PDA

View Full Version : TheDvdClub - opinions?

HeldThread
02-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi, I'm a regular viewer of the forums but pretty much just "lurk" and get ppl's opinions, etc. I'm not a trader and I dont collect trackers for any reason. I mostly use a couple of great trackers that I won't mention. I almost exclusively am interested in DvD-r's and both trackers I use are great for new movies and great speeds, but I am wondering if TheDvdClub would be worth trying to get into? Is there any point, or should I just stick with what I have? I assume TheDvdClub has some more older content as well? Just looking for an opinion. Sry for not being more specific, but I'm kinda paranoid about naming trackers on public forums and then losing my accounts.

redMonster
02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Get Swebits (IMO the best), TTi (good request section) and (probably) BitHQ (never been on this site) for DVDR content. If you are nordic, then nothing better than swedvdr.

I have been on thedvdclub and they don't have enough seeds on something older. I may be totally wrong on this, but I think the speeds on new torrents aren't very great either.

HeldThread
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I am looking only for NTSC material and am located in North America.

Lovestoned
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
red, may I know why do you think Swebits is the best?

TDC's got 1500+ DVDRs while BitHQ has 4000+ DVDRs.

E3DaMeX
02-08-2009, 06:23 PM
TDC is pretty good for DVDRs in my opinion....although I never use the tracker since I'm not the DVDR guy. HD and Blu-Ray for me! TTi is pretty good too. I like their movie of the week. =)

slammers
02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
sdbits
bithq
cinematik

you could try those....

I wouldn't recommend thedvdclub... it's not THAT good....

primevil
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I grab quite a few dvdr's and I found neither bithq or dvdclub useful. A big general tracker with requests likely be the best bet.

alcoholik
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
tti have many dvdr's. TDC in my opinion is nothing to get in to. it's not worth it.

RoboFace
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
If you are looking for NTSC DVD, TDC is a great place grab some but I have a big complain.
TDC has one of toughest H&R rule trackers may have which is "Every torrents you download must be seeded to at LEAST 0.7 or 72hours without a leecher."
So if you have slow connection you may have to seed forever and it is usually more than 4GB each. :pinch:

nikita
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
If you are looking for NTSC DVD, TDC is a great place grab some but I have a big complain.
TDC has one of toughest H&R rule trackers may have which is "Every torrents you download must be seeded to at LEAST 0.7 or 72hours without a leecher."
So if you have slow connection you may have to seed forever and it is usually more than 4GB each. :pinch:

LOL

just seed what you get....until 0.7 or if does not have leecher, just wait 72 hours X.X

RoboFace
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
LOL

just seed what you get....until 0.7 or if does not have leecher, just wait 72 hours X.X

Believe me "72hours without a leecher" is not easy as it seems, I tried few times.. :P

E3DaMeX
02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
After reading that, I don't think I'm ever going to get anything from there. o_O

killercam101
02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
After reading that, I don't think I'm ever going to get anything from there. o_O

:cry: OMG because your contribution to TDC would have actually mattered

http://tinyurl.com/bylwa9

TranceMaster6003
02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
TDC is not so good,i was a member and i was disappointed.They have a lot good DVD stuff but there is too little seeders.I think HDBITS.org is best DVD,HDDVD,Bluray tracker.

E3DaMeX
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM

:cry: OMG because your contribution to TDC would have actually mattered

http://tinyurl.com/bylwa9I know....I can't even imagine how they are going to do without me. :naughty:

1000possibleclaws
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Freeleech on movie packs is so abundant on TDC that it's totally destroyed their (ratio) economy. That's why none of the older torrents have healthy seeds. When you have a 1TB buffer from seedboxing the various packs, theres really no point in prolonged seeding of older torrents unless you're being altruistic, and the community as a whole isn't particularly generous.

TTi has some great uploaders and a huge userbase so they can get away with their MOTD/MOTW stuff and still maintain good seeds, due to the amount of traffic they get, and also maybe because of the ratio requirements for the higher ranks.

Time-Traveller
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm not a big fan of TheDVDClub anymore it's just a bit meh really.

However if it's specifically NTSC images your looking for its still well worth signing up.

redMonster
02-09-2009, 05:40 AM

TDC's got 1500+ DVDRs while BitHQ has 4000+ DVDRs.That is just my opinion. Whatever movies I look for, I generally find it on swebits or piratebits or any of the swedish private trackers. It is good if you like mainstream.

crimsonhaze
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I almost exclusively am interested in DvD-r's and both trackers I use are great for new movies and great speeds, but I am wondering if TheDvdClub would be worth trying to get into? Is there any point, or should I just stick with what I have? I assume TheDvdClub has some more older content as well? Just looking for an opinion.

Well, if you get the opportunity to get into TDC, then take it.

Lovestoned
02-09-2009, 08:22 AM

TDC's got 1500+ DVDRs while BitHQ has 4000+ DVDRs.That is just my opinion. Whatever movies I look for, I generally find it on swebits or piratebits or any of the swedish private trackers. It is good if you like mainstream.

Oh that's just your personal take on it eh?

I figure BitHQ/TDC/TTi will do me just fine. :D

grimms
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
TDC is pretty good for DVDRs in my opinion....although I never use the tracker since I'm not the DVDR guy. HD and Blu-Ray for me! TTi is pretty good too. I like their movie of the week. =)

My opinion is the same. Still a good site to check up on though, once in awhile.