PDA

View Full Version : Usenext is a SCAM ! ! !

JustDOSE
02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Dont Be A Victim

Usenext is a SCAM , they overcharge your for their client witch is just an over glorified usenet index and nzb retriever , it doesn't even have most of what u can find on this site or other fee index site as listed here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-sites-usefull-usenet-users-333238

and once they have you billed' it wont stop ; they tap u for cash until u cancel your credit card :angry: ( or go to extreme measures to cancel your acc)

usnext sucks! don't be a victim , let the truth be known for all !!!!!!!!

piratebot
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
so i've also heard.

viru5
02-02-2009, 11:24 PM
The highest internet speed is at usenext, isn't it?

ericab
02-03-2009, 12:43 AM

ummmmmmmmmmm...............

have no idea what your saying

dutchmaster420
02-03-2009, 02:38 AM
All ive heard about them is bad things...dont know why anybody would use them when there are much better alternatives

rokie
02-03-2009, 05:19 AM
it's about time every p2p users out there should start including a message to warn about their scams :angry:

kayvanblue
02-03-2009, 05:54 AM
well it has never been scam for me!! i know how to search for my desired stuffs !and i always got what i wanted from it!

JustDOSE
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM

NO, thats part of their scam, making gay youtube videos of their shity client , trying to lure in noobs

If u actually visit some decent Usenet providers (http://www.news.astraweb.com/ , among others such as http://www.giganews.com) , you'll notice they offer unlimited speed acc's , which will max your download speed out, im dl'ing at 10mbs with astraweb , and im sure it can go way faster :01:

iLOVENZB
02-04-2009, 05:26 AM
I was never attracted to their advertisment because

1) Not many professional services use women in their advertisements

http://www.lookpic.com/files/292.PNG

2) It sounded too good to be true

http://www.lookpic.com/files/19.PNG

3) I'm happy with my ISP's service

JustDOSE
02-05-2009, 05:38 AM
lol, also not to mention no SSL with usenext, which most Usenet providers offer for free

HypeRUpgradE
06-25-2009, 04:32 AM
i have used usenext once about 2 years ago and after that i didn't like and just left like that. but i got an email last year feb 2008 from usenext stating

your UseNeXT-account has just been renewed for another term.
Please click on the following link to complete the payment:

https://www.usenext.de/UseNextDE/MemberAreaInt/index.cfm?sUUID=---------------

Please make sure that your browser settings allow the use of cookies (Internet Explorer: "Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy"; please activate the option "allow all cookies").

==============================================================
PLEASE NOTICE:
You must complete the payment in order to be able to use UseNeXT again. Should the payment remain pending for a total of 10 days, we have to suspend your account for security reasons until the payment has been completed.

It clearly say the account will be suspended.
But then i got another email about two days ago just after more than one year stating

Reminder

Customer Number: ------

Dear -------

we have not yet received the outstanding payment for your current contract with UseNeXT.
The reason could be a typing error in your payment details. Alternatively, out-dated data may have been entered during registration.

Please check your payment details immediately following this link:
http://usenext.de/index.cfm?sInkaUUID=----------------------------&sLangToken=ENG

In case you are prompted, please enter this number: ----------------
and follow the instructions.

We await your payment until 30.06.2009.

--------------------------------------------

I don't know what shall I do. I mean why should I pay if I haven't used UseNext.
I think its cheap that they send the reminder after 1 year where I have to pay 105 euro.
I told them I will not them a single penny but they keep on harassing me.
What should someone please help me?
Thanks in advance

Crack0saurus
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Just don't pay, can't say any better than that :/

This kind of scare tactic is well known method, just ignore them! They might send you more menacing messages but they are just fishing, knowing that a certain percentage of people will pay because they're scared.

