PDA

View Full Version : ScT + lazy staff

addiction
01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Is it only me or the staff there seem very unmotivated. Unable to provide their entire new skin (for each different section), create a new year competition and unable to give result more than 3 weeks later, etc. For a tracker with this reputation, I find this pretty pathetic. Maybe it's time for them to renew their staff?

jasperr
01-27-2009, 12:28 PM
for the sake of argument here... perhaps they could be more diligent with the upgrading of the new skin, agreed..... but honestly, this is a irrelevant topic. i've heard said that members might be doing a tracker some service by bringing to light injustices to thats happening on that tracker by posting about it it in forums such as this, since staff of many tracker often visit here.. However, this is one topic thats not going to change anything... you may feel that there is a need for a changing of the guard.. But, that's not going to happen simply because some users here or on the tracker itself, request it...

but, by all means don't let me discourgae you from discussing it.... lol

C-mos
01-27-2009, 12:42 PM
you don't like it , ask for delete :D
;)

Swift
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
you coming here and posting this ... will not impress staff ... as minimalistic says ask for delete

addiction
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
you don't like it , ask for delete

you coming here and posting this ... will not impress staff ... as minimalistic says ask for delete

Thanks for your "good" comment, but it is the only way to be heard and hope for change since posting this to ScT will get me ban. It could be a terrific tracker if they could put a little bit more energy, this my point of view.

And FYI, after a few year looking for the saint graal, i now understand that these high level trackers are not always the better...

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
;)

Why do you imply he wants to get his account deleted? He just thinks the staff could be more energetic and new active lively staff that actually do something should be recruited.

If I don't like their font, should I ask for a deletion too :ermm:?

vic
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Here we go, yes they are lazy and unkind - nothing new.

Detale
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Maybe they are just busy? I know sometimes I'm less active due to real life issues. Things happen sometimes. To say that they need new staff because things arent coming out the way you liked is a little harsh.

CaptanAmerica
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
nothing new

:yup:

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe they are just busy? I know sometimes I'm less active due to real life issues. Things happen sometimes. To say that they need new staff because things arent coming out the way you liked is a little harsh.

Staff have lives?!

:naughty:

jasperr
01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
as i said before.....

this is one thing that's not even worth discussing... why?? because it's not gonna change anything.. so discussing it is pointless and irrelevant.... this thread is only to make the OP feel better.. nothing more.. you actually thing a tracker is gonna change the staff.... or move faster .. because of this thread.. O.o

let me ask you this... if you wish in one hand and shit in the other.... which one is gonna get filled up first???

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
as i said before.....

this is one thing that's not even worth discussing... why?? because it's not gonna change anything.. so discussing it is pointless and irrelevant.... this thread is only to make the OP feel better.. nothing more.. you actually thing a tracker is gonna change the staff.... or move faster .. because of this thread.. O.o

let me ask you this... if you wish in one hand and shit in the other.... which one is gonna get filled up first???

The hand you wipe with?

Albo Da Kid
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
The staff might seem a little unmotivated because they are dealing with 20'000+ members, the forums and the irc. In top of that they have to worry about catching dupe accounts, invite sellers, traders etc...

It's not that easy being staff. Ask the mods in here if you think otherwise.
Maybe they're less motivate than others, but you should take into consideration that it's not as easy as it looks.

jasperr
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Albo Da Kid, nice sig you douche! next time, why don't you quote me correctly.... you stupid ass!

lhnz
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
There are other better sites. Once you know they're not that great don't bother staying. :)

puckface
01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Albo Da Kid, nice sig you douche! next time, why don't you quote me correctly.... you stupid ass!

shit, I thought everyone here already had him on their ignore list. Fuck, Im ahead of the game for once.

On topic, the way I read it, your complaining about a stylesheet? Come on, arent there more important things then that?

sceneA
01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I completely agree. The staff seems completely unmotivated and lazy. Imo they should atleast see how much time and effort stoi and his team put on bcg to make it better every single day..

