PDA

View Full Version : You have been invited to TehConnection!

predateur
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
did any one of you recived the same mail ?
i got this mail and i am not even a member there, with lots of invites links but no one work lol

Nemrod
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes, and they sent other mail:

Sorry for the other email, it was a bug in the script, all of those invite keys have been disabled

It seems that everyone who had an account in Nemesyz/Bitrefinery got the inviting mail.

Aliyans
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
thats a bug... u might have got a second mail with real invite... lol.. if u are a member why u need invite..but seemingly even members got that mail..donno why they are sending invite link to members..may be they want dupe acc lol

predateur
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes, and they sent other mail:

Sorry for the other email, it was a bug in the script, all of those invite keys have been disabledIt seems that everyone who had an account in Nemesyz/Bitrefinery got the inviting mail.

yep i got another mail , but the invite dont work either lol , and i never been member with TehConnection or Nemesyz/Bitrefinery , dunno why they send to non-members :P

raghuveer
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
i got a working invite their

The_Martinator
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I only got the second mail informing me about the bug, lol. I went: wtf!!??

:D

Nemrod
02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I donīt like at all to receive this kind of mails. It means that somewhere, sometime my e-mail was given to others without my permission.
I am TC member, but the mail I have there since I opened my account it is not the same I received this invite.

bumrocks
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
That appears to be a major messed up bug...Kind of disheartening that they would even stockpile an email list like that...Somebody apparently is abusing their power at another site...

twist off
02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
+1 on the e-mail... I've never been a member on tehconnection or NeMeSyZTorrents/BitRefinery. :ermm:

danio
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
hmm, all i know about this is that some other site (one of the one mentioned here i think) was considered a sister site for TC. that's probably why they think it's alright to send out mass invite mails to those who were a member there.

(they announced this in a news post a few months back that they will offer invites for everyone that was a member at this shutdown sister site.. i just can't remember which site it was about :))

integral
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Although there doesn't seem to be any "Staff" button on TC, mods on TC are affiliated with sites such as SCT, SCC, etc. So it's not unlikely that these guys share e-mails. I don't really think anything of it though, since I don't use any serious e-mails for torrenting.

Disme
02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't really think anything of it though, since I don't use any serious e-mails for torrenting.

That's exactly what I was going to answer. With the abundance of junk-e-mail-adress-services I don't see the urge to use any of my RL-e-mail-adresses, so I couldn't care less if they give out my e-mail anywhere.

Wi0
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
No e-mails were shared from any other trackers. You received an e-mail because you signed up at said sites in the past. It goes back to 2007 and even before. Maybe you have forgotten that you had signed up, but I guarantee you did. I don't remember all the sites I've signed up for...

We are building the biggest and best movie tracker, and we have stated previously these e-mails would be going out once we moved to Gazelle and felt all major bugs were worked out. This was our sister site that was taken over then closed; we still had the database of course.

If you still have issues, come on IRC and I will tell you the exact date you confirmed your account.

_coder_
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
never been a member on any of their sites and i still got an invite anyways the site is a load of crap, waste of time

Wi0
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
never been a member on any of their sites and i still got an invite anyways the site is a load of crap, waste of time

LOL. You were, otherwise your e-mail wouldn't be in the database. The waste of time was your post.

hahaha going through the first page of your posts I can see you're a great contributor to all things that are happy around here.

_coder_
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
@Wi0
So now your going to tell me what tracker i was a member of and and which one I wasn't a member of, yeah right..

Stop posting stupid crap..shitbag :)

Detale
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
OK easy now Coder. How do you explain the Email then? Did they just start sending it to random emails?? BTW Wi0 is staff @ TC

taktak
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
me 2

no_bother
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
even if you difdnt, its open signups

_coder_
02-15-2009, 12:52 AM
OK easy now Coder. How do you explain the Email then? Did they just start sending it to random emails?? BTW Wi0 is staff @ TC

I seriously cant explain the email :O