PDA

View Full Version : whoah, does my connection blow?

Col. Skillz
02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
xx

Swift
02-07-2009, 01:51 PM
you retarded or what ?

vobilli
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I guess we first need to ask what speed you're paying for. I was with TWC before FiOS and I was getting much better than that, but I was also paying out the ass.

Lovestoned
02-07-2009, 02:01 PM
1.8 mB/s DL isn't that bad.

EL REY
02-07-2009, 02:07 PM
you retarded or what ?That's a bit harsh, but funny. :lol::lol:

Back to topic: Your DL looks good to me, but not so much your UL.

I too, had a descent DL but shitty UL, so that is why I got a box.

harshytkage
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
heck...beats having a 2 mbps down 756 kb up connection...

Col. Skillz
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
yeah its the upload that bugs me, could an old/bad modem possibly be the culprit?

vobilli
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Again, we'd need to know what you're paying for (supposed to be getting).

The_Martinator
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, you mostly get as much as your ISP provides you with (at least I do, but mine is way worse than yours). Visit your ISP's website to see if your getting what the plan says you should.

Col. Skillz
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
im paying around 45-50 a month. dollars, us dollars.

harshytkage
02-07-2009, 02:45 PM
lol...i'm paying 5 bux a month for my shitty connection...

E3DaMeX
02-08-2009, 02:12 AM
$5?! o_O That's fricking 6 times more cheaper than what I pay and I thought mine was pretty cheap! =O On-topic, I'd say your download is really good (better than mine), but your upload speed kinda fails for the price you're paying imo; especially considering this is in the U.S. =)

phrenzy
02-08-2009, 02:26 AM
im paying around 45-50 a month. dollars, us dollars.

I had an old modem like 5 years old. Got a new one and my upload went up, way up... Much cheaper now too... $35.00 bucks...

why in the hell did i quote that post.....

Mystic
02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
That seems about right for Time Warner Cable. When I had their standard package here (Maine) it was $44.95/month for 5Mbit/384Kbps. When I upgraded to the turbo package for an extra $10/month I had 10Mbps/1Mbps.

Now they've upgraded my turbo to 15Mbps/1Mbps. I'm pretty sure they increased the speeds for standard too but I'm not sure exactly what they are.

enviouz
02-08-2009, 04:35 AM
i dont think your speeds are bad. i get about 1500kbps down/500kbps up. i pay 40 bux a month. im on a local isp due to the fact that i live in a very rural area and they are the only ones that service this area. i was originally on a 768/256 plan. then they upgraded everyone to 4/1 (for free of course). ive never seen those speeds though. the tech says its because im out so far (im right at the edge of service). dsl has that distance limitation or so ive been told. im happy with what i am getting though even though it would be nice to get the advertised speeds.

Albo Da Kid
02-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Switch to Optimum. 30/5 Mbps for only 45-50$ a month

harshytkage
02-08-2009, 07:05 AM
$5?! o_O That's fricking 6 times more cheaper than what I pay and I thought mine was pretty cheap! =O On-topic, I'd say your download is really good (better than mine), but your upload speed kinda fails for the price you're paying imo; especially considering this is in the U.S. =)

lol....actually, i'm in India, and here you don't have much options the max possible connection speed available being 8mbps/8mbps with a 15 GB monthly cap...i know...sux BIGTIME...

Lovestoned
02-08-2009, 07:12 AM

lol....actually, i'm in India, and here you don't have much options the max possible connection speed available being 8mbps/8mbps with a 15 GB monthly cap...i know...sux BIGTIME...

Look on the bright side, at least you can download a movie once every 2 days.

Col. Skillz
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM

at least you have internet over there. you must be upper class or something.

india = death. literally. MURDAAAA

manbearpig
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Umm.. WTF r u racist or was that a joke??? :huh::huh:

anywaz in india broadband is improving.. I have a 384kbps up and down connection and it takes me like 6 hours to download a 2 cd movie.. :P

and
I pay abt 20 dollars a month

Col. Skillz
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Umm.. WTF r u racist or was that a joke??? :huh::huh:

anywaz in india broadband is improving.. I have a 384kbps up and down connection and it takes me like 6 hours to download a 2 cd movie.. :P

and
I pay abt 20 dollars a month

lol it was a joke, but i do know a guy from mumbai and he said there was a lot of crime.

E3DaMeX
02-08-2009, 03:23 PM

lol....actually, i'm in India, and here you don't have much options the max possible connection speed available being 8mbps/8mbps with a 15 GB monthly cap...i know...sux BIGTIME...Haha, I could tell you were from India from the flag. ;) But that 15GB cap is just....fail. O_O

Col. Skillz
02-08-2009, 03:31 PM
does your cap mean you can only download 15gb PERIOD?

would you be cut off if you went over? like no more browsing?

i dont know if this will help you, but it might be worth checking out

http://tor.imageshack.us/tor/

I use it to torrent when i dont want to use my internet connection, or when my connection is being sued up for something else

Aliyans
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM

dont try to bend n lick ur ass a.hole:shutup:=retard=shitty fella.. ur greed tells me like u invented internet.. may be 50% of ur IT are indian brains:cool: a.hole..:w00t:

dont be idiotic by shitty posts like this anymore retard

kevinsert
02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
you retarded or what ?
i think he's noobest one in FST

Swift
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
you retarded or what ?
i think he's noobest one in FST

i checked out his created threads in his profile and all are retarded and if you'd check search button you could have found your retarded questions

maybe hes 10 y'old or something

Aliyans
02-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I dont think changing username will change the great impression u made kiddo

colbert
02-09-2009, 04:44 AM
whoah, why create a thread like this?