PDA

View Full Version : SDBits - Any good?

Unstable1
02-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi

I have HDBits, which is my favourite site, so I'm wondering if I should go after SDBits?

What do folk here, who are members there, think of it?

Cheers

1000possibleclaws
02-12-2009, 04:37 AM
well if you like the high definition content of HD-Bits, you might want to check out Bit-hdtv of other high def trackers. SDbits caters to people who like Standard Def formats. Goem or x264 are better trackers than SD-Bits in my opinion, but SD-bits is still very new and may one day meet of improve the content of those other 2 trackers.

Unstable1
02-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi TSOL

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. It's interesting you mention goem because that's the other site I'm curious about. lol

The Wanderer
02-12-2009, 06:22 AM
SDBits is an excellent tracker with around 2000 DVD & mkv encodes. Their internal tv shows packs are awesome. :yup:

BlackKnight
02-12-2009, 06:27 AM
If you're addicted to HD content and don't afraid of downloading big files already, then I suggest you not go for SDbits. I remember there were 10k members when SDbits first started and now there are only about 4k members.

The good thing about SDbits is that there are many good season packs that are available in SD only.

kondrae
02-12-2009, 06:33 AM
if you want untouched DVDs or DVD x264encodes -yes
other wise no, dont wast your time like i did

if your gonna be looking for invite, look in hdbits forum

puckface
02-12-2009, 07:20 AM
SDBits is all about quality encodes, if you care about quality, go for it.

The Wanderer
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
SDBits is all about quality encodes, if you care about quality, go for it.

I couldn't agree more, it has hdbits trademark all over it. ;) :cool:

Also a small and dedicated fanbase. :)

RedRansom
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
SDBits is all about internal encodes, if you care about quality, go for it.
//fixed
from upload rule

No scene releases of any kind are allowed for any reason
No encodes of scene releases of any kind are allowed for any reason.

puckface
02-12-2009, 03:06 PM
//fixed
from upload rule

No scene releases of any kind are allowed for any reason
No encodes of scene releases of any kind are allowed for any reason.

Thanks for correcting me sir, I am forever indebted.

PX-Magnant
03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
About SDbits: do they provide subtitles with their releases like on HDbits? English is not my first language so I like to watch english movie with english subs.

Night0wl
03-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Anyone can upload subs for any release I think. There is an add subs option.

fstalk
03-06-2009, 01:12 AM
the site is for who don't much care quaility and likes compact file size,
and of course love movies. :)

PX-Magnant
03-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Anyone can upload subs for any release I think. There is an add subs option.

That is good to know. I may try to join this tracker, thank you :)

smcewa11
03-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi

I have HDBits, which is my favourite site, so I'm wondering if I should go after SDBits?

Cheers

Go after it? There is a signup link in the HDBits forum trash for HDBits members to use. It should still work, and was working when I signed up at SDBits near the end of January. You need to be logged in for it to work.

I don't use SDBits much but I think I might be using it more now they are allowing TV stuff that has not been released on dvd.

Col. Skillz
03-06-2009, 03:45 AM
sd bits is part of my collection, sometimes you dont really need HD for a certain movie, and want to get it rather quickly. that or sometimes you are strapped for HDD space.

you can download dvd quality 1.5gig movies in about 25 minutes if you can d/l at 1mB/s

PX-Magnant
03-06-2009, 03:53 AM
My main concern about x264/mkv files for SD content is that they are not compatible with standalone DVD players. XviD are more convenient in this way...

Col. Skillz
03-06-2009, 04:59 AM
My main concern about x264/mkv files for SD content is that they are not compatible with standalone DVD players. XviD are more convenient in this way...

you and everyone else =p

that's the ONLY reason to EVER use xvid. compatibility

In the future though, hopefully at least, x264 will replace it, on standalone blu ray players alike. i cant see any other outcome....

also, if you have a laptop, and i think most people do nowadays (at least 1 in their house), you can just keep those x264 vids on the computer and hook the laptop up to the tv. that's what i do and it works wonderfully.

Rigel9
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
the site is for who don't much care quaility and likes compact file size,
and of course love movies. :)

in fact they're all about quality encodes > filesize...

Unstable1
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi

Cheers

Go after it? There is a signup link in the HDBits forum trash for HDBits members to use. It should still work, and was working when I signed up at SDBits near the end of January. You need to be logged in for it to work.

I don't use SDBits much but I think I might be using it more now they are allowing TV stuff that has not been released on dvd.

Thanks for the info. That's how I signed up a couple of weeks ago. I did a search for SDBITS on HDBITS and found the link you are referring to which allowed me to sign-up with no invite.

I wasn't aware of this facility when I started this thread, obviously.

My standalone player handles mkv/.x264 with ease (the popcorn hour). There's also the Western Digital HD player which works great.

OlegL
08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
While it's true that sdbits encodes have a very high quality, the tracker is a complete failure anyway simply because of the fact it has such a small userbase. The tracker doesn't have a lot of content. Sdbits is a shithole because its system op (memineours) is the most retarded person in the whole bittorrent world. He often says things that are supposedly smart, but in reality, there is emptiness behind all his "smart" talk.

Night0wl
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
If SDBits/HDBits were such shitholes, you wouldn't have made 11 posts somehow revolving around them.

OlegL
08-13-2009, 09:36 PM
If SDBits/HDBits were such shitholes, you wouldn't have made 11 posts somehow revolving around them.

Hdbits is not a shithole, but sdbits is.

Funkin'
08-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Just let it go OlegL. Nobody cares what you think about any site, so you're just wasting your time.

p.s. I'm only telling you the truth. This wasn't meant as a flame.

OlegL
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Lol.

PhillyEagles
08-14-2009, 04:15 AM
id have to say this site is just ok. The content is lacking, user base is small, and seeding opportunities are lacking. Very niche content... Untouched DVD nonscene and x264 rips. So its pretty much what you can rip yourself. Ill be honest i find more dvd9 on tdc and bithq than on this site and its easier to seed. Id download more there if there was enough snatches and more freeleech to make it easier to seed. You cant download any season packs cuz there huge and only 1 or 2 people download each of them. If you dont have your own retail dvd9's or a netflix acct your kinda out of luck. And if you have those you probably dont need the site. The sites really only good for x264 if you like that and theres other sites with more content and easier seeding like x264. Hopefully the site turns around a bit.

edit.. they can probably take a hint from sparvar, another small website with a small userbase, similiar content, and a good amount of snatches and activity.