PDA

View Full Version : FatalTracker

benficao
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
the oldest private trackers around ?

is it demonoid the oldest one ? or FL ?

The_Martinator
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I think torrentbytes is really old, also Pedro's. I'm relatively new to the BT world, though (2 years).

vic
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
FileList is if i am not mistaken.

Time-Traveller
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM
filelist must be nearly 4 years old if not more I have 200wk account

Tokeman
02-05-2009, 11:04 PM
demonoid is not private (you only have to sign up for some files), and with their massive downtime, I wouldn't put them at the top anyway for longevity...

primevil
02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
pleasuredome is old

apextwin146
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
TorrentBytes is really old ..
Supernova
I remember using LokiTorrents way back .. HOw old was that?

redMonster
02-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I recently received a mail / pm from a tracker which mentioned that they were celebrating their fifth anniversary. I just can't remember where I read that.

FSC probably?

stitched
02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
polish tracker is 5 years+, i think

Time-Traveller
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
pleasuredome is old

This used to be an amazing site, that most peeps won't have heard of, if your looking for ROM's this was one of the best resources on the net :)

NinjaX
02-07-2009, 05:48 AM
pleasuredome is old

This used to be an amazing site, that most peeps won't have heard of, if your looking for ROM's this was one of the best resources on the net :)

Its still alive and kicking ass :D

Cabalo
02-07-2009, 06:06 AM
AFAIK is FL.org. My account there is quite old.
torrentbytes is pretty old too, 4 years and a few weeks. I think the same as bitsoup, they appeared nearly at the same time.
PT is around 4,5 years old, just the same as Pisexy.

benficao
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
They say on filesharingnetworks that fatal tracker was born 7 years ago.... i had no idea. there where trackers so old.

fatal
02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow , you guys gotta thread . Yes , fataltracker turned 6 :)( but we are only 4 years with this DataBase) We've been thru alot , server changes, ownership changes, name changes(fataltracker-fatalbits-back to fataltracker ) ... but as our slogan says "Fatal will never die"
We just keep trucking.
Fatal has sorta gone underground , staying under 1000 members and cleaning house once a year ( bet some of you got pruned recently) But after the pruning the doors open for short time (open now for a bit see the thread in the private tracker forum). Still gots lots of the oldtimers there , picked up some of the Aradi people when they got shut down . If anyone has been around long enough they know Aradi was formed from Fatal staff members . They had a falling out with the old owner , as did alot of members .
But yes we are old and we still around ...

Pretty sure on this , 6 years ... but then again it all blurs . Where did you get your info from?I'd really like to see it .

amos430
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
demonoid must sign up for download files.
it's old pt site

fatal
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
@ benficao the sites open stop in and let me know where you got this info

www.fataltracker.com or www.fataltracker.net (forums)

We only remember back 6 years ;)

Swift
02-11-2009, 08:40 PM
it's a lame tracker

fatal
02-11-2009, 08:53 PM
and thats why you signed up

Swift
02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
so few users so few leechers/seeders ugly design.. should i continue ? it loads fast thats a +

fatal
02-11-2009, 10:49 PM
as I said in the other forums , we are a small under used site. Not everyone can be a TL or TB . we have just over 400 members and of them we get over 100 that visit the site daily . I'd say 25% is damn good . Check the percentages of your sites and see that they will be 17% at best.We do mainly movies xvids and dvds , our pretimes are very good .
In fact this past screener season we had 5 screeners released before any of the big trackers . 3 of those where exclusives (well for a few hours :lol: )

Just because we arent the cookie cutter trackers you are used to going to , dont knock it. We like being small , its gives BT'g a personalized effect. The staff actually interacts with the members ,and theres no one booted for low ratios . As long as member tries to seedback he/she will remain on the site.

stoi
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Check the percentages of your sites and see that they will be 17% at best

sorry have to reply to that.

BCG 27,398 members, last 24 hours 16,244 have visited.

cant be assed to work out the % but its a lot more than 17% or even 25% thats for sure.

As for a long running tracker, we have been going since 2003, albeit public/private in that time.

Swift
02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
as I said in the other forums , we are a small under used site. Not everyone can be a TL or TB . we have just over 400 members and of them we get over 100 that visit the site daily . I'd say 25% is damn good . Check the percentages of your sites and see that they will be 17% at best.We do mainly movies xvids and dvds , our pretimes are very good .
In fact this past screener season we had 5 screeners released before any of the big trackers . 3 of those where exclusives (well for a few hours :lol: )

Just because we arent the cookie cutter trackers you are used to going to , dont knock it. We like being small , its gives BT'g a personalized effect. The staff actually interacts with the members ,and theres no one booted for low ratios . As long as member tries to seedback he/she will remain on the site.

