PDA

View Full Version : This is Wierd

harshytkage
02-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, for the past 2-3 months or so, i'd shifted from Vuze to Utorrent(Mainly because at that time many Private Trackers weren't supporting the new build), and i had been getting comparitively low speeds then i used to around 30-40 kBps less...the day before yesterday, i shifted back to vuze and downloaded Ubuntu off the original site, i was surprised that i was getting my same speeds again:w00t::w00t:,then i tried a torrent off TPB, same speeds, at first i thought it may have been because of some difference in the settings b/w vuze and utorrent, then i tried downloading something off a private tracker, a heavily seeded, 50:1 ratio torrent and i was getting reduced speeds:frusty::frusty::frusty:, anyone know why i would be getting faster speeds of public trackers than on private trackers...My connection speed is a 2mbps(embarrased...) down 756 kbps up connection...

Cabalo
02-06-2009, 05:08 AM
let me see if i got it right, you are getting low speeds from private trackers, no matter the client you are using, did i get it right?
i use Vuze, way superior to utorrent, and i have no problems of any kind.
did you disable DHT at both your clients ?

harshytkage
02-06-2009, 05:26 AM
yup...DHT disabled on both...it's almost verging on the limit of stupidity, i'm getting higher speeds on lowly seeded torrents than on a seed rich private tracker....
yeah! i always prefer Vuze over Utorrent(utorrent's just too stripped down), dunno whats the problem???

RexNex
02-06-2009, 05:38 AM
By stripped down... do you mean too processor efficient for your taste? need to use up some spare cpu cycles?

What feature does vuse have that utorrent dosen't?

harshytkage
02-06-2009, 05:44 AM
hey....this isn't a thread to have bt client wars, i have a problem and i was just sharing it with you guys and hoping that i would get a solution, it's personal choice, i just like vuze better...

So back to the problem....any suggetions???

Cabalo
02-06-2009, 06:17 AM
By stripped down... do you mean too processor efficient for your taste? need to use up some spare cpu cycles?

way too many to enumerate here. if you can't spot them is because you never used Vuze.

back ontopic, what are the values you are using for max connections, per client, etc etc ?

Albo Da Kid
02-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Which is better Vuze or Utorrent? In terms of speed, efficiency etc.. Also, which slows your pc down more, Vuze or Utorrent??

pone44
02-06-2009, 06:28 AM
I think Vuze definitely slows the PC down (depending on your setup) more than Utorrent but i prefer Vuze. Speeds are the same to me.

harshytkage
02-06-2009, 06:29 AM

way too many to enumerate here. if you can't spot them is because you never used Vuze.

back ontopic, what are the values you are using for max connections, per client, etc etc ?

Here are my settings-

Max upload- 60 KB/ps
Per torrent - 60 KB/ps
Max Download - Infinite
Max upload slots per torrent - 6
Max connections per torrent - 100
Max global connections - 250
Max seeds per torrent - infinite
Cache Size - 16 MB

Definitely Vuze sucks more out of your rig, but it's Waaaay more customisable as compared to utorrent, plus it's got many features(as cabalo stated too many to enumerate) over utorrent....but back to the problem...lol...were swaying fom the topic here,maybe i'll just start another thread "Vuze or Utorrent?" ;)

now back to the problem...

Lovestoned
02-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Most probably has something to do with max upload slots and max connections, if you're on Windows remember to patch your TCP connection.

Also try to use 'CountryLocator' on Vuze, and see if it's others being too far away from India or not.

It does make a difference, what I can suggest to people with slow internet would to be just leech of file hosts or just get a Usenet.

mol3culez
02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I'd honestly recommend stick with Utorrent. I have a pretty fast connection and Utorrent maxes out my connection up/down easily.
Doesn't matter if I'm using my girlfriends p4 3.77 1 gig ram or my personal Amd 9600 BE 4 gig.

Vuze, when I tried it would top out at 2.4MB/s.

Albo Da Kid
02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
I'd honestly recommend stick with Utorrent. I have a pretty fast connection and Utorrent maxes out my connection up/down easily.
Doesn't matter if I'm using my girlfriends p4 3.77 1 gig ram or my personal Amd 9600 BE 4 gig.

Vuze, when I tried it would top out at 2.4MB/s.
Damn you must have a good connection. I never seem to top Dl speed connection with Utorrent, that's why I was asking if Vuze is better.

nikita
02-06-2009, 07:09 AM
I think everyone already knows, but, you can use Azureus with the old interface (2.5 ...), this interface does not load any part of the code "vuze" but comes with all the updates to client torrent. This may relieve a little the weight of Azureus for who think he is weighed.

harshytkage
02-06-2009, 08:57 AM
my main problem isn't vuze vs utorrent, i'm sticking to vuze because utorrent has till date never maxed out my connection....i think i'll try lovestoned suggetion but if i change those, shouldn't my public tracker speed be the same as well, i mean that's the main anomaly here, i'm gettin more speeds out of public trackers than private trackers...

Villalltheway
02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Max upload- 60 KB/ps
Per torrent - 60 KB/ps
Max Download - Infinite
Cache Size - 16 MB

i only deal with utorrents now, vuze dont run nowhere near as smooth as utorrnts.

