PDA

View Full Version : What Trackers Are Worth 2.0? | Quality vs. Rarity

central2rbay
01-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Good Afternoon FST,

More out of curiosity and of course interest, I decided to compile a post\poll on deriving the greater community opinion over which, 0-Day Trackers w. Rare files & Packs, offer best Quality of content.

How shall we define Qualitative Qualities?:
- Torrent Content
- Community Dedication (i.e. Speeds, Availability)
- Site Structure, Layout, Composition
- Site Content
- Forum Community
- Staff

I've limited voting choices to the original, dark red tracker type category from the What Trackers Are Worth post in the Trader's Forum. And why the limit, well aside from casting your votes, I'd also like to ask or request something else from the FST community. To add "Quality" to this post, I'd also like those casting votes to consider this and post replies accordingly: While thinking about your highest quality voted tracker site above, think about what tracker sites (known, unknown, up & coming) are to par with your voted site? Post simply the site itself, or even better, thoughts on why your "unknown" site is simply to par? And given the voting choices are limited, by all means if a site is worthy of voting slot (period), mention it!

*Note: Due to a limited # of voting fields, I've included trackers from the low-mid to mid-high level range.
*Vote based upon personal experience

In light of the GFT rush... I figure, there must be other trackers deserving a mention of quality :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch all, and looking forward to your votes/posts.

killercam101
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
bitsoup is the greatest..close this thread!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Noreply.filenetworks/R-oxibViO-I/AAAAAAAAAVg/wfbaMVg5vbo/bitsoup_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/Noreply.filenetworks/R-oxibViO-I/AAAAAAAAAVg/wfbaMVg5vbo/bitsoup_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg
I hate to tell i told ya so..but i told ya so

Koja
01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
there should be another topic " what track are wroth " , but level goes to best Content pre times etc rather than the most rare , but if you wants to make one it will not go by voting style .

slymester
01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Where's Bitsoup in the poll?
It's the best in terms of rarity and quality ;)

yevgeny
01-31-2009, 06:44 PM
tl

Di@monds
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
damn not another what is bs again

bonmar
01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
FTN :|
but between them: TL

Albo Da Kid
01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Gft...It's simply the best

LJ.
01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd say GFT, but they are not in the list so i'd vote for SCC.

PS: How the fuck can you vote for tl

Swift
01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
what ? no pirate bay ? :(

NippleCake
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
seeing as the poll was entitled "What Tracker provides best Quality to you?" i ended up voting for norbits because sct, scc, scl, tl etc. are scene trackers, and scene is knwon to gernerally be of an inferior quality than non-scene releases. I voted norbits because they have a great selection of movies and they are always good quality for me

Albo Da Kid
01-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Edit the Poll please. There's a lot of people here who want to vote for Gft, Bitsoup and Tbp

r3volut1onx
01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
and the winner is sct

puckface
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
No HDBits=Bunk Poll

:)

But for real I would say SCC

FileZ
01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
TL is the king of trackers

NippleCake
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
No HDBits=Bunk Poll

:)

But for real I would say SCC

yep hdbits certainly is the king for quality. If i had made my decision not on the quality aspect i would have stated SCC too :01:

benficao
01-31-2009, 08:34 PM
how about the looks award?

theres some really pretty ones...

alcoholik
01-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Tl :)

mrnobody
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
quality = dedicated non scene trackers

scene trackers = quantity, pretime

teresckova
01-31-2009, 10:18 PM
tl i think it has all,except no comunity...more like city

ovisan
01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
I am on only 3 trackers from your list bruv, but I will choose TL... Probably cause I m in there for long tine. Also TL has got everything that a p2p user would want from a tracker. My advice: get int TL if you are not in yet, invites are everywhere.

Cheers

noAxx
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
I too am only on few of the aforementioned trackers. Seeing that there was no "Other" option, my vote was for iTS.

The community is decent enough and the staff responsive, but for me it was a torrent issue. They don't have an overwhelming selection, but the AFR rips look better than the stuff I find on most sites. And I am quite fond of the collection system. Besides, how can you not give credit to a ratioless tracker that holds awesome competitions?

In terms of superior trackers, the ones I like better don't have higher quality per say, just more selection. Sites like KG have more robust archives for me to select films from. Of course, being larger trackers, such sites are well known enough that I need not elaborate further on them.

Aliyans
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
this guy chose trackers where he is members of, i think..if so this poll should be for him only

FACE_TO_FACE
02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Tl

Brenya
02-01-2009, 03:34 AM
people are only going to chose a tracker to which they belong. this poll won't be too accurate, central2rbay, because larger trackers will be given weight. i chose demonoid... oh wait...