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 03:23 PM

shit, I thought everyone here already had him on their ignore list. Fuck, Im ahead of the game for once.

On topic, the way I read it, your complaining about a stylesheet? Come on, arent there more important things then that?

Oh snap, I forgot about that. And it actually works! Doesn't show his posts. vB/FST FTW :)

Albo Da Kid
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Good for letting me know. I'll return the favor.....I was getting tired of reading your "Captain Obvious" posts.

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm lovin' it :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2sbr6z9.jpg

Albo Da Kid
01-27-2009, 03:36 PM
lol thank god KushBlow finally decided to add me to his ignore list...Now he wont be stalking me and replying to everytihng i say..Feels good to make use of the ignore feature.

Now he can get back to having a life..:lol:

puckface
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM

but he still seems to reply to people that ignore him, at least thats the way it looks. I cant see though :) Gotta boost that post count ya know.

KushBlow
01-27-2009, 03:39 PM

but he still seems to reply to people that ignore him, at least thats the way it looks. I cant see though :)

Yeah, pretty funny :D.

Oh btw some ScT staff are pretty active. Terska for example, he's helped me numerous times with problems and such.

xbawksz
01-27-2009, 04:13 PM
is the entire skin really that necessary anyways? I mean, it'll get done when it gets done. perhaps they might have something else in the works to go along with a completely finished and new layout that they're holding off on it for now? just have patience. :)

Lovestoned
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Wait.. ScT's staffs are actually helpful nowadays?

I'm pretty impressed, since they've been going strong as one of the oldest 0day trackers.

Pudenry
01-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Feeling is to busy collecting epix for his druid

Raban
01-28-2009, 12:36 AM
feeling is hopelessly addicted to world of warcraft... seriously... i hear he is playing it almost non-stop... the site will always come second to a game like that...

if you wanna be in a top guild and whatnot you have to have unlimited devotion to the game and be willing to spend all your time at it...

Cabalo
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM

Thanks for your "good" comment, but it is the only way to be heard and hope for change since posting this to ScT will get me ban. It could be a terrific tracker if they could put a little bit more energy, this my point of view.

And FYI, after a few year looking for the saint graal, i now understand that these high level trackers are not always the better...
that makes you a coward on my book.

colbert
01-28-2009, 02:02 AM
feeling is hopelessly addicted to world of warcraft... seriously... i hear he is playing it almost non-stop... the site will always come second to a game like that...

if you wanna be in a top guild and whatnot you have to have unlimited devotion to the game and be willing to spend all your time at it...

I bet he uses donation money to pay for his own WoW server :P

Detale
01-28-2009, 02:26 AM
I guess people will bitch about anything. I mean it's still an awesome site and so what the style hasn't been changed yet?

Albo Da Kid
01-28-2009, 02:42 AM
As i said in a previous post. When you're #1 everyone will try to rip your throat out. Everyone knows sct is the king of tracker sites, but few actually admit it and the rest will find every possible angle to bring it down.

ben99
01-28-2009, 03:07 AM
As i said in a previous post. When you're #1 everyone will try to rip your throat out. Everyone knows sct is the king of tracker sites, but few actually admit it and the rest will find every possible angle to bring it down.
actually that would be scc now

IdolEyes787
01-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Define king.
Not the largest.Not the most content.Not the most attentive to it's members needs.
A very good site certainly but king only to it's most loyal of subjects.

Btw tophos is the queen of sites.:whistling

Albo Da Kid
01-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Define king.

1.Tracker with the fastest speeds.
2.Decent pre-times.
3.Decent content

yes, Tophos is the queen. She gets piped by all her sister's friends everyday. Guess who her sister is...

Scc?? King of pretimes you mean?? Last time i checked scc had no more than 6000 torrents and speeds are nowhere near as good as sct's. I don't see how it caN be King.

kareemamir
01-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Is it only me or the staff there seem very unmotivated. Unable to provide their entire new skin (for each different section), create a new year competition and unable to give result more than 3 weeks later, etc. For a tracker with this reputation, I find this pretty pathetic. Maybe it's time for them to renew their staff?

