PDA

View Full Version : Cd Exchange Stores

Strykstergremlin
09-15-2003, 09:35 PM
:wacko: I have commonly over my years ( I'm 45 ) bought cassettes and cd's , just to make copies for my self , and then trade them with friends , or the local CD Exchange store - just to repeat the proscess again .
As the OWNER of the media NOBODY can tell me what I can or cant do with it .
No one can tell me I cant sell or trade it . If this is illegal WHY are there so many exchange stores profiting from cd bartering , they arent paying revenues to the recording industry are they ? Surely this is digital media . The analog (tapes) stuff isnt an issue , but 2/3 of all my older stuff came from tapes , and off the radio !!!
HA HA HA - Eat that industry guru's!!!
Now tell me how a judge can prosecute us for file sharing through our PC's , but we can swap the actuall cd's physicaly and save them in our pc drives ???
Is my IQ dropping or what???
Are any exchange stores being sued ?
Boycott ?? I havent paid for music in 25 years !!! (well-ok , but less than $200.00)
I share over 100 full albums on kazaa , and have swapped over 500 physicaly .
Any comments ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phoenix_1
09-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Actually its illegal to keep a copy of the music after you've sold it to anyone. When you sell music you're not selling the actual music, you're selling the license to that music. So in partial answer, the judge really can nail you for sharing files on your hard drive because both parties end up with a copy where only one (or zero!) copy was purchased. However you have a point with the radio thing. Recording off the radio is really no different from 'recording' off the internet. That would be a good argument if you're sued ;) But that aside, the RIAA deserves anything they get from P2P - they've been price fixing music for years and its time they got smacked.

_John_Lennon_
09-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix_1@15 September 2003 - 17:31
Actually its illegal to keep a copy of the music after you've sold it to anyone. When you sell music you're not selling the actual music, you're selling the license to that music. So in partial answer, the judge really can nail you for sharing files on your hard drive because both parties end up with a copy where only one (or zero!) copy was purchased. However you have a point with the radio thing. Recording off the radio is really no different from 'recording' off the internet. That would be a good argument if you're sued ;) But that aside, the RIAA deserves anything they get from P2P - they've been price fixing music for years and its time they got smacked.
Yeah, u have to destroy you "backup" of it, when you are no longer the owner, because you have pocession a "backup" or whatever of someone else's property.

Strykstergremlin
09-16-2003, 12:16 AM
:rolleyes: Let me see if I have this right Boys and girls .
1. The industry is only able to prosecute us for unpurchased digital music that is copywrited , but cant go after analog , because of radio conflicts , even though we can copy digital radio music , over the air , onto cds . Hmmm.
2. I can copy analog music , digitize it , put it onto cd , put it in my shared folder , and it is illegal for you to copy it from me. Hmmm.
3. we could all simply copy all our music from cassetts and radio (or claim we did so ) and digtaly record them and put them in our shared folders ...Hmmm...
4. If we were smart we would all backup our shared music files to cassette , as a legal defense ... Hmmm.
Am I seeing this right ??? :-"

vader
09-16-2003, 12:36 AM
it's definately f___ up :blink: :huh: :unsure: :huh:

Strykstergremlin
09-16-2003, 03:12 AM
:lol: FYI , at any given time , 24 hrs. a day , if you divide the the number of kazaa total files shared into the number of kazaa users online--- the average user is sharing appx. 200 files , wich is 2x the number the industry is persuing .
We are all speeding on the same freeway .
The cops are having a problem deciding who to ticket : B) !!!

KazaaBoy
09-17-2003, 02:50 AM
the RIAA deserves anything they get from P2P - they've been price fixing music for years and its time they got smacked. I read some where that Universal records have cut their album prices from $17 to $12 because of the fall in music purchase. The little people are fighting back B)