PDA

View Full Version : An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

hoodeh
02-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Hello fellow leechers! :happy:

Here is an great technique that will drastically help you improve your ratio, because you won't even be downloading from the tracker! It's called preseeding or outside seeding and works great! :D

This is how it's done:

Step 1 : Go to the browse page of your tracker, and sort the torrents by "leechers" (it can also be an "L" or sometimes a thumb or arrow pointing down).

Step 2 : This is the most important step, you must choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers, but not too many seeders, so for instance a torrent with 200 leechers and 24 seeders would be much better than a torrent with 400 leechers and 600 seeders. What you want is a torrent with a very low S/L ratio.
Now you also want to make sure that the torrent you choose is not specific to this tracker. It must be findable somewhere else. Usually files are found on many different trackers, except of course the exclusive packs/releases.

Step 3: Now you want to find the same file, but from another tracker. It is very important to make sure that both files are EXACTLY the same. To check, look at the name of the release, which must be unchanged, as well as the size of the file and number of files.
Usually trackers will allow you to see the full list of files for a release, so that won't be hard to check.
Once you have made sure both files were the same, you can download it from that second tracker.

Edit :Step 4: After downloading the file, you have two possibilities:
1- If your upload rate is slow and you need to improve your ratio in a short time frame, like sometimes when trackers give you a couple of days to save your account, then you can choose to pause the torrent (pause or stop button depending on the tracker). Don't forget to restart it once your ratio on the other tracker has improved.

2- If you don't have a short time frame to save your ratio, then you can let it seed.

Step 5: Go back to the tracker where you want a ratio boost, and download the torrent you originally chose and downloaded from that second tracker. When added to your client, a window may pop-up to ask you if you want to merge the files or replace them or something like that, say yes.
My client doesn't ask me anything, but I know utorrent does. Your client will then verify the integrity of the file, and if both files were exactly the same (if you dindn't screw up step 3, that is :P), it will start seeding!

You will then watch your ratio improve much faster than usual, since you won't even have downloaded anything from the tracker! :happy:

Hope this helped :)

Happy seeding,

H.

chiquiloco
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
thanks man

IdolEyes787
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I wonder what would happen if everyone choose to do that?

ChUt
02-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I think this should be immediately removed man

0control
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM

You always have to get the torrent from another tracker so in theory nothing will change. Though that is probably not reality.

elya9
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
THe best solution is getting a seedbox which also is inline with the community spirit of sharing

hoodeh
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I think this should be immediately removed man

:pinch: Did I say something wrong? I'd like to remind you that outside seeding is allowed in most trackers, and if it isn't, then it just won't work. Read your tracker's faq to know or ask in the irc if it has one.
I know TL allows it for instance and most trackers do ;)

THe best solution is getting a seedbox which also is inline with the community spirit of sharing

Yeah that's a good solution, although I was aiming for something more... Free :P

stoi
02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
So where are you going to get it from TPB, you could have downloaded it and seeded back on the tracker before you do that.

Nothing new here, move along (crap thread tbh)

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
So where are you going to get it from TPB, you could have downloaded it and seeded back on the tracker before you do that.

Well TPB would be a last resort, I personally get the files quickly from other private trackers where my ratio is better. Trust me, it's an easier way to improve your ratio than downloading and seeding the file back to the same tracker. ;)

Nothing new here, move along (crap thread tbh)

Well I understand that you are an old member of this board and didn't need my help, but if this doesn't help you it may however help others, so why not be respectful at the least? :ermm:

stoi
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Well it is common sense, if they dont know about this, then they dont deserve to be a member of a private tracker.

and if you have got a shit upload, it will still take you ages to get a good ratio.

This is more for helping the initial seeders out and getting it to the leechers quicker, than personal gain on your crappy ratio.

threads like this make me want to puke. so much for community, its all fucking self self self.

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Well it is common sense, if they dont know about this, then they dont deserve to be a member of a private tracker.

That's a really sorry thing to say. Not everybody understands everything without help, stoi... :dry:

and if you have got a shit upload, it will still take you ages to get a good ratio.