Once had this kind of problem with a website hosting company, they renewed an account that i stopped using months before without asking me, then a few months later i received a very menacing letter from another company "specialized" in getting back debts... From the original 25€ they had added about 35€ of fees for their trouble huhhh... Checked on the internet and saw that many people were in the same situation and it was recommended to let them bark... The people who actually tried to respond and explained were only creating more problems

I did receive as planned 2 more very menacing letters and that was it, because they simply can't do anything else =)

You made a mistake going with usenext, and you will receive these emails for some more time, but that's it. Just forget about them ;)

zot
06-25-2009, 05:05 PM
This company is famous for trying to squeeze money out of people. Others have reported that quitting their service is difficult and complicated -- and they still got billed even though they canceled properly. (one scam victim had even saved screenshots proving he did cancel properly)

How did you pay originally, credit card or Paypal? Have they tried to charge that account once you left?

You also might want to check all your paperwork just to be safe - is it possible that they charged your credit card during the last 2 years and you never knew it?

I've failed to pay for monthly renewals (due to expired credit card) at providers like Giganews. They simply cancel the account when the charge gets rejected. I always use a temporary email address for everything, so I never know what anyone might send me long after I'm done with them.

I once had a "trial" magazine subscription I canceled try to bill me and then turned it over to a "collection agency" that sent a few threatening letters. I never responded and the letters stopped after about a year.

That's apparently a new tactic (for them) that usenext is now employing that I've never seen complaints about before: that UseneXT is trying to make you pay for the previous year when you never once accessed the service (and I'm sure you would have found yourself locked out if you tried)

It's just a suspicion, but I think that UseneXT has probably seen business decline, and they're looking for new ways to generate money. A lot of people will simply hand over their money without a fight when threatened, and useneXT was probably hoping that you were one of them.

My advice: don't pay them anything!. And look into filing a complaint with the proper authorities.

HypeRUpgradE
06-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks alot Crack0saurus and zot for your help.
It was helpful. I guess I will not pay them anything. I think I paid them through paypal at first 2 years ago but I don't know how much did I really pay. That was a long time ago. Because of the fraud I closed that account and made a new one.

But still I don't think other company ask money after 1 year.

Once again thanks alot.
If any problem I'll let you guys know.

Crack0saurus
06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
You didn't mention if If you still have valid id/password at usenext, but if you do, log on and see if there is some "cancel account" option to use in the member area. ;) It won't change anything to the current situation but might give you more peace of mind and prevent them from still sending new emails 2 years from now lol

hdjunky
06-27-2009, 02:59 AM
It won't change anything to the current situation but might give you more peace of mind and prevent them from still sending new emails 2 years from now lol

I do not believe this would stop Usenext from trying to bill or collect money. This outfit is really something else and I wish anyone luck as soon as they hit the "Sign Up' button.

HypeRUpgradE
06-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Is there anyway i can complain about UseNext trying to harass me?
I went to their sites and I can't even compose my own topic.
As you see we cannot have our own subject. They must have fixed subject.
So just imagine I had to choose the topic which they have given. Man, I don't want to pay them anything. Since I stopped using UseNext two years ago I don't even know my Login. I thought this website was like Rapidshare, Megaupload where we pay money for fixed time and our account gets suspended if we don't pay. I knew that UseNext was a spam from the day I used it. So I stopped it. But to think they would play such a cheap trick. In Rapidshare and Megaupload if our account gets suspended that means I cannot use it anymore unless I buy a new account which is great. But UseNext sent me this mail one year ago 22 Feb 2008 to be exact: -
[quote]
Hello ---------,

your UseNeXT-account has just been renewed for another term.

Please click on the following link to complete the payment:

https://www.usenext.de/UseNextDE/MemberAreaInt/index.cfm?sUUID=-------------------

Please make sure that your browser settings allow the use of cookies (Internet Explorer: "Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy"; please activate the option "allow all cookies").

PLEASE NOTICE:
You must complete the payment in order to be able to use UseNeXT again. Should the payment remain pending for a total of 10 days, we have to suspend your account for security reasons until the payment has been completed.

Do you have questions concerning the payment process or do you wish to change your payment method? Please feel free to contact our friendly competent support team at http://usenext.de/index.cfm?DL=sf.
We usually respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.

