PDA

View Full Version : What is goin on....?

jasperr
01-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Ya know......As i was looking at a lot of the recent threads here at FST, i couldn't help but wonder what is going on with the torrent community lately. It seems like there are a lot of people that seriously think that they are owed something!??:pinch:

There are people expressing serious concern over a delayed skin on one site, the fact that another site is giving away invites in their own irc channel..??:blink: .. Also there has been expressed disappointments ob another site, and some lame attempts to out and ruin countless other sites(like that would happen)... It just appears that the attitude has really changed towards trakers and it's not a healthy change.. You see people, it's a privlage to be a member at a tracker, not a right!! most of you just don't get that... :frusty:

based on the tone and stupidity of a lot of these recent posts, users here feel like they own a part of a tracker and deserve dividends like stock.. Let me re assure you .... thats not the case!.. You can and will be bumped from a trcaker at any given time, and without reason or warning... KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!! staff at trackers do not need to explain a damm thing to anyone.. Despite how wronged a user thinks they were done.. People need to get some lives .. REAL ONES!

Lovestoned
01-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Everyone has their own point of views, and sometimes staffs do not see a need to change anything if everyone is keeping mum.

A tracker only improves when the members actually point out what is not really right, if they're correct then the staffs will amend changes for the better.

Funkin'
01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Great post.

dragoi92
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Despite how wronged a user thinks they were done.. People need to get some lives .. REAL ONES!

U are right my friend

NippleCake
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
you talk truth. I dont know what has happened, but on an overall level bittorrent is losing its community here. people fighting about sites and flaming them. I think people take trackers for granted, if there was only one tracker i think everyones attitude would be different

vic
01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Sooo wrong, lately too many new trackers were opened that sites are begging for new users that actually use the tracker and leech the content.

And yes staff have to answer to their users ( not here on FST ), despite all the hard work and time they spend on the site they still have to answer their users questions. nobody said staffing is an easy job.

jasperr
01-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Sooo wrong, lately too many new trackers were opened that sites are begging for new users that actually use the tracker and leech the content.
And yes staff have to answer to their users ( not here on FST ), despite all the hard work and time they spend on the site they still have to answer their users questions. nobody said staffing is an easy job.

how is what i said wrong?? .... its absolutely correct! the fact that people think they are gonna out due other already well established trackers is absurd... and that's why they fail.... but, this is totally irrelevant to the topic anyways... :blink:

and no staff at trackers do not! that's my point here... in reallity, tracker staff don't owe anyone anything... and can do what they want... you as a member do not have to like it.. but, thats the bottom line!

Villalltheway
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Yea have to agree think its pretty pathetic how people seem to complain over lame things about the stylesheets on trackers.

stoi
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
And yes staff have to answer to their users ( not here on FST )

that bit there is what it is all about.

Ok i will defend my/our corner if anyone says different, but we very rarely ban people for having an opinion, only if it gets out of hand will we ban them, bloody hell we very rarely warn people, but I will defend the decision till the cows come home lol

But airing your grievances on a public site is just wrong i think, what does it have to do with most members here, or guests that can view these threads if they are not members.

jasperr
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Everyone has their own point of views, and sometimes staffs do not see a need to change anything if everyone is keeping mum.

A tracker only improves when the members actually point out what is not really right, if they're correct then the staffs will amend changes for the better.

tracker staff don't have to change anything either way here.... that's a fact! However, most staff will listen if a member talks to them with valid pionts and reason.. NOT, when people get all pissy and start crying in public forums such as this..
one person tried that recently about a skin at a prominent site.. and the bottom line was that members were basically told TOUGH SHIT, DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE... (thats my wording) but, that is pretty much how the thread ended..

And yes staff have to answer to their users ( not here on FST )that bit there is what it is all about.

Ok i will defend my/our corner if anyone says different, but we very rarely ban people for having an opinion, only if it gets out of hand will we ban them, bloody hell we very rarely warn people, but I will defend the decision till the cows come home lol

But airing your grievances on a public site is just wrong i think, what does it have to do with most members here, or guests that can view these threads if they are not members.

Agreed

Villalltheway
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
And yes staff have to answer to their users ( not here on FST )that bit there is what it is all about.

On the most i would agree with you, but there are certain trackers that i am on that are just looking far any excuse to ban people.

jasperr
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
On the most i would agree with you, but there are certain trackers that i am on that are just looking far any excuse to ban people.

i don't think that they look for an excuse... or that they are in a search to banning anyone.. those sites literally practice what i'm talking about.. they run shit, so who are you the user (whom THEY, allow to be there) to question what they do..? just leech and be quiet or leave.. that's a bit extreme, i'll agree but thats how they roll ....

puckface
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
13 year old kids is what happened.

Villalltheway
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM

i don't think that they look for an excuse... or that they are in a search to banning anyone.. those sites literally practice what i'm talking about.. they run shit, so who are you the user (whom THEY, allow to be there) to question what they do..? just leech and be quiet or leave.. that's a bit extreme, i'll agree but thats how they roll ....

I agree and thats what i do, but im just giving a reason why people would come to such places like fst and talk about their greviences with a tracker.

jasperr
01-29-2009, 03:27 PM

:01::01::01::01::01:

NippleCake
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM

worst thing is they seem to be the eldest nowadays :dabs:

vic
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM

how is what i said wrong?? .... its absolutely correct! the fact that people think they are gonna out due other already well established trackers is absurd... and that's why they fail.... but, this is totally irrelevant to the topic anyways... :blink:

and no staff at trackers do not! that's my point here... in reallity, tracker staff don't owe anyone anything... and can do what they want... you as a member do not have to like it.. but, thats the bottom line!

"Well established trackers" was not what i was talking about.

It's trackers like ScL and others that play with their users is my problem and a lot others. Not that it's got anything to do with FST but yea it's a torrent community and issues like that are brought up to discussion, you can chose if you want to reply on these threads or ignore them.

basilhaydens
01-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I blame torrent problems on:

1) Elitist fools that make up community tracker staff/members.
2) Seedboxers. It takes all the effort out of torrents and encourages people to seed on several sites and just download whatever is uploaded.
3) Antitraders. The majority of traders are not going to do any more harm to a site than you are, so get over it with the false sense of fears, which really relates back to #1 more than any claimed security concern.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Everyone ,whether it be a member of a torrent site or a stranger on the street is owed courtesy and a reasonable reply to a reasonable question .
If certain staff are incapable of seeing that then I suggest that annoying or immature members aren't the only ones who have no business being there.

MSF
01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
welcome to FST

pentomato
01-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Well if staff can do as they wish, they will stay alone, because sooner or later, the users will leave as they wish too.

jasperr
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM

Everyone ,whether it be a member of a torrent site or a stranger on the street is owed courtesy and a reasonable reply to a reasonable question .
If certain staff are incapable of seeing that then I suggest that annoying or immature members aren't the only ones who have no business being there.

No one is owed anything... not in the streets, not in the torrent world, nor even by government standards!... However, most issues are Reasonably solved and answers given... more often than not, it's the users that either don't comprehend, don't want to hear, or don't like the answers given.. That's one half of it .. and on the other side of the coin some staff at trackers can be hostile in nature depending on the issue.. That can be a gamble.. but, the vast majority of the time issues/matters get solved without incident and in a friendly matter ...

DV8type
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Nice 1st post. One of the main reasons i dont post much here anymore.

puckface
01-29-2009, 11:17 PM
i misread