If you have a bad upload, it will be hard to keep a good ratio. But outside seeding will get you there faster than downloading and seeding from the same tracker. It's just common sense.

threads like this make me want to puke. so much for community, its all fucking self self self.
:blink: wow you are really taking this personnaly.
Let me just say this:
Outside seeding isn't selfish at all, you are helping the community by seeding files. Also, the fact that the point is to improve your ratio to be able to download more, you will also help the community later by leeching files.
So I really don't see why are you are so negative about this.
Is it because you own a tracker? Let me tell you that this doesn't hurt trackers at all. Think about it. ;)

And why not be a little less agressive in your posts? Would that hurt you? :ermm:

KFlint
02-03-2009, 01:51 AM
nothing new here indeed, not sure it something that should be teach to new comers, let them figure out themselves

it might be ok to me to use this method if you have a bad ratio and need to save your ass, otherwise, that's not really community friendly as you are making it harder for those who downloaded the files on the site to seed back

i know many people end up doing it to build a ratio on site like waffles and what, getting appz on other sites with easy to maintain ratio

Cabalo
02-03-2009, 04:19 AM
this thread is a perfect how-not-to.
ROFL.
You suggest hit n' run in the first site to seed at the second.

(mental reminder: do not invite this guy ever to any site.)

pone44
02-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Yes this is very old information.

It would suck! I would think-half seeded files.

Skiz
02-03-2009, 05:33 AM
No idea why this was ever approved for Guides....

Moved to Bittorrent.

7th
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
My 2 cents...

Well, the only big problem in this "how-to" is that your h&running another tracker for the sake of another one.

The truth is: most of you don't even know what it means to have a slow upload connection and try to survive in a tracker like BitmeTV or TL for example. And just say "forget it, you'll never be able to seed anything" is quite easy.

What I used to do when I had slow up connection is almost the same thing the poster advised here, with one major difference: actually we have most of the big torrents seeded in RAR and you don't need to download the entire torrent to seed it. So I used to grab like 5 to 10% of really big torrents and just seed it back to the tracker. This way, I downloaded lots of little files I would never really use.

Don't know if it still there but BitmeTV used to have a guide saying almost the same things.

My real opinion? I don't thing the poster had any bad intention creating this thread. You "staff and flawless users" are always asking newcomers to help this community. When they try with what they have (not always an awesome idea or tip) you are real fast to come and flame it instead of fast and simply argue that there is a better way for doing something or that it is just wrong.

I was not born torrenting. I don't know everything about it (far from this) and I'm "sure" learning something new almost everytime I come to this nice forum... while other attitudes I just can't understand.

enviouz
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
how can it be considered hit and running if you have it seeding onboth trackers?

7th
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
how can it be considered hit and running if you have it seeding onboth trackers?

If you're doing this because you have slow upload connection, you won't be able to seed in both trackers... That's why it is a hit&run. You're taking something from a open tracker to seed somewhere else.

enviouz
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM

If you're doing this because you have slow upload connection, you won't be able to seed in both trackers... That's why it is a hit&run. You're taking something from a open tracker to seed somewhere else.

that makes sense. i guess i had the assumption that you were speaking of traditional hit and runs.

example: downloading from one tracker and immidiately stoping it to seed in another tracker (traditional h&r). as opposed to downloading from say tracker #1 (say it has zero to very few other leeches) and leaving it seeding while also seeding on tracker #2 with a large number of leeches. of course this second scenario is EXTREMELY unlikely.

ty for clearing up what you meant tho. cheers :)

P.S. i still say part seeding is the best way to boost ratio. part of this "guide" can be used for that tho. but only the tip on arranging by number of leechers and looking at the seed to leech ratio.

Sanka113
02-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Last time i checked hit n running is when you stop seeding on a torrent without any intention of even seeding it.

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
this thread is a perfect how-not-to.
ROFL.

(mental reminder: do not invite this guy ever to any site.)

--> original post edited

I made this thread in order to help beginner torrenters, then it's up to them to use it responsibly. If people decide to just hit and run on a tracker where it's not allowed or don't seed enough, well they will then assume the consequences of their lack of responsibility and get banned from that tracker.

