PDA

View Full Version : Gft

droste
02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I am not really in a good mood, and my day is getting worse. There are a number of people trying to trade GFT invites and / or sell them for money and other "1337 sites". Let me make this loud and clear, I WILL hunt you down, ban your asses on every site you exist on, and make sure your torrent life gets really really messed up. I dont't care if you are a donor, VIP, or a simple user even, if we get any proof of trading, selling, or just simple giveaway, you will be BANNED. No special preferences will be given to anyone. You have all been warned, better make sure you have a good day by not crossing my path.

edit: this is what I got in a mass pm btw.. seems like they got serious :)

MaNiJaK
02-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Yea, i got that PM too. But strange.. i talked to staff yesterday and they told that registrations are closed and only staff have invites :S
So regular users can only trade accounts, and not invites..

droste
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Yea, i got that PM too. But strange.. i talked to staff yesterday and they told that registrations are closed and only staff have invites :S
So regular users can only trade accounts, and not invites..
wrong, donors have invites :p

teresckova
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
if u donate 5 euros you get one invite...so the donors have invites

MaNiJaK
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
So donors are VIP persons and not regular users..
All they have to do now is to pull back invites from donors..

Villalltheway
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM

But that may take away some of the initiative for some people to donate in the first place.

sefo
02-12-2009, 04:12 PM
This tracker looks so great, I wish i have not miss the IRC channel:cry:

Villalltheway
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM

o well move on! , plenty of other great sites that deal in the same content.

MaNiJaK
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM

But that may take away some of the initiative for some people to donate in the first place.

Not everybody donate just to have invite. And those people who donate because of invite will probably use them as soon as possible..

Swift
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
good luck droste you will need it

Cabalo
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
i got that message too. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

bgh520
02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
i ' m really scared :cry:

MaNiJaK
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM

If you don't trade you don't have to be scared :happy:

and the other thing, giveaways are also not allowed^^, so only option is to invite friends^:yup:

Tokeman
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM

If you don't trade you don't have to be scared :happy:

and the other thing, giveaways are also not allowed^^, so only option is to invite friends^:yup:

Well just to add, there are no rules against it on FST, those are just the trackers rules.

Enjoy.

LJ.
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
i got that message too. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

No, trading or selling accounts/invites is just bad.

Ragecloak
02-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Hmm so if I dont know any staff, would I be allowed (on FST at least) to pay for someone's donor status? Wouldn't think it'd be trading or selling since the person with the invites isnt really getting anything out of the deal (unless they charge a fee or something).
PM me if you "have the answer" :shifty:

killercam101
02-13-2009, 06:32 AM

Just for trying ..http://tinyurl.com/c6bw96

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Hmm so if I dont know any staff, would I be allowed (on FST at least) to pay for someone's donor status? Wouldn't think it'd be trading or selling since the person with the invites isnt really getting anything out of the deal (unless they charge a fee or something).

It's NOT allowed to do anything like that.

andy316
02-13-2009, 08:15 AM
hey,does GFT still recruit from that e-learning tracker?a friend of mine(who is also in that learning tracker)wants to know how to join u guys...but i didn't tell him abt this until i know if this is still on or off...or wud they open up again?

Albo Da Kid
02-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Tell that friend of yours that the he can only get in by an invite or his friend can donate to get you in.

EL REY
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
i got that message too. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.Agree

GFT is getting to carried away like their site is the shit of all sites. I'm a huge fan of their site, but come on now. This BS is out of hand & truly uncalled for.

No, trading or selling accounts/invites is just bad.Well, you are half right. Selling is wrong & shouldn't be tolerated, but trading invites wit someone who truly wants to get in & enjoy it, is just fune by me.

Sure, there would be a few bad apples but thats life in general, so why punish everyone for a few?

I'm just tired people saying all traders are the worst in life. Thats just bullshit!!

laojian
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
got the pm too
but i havent seen the trade yet
as the PM said all the user will be ban if found trade
so i just said to the VIPs. lol

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
but trading invites wit someone who truly wants to get in & enjoy it, is just fune by me.

Sure, there would be a few bad apples but thats life in general, so why punish everyone for a few?

So there are couple treads on trade section where ppl trade accounts/invites to get in gft and how do you know that guy will not later trade that invite/acc which you gave to him, or will not seed/will fake upload and get banned or when he find that invite will not just sign up there and wait to be deleted because of inactivity?

