PDA

View Full Version : Ratio Proofs from different sites

neve2009
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Does it matter what site you show ratio proofs for when trying to get invited to a higher level private tracker? For example if I was trying to get on SCT and I showed a ratio proof with 700 gig upload on Torrentbytes or IPT.

If I had a ratio proof from a rarer private tracker, such as SCC, would it be looked more highly upon when considering for an invite.

Or perhaps it doesn't make a difference at all?

The_Martinator
02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Depends on the person that's looking at them. I would have respected a great ratio on those sites, especially if the account was old.
It also depends on the typeof tracker you're applying for. If it's BitmeTV, for instance, you'd need some ratios from hard to seed trackers.

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Personally i dont think it matters to much how rare the sites is, i think people just want to see if u know about the concept of keeping a good ratio.

BeckS
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I think that this invite issue depends on the guy holding the invite.
I've send some guys ratio proofs and link profiles with 10 TB (added) upload and I still couldnt get the invite because .... I dont know ... the guy didnt like my username, or he hated the trackers I have sent ratio proofs or he just preferred to give it to somebody else.

jasperr
02-03-2009, 01:13 PM
ratio proofs are a poor way to prove a person is a good user!... ever hear of ratio cheat and or of people using other peoples images as their own?? O.o

oh and speed tests are a joke also.. not valid for anything except attempting to prove how big your e-penis is..

D1zkK1ll
02-03-2009, 01:13 PM
maybe your chance is higher if you are part of a small community.. because only good members are on this communitys..

Villalltheway
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
oh and speed tests are a joke also.. not valid for anything except attempting to prove how big your e-penis is..

Totally agree with this, speed tests are just stupid, they tell u nothing, for all u know there speeds are being throttled or something.

jasperr
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
well, not only that but, just because someone has good speeds... does not mean they won't limit their speed.. which i see this all to often, even on well seeded torrents with over a 30+ seeders and only getting 60k?? common, tell me they don't hold back.. lol

Swift
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
you can show all trackers but don't forget to blur your name/passkey/email/ip and some cases the url of the tracker

neve2009
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah, this all seems to make sense now that I think about it. Every rare private tracker that i've ever got invited to has been through a friend who knew for a fact that I would be a good addition to the community. So it seems the best bet is to just meet people and eventually hook each other up :D

invite420
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I ask for stat url links to profile page @ anti-cheat sites
plus seeded torrent review

scares off most, few pass

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I would ask through pm for direct links to your tracker profile's, because you haven't formed an identity on FST yet and I have nothing else to judge you by. Then I would make sure you have the same username's on most of the sites, or else I might assume that you've gotten your accounts via giveaway/trade. I wouldn't want the risk of an active trader in my invite tree.

Frolsa84
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Well if I was looking to invite someone I'd ask for proofs from trackers where it's hard/impossible to cheat on.

jasperr
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I would ask through pm for direct links to your tracker profile's, because you haven't formed an identity on FST yet and I have nothing else to judge you by. Then I would make sure you have the same username's on most of the sites, or else I might assume that you've gotten your accounts via giveaway/trade. I wouldn't want the risk of an active trader in my invite tree.

i would say don't invite them period, unless you know them... but, given the nature of this site and post.. i would have to say yours is the most reasonable fashion.. although unless you know the person it's never a 100%.. well, now that i think about it.. it's not 100% even if ya did know them... lol

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
^^ Yeah, I've stopped inviting people I don't know to trackers for the most part, after being disappointed too many times. That was a suggestion of in my opinion the best way of judging someone you don't know very well. On occasion I'll use that method if someone I don't know comes off as honest.

It's not even just for this site. Most if not all private invite sites have tons of shite members who are putting up a false front. Users get caught up in their sense of exclusiveness and stop taking precautions, and that's how all the bittards in FTN, SCT, and the like get there

elya9
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
doesnt being overtly careful spoil the very spirit of sharing that torrenting inculcates. I mean its like not wanting to go out since you might get hit.

enviouz
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
i always ask for a few screenshots from similar sites with date and time in the shot. as well as utorrent stats screen. ill also download the images and zoom in on them...makes it easier to tell if they have been edited. plus i check post history here as well.

