PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 Player That Keeps...

gregster007
09-15-2003, 04:26 PM
I remember reading somewhere and sometime ago that there was a MP3 player that would play mp3's at the same volume level. As I have found some mp3's are louder than others.
Anyone know it or have any links to one.

Cheers

Vargas
09-15-2003, 04:37 PM
here is an mp3 player that has that option http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#1by1
and here is a winamp 2.xx plugin that reportedly does that:
Compressor & Wider 1.1 for Winamp (46 KB) (http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/dsp_compwide.exe) (2003-01-25) Winamp DSP plugin audio enhancer

VB
09-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Another plugin for winamp is 'MP3 Gain'.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-15-2003, 06:35 PM
:huh: Hmmmmmmm.....I do need one of these for WinAMP.Which one.....I guess try them both out. :D

Jibbler
09-15-2003, 08:49 PM
WMP9 for XP has automatic volume leveling so that each mp3 plays at the same volume. :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@15 September 2003 - 15:49
WMP9 for XP has automatic volume leveling so that each mp3 plays at the same volume. :)
;) Now come on Jibbler.....a so called Professional( :rolleyes: ) like yourself should know that WMP sucks for Music.

Gutter
09-15-2003, 09:24 PM
It does suck but honestly it has that plug in

Do I use that plug in? No

mogadishu
09-15-2003, 09:57 PM
hmm.. i gotta try some of these. i gotta a lot of singles i neet to stabalize.

Jibbler
09-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+15 September 2003 - 16:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 15 September 2003 - 16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jibbler@15 September 2003 - 15:49
;) Now come on Jibbler.....a so called Professional( :rolleyes: ) like yourself should know that WMP sucks for Music. [/b][/quote]
Well, I don&#39;t use the autoleveling it was just a suggestion. However I do use WMP9. I&#39;m a firm believer of using Microsoft resources, as long as they work, which this does, and they are efficient (low use of system resources). There are some advantages to WMP9. Built in CD burning, no separate program needed. Also, it has the ability to monitor folders and updates in real time when files are moved from one directory to another. No other program on the market has this. In addition, if you use the Fast CD Burning plugin that comes with the new Nero, you can burn a CD in minutes, like 3 minutes with my 24x burner, faster if you have something quicker.

Now it may not be the best standalone player on the market, but I don&#39;t listen to mp3s on my pc much. 99% of my files get burned to disk anyway. In fact, most users have a pc with too little RAM, and they try to do too many things at once, hense the reason they create so many coasters when burning disks. ;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@15 September 2003 - 17:44
In fact, most users have a pc with too little RAM, and they try to do too many things at once, hense the reason they create so many coasters when burning disks.&nbsp; ;)
:huh: They do? :huh:

;) Everybody knows you are not to do nothing else when Burning.

Never heard of useing WMP to Burn.....I like this NERO 6.....think I will stick to that. :D

dingoBaby
09-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Check out Media Center 9 from JRiver. Its an all-in-one, similar to WMP but with more features and functionality. It includes an audio analyzer that will scan all your files and allow you to adjust replay gain/level playback volume. Check it out here: MC 9 (http://www.jriver.com/mediacenter)

Jibbler
09-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 September 2003 - 19:29
;) Everybody knows you are not to do nothing else when Burning.

Never heard of useing WMP to Burn.....I like this NERO 6.....think I will stick to that. :D
Yes, you can burn directly from WMP9 if you have the XP version, because they have integrated it into the operating system. Nero is ok, though the search for cracks and serials is a huge pain in the ass with Nero&#39;s software.

Side note: I have a Pentium 4 with 1gig of RAM. I can burn a DVD, a CD, and and still download/upload with IRC at the same time. I wouldn&#39;t recommend this for someone on anything less than a p4 computer or 512k RAM. No coasters here, as the buffers on new drives have taken care of this problem ages ago. :)

gregster007
09-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Cheers everyone for the replies.
I perfer using winamp for playing my mp3&#39;s so I have decided on the mp3 gain program at http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net which seems to work very well at the moment.

Lamsey
09-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@15 September 2003 - 22:44
Well, I don&#39;t use the autoleveling it was just a suggestion. However I do use WMP9. I&#39;m a firm believer of using Microsoft resources, as long as they work, which this does, and they are efficient (low use of system resources). There are some advantages to WMP9. Built in CD burning, no separate program needed. Also, it has the ability to monitor folders and updates in real time when files are moved from one directory to another. No other program on the market has this.
Quintessential Player does the folder mirroring, and kicks WMPs ass for efficiency.

On WeeMouse&#39;s crappy computer, WMP takes up 50% of CPU resources when playing an mp3, 60% if the EQ is enabled. Quintessential uses 5% at most, whether EQ is enabled or not.

Trust me, WMP is a fairly shitty piece of programming.

LTJBukem
09-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Nobody has mentioned Musicmatch Jukebox, so i thought i would. It does volume levelling, monitors your library for changes, burns, updates ID3 tags, rips, internet radio..... It&#39;s a really handy little fella. Mind you, that&#39;s the plus version which i paid for.

I tend to use Winamp to listen to music, but musicmatch for it&#39;s features, particularly updating the tags of my music :ph34r: downloads.

http://www.musicmatch.com/