PDA

View Full Version : if i have scc should i even bother with revtt or tl?

Col. Skillz
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I've got all 3 of these and just wonder if there's any point to building up a ratio on all three of them. they are basically the same thing right, o day?

expect scc has amazing speeds and freeleech.

am i understanding this correctly or is there something different about them? (you know what i mean)

if they are all pretty similar, scc is the way to go right?

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 06:45 PM

The_Martinator
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
You probably don't need them. I do like RevoTT cause not everything is scene there and TL cause it's way easier to seed than SCC (not counting the packs). But yeah, I'd probably do just fine with just SCC.

Col. Skillz
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
shit, i don't know what's the best for me. i just don't want to have trouble finding anything.

i mean, if you've got accounts all over the place you'll never have trouble finding anything but having too many accounts to keep good ratios for is tiresome. im trying to "clean out" some sites i don't need.

what do you mean by seeding for tl? its very easy there or something?

Snefclarb
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
i dont think its worth it, scc is faster than either of them

MaNiJaK
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM

RedRansom
02-13-2009, 07:16 PM
scc has fl at packs and speed and 0days is good upload but other hand downloading a bit of old stuff is pain in arse especailly at HD movies and xvid movies but tl has a huge amount of user but seeding is hard cuz there is no fl and you will start with slot and wait time(48H)(it's hard for home users which have bad connection but i saw some vip members who have 5 tb download and 100 uploaddownload 0_o) also you can find seeders at ages old files and about revtt it is good as well but same content with tl and same rules like wait time and slot...
at your side scc for 0day and both others for general downloading decide tl or revtt

invite420
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
TL best
scc,revtt easily removed, HR policies strict , combined user base does not exceed TL

piratebot
02-13-2009, 07:34 PM
i'd keep scc and tl

both have tons of new content upped. tl may have more older stuff available. scc has fl stuff. revtt is just a lesser version of tl.

teresckova
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
i would keep all 3 of them....maybe i will not use so much revtt,but is like an back up
tl it has a lots of users and a very good content
scc has pretimes and free packs,great ones
so...think its easy to maintain a well ratio on both of them....scc and tl

benficao
02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
revtt has great packs, and old stuff.

ovisan
02-13-2009, 08:54 PM
If you are only looking for latest films/ applications/ music albums then you definitely dont need anything else than SCC. They do have brilliant packs too and 2/3 of the tracker is freeleech. Advice: if you like SCC, don't look any further
I can't really say why but RevoTT is a big disappointment for me now, altho I used to love it for months. TL must be most of us favourile: good pre, packs, incredible no. of seeders and leechers, but it doesn't really have to many more things than SCC...

In the end it's all up to you. You can concentrate on a few trackers, do well there, make friends or you can have more trackers, and always worry about the ratio or from where to download your favourite show latest episode... I always find this very hard when I have 3-4 trackers I have to choose from...

filenetworks
02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Dont forget that SCC is a scene releases only tracker. There are on p2p releases uploaded on P2P. TL & RevTTon the other hand track both scene and p2p releases. Better to keep SCC and either TL or RevTT.

dawsonkm
02-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Why wouldn't you use all 3? Each has a little different to offer. If you can keep seeding torrents why not do that.

1000possibleclaws
02-14-2009, 01:49 AM
revtt has great packs, and old stuff.

+1 :)

slimdogp
02-14-2009, 02:15 AM
I love SCC and use it every day. But TL is a MUST! Torrents stay strong for a long time, its easy to seed, it gets p2p movies. I also have a revTT account, although I don't often use it.

Sanka113
02-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah TL is the shei for the above reasons. The one thing that TL isn't great at is getting releases as fast as scc, and revtt. It's not that big of a deal though.

Col. Skillz
02-14-2009, 07:05 AM
can anyone do a quick search for me and get me torrent that's worth investing in? I'd like to see this for myself.

Usually i have a little trouble on my first few gigs, and it comes down to how carefully Ive chosen them.

is it so easy to seed simply because there are a lot of leechers?