EL REY
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Every rare private tracker that i've ever got invited to has been through a friend who knew for a fact that I would be a good addition to the community. So it seems the best bet is to just meet people and eventually hook each other up :D:yup::yup:

Said it perfectly

Same here

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2009, 06:00 PM
doesnt being overtly careful spoil the very spirit of sharing that torrenting inculcates. I mean its like not wanting to go out since you might get hit.

Once you've been banned a few times for inviting cheaters and traders by accident you'll change your views. I'm not saying its bad to invite people you don't know, I'm saying I've stopped doing it through experience. The rewards of helping out strangers does not outweigh the cost of a potential ban. There are always exceptions but this is how I see it right now.

elya9
02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
you are right i guess
all i may suggest is be prudent but keep an open mind

Eventually if everyone stops trusting the community is dead
btw i am sure being cheated does sting so good luck fr the future m8

dragoi92
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
i think that the best way is to know a person than u can give him invite

vic
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
anybody can buy a seedbox.

elya9
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM

so whats wrong with the same. upload connections are not really strong in a lot of places.

vic
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM

so whats wrong with the same. upload connections are not really strong in a lot of places.

I didn't say it's wrong, just that ratio proofs - prove nothing.

central2rbay
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
maybe your chance is higher if you are part of a small community.. because only good members are on this communitys..

Quite true and has held most water for me in terms of receiving invites to the more private communities. Building social networks with elite users on sites you're already on, and sites such as FST is key - despite it being more duration intensive - pays off in the end, and get to meet some cool peeps. Being an active member of any community, with a solid long-term rep > any ratio & speed proof.

Best of luck!

Shadow876
02-05-2009, 06:06 PM

I agree with you have to be cautious about who you invite, after been ban from tracker from wich you invited the wrong person i understand you become more vigilante about who you choose, but you can't judge someone for having or not the same username on most of sites. This is not conclusive. This might indicates but doesn't mean this person is a trader.

Me for instance, i have different usernames and different passwords on all of my trackers and here also and that has nothing to do with trading. This is for security purpose. I'm sure i am not the only one to do this and this does'nt makes us traders. Just to make a point. ;)

Ratio proof accompanied by duration of membership is a good way to show your understanding of ratio system and show the dedication to keep a high ratio and reflect how active you are on the tracker. Of course your internet connection speed will influence considerably all this, hence comes the speedtest.

ghurka
02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Me for instance, i have different usernames and different passwords on all of my trackers and here also and that has nothing to do with trading. This is for security purpose. I'm sure i am not the only one to do this and this does'nt makes us traders. Just to make a point.It doesn't mean you are a trader but simply having different usernames puts you in a higher risk category. If you were asked to provide ratio proofs then those proofs could belong to anybody but if every one of those proofs had the same username and possibly the same username that you use here then you become in theory more trustworthy.

I'm not saying you aren't trustworthy by the way I'm just saying how it could be perceived.

dragoi
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
From what I know in very much forums like fst it is said to dont have the same username as on trackers , and I think that it easier for traders to not get caught but also some have the same name everywhere and that makes them more trustworthy or just stupid because they didnt read the rules .

Intr4ns1t
02-06-2009, 01:57 AM
because only good members are on this communitys..

I could show you some things that would break you of this belief ;)

@ OP, I really honestly think that screenshots are a poor way to show your activity level. As has been stated, they are too easily faked to be even remotely considered "proof" of anything. Post history is usually my number one resource for checking up on people that might want an invite, and if lacking that, profile links(always in pm of course;) ).

Cabalo
02-06-2009, 03:05 AM
LOLOLOL :lol:
some of those sites that don't require an application form, probably have the highest percent per capita of traders.

well, the times i invited someone from here, and i didn't have a very clear perspective of who that person was, what i did was to ask direct URL's to their profile links and confirm me via PM on that site that it were them.
as soon as someone showed the slightest sign of hesitation, no invite for you.

of course this isn't 100% foulproof, but helps to eliminate many potential people with bad intentions. Especially if you tell them in advance that if they cheat on that account, you will do all that is at your extent to get them banned from every site you remember contacting. :happy:

Shooster
02-06-2009, 03:06 AM
... So it seems the best bet is to just meet people and eventually hook each other up :D
And do you know how to do it (meet and hook) in practice?