:frusty:

EL REY
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
MaNiJaK - I'm guessing you didn't read to much of it, huh?

I said sure there will be a few bad apples, but I would be anything most are good people who would luv to be part of that site.

andy316
02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
his friend can donate to get you in.

what do u mean am getting in?I AM in that place,got invited in their last giveaway,and to be honest,i WAS expecting some guy here wud make a sarcastic comment like this,anyways,i got my answer and thats important......

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 10:59 AM
So my question still remains, HOW can you know if someone wants to get in and enjoy the site?
There are cheaters and trades everywhere. And still if there are 999 good guys and just 1 bad i still wouldn't trade my invites..
It's f****** stupid, if i have some invite i'll give it to someone that i trust, why do i need to ask him to give me something back

crimsoncrow
02-13-2009, 06:14 PM

I said sure there will be a few bad apples, but I would be anything most are good people who would luv to be part of that site.

There was one "bad apple" that infiltrated Oink with trades and eventually brought down the site. GFT isn't trying to become 1337 with this warning - it's trying to be safe. That's the whole reason trades are almost universally looked down upon.

All it takes is one bad apple. But who cares about a few, right?

devin_the_dude
02-13-2009, 06:30 PM

And you are one of the bad apples. No?
http://i42.tinypic.com/29oh6s0.jpg

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
haha
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9935/pwned3b4627fej9.jpg

silvertec
02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
ha ha
The power of the R00
Sure the Duck power will win in the end
Looks like traders need to find something else to trade
now about school pencils?
/me heads out to prepare the fishing rods sure they be biting today

Cabalo
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
/me sits, grabs a cigarette and a beer and waits for El Rey to come forward with an excellent explanation.

LJ.
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
/me sits, grabs a cigarette and a beer and waits for El Rey to come forward with an excellent explanation.

it was his brother!

slymester
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
*wonders if EL REY's banning and the mass PM are linked :ohmy:

oriyellow
02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
just smoke some thing and relax ,man.
or meditate/

Serb
02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
hahaha next time read the rules by the way he is not only one who got pwned ;)

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Yea but he buried himself cuz he said

there will be a few bad apples, but I would be anything most are good people who would luv to be part of that site.

what a stupid ass, i bet he is goin now to create new acc , lolz

btw, sta ima? :D

Serb
02-13-2009, 07:26 PM
nista MaNiJaK smejem se ovima hehe

by the way in english
for all people who wanna trade GFT acc or invite think twice b4 you do it ;)

also for everyone nice advice dont trade not only that you will risk yourself you will risk whole tree too ;)

Villalltheway
02-14-2009, 03:30 AM

And you are one of the bad apples. No?
http://i42.tinypic.com/29oh6s0.jpg

Classic couldnt of happened to a more deserving person.

primevil
02-14-2009, 03:50 AM
well I guess that happens to trader sympathizers.

IdolEyes787
02-14-2009, 04:08 AM
well I guess that happens to trader sympathizers.

If El Rey got disabled for trading or breaking some other stated GFT rule then fine by me but if he got disabled just because of some post where he gave an opinion then I am truly disgusted.

"Trader sympathizers" Grow the fuck up.

devin_the_dude
02-14-2009, 04:48 AM
http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?hpr=_Search__Want_BMTV___SDBits__I_have_GFT_____________&t=178104&highlight=
:whistling

Funkin'
02-14-2009, 06:18 AM
but if he got disabled just because of some post where he gave an opinion then I am truly disgusted.

I agree. That would be very shitty and I would no longer respect GFT or the staff. But something tells me El Rey wasn't disabled because of his views on trading.

Serb
02-14-2009, 06:55 AM
but if he got disabled just because of some post where he gave an opinion then I am truly disgusted.

I agree. That would be very shitty and I would no longer respect GFT or the staff. But something tells me El Rey wasn't disabled because of his views on trading.