Funkin'
02-14-2009, 07:14 AM
If you have ratio problems or just starting out at the site and need a little buffer, then just jump on the newly uploaded popular tv shows or movies. Those will always get you started.

integral
02-14-2009, 07:21 AM
TL is definitely easier to get a 1:1 ratio on than SCC, but SCC has more freeleech opportunites than TL (TL has none), and SCC has way better packs (also freeleech), so having both in this case can be pretty good.

Albo Da Kid
02-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I smell a similar "Hello i'm the new kid. Do you have any suggestions" kind of thread evolving here... http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-help-new-kid-out-looking-my-interests-which-private-trackers-should-go-for-331755 << Check the last pages and notice how it ended up

Just a heads up

pone44
02-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Could check while open for signup?
http://pise*y.org/join.php ?

What are you looking for, specifically in a site?

Scc should be good as said-free leech on apps.

interwebz
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
i dont see the problem with using all of them, if you have a seedbox and shitty home connection it's nice to build a big buffer on all of them for later down the road when you dont have that seedbox and you may not be able to hit 1:1 on all torrents. scc(or sct) is great for pretimes, packs, and speed. tl is great for overall content and a lot of it stays alive for a really long time, like 2+ years with over 10 seeders still on popular movies, thats crazy good. and revtt is like a backup of a backup but it does have its moments, like preairs and whatnot that arent scene, like dexter s03e01 was on revtt before any other site along with a couple others(i think californication was one of them) and for any huge dexter fans getting it those couple hours sooner then anywhere else is just pure win. the accounts arent hurting anything by being there so while im not a fan of letting an account sit i would advise anyone to keep it alive by logging in every so often and downloading a new tv show or movie, i dont see a problem with that on a site like TL with no real user limit since its not like you're taking someone's place who would be using it more frequently.

RizKhan25000
02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
my formula is demonoid+torrentleech= almost everything....

Di@monds
02-14-2009, 09:46 PM
yeah keep em all, they may come handy someday

lukee
02-15-2009, 07:51 AM
ScT, HDbits, What and TL is all you'll ever need.

Unstable1
02-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Keep them all. I have all three of these trackers and they all have some unique value about them which makes them worth keeping. I maintain a lot more than 3 movie trackers with ease, not to mention music, games and tv trackers to boot.

Dolphin
02-15-2009, 08:51 AM

Dont forget Demonoid :naughty:

crimsonhaze
02-15-2009, 10:20 AM

Never underestimate the noid! It's the easiest to seed back to 1.0 for obvious reasons.

I've got all 3 of these and just wonder if there's any point to building up a ratio on all three of them. they are basically the same thing right, o day?

Since you're only allowed 1 account per lifetime, and you're already a member, you should consider keeping all of them. Since you have these trackers, you have the right to ask this question, but I'm sure you'll regret it the day they prune your inactive accounts. Not to mention if a tracker gets shut down/taken down for whatever reasons.

Col. Skillz
02-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I've decided to keep them all, it means I have more bookmarks than god, but so be it.:01:

thanks for the replies, but SCC is still the top of my list by far. those packs are outfuc8kingstanding. i always max out my download on them, and even get a solid upload in the process.

Enzo
02-15-2009, 01:19 PM
they are all great sites..

ketan
02-16-2009, 06:24 AM

let me add two more sites; KG and Goem

killercam101
02-16-2009, 06:38 AM
let me add two more sites; KG and Goem

let me add one more site : bitsoup

redMonster
02-16-2009, 06:43 AM
killercam101, are you the same killercam from fsc?

freenet
02-17-2009, 06:50 AM
i know Scc is a fast way to getting invites to What and Waffle, etc.
Tl is good for very easy torrent life.
For RevTT, i don't feel any special merits from it, having TL.
If you don't have TL, then Revtt would be suffice for your needs.

mievmo
02-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Scc is great, but kinda hard to find old stuff

Lovestoned
02-17-2009, 01:40 PM
SCC's retention aren't that good actually, TL is supreme in terms of this.

There are pros and cons for each of the 3 trackers listed but I myself would stick to SCC/TL as I don't find much need to use the extra content found on RevTT with RapidShare as my last source of piracy.

