PDA

View Full Version : Kimsufi Dedicated Server

cow800
02-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I am thinking of buying the Kimsufi L server from http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/

Just woundering if it would be a good choice for a seedbox?

also is the speed really 100mbps becuase it says at the bottom Limit and excess (monthly)
Bandwidth at 95%:
OVH to Internet 8 Mbps

what does this mean?

redMonster
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't know what it means but OVH will cap the box after you upload around 6 TB. After that, you will get 8 mbps speed, i.e. 1 MB/s upload speed. If you don't need much more than 6 TB, then go for Kimsufi L. It is a very cheap seedbox.

cow800
02-17-2009, 01:40 PM
thanks for the quick reply. I dont think i will be uploading 6tb a month, but can someone else confirm this is true?
Also do they have any other fees like setup fee?
and can i cancel after 1 month?

slacker
02-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I have a box that has uploaded more than 6TB and is still normal priority. YMMV!
kimsufi doesn't have setup fees.
and yes, you can cancel (not renew) after one month.

peugeottech
02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
i had i kimsufi l box when i started and found it very good i uploaded around 4 TB with no probs and i have now moved up to a 4XL kim box and am finding it great + go for the ubuntu desktop as its very easy to use as you will have to pay more for windows

cstrik3
02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I've a Kimsufi L server since almost a month ago and the bandwith count is 6TB :)

No problems, upload speed normally 5mb/s and the fresh torrents on TL reach 10.5mb/s sometimes ;)

extr3m3
02-17-2009, 03:23 PM
If you take the cheapest package (kimsufi), what is the speed of the system? Does it then better to buy a larger package worth?

What version of OS used on the cheapest package?

RedRansom
02-17-2009, 04:01 PM
well i used kimsufi L months ago yeah there is some problems with it but not a big deal...
you need to limit your download speed around 3.5-4 cuz its crashing but about upload you can get all max outgoing(11MBsn)
as you know this is a celeron processor and 1 gb ram its good for one person i got 6 Tb total traffic(5 tb just upload) well i had problemes with a partner he just used nearly 5 days and got 500 gb download he dont know what mean of seedbox he was using as leechbox this is why my box got 1 tb download traffic after he fired i got nearly 200 gb download for a month and 5 tb upload) so everyone be careful when you will go with a partner....
about os ppl can use ubuntu+wine+utorrent but if you want windows you need to pay extra

SbaaK
02-17-2009, 04:02 PM
i just upgraded my kimsufi xl to a 4xl with 2 friends we split the cost if ur interested ill give u access "private" i wont be using it at all for a really cheap price i have it until march 7th

if im allowed to do that lol im new here
pm me if interested in trying that out before u commit and spend alot

cow800
02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
thanks for all the responses. I think i am going to get it with Ubuntu. I am also running Linux mint on my pc, has anyone used linux to set up there server e.g using putty, vnc etc?
I dont really want to switch back to windows

c0njur
02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks for all the responses. I think i am going to get it with Ubuntu. I am also running Linux mint on my pc, has anyone used linux to set up there server e.g using putty, vnc etc?

I dont know if youve seen this but this setup works very well.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331

cow800
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331

Yes i have seen this guide but as i have said i am looking to set up using a linux machine not windows

lee551
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM

Yes i have seen this guide but as i have said i am looking to set up using a linux machine not windows

um, that is a linux guide for a nice variety of flavors.

i have a kimiL running ubuntu also from a reseller and i have no complaints. i just have to limit the down speed to 8-9MB/s or i get disk-write errors. highly recommended. easy and simple.

neve2009
02-18-2009, 04:53 AM
yo sn4ke1 if you see this PM me. I may be interested in that seedbox. I can't PM you yet cause your posts are too low

hayden61108
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
so can you buy a box from kimsufi from usa? i know u cant buy from ovh if ur in the us, edit: ooh ovh is the same thing O_o

apollooff320
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
can US residents rent a box?

*EDIT* NVM

$SnoopDo2G$
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
can US residents rent a box?

*EDIT* NVM

To a reseller maybe...but i've seen some people having ovh.com (us ip)
and i don't know where they got this coz i didn't see no US OVH yet...
hey guys never trust some cheap ass resellers btw... better go straight to the officials... Kimsufu owns >>>________ :happy:

grmlz
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
After registration does kimsufi check your name and address? Or do they only check by the SMS-code you have to type in?

teresckova
03-06-2009, 05:46 PM
just the sms code....you can just enter a random address