Cabalo, Isn't a community, among other things, a place where you share knowledge with people?
Is this the way you welcome new members here? With that kind of sarcastic and unrespectful "sense of humour"?

My real opinion? I don't thing the poster had any bad intention creating this thread. You "staff and flawless users" are always asking newcomers to help this community. When they try with what they have (not always an awesome idea or tip) you are real fast to come and flame it instead of fast and simply argue that there is a better way for doing something or that it is just wrong.

I was not born torrenting. I don't know everything about it (far from this) and I'm "sure" learning something new almost everytime I come to this nice forum... while other attitudes I just can't understand.

Wow :blink: Somebody actually came to this thread with no intention to light it on fire.
I am truly amazed. :mellow:
Thank you.

H.

jasperr
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
this practice is also known as pre-seeding .... which most trackers do not have rules against.. but, its really frowned upon.. personally, i feel its a cheat on the tracker.. many trackers have uploaders that work hard to make sure a tracker has the the new releases up as fast as they can.. note: not all trackers have auto uploaders.. with that said, doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts... it discourages them from wanting to upload anyfurther, which hurts the tracker in the end... and for what?? so some lazy person can make their e-penis grow?? thats one of my pet peives! and you really must be a lamer to think you have to do this.. all it shows is that your a lazy torrenter!

doesn't matter if you have a slow connection.. thats an excuse not a reason as many, many users of tracker can get good ratios by seeding normally.. it might take a bit longer.. but, its absolutely doable.. besides the fact that most tracker now-a-days have FL, Ratio Free, bonuses, ect.. to help their users with ratio if they need help.. if a users can't be bothered with taking advantage of those things proivided.. they have no business using trackers... for lack of common sense!

RizKhan25000
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
lol!
Good idea but let us refine it a bit. When you get a bad ratio on a tracker. It is simple ... stop all downloads and seed all the downloaded torrents at full speed eventually you would be able to get your ratio back. While in the meanwhile you can download your torrents at some other trackers .

It looks very aritficial to me to download from one tracker in order to upload it on another.It means double work. you have to upload the same amount of data two times one at the tracker from which you have downloaded (as good torrent ethics call for return back what you get at least 1:1) and one at the tracker on which you want to improve your ratio.

Now let us take a look from another angle ....let us suppose you have downloaded a torrent from one tracker. Now you should seed it back fully i.e at least 1:1 ratio. But you are also member of another tracker so you can use the downloaded torrent to also seed on the other tracker to help the members there. well you can't lose here it is a win win situation. you would get better ratio, better reputation and above all would help a few members when seeding. There is a slight difference between the present idea and the original idea amd I think anyone should be able to distinguish between the two.

D1zkK1ll
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
wow this is a very poor trick and i think every noob know this...
this thread is shit.. and well you can choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers but maybe thats only part leechers.. and if you have soo many time to leech this file from a other tracker for seeding on the second tracker then is this tracker veryvery slow and shit... releases should be full shared under 30minutes....

7th
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
lol!

Congrats! You got one more post! This is really funny :angry:

Lovestoned
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
This is also known as preseeding.

And is only applicable to 0day/general trackers and most of them frown on this, but not for TL I think since they're just in for the money.

RizKhan25000
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
lol!

Thanks friend return to the post again and read it once more. you have missed something:D

7th
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM

Thanks friend return to the post again and read it once more. you have missed something:D

Now it looks more like a post indeed.

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
wow this is a very poor trick and i think every noob know this...
this thread is shit.. and well you can choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers but maybe thats only part leechers.. and if you have soo many time to leech this file from a other tracker for seeding on the second tracker then is this tracker veryvery slow and shit... releases should be full shared under 30minutes....