Funkin'
02-01-2009, 04:59 AM
IPT by far. But since it's not on the list, I'll go with TL.

central2rbay
02-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Evening All,

Appreciate the many responses and of course votes! :D

In truth, my intentions included a handful of things. By no means was I trying to capture the best mid-level trackers for vote, as it certainly would be difficult with 12 slots, rather I simply wanted to create artificial quality levels derived from the Dark Red (0-day trackers with rare files and packs) Tracker Category from the original What Trackers Are Worth post. I realize perhaps many trackers could have been used on the voting list of 12, but in truth, my intentions were not to show voting results from a generic list that I, one user, created :pinch:.

I wanted people to think of those 12 as a range, or perhaps call it a spectrum of quality in their eyes, vote accordingly (regardless of it being or not being their favorite), and then post. The post from each user was where I hoped to pull the most meat off the bone (i.e. results). I wanted people to think in a sense of - here's where my choice falls, now what other sites do I know of (known, not so known, up and coming, etc) that can be classified as such. Even when members mention sites that "should have been" on the list - that's great to read because that's exactly what I was hoping to have.

My intentions - To create open discussion around this spectrum of quality, and hopefully see some discussion around lesser mainstream trackers.

Thanks again for the posts all!

respawn40
02-01-2009, 05:24 AM
central, would you happen to be a productive person? This topic is similar to another I've seen.

Cabalo
02-01-2009, 05:34 AM
central, would you happen to be a productive person? This topic is similar to another I've seen.
again we think the same... i was thinking: damn, where did i read this before :huh:
is this signature familiar to you: When persons prevent their emotions from overtaking their rationality, it is called reason. When persons prevent their rationality from overtaking their emotions, it is called compassion. When persons can do both, it is called wisdom!

my thoughts are pretty simple on this issue:
rarity is important for trading
Quality is important for the other ones (though of course traders want it)

my favourite tracker of all time is TL. Contents wise.
as for the "rare" ones, i value a lot FSC, as it is something... different, a whole lot different and unique.
as for the community ones, i value FST, CFS and Xtremesystems.

Detale
02-01-2009, 05:55 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yeah this will go somewhere good.

sharkleech
02-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Just TL and SCT, it's all you need!

Sanka113
02-01-2009, 07:06 AM
My number one priority in a tracker is content. The scene releases at TL in addition to their own releases make it pretty awesome.

integral
02-01-2009, 07:19 AM
"Content" doesn't really mean much to me, since that huge 22000+ torrent number is stuff I am never going to download. The stupid "if u only had 1 trakcer" argument doesn't apply, since it's not a valid hypothetical.

That being said, if we're talking strictly files (not forums, community etc), for the new stuff I'm going to use SCC. Fastest pres, non-draconian seeding rules, easier to seed back, end of story. For old stuff, I'll request it on a smaller tracker, with more personal, dedicated uploaders.

RizKhan25000
02-01-2009, 07:29 AM
It looks like certain people are trying to boost about some particular sites while at the same time neglecting others. I just can't believe look at the following list and decide yourself-were the following trackers not worthy enough to be included in the polls?
1.Demonoid.com
2.Zamunda.net
3.Bitsoup.org
4.Torrentbytes.net

It is unfair that is what I can think. All the trackers included in the polls are good trackers but leaving out the above mentioned trackers leads to the only conclusion that "the thread is biased".

Sanka113
02-01-2009, 07:40 AM
It's not biased it just wasn't thought out that we'll. The thread would be more effective it were just a discussion thread. If the OP was looking for solid evidence of what the "best" tracker there is to this community then of course he'd have to make a giant poll with every tracker known to man, woman, and dog on here. There's a lot of threads like that in forums. Such as, the best song ever, the best letter ever, the best number ever, etc. Word choice is very important in making a thread.

wangdoodle
02-01-2009, 08:09 AM
SCC, the best and fastest tracker in the world!

Why it gets me positively wet just talking about it!

central2rbay
02-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Understand gang, and will take all of your comments into consideration while mapping out a plan. I'm going to close this thread for the time being, and think of a better way to capture this quality spectrum in a more effective way.

Appreciate the posts everyone!

hoodeh
02-01-2009, 08:31 AM
This poll isn't right.
Firstly it should have more trackers to be accurate, and even then it wouldn't be worth much since you would need everybody to have every tracker to be able to judge which is best.
Because how can you know unless you have them all? This poll just tells us most voters have TL.. :rolleyes:

Detale
02-01-2009, 08:58 AM
There can never be a very accurate poll. People download and prefer different things about a tracker. Also not all members have accts at all these sites and so cannot vote for them.

Closed at users request