PDA

View Full Version : What.cd or/and Waffles?

MjWoNeR
02-03-2009, 06:59 AM
I am a man of a few trackers. I was trying to get into Waffles but got into What instead which I have to say surpassed my expectations, so now I have a question.

Does somebody needs Waffles if he has What?
Are there stuff you can find in Waffles but not in What?

ovisan
02-03-2009, 07:03 AM
I like the way you think MjWoNeR (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/mjwoner-212859) mate. I am also only on what and I am very happy with is, never bothered to get into waffles

killercam101
02-03-2009, 07:07 AM
No you don't need either..use limewire and say good bye to ratio

MjWoNeR
02-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I like the way you think MjWoNeR (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/mjwoner-212859) mate. I am also only on what and I am very happy with is, never bothered to get into waffles
Thanks, I like having only one tracker for something specific, specially if it covers my needs. What. probably does, but I thought of asking for your thoughts about it.

I don't have ratio problems. I seed 24/7 because I fold 24/7 and I am on a fibre optics so yeah ratio has never been a problem.

Cabalo
02-03-2009, 07:17 AM
what and waffles are like pokemon !

ketan
02-03-2009, 07:22 AM

or youtube etc. if you dont like viruses
:))

Lovestoned
02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
What is enough if you're just getting V0 or below.

I get all my V2 (scene) from RapidShare.

If you're more of a FLAC guy then go for Waffles, their iron rips are great.

I'm only on What though and I plan to stay that way even if they offer invites in SCC/HDBits and a few other trackers I'm on.

Redrum420
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM

I'm only on What though and I plan to stay that way even if they offer invites in SCC/HDBits and a few other trackers I'm on.

that made me lol, if you want flac then what is for you.

Lovestoned
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Those who want FLAC would usually want to archive them, What on FLACs are somewhat compromised sometimes.

I'm not speaking from a biased point of view.

Disme
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm on both, and whenever there is something I don't find on one tracker, I am 99% sure of finding it on the other. For me they are complementary.

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Im on both and think both are great. But the question asked do u need waffles if u have what the answer is no really, what has more torrents, leachers and seeders, so not only do u get more choice its much easier and quicker to get a buffer on. However if one of them does go down ever u will be happy if u have the other.

U find waffle irons on waffles which is not on what, this is where some waffle iron staff members tell u if flacs have been perfectly been ripped or not, but the uploader has to submit there upload to the waffle iron team if they want this approal. However to counter this what has the log check thing now but dont know how accurate it is.

0control
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
U find waffle irons on waffles which is not on what, this is where some waffle iron staff members tell u if flacs have been perfectly been ripped or not, but the uploader has to submit there upload to the waffle iron team if they want this approal. However to counter this what has the log check thing now but dont know how accurate it is.

Log files aren't 100% accurate, in some cases there might for instance have been some small read errors the computer haven't detected, which would result in a log that says everything is perfect.

So far I've got the impression (from this thread) that Waffles stand for more quality (regarding flacs) than What, am I right?

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
[quote=Villalltheway;3122770]

So far I've got the impression (from this thread) that Waffles stand for more quality (regarding flacs) than What, am I right?

I wouldnt say this is a 100% accurate, yea waffles have waffle irons but they ONLY check flac rips, and its not like they check all flac rips, the uploader has to submit it to waffles irons before it does get checked.

Also id say waffles is more for old skool oink people. One other thing is id say i preffer the staff at waffles, and they also have a lot of good serious music articles to read.

harshytkage
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
well....as far as i've learnt, waffles gives out free waffles every sunday while What goes for pancakes...lol

though if you have one you don't need another...(i was on What.cd for a short time...and i was blown away with their collection)

but since i'm into more conventional and popular music..STmusic works just fine for me! :)

tX
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
As far as I know, all waffle irons do are look at your log and check for things like EAC, cue, drive offset and cache

Which is what the what.cd logchecker does :dry:

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2009, 03:25 PM
There are still tons of albums that aren't on What but are on Waffles. I use What unless I can't find the album/can't find the bitrate I want, and in some cases I find it on Waffles.

Rafa
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM

Yes

Jiggles
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Waffles is better, i searched alot of pretty famous artists albums and what.cd didnt have them and there's not much seeders or leechers on what.cd thats why i usually get slow speeds. Waffles in my opinion is much better, it has a bigger selection apart from popular songs they have really rare ones too and the speeds are always good.

waffles > what

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
what.cd didnt have them and there's not much seeders or leechers on what.cd thats why i usually get slow speeds.
waffles > what

:lol: r u really on what.cd they have way many more seeders and leachers then waffles, there are nearly 3 times many users on what.cd.

at this moment

waffles 831,511 seeders, 19,728 leechers
what 2,039,311 seeders, 50,384 leechers.

alcoholik
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
they both are good, but i love waffles :wub:

cinephilia
02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
well, it really depends on your music tastes but for my part, i got from waffles some soul & hip hop gems that were not available at what.cd so i'd say that both are complementary.

central2rbay
02-03-2009, 08:54 PM
well, it really depends on your music tastes but for my part, i got from waffles some soul & hip hop gems that were not available at what.cd so i'd say that both are complementary.

Quite true indeed. I've had great luck in finding classic jazz, blues and musical tracks from Waf. that were not available @ What. Both obviously great trackers though - completely complimenting the user.

Funkin'
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM

No. What Lovestoned said is correct.

Rafa
02-04-2009, 02:03 AM
^^ i agree with Ani too

I trust in waffle iron rips, for me waffles is the second place to FLAC/lossless after Pedro's

Dr_Green_Thumb
02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
You need waffles because they taste better.

lhnz
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM

No. What Lovestoned said is correct.Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

There are a lot more albums on What.CD. There are currently more "albums" on What.CD than there are torrents on Waffles afaik. More than double the number of seeders/leechers too.