He got banned cos he trade his invites to get to some trackers and in GFT rules no trades allowed thats all

ok and also not only that he trade at RealPoor he traded here too for example he traded with togaurav few weeks ago ;)

also he is not 1st and last dude who will be banned cos trading i hope that they all will learn lesson and that next time they forget about trading ;) and that trading is not the way

Serb

Albo Da Kid
02-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Hopefully we see some cleaning done in Gft. I can't wait for gft to start shining like it's supposed to

Edit: Matter fact now I'm sure that there will be some cleaning in gft. Someone particular is going to take matters into his own hands.:shutup:

Detale
02-14-2009, 07:55 AM
WOW how did I miss this Gem of a thread. Busy I guess.

Well All I have to say is that if I catch someone logging IP's I will ban them....again

droste
02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
WOW how did I miss this Gem of a thread. Busy I guess.

Well All I have to say is that if I catch someone logging IP's I will ban them....again
another useless post from you :blink: you've said that shit more than I can count to :yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup: besides, we haven't talked shit about logging shit here ;)

MaNiJaK
02-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Haha i bet he didn't expect this coming

Di@monds
02-14-2009, 03:48 PM
SCC: Do not trade our invites.
u can say bb to your scc acc.

The_Martinator
02-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I've recently had some bad experience with GFT. I'm seeding about 40 torrents atm and some are from GFT. The torrents are from several different sites (more than 15), yet only for the GFT ones I have to log in in order to get them to work (something involving security I've heard). When I wake up in the morning I sometimes only have time to turn on the computer and then start seeding. On those occasions I did not log into GFT. Of course then I didn't seed the torrents. As a result I got a 1 week warning. Anyway, that's resolved now, but I have to wake up 5 mins earlier each day to have time to log in, lol.

In that sence GFT is my dream tracker. I dream about it, cause I have to wake up earlier because of it. :lol:

EL REY
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Classic couldnt of happened to a more deserving person.Lol I'm deserving............why?

You don't know me to talk shit, so relac there.

I got disabled bcuz GFT assumed I made a traded involving them, no true facts to go by just what they think.

FallDX
02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
So it's pay to get invites like in S*t ... lol :(
I know that invites are gifts u get from tracker not something to be bought in BT world.

crimsoncrow
02-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Classic couldnt of happened to a more deserving person.Lol I'm deserving............why?

I got disabled bcuz GFT assumed I made a traded involving them, no true facts to go by just what they think.

You were willing to trade a GFT invite in the RP forum ... there's nothing to "think" there - the writing's on the wall, so to speak. You just never traded the invite because your account was disabled before you got the chance.

devin_the_dude
02-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Lmao.
EL REY's user title says 'Haha....You Slow' however the only slow one is he himself ;)

Villalltheway
02-14-2009, 08:19 PM

What do u mean i dont know u, from past experiences i know for a fact u are a born bullshitter.

Feeling
02-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I know that invites are gifts u get from tracker not something to be bought in BT world.

Tsk, people never learn like the person above. As we don't have open sign ups you need an invite to get it. But as we are a closed site we don't give out many invites. We give invites out on special occasions like the trackers birthday or if you win or enter competitions. If you missed out on the birthday or too lazy to enter the competitions, you can help the site by donating and getting a star, voice and an invite. This way it makes people think before inviting some random newb and makes them think, can a this guy keep a ratio? Can this guy stick to the rules? Is this guy worth it?

;)

droste
02-14-2009, 10:00 PM

Tsk, people never learn like the person above. As we don't have open sign ups you need an invite to get it. But as we are a closed site we don't give out many invites. We give invites out on special occasions like the trackers birthday or if you win a enter competitions. If missed out on the birthday or too lazy to enter the competitions you can help the site by donating and getting a star, voice and an invite. This way it makes people think before inviting some random newb and makes them think, can a this guy keep a ratio? Can this guy stick to the rules? Is this guy worth it?

;)
I'm surprised you didn't use the 'unsure' smiley :rolleyes:

FeeFee<3 :lol:

BlackKnight
02-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Tsk, people never learn like the person above. As we don't have open sign ups you need an invite to get it. But as we are a closed site we don't give out many invites. We give invites out on special occasions like the trackers birthday or if you win a enter competitions. If missed out on the birthday or too lazy to enter the competitions you can help the site by donating and getting a star, voice and an invite. This way it makes people think before inviting some random newb and makes them think, can a this guy keep a ratio? Can this guy stick to the rules? Is this guy worth it?

;)

:yup:

I still remember 200 free invites in Xmas. Great!

People shouldn't complain about it. If members help the site alive, they deserve to have something like that! Also, members who have invites will choose invitees more carefully.