:frusty:

Here's some piece of advice for you:
How about you go back to grammar school, learn some english grammar and spelling, maybe even have the teachers teach you some respect, and then perhaps you could come back here and expose clearly some opinions with arguments instead of waisting your time and everybody else's that read your useless posts. :dry:

this practice is also known as pre-seeding .... which most trackers do not have rules against.. but, its really frowned upon.. personally, i feel its a cheat on the tracker.. many trackers have uploaders that work hard to make sure a tracker has the the new releases up as fast as they can.. note: not all trackers have auto uploaders.. with that said, doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts... it discourages them from wanting to upload anyfurther, which hurts the tracker in the end... and for what?? so some lazy person can make their e-penis grow?? thats one of my pet peives! and you really must be a lamer to think you have to do this.. all it shows is that your a lazy torrenter!

doesn't matter if you have a slow connection.. thats an excuse not a reason as many, many users of tracker can get good ratios by seeding normally.. it might take a bit longer.. but, its absolutely doable.. besides the fact that most tracker now-a-days have FL, Ratio Free, bonuses, ect.. to help their users with ratio if they need help.. if a users can't be bothered with taking advantage of those things proivided.. they have no business using trackers... for lack of common sense!

Again, as I said to the other people that looked at this preseeding thing from such a negative angle, try to see it as a global thing, re-read my last post, and if you try to actually understand the logic of how trackers work, with the effect that a big number of users have on them, then you will see that this doesn't have any negative impact on any tracker whatsoever.
It's just plain logic.

lol!
Good idea but let us refine it a bit. When you get a bad ratio on a tracker. It is simple ... stop all downloads and seed all the downloaded torrents at full speed eventually you would be able to get your ratio back. While in the meanwhile you can download your torrents at some other trackers .

It looks very aritficial to me to download from one tracker in order to upload it on another.It means double work. you have to upload the same amount of data two times one at the tracker from which you have downloaded (as good torrent ethics call for return back what you get at least 1:1) and one at the tracker on which you want to improve your ratio.

Now let us take a look from another angle ....let us suppose you have downloaded a torrent from one tracker. Now you should seed it back fully i.e at least 1:1 ratio. But you are also member of another tracker so you can use the downloaded torrent to also seed on the other tracker to help the members there. well you can't lose here it is a win win situation. you would get better ratio, better reputation and above all would help a few members when seeding. There is a slight difference between the present idea and the original idea amd I think anyone should be able to distinguish between the two.

Now finally some positive thinking! :)
Very good idea indeed, I actually do that the other way around, by seeding it first to the tracker where my ratio needs saving, and then later to the other one where my ratio is solid. :happy:

Edit:
There is one thing though, when you say:

You forget that in the contrary this saves you some trouble. I don't think you fully understand the logic of this either. Unstead of downloading a file from 2 trackers and uploading it to those 2 trackers, you are actually only downloading it once (why bother downloading it twice since it's the same file) and still uploading to the 2 trackers, so this is not double work as you call it.

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Yes this is very old information.

It would suck! I would think-half seeded files.

lol exactly tell me something i dont know. I personally never do this but i swear some trackers dont mind if people do this and even tell u in their tutorials how to upload files that u have that are the same as files that they have.

Don't know if it still there but BitmeTV used to have a guide saying almost the same things.

U know what i was thinking the exact thing.

KFlint
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM

you can copy the files to seed them on both trackers (maybe not even necessary to copy. i don't remember)

RizKhan25000
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=hoodeh;3122785
Now finally some positive thinking! :)
Very good idea indeed, I actually do that the other way around, by seeding it first to the tracker where my ratio needs saving, and then later to the other one where my ratio is solid. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Well I would again adivse that to stop downloadding at a tracker where your ratio has gone down a bit only seed there. In the meanwhile download at some other tracker. When your ratio return to normal at the first tracker start downloading there and let the second tracker on seed only. Just don't let your ratio go down very much at a particular tracker. Think in advance!

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
well i would again adivse that to stop downloadding at a tracker where your ratio has gone down a bit only seed there. In the meanwhile download at some other tracker. When your ratio return to normal at the first tracker start downloading there and let the second tracker on seed only. Just don't let your ratio go down very much at a particular tracker. Think in advance!
+1 ;)

royalshape
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks pal, I was already using a similar strategy.

Swift
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
use ratiomaster

stoi
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
And why not be a little less agressive in your posts? Would that hurt you?

Fuck Off

is that better for you prick

hoodeh
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
And why not be a little less agressive in your posts? Would that hurt you?

