PDA

View Full Version : new router, help!

Col. Skillz
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm posting this at a few forums to get more replies, here goes

I finally got the damn thing! Installed fine after resetting my modem and restarting my computer. My results are a little mixed though, I also have no clue how to set this thing up for perofrmance.

On my desktop i lost 1000 kbit/s download and about 60kbit/s upload =(

On my LAP however, my wireless went up from 1100 download to 1700 download!! wireless n is sickkk. the upload on my laptop also went down my 60kbit/s.

Can anyone explain what could cause my upload and download to go down on my desktop? i figure its a setting, but wouldn't know where to start. also, it looks like my ip address changed with the new router, could that be the culprit, and if so, can i change it back or to anything else?

Another thing, my bit torrent wont connect. I have upnp enabled and the ports are open, utorrent says its connecting, and so do my private trackers.

im not too worried, i figure these are just settings, and that wireless n is smoking, almost 2x!

ryan20021982
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Another thing, my bit torrent wont connect. I have upnp enabled and the ports are open, utorrent says its connecting, and so do my private trackers.

Did you setup a static IP??

also, it looks like my ip address changed with the new router, could that be the culprit, and if so, can i change it back or to anything else?

The router will use your actual IP address but it assigns IP's to each device itself