Join the UseNeXT download world record attempt and win 1,000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5vs2ly_grk

Best wishes,

Your

UseNeXT team
[quote]

I haven't even paid the money how can my account be renewed and the email clearly states that if i don't pay the money within ten days my account will be suspended.

If they wanted money then they should have emailed me each and every month that I have to pay this much amount but after 1 year.

I really want to file a charges against them. If there is please let me know.

zot
06-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Is there anyway i can complain about UseNext trying to harass me? ... I really want to file a charges against them. If there is please let me know.
If you live in the USA, you can try contacting the BBB and state Attorney General. The most effective place to complain is going to be to German authorities, where UseneXt it located.

I went to their sites and I can't even compose my own topic. As you see we cannot have our own subject. They must have fixed subject. So just imagine I had to choose the topic which they have given.
That's so people can't start any more topics on their forum named "Usenext is a SCAM !!!" :lol:

Man, I don't want to pay them anything. Since I stopped using UseNext two years ago I don't even know my Login. I thought this website was like Rapidshare, Megaupload where we pay money for fixed time and our account gets suspended if we don't pay.
UseneXt is hardly a normal company. Sending employees to shill discussion forums, Tricking people into having to pay for a whole year, ... the list goes on and on.

I haven't even paid the money how can my account be renewed and the email clearly states that if i don't pay the money within ten days my account will be suspended.
That's one of the oldest tricks used by shady businesses.

Have you ever got a letter telling you that you've won a prize -- in a contest you're sure you never entered? (but of course you must first send them money to claim your prize.)

It's the same thing as what UseneXt is doing -- trying to trick people into paying for something they otherwise would never have bothered with ... by lying to them and making them believe (incorrectly) that the product or service is already theirs, and then trying to coerce them into parting with their money.

It's just the latest scam by UseneXt. Don't fall for it!

HypeRUpgradE
06-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Thank alot zot but unfortunately I live in UK.

Since I haven't visited their website for long I don't know anything about what they are trying to plot about those prizes.

But I think I have had enough of UseNext.
What if they send me those annoying email?
I guess I'll take it easy for now.
Just wondering if I complain police about UseNext.
Would that be a good idea? Just asking for suggestions.

zot
06-29-2009, 03:21 AM
rewind that - the prize contest I mentioned was just an example of a common scam found everywhere. I did not mean to imply that Usenext is running one of these fake "sweepstakes" - just that Usenext employs similar phychological methods to try to trick people into buying something.

You're in luck - Usenext has a UK address:

Aviteo Ltd.
Gainsborough House
81 Oxford Street
London W1D 2EU
Great Britain

So you can file a complaint to wherever in Britain you would normally complain to about a ripoff business. Just tell them everything you've mentioned here. One place to go to is the Office of Fair Trading (OFT)

http://www.oft.gov.uk/

There is a new law called The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and that set of consumer-protection regulations might be worth investigating. Usenext may have been (and likely were) in violation of this law. I suggest contacting the OFT for advice.

I would not worry much about Usenext's threats. They are only asking you to buy the service. They could have charged your credit card directly, but did not.

HypeRUpgradE
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey zot,
Thanks alot for the website.
I'll file a complain against UseNext and let you know what they will tell me.

zot
06-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Here is a site in the UK to report a scam:

https://secure.consumerdirect.gov.uk/reportascam.aspx

Just fill out all the information and click "submit" - and you can also phone them at 08454 040506 for advice.

Consumer Direct receives many reports of scams. The information is passed to our colleagues at Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading for action.
If you want advice about how to deal with a scam, please call us on 08454 040506. However, if you just want to make us aware of a scam you have encountered, please complete the form below with as much detail as you can.
If we need more details, we will try to get in touch with you. However, if we don’t, please be assured that we do register each scam and pass it to the relevant authorities for action.

Please let us know how it goes.

HypeRUpgradE
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello frens,
I am back again and this time I got this mail.

