PDA

View Full Version : No...I Won't Invite You to iTS

noAxx
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Since I've gotten PMed by two different users in the past 24 hours asking for iTS invites, and because I am sure there are other iTS members here with that same problem, I felt a thread was in order. So allow me to make a few things clear here:

1. iTS does not have an invite system in the way most users think of it. The process involves an application, and it is reviewed by the staff.

2. If you trade or used to, iTS is not for you.

3. If you feel tempted to PM iTS users here asking for a referral/invite, DON'T. Why? Simply put, you won't get one. iTS is a small community tracker. And in that last sentence, community was the key word. Half of the users here (including those whose native tongue is English) couldn't pass a 3rd grade spelling test, or have forgotten other elements essential to proper communication, such as punctuation. Given that, plus the fact that we don't know you, none of us want to invite you.

4. The best, and indeed the only way to get invited is by being active on various trackers and their respective forums. If you pay your dues, eventually you may find a member with referral power willing to put their ass on the line for you.

5. As hinted at above, users are very much accountable for who they invite. This is yet another reason why you must earn your invite rather than be handed it through FST private messages.

6. Chances are, if you aren't an iTS member, 90% of what you think you know about iTS is wrong. For that reason, it is worth stating that iTS is not the sort of tracker that will appeal to most people here, including those who claim to really want membership.

To summarize for those of you who couldn't be bothered to read the above: Don't PM any iTS member here asking for an invite. It won't happen.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Or you could just remove smiley from your sig.:idunno:

Detale
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a question about #2

2. If you trade or used to, iTS is not for you.Is it an actual rule if you used to trade you can't get in

Oh come now man Thats the easy thing to do:huh:

noAxx
02-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Is it an actual rule if you used to trade you can't get in

Well, it isn't listed on the main rules page, though I know the odd times I've seen referral mentions offered that was stipulated. I assume that even though not an explicit rule, it is implied, and might be an issue during the staff review. But I'll let the iTS admin here speak on that if he so chooses.

Oh come now man Thats the easy thing to do:huh:[/QUOTE]

IdolEyes is right that I could. But I hardly think I should have to remove it. I mean it strikes me as entirely out of line that random PMs begging for invites not offered are considered acceptable on any level.

bladesharp
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Half of the users here (including those whose native tongue is English) couldn't pass a 3rd grade spelling test, or have forgotten other elements essential to proper communication

really !! :shutup:

IdolEyes787
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Don't know but it seems OK to have relatives in the business. His username says that his Auntie's a trader.

bladesharp
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM

Don't know but it seems OK to have relatives in the business. His username says that his Auntie's a trader.

:w00t::w00t: - LOL, i will bring in my auntie too...

noAxx
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM

My auntie? :huh:

Tokeman
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Think the only unsolicited pm's sent out are for its? Think again. I get random pm's all the time asking for invites to various trackers.

Just ignore them and move on, or, as mentioned, remove your sig. Problem solved.

Think iTS is trader free? You are insane if you think that is true. Former and current traders are members there, no doubt about it.

puckface
02-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Think iTS is trader free? You are insane if you think that is true. Former and current traders are members there, no doubt about it.

Youre right, its not. :)

And maybe the OP should remove his sig or don't remove it and continue to get PM's

Detale
02-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Yes your Auntie trader ;)

Now it would seem to me a bit hypocritical if that were an actual rule, but hey its their site so their rules.
Also if someone PM's you for an invite report them man, it's against the rules to PM for an invite without being asked to. We are here to help believe it or not ;)

02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
the ultimate thread to make your e-peen bigger, pffft its iTS get over it. what inspired you to make this thread ? did you get picked on today and decided to make yourself feel bigger and better on the e-netz

there much better trackers then mediocre iTS

pro267
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Also if someone PM's you for an invite report them man, it's against the rules to PM for an invite without being asked to. We are here to help believe it or not ;)
That's a good advice which might help educate these members to refrain from doing this sort of things in the future.

I would also suggest that you either forward the PM directly to the iTS community rep here, or take a screenshot of it and report it on the site.

noAxx
02-19-2009, 01:42 AM
the ultimate thread to make your e-peen bigger, pffft its iTS get over it. what inspired you to make this thread ? did you get picked on today and decided to make yourself feel bigger and better on the e-netz

If your incompetent ass could be bothered to read the thread, you'll notice I stated why in the very first post. Today in less than 12 hours two separate users PMed me soliciting invites. Given that prior to this the most I'd gotten was a couple of PMs about iTS, both of them from one of the two guys today asking for an invite today (who I'd originally tried to be nice to and point in the right direction before getting message number three from him), it seemed a pronounced enough increase that it was appropriate to comment. And, as I also noted, I imagine others here get these annoying PMs, so it seemed only fitting to comment.

As for quality, to each their own. Personally, I love iTS. But that is because (as my username might suggest) I don't get hard for good pres and 0day releases. To me it isn't a question of exclusivity, but quality. If I wanted to grow my e-penis as it were, I'd mention some of the far more exclusive sites I'm a member of. But alas, I don't enjoy any of them nearly as much as I do iTS, nor have I been getting invite requests for them. So, hard as it may be for a bitter, probably banned former member to believe, there was due cause for starting this thread.