GaMmERFoLiFe
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
stick with all 3

NippleCake
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Well you dont lose anything by having all 3, so you may as well keep them. If you are scared of accounts dying, then download alternatly from the sites. SCC would be good for freeleech, packs, 0day mp3 etc., TL brilliant for older stuff and having nearly everything, and RevTT for, err... .RevTT stuff

eldiesel
02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
yes

TranceMaster6003
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I think that you need only SCC.It is easy to seed beacuse they have freeleech on archive and mp3/0day section.I was member on all three of them and revTT is no good beacuse they dio not have freeleech.TL is good but they also do not have freeleech.

sez
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I think he got his answer

--mate--
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Was never a member of scc, but have both tl & revott, i don't have a really conn (6Mbit down / 768kb up) and have absolutely no ratio problems, but tbh you probably need only one good 0-day tracker.

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
no, the answer is no.

rockaa
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, the only reason I can give you to keep revtt is when you need to request older stuff... uploaders at revtt is pretty decent to fullfil request from users ;)

Swift
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
with the new pack uploaded holly craps nice ! 300 GB

Overlord
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I think that you need only SCC.It is easy to seed beacuse they have freeleech on archive and mp3/0day section.I was member on all three of them and revTT is no good beacuse they dio not have freeleech.TL is good but they also do not have freeleech.
You ever think why SCC needs freeleech? It's because people jump on the new stuff with their seedboxes and just sit on them and it's hard as f*** to maintain a good ratio on there without it. I haven't downloaded from there in months because the experience there is so horrible. Why should I have to set up RSS & download & sit on everything in all their mp3/0-day s*** just so I can download the other stuff without having to worry about my ratio? I rank TL & RevTT way, way, way above SCC in terms of user experience.

colbert
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Do you need them all? No. Is it nice to have choices? Yes.

deroch
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM
i find that revtt and tl have more content

aly13
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I suggest to keep scc i think its ok

7th
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I suggest to keep scc i think its ok

hehe... keep your scc account is really a good suggestion :lol:

Well, just to add my opinion... 2 0day trackers is more than you could ask for. Depending on your needs, one will do the job quite well too.

Villalltheway
03-19-2009, 01:21 AM

I really do not agree with your comment on sites being bad because they are not freeleach, from that comment it seems that u are just a leach who gives nothing back in return. In fact i say most sites are better if they are not freeleach because it encourages people to seed and share. Sites like TL and RevTT would be crap without a ratio system, people would just snatch torrent seed for as long as they have to then stop sharing them, making getting older files shit.

tippertime
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
well if you want to be active in the community RevTT is the best choice, TL forums are a wreck and full of idots that ask the same questions over and over, and there is not much action in the SCC forums

prasannab13
03-19-2009, 03:40 PM
m8s how can i find freeleech packs in SCC???

tippertime
03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
m8s how can i find freeleech packs in SCC???

go to the archive section

prasannab13
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
but i says no freeleech are present

bilkenter
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
honestly, scc is awesome, i am officially banned now, but they were right at it, they restored my scc account earlier even though it was stolen, it was my fault in a way, they forgave that fault of mine, but the second one is even more my fault, i let one of my close friends have a look at my account, i trust him, i am sure that he didnt download anything at all. anyway now i am banned. But scc and revtt staff are really awesome. I think this is more the reason they are worth to be had, also scc archive is quite nice, and revtt packs are really original. I used to like Tl, but not anymore, i was a donator and had a 1.5 tb buffer, my pc broke down. and now it is about to come back home, hp is gonna gimme a new one hopefully soon. Anyway even though i told tl staff that my pc broke up so i might not log in for a while, i think i even stated it on my profile page, yet they didnt even wait for 2 month, i think this just shows the failure in communication between user and site administers. TL was my favorite once but not anymore really. So go for revtt i would say, u can benefit from both

tippertime
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
but i says no freeleech are present

you must be blind, look right under the search bar when you are in the archive section. it says "FREE LEECH!" in bold red letters