Mr Hyperupgrade
My address
Our Ref: 0906UXT1164853
6 Digit CCI Ref: 183438
Dear Mr Hyperupgrade,

Account Name: Aviteo Ltd T/A Usenext
Description: £104.10 Website Access Fees {[UNXDE141] UseNeXT 15+}
Account No.: 3781496 Invoice No.: 8178701

Current Balance: €110.35 (£104.10 Website Access Fees {[UNXDE141] UseNeXT 15+})

We have been instructed to contact you in relation to the above unpaid account. Now that this matter has been brought to your attention we must respectfully request immediate payment.

We appreciate that you may have cancelled your account membership since your last login, however the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. Please note that 14 day trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with UseNext Terms and Conditions available at http://usenext.de. You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

Please call 0845 6710043 and enter reference 183438 to pay by credit or debit card, or pay online at www.ccilegal.co.uk. In the event that we do not hear from you, the matter will be the subject of further recovery action.

Thank you in anticipation of your immediate response
Yours sincerely

CCI LEGAL SERVICES LTD

PLEASE CALL 0845 671 0043 AND USE REFERENCE 183438 TO PAY BY CARD,
OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT WWW.CCILEGAL.CO.UK

PRINT AND MAIL THE ATTACHED SLIP AND YOUR CHEQUE TO CCI ------------------

PAYMENT ADVICE Re: Mr Hyperupgrade
All cheques or postal orders should be made payable to CCI Legal Services Ltd.

I enclose £____________________ Ref: 0906UXT1164853/ 3781496/ 8178701 / €110.35

Name Address

This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
For security and training purposes all telephone calls are recorded
Registered office: Stanhope House Mark Rake Bromborough CH62 2DN. Company Registration Number 04358908.
Consumer Credit Licence Number 627305. Data Protection Registration Number Z5640292

CCI Legal Services cannot answer technical questions about our clients’ service. Please contact UseNext Technical support at http://usenext.de for further assistance.

UseNext Terms and Conditions

When signing up for the service, you confirmed that you had read and accepted the Terms & Conditions. The following text was shown during the sign-up process and you accepted by ticking a box on the top of the text:

I am of legal age.
By sending this form I submit a binding offer. This offer is accepted (conclusion of the contract) when I receive an e-mail of confirmation. The contract enables me to: a) Test UseNeXT for the next 2 weeks and download up to 3 Gigabyte for free!. b) Unless I cancel within the test period, or upgrade to a different subscription package, I agree to join for only $11.25*/7,95 Euro per month - for a period of 12 month and get access to 15 Gigabytes download volume for each month. I understand that I may cancel at any time, such that my subscription is not renewed upon expiry. I acknowledge that unless I wish for my account to be automatically renewed for a further service period, I must provide notice of my wish not to renew, at least one day before the end date of the current term.
I have read through the terms and conditions and agree to join UseNeXT subject to these terms.
Right of withdrawal: I can withdraw my declaration directed on the conclusion of the contract within two weeks in written form without giving any reasons (e.g. using the support form, post, fax or online in the member area). The time allowed starts at the earliest with the receipt of this indoctrination. To ensure the time allowed for your withdrawal the duly dispatch of your withdrawal is sufficient. The withdrawal must be sent to: Aviteo Ltd. Gainsborough House Customer Care 81 Oxford Street London W1D 2EU Great Britain Fax: +49-700-873639813 Please note that this number's prefix depends on the country you live in. A list of prefix codes can be found under "Support Hotline". Support form: http://usenext.de Member area: http://usenext.de Exlusion of right of withdrawal: My right of withdrawal expires ahead of time if the execution of the service was started with my explicit approval or if I have started the execution myself (e.g. by downloading). Effects of withdrawal: In case of an effective withdrawal both side's efforts have to be granted aback and incurred use (e.g. interests) has to be restored should the situation arise.

It is not possible to successfully sign up without explicitly confirming and accepting these contract conditions.

Please note that these agreements are not subject to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is a non-regulated agreement for fixed sum credit or running account credit.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77-79 covers:
(Section 77) regulated agreement for fixed sum credit
(Section 78) regulated agreement for running account credit
(Section 79) consumer hire agreements

Queries made under the terms of this act cannot be answered. This debt results from a legally binding contract. Please forward payment to CCI.