FallDX
02-15-2009, 02:31 AM

Tsk, people never learn like the person above. As we don't have open sign ups you need an invite to get it. But as we are a closed site we don't give out many invites. We give invites out on special occasions like the trackers birthday or if you win or enter competitions. If you missed out on the birthday or too lazy to enter the competitions, you can help the site by donating and getting a star, voice and an invite. This way it makes people think before inviting some random newb and makes them think, can a this guy keep a ratio? Can this guy stick to the rules? Is this guy worth it?

;)
Nice explanation .. Thanks Feeling to stop here ;)

People shouldn't complain about it. If members help the site alive, they deserve to have something like that! Also, members who have invites will choose invitees more carefully.
Agreed dude , but i'm talking about guys who making threads to buy s*t " or any tracker's invites " & sell it to other people >> make a little profit in same time .. it's like pay 20euros to get invite & sell it for 25euros or more
"This topics absolutely are not here " :pinch:

(I)
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I love this threads :cool:

;)

You aren't real torrenter
This smiley is called rolleyes
the unsure smiley is very different :P

droste
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I love this threads :cool:

You aren't real torrenter
This smiley is called rolleyes
the unsure smiley is very different :P
I'm indeed not a real torrenter MrI ;)

yankeezfan1
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM
GFT is a great site Content wise, but the style is godawful

The icons and design is the fugliest ive ever seen tbh. Shame, with a good style and icons, it could be an excellent tracker

cinephilia
02-16-2009, 01:14 AM

The icons and design is the fugliest ive ever seen tbh. Shame, with a good style and icons, it could be an excellent tracker
so, according to you, it's not an 'excellent' tracker because of the design ? go hang yourself..

Samurai84
02-16-2009, 01:16 AM
better design, better tracker :blink:
lol

Cabalo
02-16-2009, 01:33 AM

yes, people are not downloading because they don't like the icons. :rolleyes:

Bug
02-16-2009, 03:08 AM
GFT is a great tracker and keep's getting better

02-16-2009, 03:22 AM
gft is an immense site , and there design was just updated :)

Nemrod
02-16-2009, 03:33 AM

:blink:

Mate, excuse me for asking... what do you download... the sites icons or torrents? :unsure:

yankeezfan1
02-16-2009, 05:00 AM

so, according to you, it's not an 'excellent' tracker because of the design ? go hang yourself..

hey, it sure might be just me, but I tend to use sites that look better visually. Im just saying GFT could go from awesome to excellent with a change of style

nebula33
02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
I like style, it is great tracker, and about invites. I don't look at that as buing them, but as a reword if you donate to the site.
Somewhere you get freeleech, GB of uploads, here invite, and that is ok.

pone44
02-16-2009, 09:17 AM
never seen the site myself but that is a lame reason not to download or use a site. The icons or design? :blink: Seriously?

Shows what those look for in their trackers a bit. :shifty:

hey, it sure might be just me, but I tend to use sites that look better visually. Im just saying GFT could go from awesome to excellent with a change of style

So a new stylesheet and the site will be #1 for you or better? Where is the logic in that?

flashforward
02-16-2009, 09:18 AM
gft will became much like FTN, even better in the near future.

sceneA
02-16-2009, 11:05 AM
gft will became much like FTN, even better in the near future.
+1
I just got in and its one hell of a tracker!

Tokeman
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
never seen the site myself but that is a lame reason not to download or use a site. The icons or design? :blink: Seriously?

Shows what those look for in their trackers a bit. :shifty:

So a new stylesheet and the site will be #1 for you or better? Where is the logic in that?

I haven't seend GFT, but I have been on some trackers who's design was enough to make me sick, and I never go back if thats the case.
I believe chronictracker was one if I remember right.

Rigel9
02-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I have been on some trackers who's design was enough to make me sick

Nothing beats SITR in ugliness :sick:

KushBlow
02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I think GFT fails to comprehend that trusted good members here giving away invites to legit active guys is a GOOD thing. Banning someone if they decide to do a giveaway here on FST (and if they review the invitee's post history and rep etc.) and give it to a good deserving member could help GFT grow actually.

RexNex
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I think GFT fails to comprehend that trusted good members here giving away invites to legit active guys is a GOOD thing. Banning someone if they decide to do a giveaway here on FST (and if they review the invitee's post history and rep etc.) and give it to a good deserving member could help GFT grow actually.

