PDA

View Full Version : biohost ! any ideas

erax
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
what do you think guyz about biohost
i hear they'r now got new servers and it's k !

HD space may be not that enough but +gigs will be great with cheap and unlimited Torrents

tnt
01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
high price/low hdd/low speed/---> they really sucks :sick:
thats what i think :)

erax
01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
high price

it's not that high i ithink
Alertpay is the good thing here for me

H&K
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
For the seedbox option, not dedicated server they are very cheap. I have a seedbox with them and although the speed is great, the response time of their webui is crap and the hardrive space will quickly piss you off.

I'm not with proseedbox.com on their cheapest seedbox option and i love it. They have their own servers i.e. not just people put on OVH boxes and the quality is awesome. The only problem is, is that they aren't accepting new customers now.

Though they should be by tonight, a mate has been asking about when they are open again so i've had to keep checking :lol:

erax
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Paypal is the my point here
biohost support Alertpay my only way

pplush259
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM
the worst box provider ive read as per feedback, cheap doesnt mean u have poor performance from webuis and box is down every now and then

Der0
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Don't buy seedbox from them !

erax
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
thanx guyz for fedding back

viper151
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
I've tried them once and they were pretty good :)
Although i wasn't expecting great speeds but it was pretty stable.
It's been 5 months from that time and i doubt if they can still handle it :)

Shadow876
01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Not recommanded at all. I have tried their seedbox and it's torrentflux crap. The box is shared with too many users so the web ui response time is way too long. And the small hdd space will soon be full unless you plan to do very light usage of your seedbox. Speeds are not that great but the box is cheap.

erax
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
thanx guyz for all the support

from your posts nobody would deal with them

teresckova
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM

i ve heard they put like 5 or 6 users on a small box...damm this is cruel

erax
02-08-2009, 12:45 PM

i ve heard they put like 5 or 6 users on a small box...damm this is cruel

that sucks

manu1991
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
5-6 noooo , there are 20 users on the box i am now . Yes FUCKING 20

Marduk
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah don't use biohost. I had an account there and I was on a box with 33 users. Yep 33 users.

Grizwald
02-11-2009, 03:01 AM
I signed up with biohost.info recently (before seeing this thread :( ) and they totally suck. Totally overloaded servers, a lot of downtime, total crap.

h1pp0
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I signed up for thier service, site says 6 hours setup time... 12 hours later I get a reply stating that thier ToS says setup time can be upto upto 48 hours. Asked for a refund for payment, claimed he never got it. Had to open a despute with paypal to get my money back. Buyer beware.

Mikebhst
02-20-2009, 02:08 AM
H1ppo, We never did receive your payment. Either you never sent it at all or there was a problem with the transaction.

As for the "overloaded" users, 90% of them are disabled accounts and not in use. Grizwald I don't understand any of the downtime that you speak of, you can view the uptime of all of our servers here,

http://www.biohost.info/status/

teresckova, small box? All of our seedbox servers are quad cores with 4+GB of ram on each of them. I don't understand how thats small.

Yes the basic is torrentflux that we use but we do have custom plans with utorrent, wtorrent or rtorrent. It seems that most of the people from fst want dedicated boxes or expect a dedicated box for the price, We've had people mention this thread and complain that they never got a dedicated server with a dedicated 1gig uplink to themselves for $4.00. If your looking to have dedicated speed and all to yourself then do not buy a shared seedbox. Spend the extra money and get yourself a dedicated server/seedbox instead of complaining.

If you want a trial of one of our seedboxes you can feel free to ask for one before you buy, how ever it would only be a 24 hour trial limited to 1gb space and 3 active torrents.

As for Biohost itself, yes we do plan to increase the space soon and we plan on selling dedicated servers quite soon as well as dedicated seedboxes which come with free set up/mangement and monitoring.

If you have any questions feel free to post it here or open a support ticket with us.

Nobody would deal with us :)? We currently have 442 active clients between our hosting and seedboxes spanned across 27 servers :)

Redrum420
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Well I just brought a box from them and its been 24 hours now, still no word.
great job biohost.

h1pp0
02-21-2009, 04:33 AM
H1ppo, We never did receive your payment. Either you never sent it at all or there was a problem with the transaction.