Now this is really getting problematic for me.
Now what I do.

cad
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Hello frens,
I am back again and this time I got this mail.

Mr Hyperupgrade
My address
Our Ref: 0906UXT1164853
6 Digit CCI Ref: 183438
Dear Mr Hyperupgrade,

Account Name: Aviteo Ltd T/A Usenext
Description: £104.10 Website Access Fees {[UNXDE141] UseNeXT 15+}
Account No.: 3781496 Invoice No.: 8178701

Current Balance: €110.35 (£104.10 Website Access Fees {[UNXDE141] UseNeXT 15+})

We have been instructed to contact you in relation to the above unpaid account. Now that this matter has been brought to your attention we must respectfully request immediate payment.

We appreciate that you may have cancelled your account membership since your last login, however the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. Please note that 14 day trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with UseNext Terms and Conditions available at http://usenext.de. You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

Please call 0845 6710043 and enter reference 183438 to pay by credit or debit card, or pay online at www.ccilegal.co.uk. In the event that we do not hear from you, the matter will be the subject of further recovery action.

Thank you in anticipation of your immediate response
Yours sincerely

CCI LEGAL SERVICES LTD

PLEASE CALL 0845 671 0043 AND USE REFERENCE 183438 TO PAY BY CARD,
OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT WWW.CCILEGAL.CO.UK

PRINT AND MAIL THE ATTACHED SLIP AND YOUR CHEQUE TO CCI ------------------

PAYMENT ADVICE Re: Mr Hyperupgrade
All cheques or postal orders should be made payable to CCI Legal Services Ltd.

I enclose £____________________ Ref: 0906UXT1164853/ 3781496/ 8178701 / €110.35

Name Address

This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
For security and training purposes all telephone calls are recorded
Registered office: Stanhope House Mark Rake Bromborough CH62 2DN. Company Registration Number 04358908.
Consumer Credit Licence Number 627305. Data Protection Registration Number Z5640292

CCI Legal Services cannot answer technical questions about our clients’ service. Please contact UseNext Technical support at http://usenext.de for further assistance.

UseNext Terms and Conditions

When signing up for the service, you confirmed that you had read and accepted the Terms & Conditions. The following text was shown during the sign-up process and you accepted by ticking a box on the top of the text:

I am of legal age.
By sending this form I submit a binding offer. This offer is accepted (conclusion of the contract) when I receive an e-mail of confirmation. The contract enables me to:a) Test UseNeXT for the next 2 weeks and download up to 3 Gigabyte for free!.b) Unless I cancel within the test period, or upgrade to a different subscription package, I agree to join for only $11.25*/7,95 Euro per month - for a period of 12 month and get access to 15 Gigabytes download volume for each month. I understand that I may cancel at any time, such that my subscription is not renewed upon expiry. I acknowledge that unless I wish for my account to be automatically renewed for a further service period, I must provide notice of my wish not to renew, at least one day before the end date of the current term.
I have read through the terms and conditions and agree to join UseNeXT subject to these terms.
Right of withdrawal: I can withdraw my declaration directed on the conclusion of the contract within two weeks in written form without giving any reasons (e.g. using the support form, post, fax or online in the member area). The time allowed starts at the earliest with the receipt of this indoctrination. To ensure the time allowed for your withdrawal the duly dispatch of your withdrawal is sufficient. The withdrawal must be sent to:Aviteo Ltd.Gainsborough HouseCustomer Care81 Oxford Street London W1D 2EUGreat BritainFax: +49-700-873639813Please note that this number's prefix depends on the country you live in. A list of prefix codes can be found under "Support Hotline".Support form: http://usenext.de Member area: http://usenext.deExlusion of right of withdrawal: My right of withdrawal expires ahead of time if the execution of the service was started with my explicit approval or if I have started the execution myself (e.g. by downloading).Effects of withdrawal: In case of an effective withdrawal both side's efforts have to be granted aback and incurred use (e.g. interests) has to be restored should the situation arise.

