PDA

View Full Version : Nero 5.5.10

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 02:07 AM
I've have Nero 5.5.10 installed on my computer that came with my CD-RW drive and I've just bought a new DVD/RW drive. The DVD/RW drive came with some average software so I thought I'd use Nero as it is recomended by the makers. The only thing is that Nero will only work with the drive it was bundled with (the CD-RW) and refuses to work with anything else. So I was wondering if there is any way to get around this so I can use both drives with Nero.

I know that Nero 6 is out but I'd rather stick with 5.5 at the moment.

Cheers.

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 02:08 AM
I said Nero way too many times in that last post :lol:.

MUSLEMAN
09-16-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Gooch2k@15 September 2003 - 22:08
I said Nero way too many times in that last post :lol:.
if your pc recognises the drive nero should see it when you set path for where the file is going

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 04:52 AM
Nero does see the DVD/RW but it won't let me select it telling me that Nero can only be used with the burner it was packaged with. It has a http://www.swottosgrotto.freeserve.co.uk/noent.gif icon over the drive.

Sorry about the size of the image. It was the smallest I could be bothered find at 4:50am!

toddiscool
09-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Wow, that is stupid.

Well the best solution would be to just download a full verion of 5.5 would it not?

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 06:01 AM
Wow, that is stupid.

Well the best solution would be to just download a full verion of 5.5 would it not?

Yes I could do that! But when I have a full registered copy that I paid for anyway what would be the point!!! I was just wondering if anyone had any quick tips to get around this such as changing some sort of value in the Nero program so I wouldn't have to bother having to download another copy.
Some people on here have been very helpful with easy fixes for program problems and I thought I'd ask if anyone could help before bothering searching for a new one.

If I was going to download another version I'd get Nero 6 not Nero 5.5 anyway!

Are you the sort of person that downloads a whole new copy of Windows XP with the service pack included to update your existing copy of XP instead of just downloading the service pack by itself?

If rushing in before asking questions to get other peoples help and opinons is stupid then most of the members on here would be idiots! I thought the whole point of this forum was to help out people with problems!

Gre1
09-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Nero is not packed with a burner, because it is burning software it should let u use that drive just go to choose recorder and see if u can select it from there.

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 06:37 AM
Nah mate, I've tried all of that. It's recognised in the options and I can bring up the properties of the DVD/RW drive but it will only let me use the CD-RW drive I bought it with to burn anything.

toddiscool
09-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Gooch2k@16 September 2003 - 01:01

Wow, that is stupid.

Yes I could do that! But when I have a full registered copy that I paid for anyway what would be the point!!!
You do not have a full registered copy, you have a licence that from your CD-RW manufacturer that allows you to use the program with their burner, and only their burner.

If rushing in before asking questions to get other peoples help and opinons is stupid then most of the members on here would be idiots! I thought the whole point of this forum was to help out people with problems!

Do I fucking speak japenese, does this look like me calling you stupid.

Wow, that is stupid.

Unless your name is that? God some fucking people are so in a hurry to get flamed, that they look for.

By that I mean, quite clearly i wiould add, that the program being only licensed for that burner is stupid.

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Fair enough you may have a point about that. I might have gone off on one but it is now very early in the morning for me. But it still doesn't mean I'm stupid for asking if I can crack it does it?

toddiscool
09-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Gooch2k@16 September 2003 - 01:51
But it still doesn't mean I'm stupid for asking if I can crack it does it?
Obviously this was posted before i edited my above to include this point, so please reread my post above.

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 06:52 AM
OK sorry! I got the wrong end of the stick.

Gooch2k
09-16-2003, 06:54 AM
I take back what I said. I read it as you saying my question was stupid.