PDA

View Full Version : ROT(rotorrent) recruitment

cibu
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi guys.So...me and my friends started an all-general 0day tracker called RoTorrent.We're from Romania so...i'm sure you're all used to the whole "romanian tracker ish" but we're trying to be more than just a tracker or a community.We've got plenty of competitions(such as CS competitions, NFSMW competition, etc) so we try to keep our users in touch.Also we have plenty of games you can play directly from the tracker ...in case you get borred.
Here are our stats :
Stats
Onlince Since 10 Dec 2008 (8 weeks)
Registered users 5,069
Torrents 3,377
Peers 154
Seeders 1,031
Leechers 153
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 674
As you can see we stand a bit low on leechers...but i'm hoping some of you guys may wanna join and check it out ,and why not leech/seed:D

Oh yeah...our design is still in the making :lol: so we don't really have an awesome default theme...but you can try Stripe madness http://www.rotorrent.ro/themes/cibu/images/title.png (wich was made by me :blush: )or War( http://www.rotorrent.ro/themes/war/images/banner-head.jpg theme.

So who want's to join just post here and..i'll pm you with what i need from you guys.]

There you have it.Thanks for reading!

Lovestoned
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks pretty nice but if you want a general tracker to prosper then you would need a addicting point as you're with lots of competition.

cibu
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Looks pretty nice but if you want a general tracker to prosper then you would need a addicting point as you're with lots of competition.

thanks:D.yeah...we're trying to increase our preetime..i hope that's all i may need to do..but still you never know what other people need

dragoi
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Well they have seed points and that makes it easy to make a ratio but not so many leechers and seeders , also the staff isnt quite as good , just some poeple ( to not say kids ) that were put at the begining of the tracker , and remained there altough they arent that good , also do you have a coder ?

cibu
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
yup...we have a brilliant coder :X:X he's the reason i started the tracker:lol:....everything i need he changed for me.
Oh yeah and about the staff..we've made some changes...i demoted some of the "bad seeds"

Lovestoned
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think having faster pretimes will encourage leeching, look at SCC and you'll see that most snatches from torrents are from boxes doing RSS.

Seed points are definitely great, but perhaps having a really innovative idea?

Just my 2 cents, just a member here who don't have much say.

cibu
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
well..if you have any inovating ideas please hit me up..cause i'm out of ideeas :lol:

dragoi
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Well close the flame / spa section , I didnt saw any important tracker that has something like this , and in that forum is really big spam , like 200 pages per day I think .

cibu
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
as i saiyd...we have some active users on the forum, and that's the place they like to relax...why should i close it?:P

dragoi
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Well as filelist.ro you will be put to the wall because of the users from there that talk ...

And also about the user limit ?

apextwin146
02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Ratio free?
R u planing to make it ratio free?

cibu
02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
...we have about 100.000 users limit.
hmmmmm...i don't know about ratio free....
if you want pm me with your email and i will invite you

Lovestoned
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, the easiest stuffs I can recommend would be having special packs made by the staffs.

I'll tell you once I think of more, it's great you're taking suggestions.

Veidenbaums
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Wanna be innovative?
Make it ratio free and only for TV-shows ;)
What about content? It's mainly for ro users?

dragoi
02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
No , the content is english almost except the DVD-RO , but the main problem in my opinion is the uploaders that arent that good , 2000 dead torrents , you should make it ratio free with 2 days seeding time minimum because there is to much hit & run there as on all trackers that dont have a staff that wants to do something with it's tracker

sefo
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I would love to join, Romanian tracker are very good. and the free ratio is good idea.

enviouz
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
what categories do you have? how active are your forums? how active is your irc? i might be interested in checking it out. but these are things i always i ask b4 joining anything new.

also i see from your stats you have a large number of inactive users. i suggest a very short prune time at least at first. mnaybe 15 days. and i dont be something as simple as loging in to reset the time. to reset the 15 day timer should actually have to make some type of activity. forum posts. downloads. something like that. i think that would insure the site is very active. but thats just my opinion.

integral
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Will ROT be composed of all the Romanian traders and cheaters?

cibu
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
@integral .i was expecting someone to start making fun:)
No...it will not be composed of traders and cheaters.We have a great anti-fakeing script.

hmmm...that's a good ideea...i'll look into that.Well here are our categories Categories:

Anime

Appz

Games/Others

Games/PC

Games/Ps2

Games/PSP

Games/Xbox360

Images

Misc

Movie Packs

Movies/DVD-R

Movies/DVD-RO

Movies/Blu-Ray

Movies/HD

Movies/X264

Movies/XVID

Music

Music/Videos

Music/Packs

Games/Game Cube

Sports

TV/Packs

Tv/X264

Tv/Xvid

XXX

Mobile

Anime/Cartoons

eBooks

Apps/Phone

Driver/Phone
if you wanna join just pm me the email adress

Gedefo
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Good luck with this tractor :)

teresckova
02-10-2009, 08:13 PM
i wish you all the best luck there....but i would go for a tv shows tracker with no ratio...just saying
these days there are a lot of 0day tracker,and its hard to prevail
anyways the best for your tracker

cibu
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks guys.I apreciate it

cinephilia
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
please enlighten me: what's the point of creating a new 0day tracker ? the 1000 actual ones are not enough to fit people's needs ?

Villalltheway
02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I would love to join, Romanian tracker are very good. and the free ratio is good idea.

Dont totally agree when there is freeleach it does not really encourgae good seeding habits.

Cabalo
02-10-2009, 11:10 PM
people are allowed to give your invites in public giveaways?
can they be traded?
can accounts be given away ?
will you guys actively hunt at this forum?

:hypocrite

enviouz
02-11-2009, 06:40 AM

Dont totally agree when there is freeleach it does not really encourgae good seeding habits.

i dont totally agree with that point. im actually kinda split on teh subject myself. just like with everything in life it has its pros and cons. it can be a good idea. BUT...the userbase needs to be mature enough to handle it. no ratio on a site full of people that normally only seed to the rules and no farther (1:1 or x amount of hours) it is a bad idea. but on sites where the userbase is mostly made up of users that continue to seed well beyond the rules. not because they are greedy or anything like that but because they want to make sure teh content stays available. or because they want to help the community. on sites like that i think it can have a very good impact. thats just my take on the whole subject though.

cibu
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
people are allowed to give your invites in public giveaways?
can they be traded?
can accounts be given away ?
will you guys actively hunt at this forum?

:hypocrite

people are allowed to give your invites in public giveaways?-yes.We are not one of those secret trackers
can they be traded?-f**k no:)...trading sucks any way you put it...trading=not a very good user
can accounts be given away ?-sure..as long as they aren't traded for something else
will you guys actively hunt at this forum?-i will do that..even dough right now it's not the case for such actions like that

please enlighten me: what's the point of creating a new 0day tracker ? the 1000 actual ones are not enough to fit people's needs ?

if all the guys who started a tracker would of said that...where would we be now:)..

btw we've got a new theme..and finally it's a good one
old war .Here's how the banner looks like http://www.rotorrent.ro/themes/old/images/head.png///(it's not that dark...but i don't know why it shows up like that:|