However, I'd say it's still quite cool to have both accounts, because as others say of course very occasionally you will find an album on Waffles that's not yet on What.CD, however this is getting rare.

vic
02-04-2009, 10:39 AM
What.cd is ten times better then waffles.

stats:

Seeders Waffles: 800,000
Seeders What.cd: 1,800,000

Torrents Waffles: 221,000
Torrents What.cd: 400,000

What.cd uses the Gazelle which is far more better then what Waffles is using.

Only problem on what.cd is the userbase is too big and it's not really secure.

Lovestoned
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
No. What Lovestoned said is correct.Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

There are a lot more albums on What.CD. There are currently more "albums" on What.CD than there are torrents on Waffles afaik. More than double the number of seeders/leechers too.

However, I'd say it's still quite cool to have both accounts, because as others say of course very occasionally you will find an album on Waffles that's not yet on What.CD, however this is getting rare.

Well, what you've said is actually really true but usually there would only be very little chances that someone will actually use it for a 'ripping education'.

What's much easier to seed with a bigger userbase, just hope that it will get much bigger like OiNK and then seeding will be as easy as on IPTorrents.

What's Beta Team indeed knows much more than the ordinary member.

*claps*

Jiggles
02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
what.cd didnt have them and there's not much seeders or leechers on what.cd thats why i usually get slow speeds.
waffles > what

:lol: r u really on what.cd they have way many more seeders and leachers then waffles, there are nearly 3 times many users on what.cd.

at this moment

waffles 831,511 seeders, 19,728 leechers
what 2,039,311 seeders, 50,384 leechers.

Fair point, but thats the feeling i get, what.cd has many seeders on the popular torrents. Say for instance there is 500 seeders on a new album on what.cd and 200 on waffles, you can get full speed on both. But on rare or not so popular torrents there would be lets say 2 seeder on what.cd but 30 on waffles. Waffles has more spread out and even seeders. I know i can find any song or album on waffles but not so on what.cd. Waffles has more quality peers when what.cd has more quantity or peers.

Waffles is better overall imo.

Lovestoned
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
But if you're really looking for that rare music I'm sure you're willing to wait, no?

Big difference from general trackers, where speed is the main deal.

Could you maybe show me a few screenshots of what you're saying?

I'm not on Waffles so I don't know, What definitely caters to all my Indie/Metal needs though.

moksen
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
yes have problems for leechers but waffles is very good tracker :)

tX
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

Guy's former waffles staff ;)

Lovestoned
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Wait, what? :blink:

Waffles staffs must be kind of enraged since both trackers aren't on pretty good terms.

I remember back when What opened they were still alright with Wafles.

Villalltheway
02-04-2009, 03:33 PM
[quote=tX;3123761]

Waffles staffs must be kind of enraged since both trackers aren't on pretty good terms.

Really, i know they are not exactly as good friends as they were before, but i thought they are cool with eachother.

lhnz
02-04-2009, 03:34 PM

I remember back when What opened they were still alright with Wafles.lol, well, hmmm. There are a lot of ex-waffles staff on What (even WhatMan is technically ex-waffles)... :P

edit: sites tend to ignore eachother, but yes, threads like this really piss people off.

lysine
02-04-2009, 06:14 PM
stats:

you left out an important part of that equation:

Members Waffles: 36,558
Members What.cd: 83,706

they have less than half the number of members, but more than half the number of torrents.

also, doesn't waffles remove seedless torrents after one week, and what removes them after two weeks?

piratebot
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM

that's nice except last time i checked, the log checker is not accurate.

lhnz
02-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

that's nice except last time i checked, the log checker is not accurate....check again. It's been in use for months and working for everybody else.

Lovestoned
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM

I remember back when What opened they were still alright with Wafles.lol, well, hmmm. There are a lot of ex-waffles staff on What (even WhatMan is technically ex-waffles)... :P

edit: sites tend to ignore eachother, but yes, threads like this really piss people off.

Well, I'm sure in your opinion you like how What does stuffs compared to Waffles.

In no way should anybody compare any trackers even if they can offer the same content.

tX
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
stats:

you left out an important part of that equation:

Members Waffles: 36,558
Members What.cd: 83,706

they have less than half the number of members, but more than half the number of torrents.

also, doesn't waffles remove seedless torrents after one week, and what removes them after two weeks?

So, does contribution per member really matter? Oh right, you're all "in it for the community" :rolleyes:
What's overall stats are better
And before anyone says what stacks formats, what have more unique albums than waffles has total (or at least it still did a couple days ago, waffles homepage is not loading)

lysine
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
So, does contribution per member really matter?

yes.

Oh right, you're all "in it for the community" :rolleyes:

that's laughable. I'm in it to download and seed files. ever seen me requesting/trading trackers? ever seen me kissing ass trying to get someone to give me an invite?

see these posts:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-a-question-btt-tracker-community-seekers-331834#post3113827

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-an-easy-way-boost-your-private-tracker-ratio-333344#post3123527

Col. Skillz
02-05-2009, 11:58 PM
what's the website leading to waffles? ive never been able to find it and id like to try and find an invite

piratebot
02-06-2009, 12:01 AM
that's nice except last time i checked, the log checker is not accurate....check again. It's been in use for months and working for everybody else.
i said it's not accurate, or meant has low standards.

a log that won't pass waffle irons or pedro's can still get 100% on what.

Col. Skillz
02-06-2009, 01:22 AM
hey whats the homepage of waffles?

is it waffles.fm?

redMonster
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
no stupid. that is a recipe torrent site. chefs from all over the world share their cooking learning videos and cookbooks there.