off..

20mbit box for £30...its bollox...i can get 100mbit for £26

Warning: Stay AWAY!!!

pone44
02-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Ecactually what i think. I talked to someone during that time they said that they had a car accident and that jon is not affilated with them anymore. They said they had to get new paypal accounts, which has nothing to do with a car accident unless there is more to the story. Customer service :blink:? :angry; I do not think you can call it that..^

Never had the chance to set the box up, never mind use it!! Not good business at all! Plus no replies,(emails-Pm's)when people are paying good $ for this seedbox service? (or late replies) is bad business!

From wat i guess, i think that James and Jon is the same person.. He is trying to cover up his shit and trying to create a new person to defend it...

Btw, they had their google checkout and paypal suspended.. i smell something wrong here..

And lastly.. i will never ever buy from Ukfilesite again.. its a rip off..

20mbit box for £30...its bollox...i can get 100mbit for £26

Warning: Stay AWAY!!!

* Had a very bad experience-lost $ dealing with them-buying a box. Starfly3r is right on this.*

FransTormer
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm retracting my previous statements on UKFileSite!

- Windows-servers are running out of terminal server licenses.
- Paid subscriptions are getting cut short or terminated.
- New "management" seems to have no access to previous payments/cash.
- Their forums seem to be under attack (spam and angry customers).