A sinceer and good answer I always liked those . I didn't know such info about this tracker nor the fact that it exist so I guess I was a bit rude when I called it "lame" sorry about that . Good luck with it it looks kinda old

fatal
02-12-2009, 01:22 AM
@stoi nice percentage , but you must agree .... you are not a general tracker . You are a specialty tracker , all bets are off when it come to that.
@Naix yes we are an old tracker , thus this thread ....I dont think 7 years , but atleast 6. We cater generally to over 30's although we do carry alot of late teen and early 20's there.Being low key is our specialty . Oh as far as the look , got 6 or 7 different skins . Something for everyone .
Besides , dont judge a book by its cover , oops there my age showing :lol:

The thing is @ fatal we really dont care, as long as the members we have use the site and dont abuse it ...we are happy <----- now that sounds lame , but its the truth . Our members are happy , our staff is happy . Like I said we prune we open the doors , grab a few hundred new members of which maybe 70 will be a fit. But those 70 like where they are.

Come and watch the site , you'll see that our times and upload speeds are pretty good for a site our size.

Fatal01
02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Just thought I'd come along and post too. History of FT =
Fatal Tracker/SuperOmega/FatalTracker/FatalBits/FatalTracker. Just over 6 years old, but not quite 7 yet !
Fatal didn't mention our forums, which are full of knowledge, banter, and competitions and have an excellent Games Arcade.

The thing is @ fatal we really dont care, as long as the members we have use the site and dont abuse it ...we are happy <----- now that sounds lame , but its the truth . Our members are happy , our staff is happy . Like I said we prune, we open the doors , grab a few hundred new members of which maybe 70 will be a fit. But those 70 will like where they are.

Highest membership was nearly 18,000 for a wee bit on Fatal Bits but after pruning this went down drastically, and we further pruned when we reverted to the Fatal Tracker name, then pruned again until we reached our present level. We would like to see a little increase, but intend to stay smal and friendly......

(NB - any members of the original FT may recognise the avatar which I used on FT and SuperOmega). Whatever happened to Cyberbike ? - Used to be staff way back when.... have traced most of the others who have faded into the distance, but not Cyberbike.......

benficao
02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Fatal, ive been away, didint saw your comments.

:)

talk to you on the irc i hope.

ps: sorry if i brought any attention undesired to your place.
somethimes a tracker is more than torrents,..... thats what some ppl dont understand.

ps: fatal ppl, the signup says im behind a proxy?
but im not.

Swift
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
@stoi nice percentage , but you must agree .... you are not a general tracker . You are a specialty tracker , all bets are off when it come to that.
@Naix yes we are an old tracker , thus this thread ....I dont think 7 years , but atleast 6. We cater generally to over 30's although we do carry alot of late teen and early 20's there.Being low key is our specialty . Oh as far as the look , got 6 or 7 different skins . Something for everyone .
Besides , dont judge a book by its cover , oops there my age showing :lol:

The thing is @ fatal we really dont care, as long as the members we have use the site and dont abuse it ...we are happy <----- now that sounds lame , but its the truth . Our members are happy , our staff is happy . Like I said we prune we open the doors , grab a few hundred new members of which maybe 70 will be a fit. But those 70 like where they are.

Come and watch the site , you'll see that our times and upload speeds are pretty good for a site our size.

I know your not as young as most of the users here I noticed that from your post .. not swering bashing and other lame texts/images yes i saw there are some skins plenty if i may say and different styles .
I never knew about this tracker untill this thread opened and let me say how did you manage to stay alive all this years ?:D

TranceMaster6003
02-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Filelist org is one of the oldest

Fatal01
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
ps: fatal ppl, the signup says im behind a proxy?
but im not.
@ benficao
Sure your ISP doesn't use a proxy ? Suppose it's unlikely if you're a seasoned torrenter, but I gotta ask !

fatal
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
@Naix we stay alive because we enjoy the site and the people . Numbers dont matter. We used to be a popular midlevel site , a staff member had a meltdown and banned 400+ peeps in like 3 days before anyone found out about it .Since then we havent recovered, word got out that fatal was a bad place. That was 4 years ago, since then we've had our small tight community , didnt advertise much, basically worked on word of mouth.
We keep to ourselves, and our members are great.
Freeleech is the norm on the site , I can say honestly its more free than not . Ratios arent a biggie , in fact we went ratioless for while . The oldtimers couldnt live without there numbers :lol:
With our small community we have managed to keep the monthly costs down to a very manageable amount , so even in the hardtimes we can still survive.
Our uploaders have the best axx around , that coupled with top .ru sites gives us the pretimes and material needed to stay at the level we are accustom to.
General Trackers are a nickel a dozen now days, we dont try to compete. If our members that join this month stay .... I hope they enjoy the site as much as I . If they choose not ... so be it . We will still be there.

