PDA

View Full Version : Hosting.ie poor upload speeds !!!!!!

peugeottech
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok i have got a dedicated server from hosting.ie
specs

Intel Core2 Duo 2x1,8
2x320 GB of HDD disk ( set in RAID 0 )
2 GB of RAM
Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)
1Gbit Switch Port
linux ubuntu 64 bit

now a big thanks to NG on here for setting it up for me he is a great lad
we couldnt get utorrent to work so went for ktorrent. The problem i have is my upload speeds now down they are great i have hit 36 MB/s http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/style_emoticons/Xmas/tongue.gif but when uploading at the same time the speeds dont go over 1 MB/s even when i have fully downloaded the file
i downloaded i blueray movie and was the 2nd seed on it and i was connected to 26 seeds out of 30 but my upload speeds would not go over 1 MB/s http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/style_emoticons/Xmas/sad.gif now being an uploader its going to be hard work
now before i was on a windows setup with this server and was uploading at 4 MB/s on a big game and i had alot of seedboxes on me it just didnt want to go up anymore
any insight in to this would be great as im still new to linux
thanks http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/style_emoticons/Xmas/smile.gif

erax
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
did you check ktorrent Settings !

use google to setup what you need , but by surfing the web and irc you can get what you need

peugeottech
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
i did check all the settings and they all seem good i have been looking around and looks like others have been having the same problem on the 1gig box ( windows or linux with RAID 0 or without )
my downspeeds are great but up speeds crap
if i upload a game ect on a site and get a few 100 meg boxes jump on me i cannot get over about 4 MB/s
so either the box aint good or i just dont know what im doing :blink:

erax
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
could you ask the lady to setup Flux or utorrent

you have two options and try them

peugeottech
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
i did try utorrent on this box the first time i had it on linux i think hosting.ie must just cap the upspeed their end :( thats how it feels anyway
i have done what i can and i just dont know where to turn next

solaris
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
sounds like a dodgy wine install check the version of wine since you are with 64 bit ubuntu i think it installs

the wine 1.1.1

upgrade your wine to 1.1.7

erax
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
i had Wine many probs with Cent 4.4 , even it had taken 1 hour from the Cent's support team to fix all the Bugs in my server

Cent 4 was a crap even the fonts of utorrent can't be shown when y use any GPU , but by surfing google i had fixed it
it's a amazing when you fix your owen probs and take a step by step to learn Linux family :)

peugeottech
01-31-2009, 12:27 AM
i have tryed other clients k torrent ect and the upspeeds still suck so i think hosting.ie must just cap your upload speeds :( it must be that as i have tryed windows without RAID and now linux with RAID and still have the same speeds i so wish i didnt get this now

boxer
01-31-2009, 12:42 AM
sounds strange

I have 2 boxes from them and one of them gives me about 22MB up if I push it to top

and other one 18-20 MB both on gbit channel

Did you ask them to check your server ?

peugeottech
01-31-2009, 01:01 AM
yes i did but they dont seem that intrested maybe coz i only have support level 1 ?
i dont mind paying them to get this sorted out as i had a kim 100 meg box and got better speeds with that one
the downspeeds are good but the up sucks
do you still have a 1 gig line with them now?

solaris
01-31-2009, 06:52 AM
i dont think they are capping speeds may be you have done something wrong in the

config

Valoo
01-31-2009, 09:05 AM
peugeottech, where did you make your tests ? it's definitively possible on some trackers to not be able to get more than 4MB/s !

peugeottech
01-31-2009, 09:28 AM
peugeottech, where did you make your tests ? it's definitively possible on some trackers to not be able to get more than 4MB/s !

i used BCG , TL , and SCT all had poor upload speeds SCT had the best download speed hitting 35 MB/s so thats sweet but when uploading it sucked
i may just have to pay for level 2 service as i have done what i can and some good guys have helped me but still no go , you would think if i can download fast i could upload fast thats whats making me think they have capped the upspeed ect
like i said i may just pay for the next level of support and poss try ubuntu desktop and get them to set it all up
i just wasnt sure as its part of keyweb and they dont like P2P if they were capping the server their end?
i dont know what to do im lost :frusty:

salahnasser
01-31-2009, 11:43 PM
i got the same problem with thim
they are just a wast of money
i spent 500 usd on 3mb upload speed!!!

pplush259
02-01-2009, 10:04 AM
lol, 50$ kimsufis give 5-8MB always. hosting ie users have problems on few servers due to their routing from difference locations. Some have incredible peering and some have pathetic. However, like others said , it wud be a good idea to recheck the box setup.