It is not possible to successfully sign up without explicitly confirming and accepting these contract conditions.

Please note that these agreements are not subject to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is a non-regulated agreement for fixed sum credit or running account credit.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77-79 covers:
(Section 77) regulated agreement for fixed sum credit
(Section 78) regulated agreement for running account credit
(Section 79) consumer hire agreements

Queries made under the terms of this act cannot be answered. This debt results from a legally binding contract. Please forward payment to CCI.

Now this is really getting problematic for me.
Now what I do.

I got the very same letter to day same amount funny that eh Ive just sent the info on to Report A Scam ,
and Im calling Of-Com tomorrow , chill dont worry .
Report A Scam will pass your info on to the correct authorities along with my info and we will hear in a few days
I tried to use them but gave up after 3,or 4 ,days ,just didnt use them ,then boom 8 months later £104.10 please out of the blue .
I found there bill by chance I never use the E/ Mail account they sent it to ,if they were that bothered with people getting overdrawn the should have POSTED a letter after 1 month not 8.
They must be some company to give thousands of people credit in this financial climate

HypeRUpgradE
07-23-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't know what usenext is trying to do but I have made myself clear that I will not pay them even a penny.
Thanks alot for info Cad.
I have also sent the info on to Report A Scam.

I think the same things happened to you and me.
Maybe there are others like us who are in the
same situation as us.

usenetshack
08-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Before I begin, you must know that we run the website www.usenetshack.com (http://www.usenetshack.com) and this is neither a spam post nor trying to get attention. This is a severe situation involving many hundreds of subscribers and must be dealt with in a severe way. i.e. making everyone aware to just what a scam UseNeXT has become to be.

You can read more about the entire situation at our UseNeXT (http://www.usenetshack.com/usenext-scam-review-usenet-provider/) article.

Please check out the comments on our article above for first hand evidence of such cases and what people have done in response to the scam. Our article has only been around a few days and has already garnered quite a lot of interest from the community. If you yourself have any horror stories, or even positive experiences (rare) with UseNeXT then please either get in touch or simply leave a comment - we'd love to hear more.

AdamRav
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
First time i ever come across this site was through a popup lol

From then i knew this was a scam of some sort

Avoid at all costs

MultiForce
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Anyone have any idea how long they have advertised on eD2K (the servers they/others have)?
I think I remember them from 2005 somehow but I'm not sure.

"28.08.2009 20:21:59: Connection established on: www.UseNeXT.to (87.230.83.44:4661)
server version 17.15 (lugdunum)
Download - Tip: Haven´t you found what you´re looking for yet?
Enjoy the unique service of www.UseNeXT.to and get what you are searching for immediately.
Experience the fastest way of downloading so far!
Clear recommendation for all of you who appreciate downloading at maximum speed, security and 100% anonymity!
Benefit from a tremendous archive comprising more than 300 TB of actual MP3s, Videos, Games and Eroticism!
www.UseNeXT.to archives are daily updated with latest files!
Don´t wait any longer - start downloading 150 GB for FREE!
"

SonsOfLiberty
08-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah they have a ed2k server, don't know if it's their's or if someone is getting paid for Advertising the site, servers cost money and ed2k no one pays for anything ever. So, it's a advertising ploy, but they had that server ever since ed2k begin, and I should known I was on develpment of the protocol.

islandafella
09-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I have used UseNext and canceled without any difficulty. I have also not received any other requests from them, however, if I do, I will keep the info provided here in mind. Thank you for the heads up, as I was considering using them again.

$SnoopDo2G$
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
They have been really clever on how they create that domain...
Usenext very similar to Usenet which is why many people
thinks it's the same ahahaha
they tricked more people than u think...

tizer2000uk
01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
For all of you thinking Usenext is a scam you would be 100% WRONG, I have used them for years because A: The software they provide you with is very very easy to use and B: because I get pretty much what I want at 20MB a sec. I have never had problems cancelling an account (For 2 months, long holiday) or felt I was being scammed.