Anyway try increasing your max upload to something like 186 kb/ps
Max global connections to something like 750.
Max upload slots per torrent to 8

try it in utorrent tell me what happens.

Nikita ur right dont know what i was thinking, nevermind

nikita
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Plus public trackers are ususally always faster since theu have 1000's more seeders then private

Public trackers are usually slower than private trackers X.X

harshytkage
02-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Max upload- 60 KB/ps
Per torrent - 60 KB/ps
Max Download - Infinite
Cache Size - 16 MB

i only deal with utorrents now, vuze dont run nowhere near as smooth as utorrnts.

Anyway try increasing your max upload to something like 186 kb/ps
Max global connections to something like 750.
Max upload slots per torrent to 8

try it in utorrent tell me what happens.

Nikita ur right dont know what i was thinking, nevermind

Dude! My max upload is 72 kbps :frusty::frusty::frusty:
and i had those kinda settings in utorrent...dodn't work fer me...

Shafter
02-07-2009, 01:05 AM
In your original post you said you have 756kbps upstream. If so 60KBps should be a good starting point. Also have you compared encryption settings?

Albo Da Kid
02-07-2009, 05:22 AM
I just downloaded vuze 4.1 to try it out and I couldn't even get half the DL speed from sct. In Utorrent I get full speed. Am I doing something wrong in Vuze, like do I need to mess with the settings or what??

Someone help. Vuze looks 10 times better han Utorrent. I just need someone to help me with the settigns so I ca get full speeds

Cabalo
02-07-2009, 05:29 AM
of course you are doing something wrong! :D
did you disable the DHT ? google azureus DHT disable, and you have a quick answer.
also, have you tweaked the connections values, portforwarded it etc ?

Albo Da Kid
02-07-2009, 05:38 AM
I just portforwarded the Vuze port in my linksys router. Now I will try to disable the DHT and I'll let you know how it goes.

I disabled DHT and the speeds picked up a little. But my Pc is going slow as fuck. I like how Vuze looks and feels and I might consider using it instead of Utorrent

RexNex
02-07-2009, 06:39 AM
There's no way disabling DHT will give u a speed boost... anything you notice will just be coincidence...

granted, u should keep it disabled if you're on private trackers

Cabalo
02-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I just portforwarded the Vuze port in my linksys router. Now I will try to disable the DHT and I'll let you know how it goes.

I disabled DHT and the speeds picked up a little. But my Pc is going slow as fuck. I like how Vuze looks and feels and I might consider using it instead of Utorrent
don't forget to add some neat add-ons you can find at their site of via the plugins menu. You have total control of what you are doing with vuze. especially the download status bar, that doesn't come by default installed.

Albo Da Kid
02-07-2009, 07:43 AM
KK thanks. I'll take a look right now and see what I can find.
Yea I notice that you have more control in Vuze than you do in Utorrent. Vuze is better looking also. I think I'll stick with it.

John Rambo ftw btw. This new avatar is da shit

Cabalo
02-07-2009, 07:46 AM
and it will take you a while to master all its endless options. if you have any doubt on some setting post it here or pm me.
once people get used to vuze, they don't want to come back :)

the only site i encountered so far that doesn't allow it is PT. other than that, all sites allow and recommend it.

yeah, i downloaded the movie Cobra and was playing around taking screenies.
tomorrow i'll make a new sig too muhaha

Albo Da Kid
02-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Yea I know what you mean. It seems like I've been missing out with Utorrent all this time. alright man I'll let you know for sure thanks.

harshytkage
02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Dude...cabalo...siq avatar and sig, i'm pretty sure i'll copy yours with a disclaimer soon.. ;)

dude...could you pm me every single detailed settings for vuze for a 2mbps up and 756 kbps down connection which you would recommend and which plugins are you using at the moment ..PLEEAASSEEE!!!!
really, this is gettin frustrating, i used to get torrents at abt 220-230 kbps before, then it went down to 190 then it hasn't gone above 170 for a month! :frusty:

Cabalo
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
later this afternoon i'll post screenies of the settings i'm using,i think nothing is easier than that ;)
really guys, it's quite simple to configure once you read the options carefully. It's not a client for the noobs ;)
you will love it with the time.

Night0wl
02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Dude...cabalo...siq avatar and sig, i'm pretty sure i'll copy yours with a disclaimer soon.. ;)

dude...could you pm me every single detailed settings for vuze for a 2mbps up and 756 kbps down connection which you would recommend and which plugins are you using at the moment ..PLEEAASSEEE!!!!
really, this is gettin frustrating, i used to get torrents at abt 220-230 kbps before, then it went down to 190 then it hasn't gone above 170 for a month! :frusty:

Are the speeds you are getting steady or do they fluctuate a lot. The reason I'm asking is because if they fluctuate a lot, then it might be because you are allowing too many tcp connections as a whole or per torrent.

harshytkage
02-07-2009, 06:18 PM
nope...no fluctuation...just the gradual slow down...my isp says there's nothing wrong from their side...