Welcome to another stupid comment.

lysine
01-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Scc?? King of pretimes you mean?? Last time i checked scc had no more than 6000 torrents and speeds are nowhere near as good as sct's. I don't see how it caN be King.

look closer, you totally missed the mp3/0day and archive sections.

Dr_Green_Thumb
01-28-2009, 03:55 AM
Hey addiction why don't you get off your lazy pimply ass and make a better site?

ben99
01-28-2009, 05:12 AM
1.Tracker with the fastest speeds.
2.Decent pre-times.
3.Decent content

yes, Tophos is the queen. She gets piped by all her sister's friends everyday. Guess who her sister is...

you can max out a seedbox and the pretimes are usually a lot faster. Most of the time (esp with a box) you can dl the file completely before the torrent event hits sct.

Mister Moo
01-28-2009, 05:20 AM
I just want them to release the god damn black skin. God Dammit.

kavselj
01-28-2009, 05:41 AM
Yes, I am extremely lazy :( I've been so for the past 12 years or so and I don't plan to change that.

integral
01-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Ah yes, another ScT thread has devolved into their shitty staff being pointed out, people announcing that they've ignored someone, and the prerequisite pretime/torrent count/MaxYaSpeedboxOut argument, all while feeling presumably dumps 90% of ScT donations into paying third world countries to mine gold for him in World Of Warcraft.

On a more serious note, who cares about a css stylesheet? What does that change? The only members ScT values are the seedbox users, and what do those people care about a stylesheet; they just autodownload everything from IRC, and probably never look at the site.

Realistically, no one should care about a 0day torrent site's stylesheet. As long as the uploads are on point, and the peerage is on point, the 0day site's on point, enough with the cosmetics.

Detale
01-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Btw tophos is the Drag queen of sites.:whistling

Fixed :)

Yes, I am extremely lazy :( I've been so for the past 12 years or so and I don't plan to change that.
:lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes, another ScT thread has devolved into their shitty staff being pointed out, people announcing that they've ignored someone, and the prerequisite pretime/torrent count/MaxYaSpeedboxOut argument, all while feeling presumably dumps 90% of ScT donations into paying third world countries to mine gold for him in World Of Warcraft.

On a more serious note, who cares about a css stylesheet? What does that change? The only members ScT values are the seedbox users, and what do those people care about a stylesheet; they just autodownload everything from IRC, and probably never look at the site.

Realistically, no one should care about a 0day torrent site's stylesheet. As long as the uploads are on point, and the peerage is on point, the 0day site's on point, enough with the cosmetics.

Very well put, Thanks

Pedro
01-28-2009, 07:28 AM
If only you knew what was going on behind the scenes.

I agree that this is ... again ... another pointless topic.

And btw Kavselj is really lazy :D

Detale
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow first Kav now pedro even Fee is viewing the thread where's Dev?? Get the whole gang in here LOL. Thanks for taking the time guys

Feeling
01-28-2009, 07:55 AM
and while feeling presumably dumps 90% of ScT donations into paying third world countries to mine gold for him in World Of Warcraft.

:rolleyes:

There are other better sites. Once you know they're not that great don't bother staying. :)

For music yea, like waffles.... oh wait you were banned there also, probably snook back in though. :rolleyes:

Lovestoned
01-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Well feeling, I don't suppose that's the truth eh?

I remember a 'where the donation goes to' thread on ScT, or maybe it was another tracker's forum.

redMonster
01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Wow first Kav now pedro even Fee is viewing the thread where's Dev?? Get the whole gang in here LOL. Thanks for taking the time guys
Who's Dev?

Artemis
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Who's Dev?