No, public giveaways are very bad.
The only time I've ever given away any sites is at uploader channels/forums where I know the other members will do well.

Since anyone can join FST, you'll probably get a terrible member. And at ratioless trackers the userbase is VERY important, becacause there's no easy way to weed out bad users.

redMonster
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
But the point is that they cannot control to whom the invites are given. What is the guarantee that anyone invited from FST is a 'legit active guy' and not an RIAA/MPAA employee. Although the chances are slim, but they don't want to take any chances. If I was in their place, I would have done the same thing.

Lovestoned
02-17-2009, 01:38 PM

No, public giveaways are very bad.
The only time I've ever given away any sites is at uploader channels/forums where I know the other members will do well.

Since anyone can join FST, you'll probably get a terrible member. And at ratioless trackers the userbase is VERY important, becacause there's no easy way to weed out bad users.

They've got their upload boxes from these donations, and download amount is also recorded too just that they aren't displayed so it's possible to weed them out.

NippleCake
02-17-2009, 05:41 PM
But the point is that they cannot control to whom the invites are given. What is the guarantee that anyone invited from FST is a 'legit active guy' and not an RIAA/MPAA employee. Although the chances are slim, but they don't want to take any chances. If I was in their place, I would have done the same thing.

While you have a good point, believe me if someone from the RIAA/MPAA once to get into a tracker, they most likely can, although it certainly doesnt help to be precaucious. I'm also against the whol giveaway idea

no_bother
02-17-2009, 07:07 PM
for all we know there could be some RIAA/MPAA guy in all our trackers.....
I like GFT, its a little ugly but that will change with time

Lovestoned
02-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Mmm, it's stylesheet is improving constantly.

http://imgkk.com/images/sehwxzkb.jpg

BlackKnight
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I like new banner, it looks strange but really funny heh

apextwin146
02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Is it the Green Force Eco friendly tracker now?!!?!?!?!?

LJ.
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
<3 the new theme but someone made a better theme (check forum)

Rigel9
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
The new theme is nice, I just don't like the category icons.

Lovestoned
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
The new theme is nice, I just don't like the category icons.

Same here, it doesn't fits the current default stylesheet and I'll presume that they're having thoughts of changing them too.

TranceMaster6003
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Traders are in trouble

Tokeman
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I like the look and feel of the site, but agree the category icons could use some work. But thats an easy fix.

Great work on the site.

Time-Traveller
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I like the look and feel of the site, but agree the category icons could use some work. But thats an easy fix.

Great work on the site.

Yeah & the search box looks a bit "stuck on" now with the new stylesheet, I'm not sure about the chameleons either they're a bit meh, the colour scheme is looking good though.

devin_the_dude
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I WILL hunt you down, ban your asses on every site you exist on
Proof of it in action: http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=179610&hpr=what_cd
Check out EL REY's last post :rolleyes:

Tokeman
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Traders always risk a global ban when trading. Its just that now an admin is playing hard ball. Nothing has changed really.

z33
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
GFT Is the tracker I Love now.I get everything I want at great pre

The_Martinator
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
The look of it is getting darker, I think it was grey before, not this dark. That's a good thing, IMO, though I really liked the old banner. I'm waiting for the rest to get darker.

Sereph
02-21-2009, 02:52 AM
I WILL hunt you down, ban your asses on every site you exist on
Proof of it in action: http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=179610&hpr=what_cd
Check out EL REY's last post :rolleyes:

A total tool. He should be banned from life. One less schmuck grazing the top torrent sites. :-D

utalker
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I've heard many good things about GFT. I hope I can get an invite soon.

no_bother
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I've heard many good things about GFT. I hope I can get an invite soon.

Subtle hint?

Rigel9
03-07-2009, 03:01 AM
The last days GFT was fucking slow and had almost 0 good pres.
Does anyone know what's the catch?

slymester
03-07-2009, 03:21 AM
The last days GFT was fucking slow and had almost 0 good pres.
Does anyone know what's the catch?

03.03.2009 - Site Downtime
As we make even more changes to the site, the auto torrents will stop for a few days while we upgrade our seedbox's

apollooff320
03-07-2009, 03:36 AM
never heard of site.