PDA

View Full Version : Any private scene only funk/soul hubs on dc++?

flow142
02-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi hows it going!

I have been looking for some private funk/soul dc++ hubs as of lately that only share scene releases but it's been a bit hard to find these kinds of hubs, I'm a member on a couple of private hip-hop hubs but I had no luck finding any soul/funk people there, either way basically I'm just looking for someone that might be able to get me into a hub or two..

Got a very organized scene only share for hip-hop / funk / soul / Neo / Psychedelic that I'm trying to increase on daily bases,

you can just drop a message here and we can get to it.. cheers!

I'm also interested in ftp sites for funk/soul but I figure that's a impossible request go get access to one, oh well.

Irc as well, bitorrent, basically whatever I have to do to get access to old scene release of funk/soul.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-17-2009, 02:14 AM
1 post ? LOL be more active and i'll reply you

iLOVENZB
02-17-2009, 07:25 AM
1 post ? LOL be more active and i'll reply you

How helpful but I agree there are so many archived post of users who ask 1 question and then piss off back to their favourite p2p forums :huh:.

Why use DC? Why not private trackers if your into that type of thing?

flow142
02-17-2009, 07:57 AM
To be honest I'm not into talking about filesharing or foruming at all at the end of the day so I don't see any particular reason why I should spam the boards like other people just to get my rep up, what holds weight to me at the end of the day is what I can bring to the table now and in the future, so I'm getting right to the point instead.

If that kind of thing is frowned up on then my apologies.

In reply to the post above I'm pretty much open to use any program, whether it be dc/bt etc, I'm not really hip to what's most popular to use when it comes to old soul/funk scene releases however.

Funkin'
02-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Download soulseek and search for whatever funk/soul artist/album you're looking for.

flow142
02-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Trust me I'm doing that every day but since I'm looking for scene releases in particular it's not that easy, I'm not letting that stop me from listening, I got a separate folder for non scene releases but I'm trying to replace those with the real deal.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Just give me an example of scene rls that u are lookin' for and i'll tell you where you can find 'em... ;)
(at least u replied it prooves u really want whut u lookin' for, so ignore my first post.)

cinephilia
02-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Why use DC? Why not private trackers if your into that type of thing?
there's not so many soul albums in private tracker, even on what & waffles...

anyway, let me suggest you these two awesome blogspots:

http://toffeesoul.blogspot.com
http://deaconblues1103soul.blogspot.com

flow142
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll check the blogs above thanks man,

Snoop, some releases off head that I'm looking for right now are for example,

Baby_Huey-The_Baby_Huey_Story-1999 (IGR)

The_Impressions-This_is_My_Country-LP-1968 (JCE)

The_Undisputed_Truth-Face_To_Face_With_The_Truth-1972 (JCE?)

War-Deliver_The_Word-1973 (JCE)

The_Temptations-Psychedelic_Shack-1970

Amongst others, appreciate anything that could be hooked up.

By the way I was a frequent visitor of your blog until it went down/private, it was good.

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Snoop had/has a blog?

flow142
02-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Well looking back on it I'm not exactly sure if it was his actually, but I remember seeing a guy with the same exact name advertising that forum so I figured it was his, but I could be wrong.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Snoop had/has a blog?
Yep, u mean Blogs...
ostzv2.blogspot.com
that's the last one in date...

Well looking back on it I'm not exactly sure if it was his actually, but I remember seeing a guy with the same exact name advertising that forum so I figured it was his, but I could be wrong.

lol i think u right but whatever, those releases, you are askin' i can't find 'em at the moment but i suggest u contact me on my blog drop a message on the cbox... i might invite u on some dc hub :happy:

Funkin'
02-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Nice looking blogs. :) Thanks.

jeffsteez
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm also keen to hear about any funk/soul scene communities/dc hubs etc. I can't really be bothered with rapidshare type stuff, not enough choice on older releases on torrent sites and slsk is less than ideal. PM me if you got a hookup - I got lots to share.