@benficao, proxy problem on the tracker or forums ? These are separate servers (in case one goes down we are still in contact with the other). I should be able to clear your IP once I figure out which its on.

viru5
02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Oink? :S

fatal
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Oink what? its no longer active....

Enzo
02-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Demonoid maybe..

fatal
02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Im sure theres a handful of trackers , Public ,Semi-Private and Private that have been around over 5 years. Probably wouldnt be able to use all your fingers counting them .
It just amazes me how fast the years go by when your having fun . As I said 6 years is as far as we can recall.Its been up and down , good and bad.ATM I'm real happy where the site is , the staff the membership its all fantastic . But thats me I'm alittle bias. :lol:

Fatal01
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Someone mentioned Pedro. Did you mean Padro ? Chronic Tracker ? Padro had a split with the then owner when we went down briefly following ET's demise. He set up what was meant to be a temporary tracker, but having fallen out with Verve, his tracker remained. Some of the FT staff went with him, some stayed temporarily and came back to FT.
For a brief time after that there was a blossoming of small trackers, some born of Elite members, some ex-FT, some from elsewhere, and a lot of the FT staff staffed on many of these too. There was a group of friendly trackers who visited each others' sites, and so it didn't matter that we were all small, there was a bit for everyone in one of the group of trackers. We had (and FT still has) a community section in our forums where we talked to each other. Sadly, most of these trackers have died but FT will never die !
We lost one of our part-owners very recently to cancer, and it has been a sad time, but three of us remain, and we have a strong veteran staff too, with a core of faithful members.
I am pleased to see that Chronic Tracker (The Heart of Chronic) is still on the go, and so could also be counted among the veteran trackers. Unfortunately I let my account be disabled there when my health was not so good, but even after a heart attack I had my granddaughters keep me in touch with Fatal ! That's how much the site means to all of us !

Fishy2
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
That was a good read thanks guys! Nice to know places like that exist, I missed the sign ups maybe next time though :)

Swift
11-16-2009, 03:40 PM
how old is this tracker ?

b3owulf
11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
LinkoManija is 7 yo...

Fatal01
11-17-2009, 03:43 AM
@Fishy02 - you can join the forums at http://www.fataltracker.net/ and after a few posts maybe someone will give you a tracker invite.....

@Swift - approx 6 years

@B3owulf - If that is so, Linkomania would be older than Fatal Tracker by about a year.

The only person who could really confirm Fatal Tracker's age would be the original owner, Verve, or one of his colleagues of the time.....

I think the point was that there were few trackers that old still alive today. It's rare for communities to survive that long. Even Firefox browser didn't exist back then ! (I used Netscape).

The protocol was invented in late 2002 by Bram Cohen, as some will remember. Its use developped in 2003 and soon became adopted by file sharers. By the early part of 2004, it was becoming widely used by file sharers, and sites were springing up all over the world.
Encryption was developped mostly in 2006, the first being Bit Comet in late 2005 (PHE = Protocol header encryption) and then Azureus developped MSE (message stream encryption). Then Azureus and uTorrent got together and finalised PE = Protocol Encryption which is still used today.
So, really, you are not going to get BT sites older than 7 years, and very few that old.
There is a new type of Bit Torrent being developped atm by a French-Canadian torrent site that looks very exciting - TorrentSoap. If you are francophone, you can read about it here : http://www.journaldupirate.com/?p=3172 and here : http://www.torrentsoap.com/
The site, still running classic BT atm is : http://www.torrentqc.com
It will be, they promise, a decentralised p2p application based on Bit Torrent but tracker-less and encrypted.

Swift
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Why didn't you guys adapt to the new stuff added on trackers ?