Fuck Off

Wow, you sir, are pathetic :yup:

Thx for this really constructive post, you are really the kind of member this community needs... :dry:

jasperr
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Fuck Off

Wow, you sir, are pathetic :yup:

Thx for this really constructive post, you are really the kind of member this community needs... :dry:

you need to do some homework... lmao

as would see if you did he is a tracker representative.. so, taking that into consideration, i think his msg on the matter is very clear hear.. lol

and no matter how you try to rationalize this.. it's still not a acceptable to tracker staff/owners and certainly not fair to the people who actually bring in the torrents to the sites in the first place.. seems to me like you should stick with public trackers.. cause with your current position.. your heading for lots of bans if you make that a chronic habit ;)......

use ratiomaster

yeah... go ahead and use that.. lol

cheaters never get banned right?? :frusty:

Swift
02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
right :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I think this belongs somewhere else because it is more a debate about ethics than torrenting.
I'm leaning lounge myself but I'm open to opinions.

jasperr
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
true IdolEyes787...

may i suggest the trashbin ???

IdolEyes787
02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
My first thought.

hoodeh
02-04-2009, 05:31 AM
and no matter how you try to rationalize this.. it's still not a acceptable to tracker staff/owners and certainly not fair to the people who actually bring in the torrents to the sites in the first place..

You say preseeding isn't acceptable to tracker staff/owners, but I happen to know many tracker staff/owners that actually do it and promote it, so who are you speaking for?

I am not going to try and explain to you how preseeding isn't a bad thing as I already tried in vain in my previous posts.

It is pretty obvious that your idea that

doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts.

is based on nothing. :frusty:

seems to me like you should stick with public trackers.. cause with your current position.. your heading for lots of bans if you make that a chronic habit ;)......

So I should get banned from trackers because I preseed? :dry:

Again, no need to point out how this doesn't make any sense :noes:

you can copy the files to seed them on both trackers (maybe not even necessary to copy. i don't remember)

Yes that's an interesting idea, you might be able to seed a file to 2 trackers at the same time if you copy the announce adresses and pass keys to the preferences of the torrent.

That's something I haven't done though and it might be impossible, has anybody ever tried something like that?

Nemrod
02-04-2009, 05:50 AM
:w00t: Wow... after Cristopher Columbus, the biggest discoverer.
Hats off!

jasperr
02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
You say preseeding isn't acceptable to tracker staff/owners, but I happen to know many tracker staff/owners that actually do it and promote it, so who are you speaking for?

well then, i suggest you stay with them trackers that you're so happy with..

I am not going to try and explain to you how preseeding isn't a bad thing as I already tried in vain in my previous posts.

then don't....

It is pretty obvious that your idea that

doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts.

is based on nothing. :frusty:

well, i'm not about to break out the pie charts and specific stats on this, if thats what you really want :frusty:

i can tell you from personal experience and from speaking with dedicated uploaders from many trackers, and this kind of thing discourages them from making efforts to get them torrents up... and what? you do not think people spend good amounts of money, time and effort to upload to trackers... are you that ignorant?? your arrogance is disgusting on the matter.. the fact you you dismiss peoples efforts like you obviously do is really appauling .

now, you gonna tell me agian what i'm saying is based on nothing??

seems to me like you should stick with public trackers.. cause with your current position.. your heading for lots of bans if you make that a chronic habit ;)......

So I should get banned from trackers because I preseed? :dry:

Again, no need to point out how this doesn't make any sense :noes:

yes thats exactly what i'm saying ....... but as i stated before you must be way to ignorant to be able to grasp that fact

but anyways dude.... i'm done with this thread and with you... go on with your patheic exsistance and play with your dolls....

nikita
02-04-2009, 06:23 AM
The main problem of "preseeding" in my opinion is if MANY persons do it (40, 50 ...) will be almost impossible to seed back what is leeched.
But the bt community will soon prepare tougher rules against the "preseeding"

Intr4ns1t
02-04-2009, 06:31 AM

You have said as I think almost exactly. If there are 400 leechers and one seeder I can see this being a viable thing to do, as the swarm obvioulsy need assistance, but if you are making this effort for the intention of buffering, then bleh.

To get good ratios on sites there is a tried and true method that has NEVER ONCE FAILED ME, seed.

pig098
02-04-2009, 06:33 AM
easier way will be to download and seed an episode of a popular series such as Lost House Heroes etc
ofc when they come out

lysine
02-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I love to hop on scene releases on what and waffles and rape the poor guys without seedboxes. they'll be uploading at 25KB and bam, I've practically stolen all their upload ratio by uploading 10x as much as them by the time the first leech completes.

lol, some of you take this stuff too seriously.

hoodeh
02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Jasper:

I'm happy to hear you're leaving this thread as we all saw you had a hard time behaving as a civilized grown up.

I'm however going to ignore your disrespect for the sake of the tread.
I think we can both agree on one thing, which is the fact that we disagree on this preseeding matter.

Now Back to topic ;)

easier way will be to download and seed an episode of a popular series such as Lost House Heroes etc
ofc when they come out

Yes that is indeed a very good way to buffer your account, and preseeding can help you bypass the wait times on some trackers, which can be very rewarding :happy:

Cabalo
02-04-2009, 07:14 AM

i know that. but what he defended was not seeding on the first one, removing immediately the torrent.
it's a hit n' run. he even defended it later.

@OP: Stoi is a sysop of one of the major trackers in the scene, so we can both assume he has some kind of knowledge about what he is saying. I don't consider myself a noob too, i've been around ... a bit :whistling
but your "technique" is a joke, and though it can pass discretely at some trackers that do not give a shit on hit n' runs, if you ever get invited to a smaller one (which, after such a thread, i doubt it will happen easily), you will see that if you hit n' run there, you won't last long.

redMonster
02-04-2009, 07:36 AM
The way he had written the post in big letters, I thought this is a new techinique.

But, alas. :(

7th
02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I love to hop on scene releases on what and waffles and rape the poor guys without seedboxes. they'll be uploading at 25KB and bam, I've practically stolen all their upload ratio by uploading 10x as much as them by the time the first leech completes.

not much friendly to the sense of "sharing" I would say. :frusty:

I guess you have a really buffered account and your ratio going to the sky for 'what'? In the end you 'pay' for seedbox just to make your ego grows (in most cases), while others don't use it and still have access to the same files as you do.

Ironically you say that we take it too seriously? You're the one with the seedbox :mellow:

Now Back to topic ;)

Man, you should know when to stop. :unsure:

Rafa
02-04-2009, 11:51 AM

LOL of course we take this stuff too seriously... rather than pay a stupid seedbox, I'd spend my sweaty money on drinks, drugs and sex :whistling

Now back to topic, where are the news here?

raghuveer
02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
i have been doing this trick for months,thanks for sharing it in a good spirit

lysine
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
not much friendly to the sense of "sharing" I would say. :frusty:

the simple solution to that problem would be to rip and upload your own discs. if you're uploading something that other people have access to, some of them are going to seed it with you.

I guess you have a really buffered account and your ratio going to the sky for 'what'?

can't reach TorrentMaster on what without 500GB uploaded.

Ironically you say that we take it too seriously? You're the one with the seedbox :mellow:

try being stuck with a 512kbps/128kbps connection and see if you would use one...

hoodeh
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
but your "technique" is a joke, and though it can pass discretely at some trackers that do not give a shit on hit n' runs, if you ever get invited to a smaller one (which, after such a thread, i doubt it will happen easily), you will see that if you hit n' run there, you won't last long.

Outside seeding doesn't necessarily imply hit and run.
You can seed the file back to the tracker before seeding it elsewhere, like advised RizKhan25000, or seed it back to tracker after seeding it elsewhere. You might even be able to seed it to both trackers at once, I'll try that later and probably edit the original post.
Has anyone ever tried doing that?
I'd like to hear some feedback on this. I'm thinking there might be different ways to do it. It could maybe even be possible to merge both trackers in the torrent in your client by having both passkeys and tracker announce adresses in it, but I might be wrong.

Tbh I have done a couple hit and runs here and there, I try not to as much as I can, but I don't get a guilty conscience from it either.
Seriously, if your ratio is positive on the tracker, you are already giving back to the community more than you are taking from it.
Think about it, if everyone has a good ratio on the tracker, then hit and runs don't matter...
I'm not going to promote hit and runs, but I really don't think they're that big of a deal either, and many trackers agree since they allow them.

Having a good ratio is what's really important here, and preseeding let's you do that.

I really think you should look at it from a different angle, instead of looking for the negative here.

For what it's worth, I really made this thread with good intentions, to help people share more actively and keep a good ratio. Again, I really think preseeding can be a good thing, and some of you have been very agressive here trying to destroy this thread with negativity, which I really think is uncalled for. You have a right not to agree, but why be angry or mean about it? It's not very constructive... :unsure:

I'd also really be interested in knowing if anybody ever succeeded in seeding a file to 2 different trackers at the same time, so I can edit the original post. :)

i have been doing this trick for months,thanks for sharing it in a good spirit

You're welcome! :happy:

A good day to all,

H.

Time-Traveller
02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd also really be interested in knowing if anybody ever succeeded in seeding a file to 2 different trackers at the same time, so I can edit the original post. :)

For sure you can you'll have a torrent file for each of the trackers you want to seed on and they'll be pointing to the same source file on your hdd

Cabalo
02-04-2009, 09:56 PM

I'm seeding the same file at 4 different trackers ATM, simultaneously.
you clearly should read around here a bit more before trying to post advice.
i don't question if your intentions were good or bad, but it's just plain wrong, being done the way you defended.
Which was, i will summarise:

a) download torrent from site A
b) stop and delete torrent from site A
c) download .torrent from site B and seed those files

meaning hit n' run site A for the benefit of site B.

you ask me: do you agree? i say: hell no. It's plain wrong.

hoodeh
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM

For sure you can you'll have a torrent file for each of the trackers you want to seed on and they'll be pointing to the same source file on your hdd

Yeah for some reason I always thought it would screw something up or not work properly. Well this gets rid of the hit and run issue :)
--> Original post edited ;)

a) download torrent from site A
b) stop and delete torrent from site A
c) download .torrent from site B and seed those files

meaning hit n' run site A for the benefit of site B.

you ask me: do you agree? i say: hell no. It's plain wrong.

I edited the original post. I think it doesn't have to be that bad though if it's done temporarily, that is by saving the hit and run later(see the post)

CPC464
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
this is a technique that almost everyone here has used in some form or another - usuallly without H&R - and if they say they haven't then i would say they are lying.

i don't believe in hit and running and never do. when i had poor upload speed 90kbps. what ever i downloaded from one tracker usually tl i would also seed at all other tracker that had the same torrent. as i usually seed each torrent for at least a couple of months more often than not i would seed 1:1 on the original tracker and boost ratio on the others.

the best way to boost ratio is to be patient and seed seed seed for as long as possible

stoi
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
I apologize for my outburst earlier.

But my point still stands, if you are doing it just for your e-penis ratio its wrong.

If you are doing it to help the seeders and the leechers then great, i dont care about it, that is why we will never stop it, because it can be a help, but if you are only doing it for the 1st reason, then to me you may as well not do it at all.

CPC464
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I apologize for my outburst earlier.

But my point still stands, if you are doing it just for your e-penis ratio its wrong.

i dont think most people try to improve their ratio for e-penis. its a fact that if you have poor ratio you get banned. there are some staff at certain trackers that love to ban members. Going on some irc's and saying "sorry about the crap ratio but my but i have a poor connection i have done my best and given what i can to the community" would be met with tough p1ss off, bye.

i welcome any techniques to improve ratio - just this one was a little obvoius and promoted h&r which is wrong

stoi
02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
But if you have a shit upload, then what is the point of trying to help 50 seedbox members doing it.

you still wont upload sod all.

CPC464
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
But if you have a shit upload, then what is the point of trying to help 50 seedbox members doing it.

you still wont upload sod all.

thats the problem seedboxes. maybe all trackers should be like dididave where they ban known seed box ips and you need permission and a good reason to use one

:)

stoi
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
that is the silliest thing i have heard, well its not, if they want to stop cheaters, but if they do it to stop seedboxes its daft.