Shows payment as recieved to the following:

Michael B*****
blu-***@hotmail.com

Check your paypal email so we can resolve this dispute, you should of gotten a copy of it. And why are you using a hotmail account for a business?

Anyone thinking of paying via paypal, his paypal account is listed as "Non-U.S. - Verified" so there's no buyer/seller protection.

Marduk
02-22-2009, 06:22 AM

As for the "overloaded" users, 90% of them are disabled accounts and not in use. Grizwald I don't understand any of the downtime that you speak of, you can view the uptime of all of our servers here,

So there was only really 2 other users on my box?

10% of 33 is 3.3. Round it down to 3 take away 1 which is me which leaves only 2 other users on the server. Even with only "2 other users" on my box it was still unresponsive and slow everytime I went to use it and it was even down for 4 days of the month I used the box for. I was only credited for 2 of those days despite being told that I would be credited for all 4.

You get what you pay for in the end. Spend $4 and you get $4 worth of service. Better off spending the extra money to get something worthwile.

Mikebhst
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM

Shows payment as recieved to the following:

Check your paypal email so we can resolve this dispute, you should of gotten a copy of it. And why are you using a hotmail account for a business?

Anyone thinking of paying via paypal, his paypal account is listed as "Non-U.S. - Verified" so there's no buyer/seller protection.

We never did receive the payment nor have we received a email about the dispute. Can you pm me the transaction ID and I will call paypal and tell them to resolve it for you?

And yes of course biohost is a non-us business but we are verified. As for posting full names thats not really nice of you now is it ;)

And yes there is still buyer/seller protection as long as the account is verified, please ask paypal this.

Larupia
02-28-2009, 04:04 AM
In my honest opinion Biohost rocks, I emailed them last night asking if they will offer any upgraded plans in the near future. Here's what they replied back:

In the future yes we do plan on offering more space how ever at the current time these are our upgrade rates.

$0.75 per GB on the first extra 10GB
$0.50 per GB anything over an extra 10GB

If you would like extra space please re open this ticket with how much you would like then we will create an invoice for you. Once paid the upgrade will be applied to your account.

Thank you and have a nice day.

~Biohost

The speeds are really great for me atleast, and I recently checked into outsystem and now that I've gotten this email I don't really want to leave biohost now. Really affordable for anyone, torrentflux may not be the best but otherwise it's a rock solid seedhost. I don't know why they don't advertise the upgraded HDD space, but they do offer it just merely by asking.

For a near 20 more gigs it would be only adding on like $1.25 onto your current plan, not bad.

FransTormer
02-28-2009, 11:42 AM
For a near 20 more gigs it would be only adding on like $1.25 onto your current plan, not bad.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I read something completely different than $1.25 for 20GB.

So that would be $0.75 x 10 for the first 10GB + $0.50 x 10 for the next 10GB amounting up to $12.50 for 20GB upgrade.

I dunno; maybe it was expressed wrongly by BioHost but you might wanna double-check before casually emailing them "gimma another 50GB plz!"

Larupia
02-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken but I read something completely different than $1.25 for 20GB.

So that would be $0.75 x 10 for the first 10GB + $0.50 x 10 for the next 10GB amounting up to $12.50 for 20GB upgrade.

I dunno; maybe it was expressed wrongly by BioHost but you might wanna double-check before casually emailing them "gimma another 50GB plz!"

Whoops my math is wayy off and must of read the email wrong xD Nevermind my post then.

99dmg
03-07-2009, 07:58 AM
What speeds can i expect?

respider
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Its almost 3 days that I paid and no answer from them.
2 open tickets and nothing.

The payment is confirmed and received this 2-3 days ago:

"Note: This email will serve as an official receipt for this payment.
~Biohost"

Less than 6 hours setup time?
I hope I get a setup soon or a refund.
Or else will need to open a dispute :(

Grizwald
03-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Grizwald I don't understand any of the downtime that you speak of, you can view the uptime of all of our servers here,

http://www.biohost.info/status/

ROFL my account was completely unresponsive for several days at a time.

Doesn't matter now, I found a decent seedbox provider somewhere else.