PDA

View Full Version : Translating a whole site

magushun
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi

Im just wondering, if anybody knows a site, that translates whole sites... Well, to make it clearer, I found FANTASTIC jazz concert dvds at torrents.ru, and I would like to browse that site, but I can't understand a word, and it can't be changed to english. When I tried with google translator, I couldn't log in, and it didn't do the trick. If anybody has an idea, please, share with us.

teresckova
02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
yea...i am looking for that me too...i dont get a sh*t from nordic trackers

Hologram
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
try; babelfish.yahoo.com/ (http://yahoo.com/)

vic
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Google Translate makes it good enough to browse the page.

teresckova
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
yea but after login,nothing happens...it translate only the login page

slammers
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
www.worldlingo.com

I think that one does....

check into it though or google on 'website translater' or so....

vic
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM

I managed to login to some sites ( not torrent sites, regular php forums ) with it. :huh:

dezza
02-13-2009, 10:33 PM
There's also alot of good extensions to Firefox, then you can translate the only part that you do not understand.

magushun
02-14-2009, 12:36 AM
There's also alot of good extensions to Firefox, then you can translate the only part that you do not understand.

um, for example?

Tomtetrollet
02-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Ok, hope I don't get banned for posting a link now...
2 seconds of searching on google gave me this:

hxxp://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2444

Seems pretty good if you take a look at the images and it does seem to be quite useful and easy to use.

outfromdeep
02-14-2009, 02:02 AM

it's hard to translate after login. I am too struck at that issue :(

Funkin'
02-14-2009, 05:44 AM
kukushka mentions in his torrents.ru review to use the extension FoxLingo. I'm going to try it out myself and see if it works.

crimsonhaze
02-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Are those translators putting the tracker through a proxy? Isn't there a rule against that? In which case I'd be scared to log in using a translating website.

Here, I've found this addon for Firefox, that doesn't put the website through a translating website, and you don't have to log in again (change xx to tt):

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6938

With instructions: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH03t2FEfs

Basically, you select the language to translate from and to, and then select only the text you want to translate, and Alt+Click it. A window will popup with the translations.

Tested it, and it works with swebits. :)

RizKhan25000
02-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Are those translators putting the tracker through a proxy? Isn't there a rule against that? In which case I'd be scared to log in using a translating website.

Here, I've found this addon for Firefox, that doesn't put the website through a translating website, and you don't have to log in again (change xx to tt):

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6938

With instructions: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH03t2FEfs

Basically, you select the language to translate from and to, and then select only the text you want to translate, and Alt+Click it. A window will popup with the translations.

Tested it, and it works with swebits. :)

I have tried it but did not work for me. But fortunately during the search for something I got the following

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9285 (replace xx by tt ;))

it is to be used with firefox.. First you need a registeration at firefox add ons. Login and then go to the url given above.
click "add to firefox". After installation restart the firefox by clicking restart tab..It worked for me..

now open for example torrents.ru and on any page select any text you dont understand. Right click it. in the menu appeared move the cursor to "Mozila trans...." and click options. On the option screen
select "russian" in the "From" box and select "english" (or any language you are comfortable with) in the "To" box.
After this the menu would contain the option translate from russian to english. click it and you would get the desired translation in the translation box.

But I am not satisfied with it. looking for something better and may be there is something which I am missing?

crimsonhaze
02-15-2009, 09:43 AM
This one too: hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7004

This one has more functionality than the previous one I posted.

RizKhan25000
02-15-2009, 10:04 AM
This one too: hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7004

This one has more functionality than the previous one I posted.

thnx the best so far. Surely not the ultimate