Fatal01
11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
@ Swift

Why didn't you guys adapt to the new stuff added on trackers ?
Don't understand what you're getting at ?
What I didn't mention above was DHT - a really big threat to private trackers, but most trackers nowadays detect and block or ban users using it. The concept of distributed database is laudable, and certainly in the intentions of Bram in that it made Bit Torrent even more efficient, but the publishing of all the peers on a torrent to all and sundry was not exactly what private trackers were about !

However, I don't see what you mean by 'the new stuff added on trackers.'

If it's security, we use the latest scripts. If it's Bitsoap, well that's still under development, and I'm watching TQC to see how they implement it, if and when they do. The idea of trackerless Bit Torrent has been around for a while and various programmers have been looking at it. You still need the site, but the site only has a highly encrypted database and having made an encrypted torrent link on demand, does not store it anywhere on its server longer than a few minutes, so no records to reveal users activity on the server.
This would be ideal for small private trackers and for huge indexing sites both, of course.

What sets Bit Torrent apart from other file-sharing protocols such as Limewire and Bearshare is the central control over torrents, and therefore the ability to control content and ban malicious users from the tracker, making it a much safer proposition. How this would work with the new ideas in BitSoap I would like to see, because as soon as it becomes uncontrolled and no longer censorable, it opens the door for these evil beggars that like to trick you into downloadning all sorts of malware.

Fishy2
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
@ Fatal01

Thanks for the pointer :)And the quality posts 2,makes for good reading.

Fatal01
12-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks, Fishy2.
I'm by no means an expert, just an "Habitue".
I always advise people considering file sharing to consider Bit Torrent for the safety involved in the private trackers. Yes, there are mega sites like mininova who fulfil a demand, but they do not have the controls of the smaller sites, and you can end up downloading a lot of bad sh*t from these bigger indexing sites. So, once you get into the BT world, you should look for invites to the smaller private trackers, where content is moderated.

tezywezy
02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
just to put in my twopen'orth
Fatal was one of the first "private" trackers that I joined many many moons ago & still belong to.
Although I have walked away from almost all torrenting now, Fatal is always a pleasure to return to, the staff & members are & always have been second to none.
theres a lot of staff/users & trackers that could take a look & a leaf from Fataltrackers book

This is how it should be done

Fishy2
02-19-2010, 11:10 PM
just to put in my twopen'orth
Fatal was one of the first "private" trackers that I joined many many moons ago & still belong to.
Although I have walked away from almost all torrenting now, Fatal is always a pleasure to return to, the staff & members are & always have been second to none.
theres a lot of staff/users & trackers that could take a look & a leaf from Fataltrackers book

This is how it should be done

I agree :)

VinX
02-20-2010, 08:42 AM
FatalTracker is 7 years old .. hence it is the oldest Private bittorrent tracker .. hypernova or something like that was a public tracker but it was shut down ..

karachidude
02-20-2010, 10:29 AM
very good read..when the signups were open i confused it with FatalAttraction,and dint bother entering..but nice to see two guys,soo very passionate and dedicated to this veteran tracker,and workin still on gettin it better..bravo :)

autotron
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
very good read..when the signups were open i confused it with FatalAttraction,and dint bother entering..but nice to see two guys,soo very passionate and dedicated to this veteran tracker,and workin still on gettin it better..bravo :)

Though I have been quite through this whole post, I have been reading it. Yes Fataltracker is quite old, whether its the oldes remains to be seen, I believe we are but there may be older out there.
Fatal is the very first PRIVATE tracker I ever joined and from the get go was treated fairly and when I made a mistake I was not banned, warned or bashed, I was sent a PM stating what I had done and guided on how to correct it, I worked my way from user to PU to uploader to mod.....well not going to list all classes but leave it to say I put in my time the hard way until ultimately a part owner of this great site.
Fatal has had its share of ups and downs and there have been times we felt the end was near, and a couple times even discussed the idea of just closing down for good but we are a stuuborn bunch of old coots and held in there and keep on going, there have been many changes to the looks and feel of the site its self, and it has always maintained a safe enviroment for its users, the code is always updated to keep with the times for the safety and ease of use for all members and I dont think there has been one single day where at least one owner has been onsite checking logs, going through posts or just saying hi.
Bottom line we DO care about our users, we DO care about our staff and DO care about the torenting community on a whole.
Seven years?? pffft, A drop in the bucket, we are not going anywhere and will be here a lot longer, Fatal will never die :)

karachidude
02-20-2010, 08:09 PM
I am only 5-6 months old in the BT World,but i think this is the fantastic attitude other tracker admins need and should learn from :)..long live Fatal Tracker ;)