The software lets you view previews of videos before you commit to downloading the whole thing and it plays music files straight from the client while downloading, very very cool.

True their website might be a bit glitzy but for the price they offer a very good service.

Quit bitching and scaremongering guys.

iLOVENZB
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
We're sorry for bitching Usenext owner :P

MultiForce
01-24-2010, 04:36 PM
For all of you thinking Usenext is a scam you would be 100% WRONG, I have used them for years because A: The software they provide you with is very very easy to use and B: because I get pretty much what I want at 20MB a sec. I have never had problems cancelling an account (For 2 months, long holiday) or felt I was being scammed.

The software lets you view previews of videos before you commit to downloading the whole thing and it plays music files straight from the client while downloading, very very cool.

True their website might be a bit glitzy but for the price they offer a very good service.

I'll pay for a shrink when you're ready.

unoriginal
01-25-2010, 12:09 AM

First time, brand new registered user is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

ericab
01-25-2010, 12:13 AM
i ROFL'ed too.

:glag:

Iorgo
02-02-2010, 03:57 AM
hy all! (sorry for my bad english), i have usenext since feb. 2009
is not a fake ,is not a scam , at the begining i was suspicios about it, short for you to understand :
you download at your hy-speed internet conection (my internet conection is 6000 kbit/s):naughty:
i used torrents , and one day I got angry when downloading gta4
stopped at 99% :frusty: :angry: :cry:, the next week the same 99%
I did not know what to do :blink: to buy ,the original game? or 1/2 price of the game an account to usenext to download full cracked game,
I bought the package from usernet > downloaded the usenext software >installed >i writed my pasword and ready !!
, to buy all the new games i downloaded VS My investment in usenet , is a very big Economy of time and money this software
note!!! WITH STEAM FOR ORIGINAL GAMES YOU DOWNLOAD SLOWER :lol:

unoriginal
02-02-2010, 04:24 AM
hy all! (sorry for my bad english), i have usenext since feb. 2009
is not a fake ,is not a scam , at the begining i was suspicios about it, short for you to understand :
you download at your hy-speed internet conection (my internet conection is 6000 kbit/s)
i used torrents , and one day I got angry when downloading gta4
stopped at 99%, the next week the same 99%
I did not know what to do to buy ,the original game? or 1/2 price of the game an account to usenext to download full cracked game,
I bought the package from usernet > downloaded the usenext software >installed >i writed my pasword and ready !!
, to buy all the new games i downloaded VS My investment in usenet , is a very big Economy of time and money this software
note!!! WITH STEAM FOR ORIGINAL GAMES YOU DOWNLOAD SLOWER

I said it before and I will say it again:

First time, brand new registered user is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

iLOVENZB
02-02-2010, 04:26 AM
i ROFL'ed too.

:glag:

Prepare to ROFL again ^^^

whiteboy
02-02-2010, 08:03 PM
wow this is pretty funny.

I promise its not a scam!!! lmao

zot
06-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I just came across this French-language consumer-rights forum where recently-scammed users have been complaining about UseneXt and their dirty tricks (maybe the people in France are just now finding out of UseneXt's long history of screwing people out of their money?)

I unfortunately don't speak French. It's often said that French is the international language of culture. It would appear that UseneXt is the international word for SCAM :P

Here's the Google translation:

Billing abuse Usenext (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://forum.lesarnaques.com/internet-probleme-fai-hebergeur/facturation-abusive-usenext-t68128.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgvcXZGlkFOg6b8-JF2ebT9DWl7eA)

Dispute with Usenext (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://forum.lesarnaques.com/vente-domicile/litige-avec-usenext-t78037.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhj7M1EG4H-w-j0C9aLwOJhDgwcrSg)

The routine seems to work this way:

People sign up for free Usenext trial
Then they cancel the free trial
then they get hit with 100 Euro bill from Usenext
then they complain and refuse to pay
then they get hit with 130 Euro bill (+ threats) from debt collection company

It's bad enough that Usenext was trying to stick people for a hundred Euros for a service they never used. Now their hired-gun debt-collection agencies are tacking on an additional 30% fee.