Dev = Deviant :blink:

droste
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Kavvy <3

C-mos
01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
;)

Why do you imply he wants to get his account deleted? He just thinks the staff could be more energetic and new active lively staff that actually do something should be recruited.

huh ? :pinch:
get a life dude .
I said if he doesn't like it ..he should delete it..
P.S I like it how it is .much love ScT ! :D

lhnz
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM

:rolleyes:

For music yea, like waffles.... oh wait you were banned there also, probably snook back in though. :rolleyes:I wasn't banned. I asked to have my account removed - there is a clear difference. I snook back in a couple of times, but I can't really be bothered any more. It's too much of a PITA to have to hide from chelle because I don't really feel like hiding, and why should I have to. The site still owes me.

And honestly, I think that SCC is a nicer site. Not as big or with as much of a history so-far, yes, but it's faster, has more 0day MP3, and the site-design is nicer. At the end of the day those are the things that matter to me on a 0day site, and nothing else.
Those are two sites that when I left were less popular, but ultimately deserve users more because of their feature-sets, and the work of their admins. They're growing in popularity and it won't be long before both are the canonical sites of their type.

Btw, out of interest, did I get banned from ScT because I stopped visiting the site for like 3 months (this is what I presumed) or was it literally because you still have an e-relationship with chelle (mmmm) and she asked you to ban me?

trimble
01-28-2009, 01:13 PM

huh ? :pinch:
get a life dude .
I said if he doesn't like it ..he should delete it..
P.S I like it how it is .much love ScT ! :D

In french we said "licheux de cul". Instead of trying to work to get something better, you prefer to clap on a not-that-good situation. "Pitoyable"...:sick:

C-mos
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
what`s your prob dude ? :D

trimble
01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Nothing, just want to let you know what i'm thinking of your last comment:P

C-mos
01-28-2009, 02:18 PM
you don't have to say anything :) :D bye

jasperr
01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Since the staff have already posted here.. i suggest that FST staff just close this thread... because its just gonna be a flame fest.. as i predicted and posted.. nothing has come of it.. its just making the demoralized feel better about themselves.. nothing more..

Detale
01-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah I think all the constructive comments have been said.

EDIT: SCT staff has asked me to reopen this thread for a reply.

Swax
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
As mentioned prior to this, it's a private site, it's not a public service. It's a privilege to be a member on the site, using the facilities free of charge (nobody HAS to pay to be a member).

Believe it or not the site does not run itself (contrary to the belief of those who hit'n'run and only care about getting free GBs)

Almost all of the staff have full time jobs in the 'real world', which should always take precedence over bittorrent matters. Anyone who thinks bittorrent is the most important thing on Earth is far too caught up with the internet and the size of their e-penis.

The competition GBs have not been given out yet because I have not had time to review 200+ entries yet.
We do not HAVE to do competitions, and we do not HAVE to offer generous GB prizes, yet we do.
If users can't show a bit of patience or appreciation then maybe they should indeed use another tracker.

Staff do not get paid. They get abuse on public forums, on their own forums, in PMs and in IRC support. They have to deal with invite traders, people complaining about scammers, noobs asking about being connectable, unbanning worthwhile users from a banned country (as done recently with Romania), and other general queries from users on a daily basis. Often ~100 PMs/queries a week for some staff members, all of which are usually dealt with within 48hrs, if not 24hrs.

Staff do more behind the scenes than people are probably aware of. Just because staff aren't posting random News articles or Forum threads every day doesn't mean they're not doing stuff for the benefit of the tracker in their own free time.

As for the stylesheet issue...if you're really that bugged about the colours on your screen why don't you; a) make a new stylesheet to use in a 3rd party app, or... b) Invert the colours on your monitor.

ScT works. It's one of the fastest and most reliable sites around. What's the big deal?

Ask not what ScT can do for you, but what you can do for ScT. If you've got nothing to offer other than an unappreciative and impatient attitude then you really should find another site if it's annoyed you so much to speak publicly about it. Quite frankly we could do without whingers like you leeching off us. :dry: