PDA

View Full Version : Help getting a kimsufi box

nbo
01-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Ok so after some debating i realize that i need to get a real server.
I need to maintain good ratio on some trackers due to slow upload speed but I also need root axx and im trying to keep my costs low so I decided im gonna get a kimsufi direct despite the fact that i live in the US

so im wondering what i need exactly to get the box, lets say i want to get one from ovh.fr is all i need a credit card that is registered to a french address? is that enough?

thanks

viper151
01-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Unfortunately no.
You'll need a french mobile number and a french house in order ovh to sent you a letter at home :)

apextwin146
01-29-2009, 06:41 AM
So which reseller is the cheapest one rite now for Kim L

nbo
01-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Unfortunately no.
You'll need a french mobile number and a french house in order ovh to sent you a letter at home :)

thanks, can you be more specific?
what do they send and how can they know if i live there or if i get what they send?

H&K
01-29-2009, 10:54 AM
From memory you'll need either a french mobile number or a french address. When i registered mine i only needed a UK mobile number to confirm a code they sent me in a SMS. The UK address was never used to verify anything.

erax
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
and you will need a french wife too

Rilly
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
i have a french wife - didn't help me :(

............ well.. with OVH at least

nbo
01-30-2009, 03:32 AM
wait so if i have just a french number i can order it? obviously i will still need a credit card with a french address as well, right?

mr.Dman
01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
And you will need to have the letter sent to your french address to.
That will have number for you to use in the setup to.

Sanka113
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Basically, there's not really a way for someone thats not in an ovh country to get ovh unless they're going through a reseller. Unless you've got some friends that can help you out your only option is a reseller. There's been several sites that have opened up as OVH resellers. Most are selling them for at least 25% profit.

nbo
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
no ovh seller is selling for only 25% profit, most of them are looking to make close to 100% profit....

in fact i do have a friend who lives in france, he just doesnt know much about it so i want to give him all the info.

are you sure about them sending a letter to your house to confirm? that means that once you order the ovh box till you actually get it can take days, sounds strange to me.