Is all this crap legal or what? UseneXT's TOS contract basically gives UseneXT the right to do anything they damn well want, and forces the consumer to sign away all their legal rights.

chakara
06-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Weird.

I used their 14 day trial with no problem a year ago, I had no idea they were considered scam (that's how I "discovered" usenet).
I went to AW after that because of the lower prices though.

Townsend
06-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I too used the usenext trial period and cancelled without any problems. Seriously sometimes I think a lot of people simply forget to cancel and since a lot of people complain that this is scam they have an easy excuse to distract from their own mistakes...

Stinson
06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I too used the usenext trial period and cancelled without any problems. Seriously sometimes I think a lot of people simply forget to cancel and since a lot of people complain that this is scam they have an easy excuse to distract from their own mistakes...

While I'm sure there are quite a lot who did have serious problems you are right about the fact that there are too many people out there who carelessly use their credit card or paypal account for signing up and then blaming companies like usenext. If everyone would first read the TOS (at least the important bits) we'd have just half of the scam problems and a quarter of the complaints!

byneco
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I have no idea bro

WindWalkerX
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Does usenext pre-authorize the bill or wait until day 15 to charge you? I have an American Express gift card with like $0.85 on it, so no risk of them getting me for $100+ after I cancel on day 13 :D

A_T
07-04-2012, 09:26 PM
It's bad enough that Usenext was trying to stick people for a hundred Euros for a service they never used. Now their hired-gun debt-collection agencies are tacking on an additional 30% fee.

Is all this crap legal or what? UseneXT's TOS contract basically gives UseneXT the right to do anything they damn well want, and forces the consumer to sign away all their legal rights.

Known as "speculative invoicing" - send out an official-looking demand for money threatening legal action unless you pay up. A lot of people will be scared into paying. An extremely nasty practice.

kickinitdeep
11-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I got a letter for them telling me I owed them £160 for services because I didn't terminate the service in the correct manner , I told them in no uncertain terms to go fuck themselves, I setup using paypal , tried the trial and then cancelled the paypal payment and now they are trying to suck the £160 out of me .

So I sent them this :
Liane ,
I dont have said email because no-one from your company replied to me . I understand your position , but would ask you to see it from mine . I opened an account , used the trial for less than an hour , didn't like the service , sent an email , closed the paypal payment and moved on as I have done with many other usenet companies . Out of the blue I get a letter in the post demanding £160 odd pounds for a service i never used and thought I had canceled . You are the only company to have done this to me and the only company to have such T`s and C`s . To bill someone surviving on disability benefits £160 odd pound for not using the correct procedure to close the account seems very harsh to me. I don't have £160 , I don't even have £80 , my current bank balance is £2.97 until Wednesday next week when I will get my £114 a week benefit . Whilst like I say , I understand you are doing your job and the T`s and C`s are what they are , I do not have the money to give you . I have been on disability benefits for 7 years as I have bi_polar disorder amongst other mental health conditions and this is causing me undo stress . However I will take the necessary steps to continue to defend my position if need be. I would like to refer you the many many complaints about the same thing all over the internet where you have tried to scam money from people for the same thing . I say again you will not receive a penny from me for this . It`s at best un-ethical business practice and at worst an out and out scam . No judge in any court will make me pay this bill once he sees the facts about your business practices , the contents of your servers and the way in which you deal with your customers . I will no longer communicate with you and any correspondence from you will be filed in the bin ! Please bear in mind Liane , I am not talking to you personally , I know you are just a pawn in an awful organization and a job is hard to come by these days . However , rest-assured , any attempt to extort money from me will be futile and a waste of paper .

sincerely

They can try it on if they like , they won't get anything out of me , fuck'em

kickinitdeep
11-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Their "collection agency" doesn't exists. It's them under a different guise.

phillyc
01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
wow, this thread is scary reading, what asshats these guys are, brass necked scammers.

jsmith2k1
02-02-2015, 04:40 AM
I was thinking of using them too. Now I will try others.