PDA

View Full Version : Has any Private Tracker ever had legal toruble?

Col. Skillz
02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm wondering if there has ever been a private tracker that has been under investigation by the riaa or equivalent. any legal lawsuits of threats, shutdowns or otherwise.

Anything ever as "massive" as what happened with thepiratebay, suprnova, or torrentspy?

NinjaX
02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Oink.cd would be a good start :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oink%27s_Pink_Palace

Aradi Tracker was also taken down:

http://torrentfreak.com/araditracker-bittorrent-site-shutdown-after-legal-action-080829/
http://torrentfreak.com/more-bittorrent-trackers-shut-down-owners-cover-blown/
http://torrentfreak.com/the-inside-story-of-the-araditracker-shutdown-081221/

apextwin146
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Elite torrents
LokiTorrents

bgh520
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Oink

NinjaX
02-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Also i remember SCC having problems with brien.

Read more here:

http://torrentfreak.com/sceneaccess-and-nforce-under-pressure-from-brein-080521/

redMonster
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Demonoid.

Demonoid went away for several months due to legal trouble.

Lovestoned
02-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Some BitGamer members got notices through the snail mail as the staffs of BitGamer added a few public trackers the last time round.

filenetworks
02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
RARBG was forced out of netherlands by BREIN. ArenaBG also was down due to legal pressure and had to move to a new host.

Enzo
02-17-2009, 02:03 PM
only remember of Oink

Swift
02-17-2009, 03:28 PM
the public place torrentspy.com

Cabalo
02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
uk-t had...

redMonster
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
textbooktorrents just came to my mind. they didn't publicly say that they had legal issues but appratently there was something of this kind that compelled them to close.

NippleCake
02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
uk-t had... Yep, as well as before this all the top trackers such as UK-Fileshare, EliteTorrents.. ..they were all shut down. I find it amazing that sites like the one cabalo mentoined set up invites only, cover pages etc just after the big busts, now every new tracker starts like this because they think its the trend. The original sites actually genuinelly fear for their safety

Shalafi
02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
uk-t had... yep, as well as before this all the top trackers such as uk-fileshare, elitetorrents.. ..they were all shut down. I find it amazing that sites like the one cabalo mentoined set up invites only, cover pages etc just after the big busts, now every new tracker starts like this because they think its the trend. The original sites actually genuinelly fear for their safety

+1 :)

NinjaX
02-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm wondering if there has ever been a private tracker that has been under investigation by the riaa or equivalent. any legal lawsuits of threats, shutdowns or otherwise.

Anything ever as "massive" as what happened with thepiratebay, suprnova, or torrentspy?

the public place torrentspy.com

First off he already mentioned that one! :lol:

Second off, its a public place and not private..

Swift
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
i mentioned it's a public place... so stfu ninja tard

NinjaX
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
i mentioned it's a public place... so stfu ninja tard

Well that wasnt hes question, hes question was - and i quote

"I'm wondering if there has ever been a private tracker that has been under investigation by the riaa or equivalent. any legal lawsuits of threats, shutdowns or otherwise."

And as he already mentioned that place, theres no reason to post it too. (postcount +1 :whistling)

Also i didnt do anything that could posible offend you in anyway.

Please brighten up and dont take everything so seriously :whistling

now we just went too offtopic.. and if you wanna have that discussion i suggest you come talk to me in pm, msn or irc.

have a nice day..

0Ri0N
02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
the first i remmember was EliteTorrents

viltzuh
02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Finreactor

TAT
02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
yep, as well as before this all the top trackers such as uk-fileshare, elitetorrents.. ..they were all shut down. I find it amazing that sites like the one cabalo mentoined set up invites only, cover pages etc just after the big busts, now every new tracker starts like this because they think its the trend. The original sites actually genuinelly fear for their safety

+1 :)

+1 :):)

Swift
02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
sceneleech

JuXe
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Finreactor

Oh those good times with that tracker...

Too bad it went down :(

bumrocks
02-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Another user totally disregards the power of google...

$SnoopDo2G$
02-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Almost all popular so called "private trackers" have one day or will face problems...
you can't control masses, then it's normal , u get snitches, unhappy people, that goes report shit, and also u got spies everywhere... so becareful where you go pal.

central2rbay
02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Aside from legal trouble, what have verdicts and damages been in the past with these different sites? (aside from Oink)

Lovestoned
02-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Almost all popular so called "private trackers" have one day or will face problems...
you can't control masses, then it's normal , u get snitches, unhappy people, that goes report shit, and also u got spies everywhere... so becareful where you go pal.

Not exactly, OiNK was targeted that badly due to the fact that it had a specifically high userbase for a music tracker and how easy it was to get in.

Site owner used his real details when he ordered servers.

P.S: I'm not pretty sure on this.

droste
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
swebits

Cabalo
02-18-2009, 02:58 PM

Not exactly, OiNK was targeted that badly due to the fact that it had a specifically high userbase for a music tracker and how easy it was to get in.

yeah, he wanted to save on taxes. :unsure:

Lovestoned
02-18-2009, 03:11 PM

yeah, he wanted to save on taxes. :unsure:

Wait, seriously?

May I know the in-depth story?

Where were the servers from?