Without seedboxes there is no speed, it is that simple really.

A torrent with 3 seedbox members on it as the only seeds, and 200 leechers, will go faster than a torrent with 5000 home connection members on it and 10,000 leechers, just because you can only connect to 50 seeders and leechers per torrent, so the chances of getting a fast uploader on the 2nd torrent are slim.

7th
02-04-2009, 11:40 PM
that is the silliest thing i have heard, well its not, if they want to stop cheaters, but if they do it to stop seedboxes its daft.

Without seedboxes there is no speed, it is that simple really.

A torrent with 3 seedbox members on it as the only seeds, and 200 leechers, will go faster than a torrent with 5000 home connection members on it and 10,000 leechers, just because you can only connect to 50 seeders and leechers per torrent, so the chances of getting a fast uploader on the 2nd torrent are slim.

Voilā! Now we're talking about good use of seedboxes. Uploading team using seedboxes is not only normal but also necessary and we love it! :happy:

But people having seed box just for the sake of their ratio... :frusty:

sksksk1
02-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't think too many seedbox r good for track. What about home connection members? Right, your download speed is very fast. Then how can you seed back too keep good ratio? You have to think carefully to download anything.
Look at some sites, only have 1 or 2 seeds but no leecher. I just can't see any good for the track.

rampur
02-05-2009, 02:57 AM
thats why you have a system that rewards how long you keep seeding

Nemrod
02-05-2009, 04:34 AM
I don't think too many seedbox r good for track. What about home connection members? Right, your download speed is very fast. Then how can you seed back too keep good ratio? You have to think carefully to download anything.
Look at some sites, only have 1 or 2 seeds but no leecher. I just can't see any good for the track.

Seedboxers only seed new stuff for few days, thatīs why we get awesome speeds in new releases, then itīs the turn for regular users to do their part of the job, itīs only required patience, enough space in discs... and the will for sharing.

haoran
02-05-2009, 04:47 AM
thx man

dakat
02-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Seedboxers only seed new stuff for few days, thatīs why we get awesome speeds in new releases, then itīs the turn for regular users to do their part of the job, itīs only required patience, enough space in discs... and the will for sharing.

I have a decent home connection no seedbox and I rarely have used this technique to increase my ratio. I have uploaded new material, Downloaded freeleech items, and or seeded for weeks to get my ratio to where I wanted it to be. There is many ways to increase ones ratio if one is willing to do it the right way.

TP635
02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
The easiest way to get good ratio if you have a slow line (like mine is) is to have a large HDD and seed over a long time.

RizKhan25000
02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't like this idea. I have been guilty of doing so in the past well actually with some other nick :shutup:...

The most optimal method for a good ethical torrenter is to download a torrent and then let it seed upto it get around at most 150%. It is important to seed back but it is equally important to not overseed. People with good connections can really kill the normal home users with average connections, by doing so.

Let yourself be in a postion to seed a 20 GB torrent to 3 leechers.. your goal is to atleast seed it back 1:1. and suddenly someone with a upload speed several time more than you start seeding and satisfy all the three leechers in no time. Well he would certainly have improved his statistics. But he would have left you and the additional 3 leechers now seeders to look for more leechers and it can be impossible at times..

Well it is an extreme case but it was necessary to make you understand that seeding back is important but only to the limit it is justified. And here you are actually proposing seeding without any downloading at all to a tracker.

I just hope there would be rules soon to cap the seeding ratio to 150% at the most so that people like you and me would not be able to make it hard for others mostly home users to seed back what they downloaded.

I again repeat my method of preserving your ratio that to be member of at least two trackers. Download from both the trackers but when you notice that your ratio is going down on a particular tracker stop all downloads there and let it on seed only. In the meanwhile download from the other tracker. And don't let your ratio go down a certain limit on any tracker. As soon as you notice your ratio going down a bit on a certain tracker be on alert and stop all downloads and let it on seed only. It is natural way and you would not have to use artificial methods like preseeding . Also don't try to overseed just around 150% is enough and good.