PDA

View Full Version : would your account be compromised

Col. Skillz
02-08-2009, 05:00 PM
if a friend invited you, and then he cheated or did something that got him banned.

so like, if the guy who invites you gets banned for any reason, could you possible get a ban too?

i know it works like that the other way around, where you are responsible for your invitees.

Lovestoned
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Edited since people are being just too serious on the board, I will not reply to any comments about these to avoid any further disputes.

The_Martinator
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Depends on the tracker in question, really. So far I' ve only invited a cheater to IPtorrents once. I got a PM about it sying that if I keep doing that my invite privs might be taken away.

bumrocks
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Really it is going to depend on the site. Some don't care. Some are lenient. And some are hardcore. Too many variables unless you mentioned a specific site...

Swift
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
why do you ask ? you're inviter got caught cheating ?

Nemrod
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
In almost all sites you are responsible for your invitees. Some are more strict than others, maybe due to a smaller number of members or a more committed and laborious staff.
Mentioning just one: BitMeTV is one of those sites where you can lose your account if your inviter or your invitee cheat or trade, and they are good hunters. Some sites even disable the whole invite tree.
Finally, itīs not the same to be banned or disabled due to inactivity that to be banned for cheating or trading. In the first case I donīt think you are punished with a ban, but in the other two situations most likely you will pay.

Col. Skillz
02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
im just asking because id rather not bother with trades and keep my account. if i didn't ask these things i woudlnt know, and might end up getting bizzan'd like some peeps =p. this stuff seems too dangerous for me.

Enlightened
02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Depends on the tracker in question, really. So far I' ve only invited a cheater to IPtorrents once. I got a PM about it sying that if I keep doing that my invite privs might be taken away.

Exactly, For SCT , I think the whole of the Tree Invitees gets shafted, if the Inviter somehow is banned

pro267
02-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes you could, if he was a invite seller or such then you'll have quite a high chance of getting the banned if the staff was bent on getting his invite tree getting the holocaust the Nazi way.

http://boilingpotusa.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/bush_sieg_heil.jpg
You call tracker staff nazis for pursuing invite sellers?

Do you even know what happened in the holocaust? How many millions died? How many people were sent to labor camps, starved to death, shot or gased? How dare you even come up with such a comparison?

Welcome to my ignore list.

slammers
02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
depends on the tracker...

sct is kinda harsh in it but other trackers are aswell. And again on ScT, you might be lucky sometimes. They don't always ban the full invite tree

Polarbear
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes you could, if he was a invite seller or such then you'll have quite a high chance of getting the banned if the staff was bent on getting his invite tree getting the holocaust the Nazi way.

http://boilingpotusa.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/bush_sieg_heil.jpg
You call tracker staff nazis for pursuing invite sellers?

Do you even know what happened in the holocaust? How many millions died? How many people were sent to labor camps, starved to death, shot or gased? How dare you even come up with such a comparison?

Welcome to my ignore list.

i was about to post this. what a stupid and ignorant comparison. don't use the word holocaust in such a trivial way when you don't even know what you're talking about. the stupidity here is sometimes hard to believe.

Lovestoned
02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, that's what people call them.

You don't have to be that serious on a board but if you think like that then I'll take it off then.

Wouldn't actually mind if I'm on your ignore list since you're just taking it too much.

sez
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
bit-HDTV and x264 do that...has happened to me...
<me>why has my account been disabled..
<meanstaff>go ask your inviter..
\0/

fatcat69
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Really it is going to depend on the site. Some don't care. Some are lenient. And some are hardcore. Too many variables unless you mentioned a specific site...

Bumrocks nailed it on the head...

Well, that's what people call them.

You don't have to be that serious on a board but if you think like that then I'll take it off then.

Wouldn't actually mind if I'm on your ignore list since you're just taking it too much.

http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/southpark/collectibles/stupid_stick.jpg