02-19-2009, 01:54 AM

If your incompetent ass could be bothered to read the thread, you'll notice I stated why in the very first post. Today in less than 12 hours two separate users PMed me soliciting invites. Given that prior to this the most I'd gotten was a couple of PMs about iTS, both of them from one of the two guys today asking for an invite today (who I'd originally tried to be nice to and point in the right direction before getting message number three from him), it seemed a pronounced enough increase that it was appropriate to comment. And, as I also noted, I imagine others here get these annoying PMs, so it seemed only fitting to comment.

As for quality, to each their own. Personally, I love iTS. But that is because (as my username might suggest) I don't get hard for good pres and 0day releases. To me it isn't a question of exclusivity, but quality. If I wanted to grow my e-penis as it were, I'd mention some of the far more exclusive sites I'm a member of. But alas, I don't enjoy any of them nearly as much as I do iTS, nor have I been getting invite requests for them. So, hard as it may be for a bitter, probably banned former member to believe, there was due cause for starting this thread.

I've never been a member, nor wanted to be and probably never will be (by choice of course) i've got some of the best sites bittorent has to offer and iTS is definitely not up there imo

I've PM's requesting uk-t (which i dont even have !) but do i start big ass whiny attention seeking threads about it ? fuck no !

and as for these 'more exclusive' sites your part of, your just begging to be pm'd i honestly believe you enjoy the attention as you slowly stroke your e-penis which you use to forget the fact the IRL you fail fucking hard.

cinephilia
02-19-2009, 02:04 AM
leaving a iTS smiley in your sig is an invitation to beggars...

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 02:10 AM
4. The best, and indeed the only way to get invited is by being active on various trackers and their respective forums. If you pay your dues, eventually you may find a member with referral power willing to put their ass on the line for you.

Or you can just pm the members that offering referrals on various trackers in the power user forums and have them submit an app for you.

I agree with the others noaxx. No you shouldn't have to remove your sig, but anyone that puts a tracker userbar or smiley in their sig are just inviting members to pm them for invites.

jbloggs
02-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Omg, an iTS member, Can I have an invite - sent you a PM with ratio proofs and speedtest.

I'mmmmmmmm kiddinnnnng :D

killercam101
02-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Turn off receive incoming messages

http://tinyurl.com/bntco9

Artemis
02-19-2009, 03:26 AM

My auntie? :huh:

:whoosh:

mrnobody
02-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Since I've gotten PMed by two different users in the past 24 hours asking for iTS invites

the trick is not to use fav icons, userbars or any other publicity stuff, especially when the site tells you not to do so.

if you do so, you'll get pms regardless of what the site is, how it operates, what kind of content they perfer etc. You can put up a arrow fav icons and you'll get pms...prolly more than you are getting rn. Likewise, if you put up a demnoid fav icon, you'll might get a pm asking for an invite at some point.

and because I am sure there are other iTS members here with that same problem

never received one :ermm:

Cabalo
02-19-2009, 04:14 AM
bleh, useless thread.
put the thread title at your sig, remove the favicon and go grab a beer.

never understood that need to show several sites at the signature as a showoff. :idunno:

coltraz
02-19-2009, 04:31 AM
My will be reported? :( Sad, really.

apextwin146
02-19-2009, 04:38 AM
FFS u have been here for just a month and complaining abt these unsolicited PMs that u get and that too just 4 in number? Get over it .. Do u see people who have been here for more than year ever whine abt this shit .. No they move on . This has to be the most lamest ego boosting thread ever ..
Also if i remember iTs told its user not have promote or mention the site anyway in public including favicons and userbars ..

pone44
02-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Op- That is what the report thread is for.Things like that, as Detale said randomly asking for invites by Pm is not within the rules here-most places!
Probably Would have been better if you sent a Pm to staff here about it and Added these members to your ignore list? No need to make a thread! Also,you are the only one who is complaining about this?? :blink: Is very strange?

Sanka113
02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Honestly it's never been much of a problem for me. Even when I give people permission to pm me I hardly get any. Maybe if I buy magnum sized e-condoms that will change.

integral
02-19-2009, 06:02 AM
you have the right to display whatever icon you'd like as long as it complies with the rules of this forum.

i thought soliciting invites through PM was against the rules? just report each user, and be done with it. leave your icon the way it is.

fatcat69
02-19-2009, 06:18 AM
bleh, useless thread.

never understood that need to show several sites at the signature as a showoff. :idunno:

Damn if you keep on making sense like this, who am I going to get into debates with .

I concur with cabalo here :lol:

Detale
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
bleh, useless thread.

That's right. From now on I hereby declare that only Stallone shall go below the posts :P

I concur with cabalo here :lol:

Meh, now both of you are making sense does that mean I'm insane and don't know it :ermm:

KushBlow
02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
And you think this thread will make people stop PMing you? Hell, it'll just encourage them.

Nice going :blink:

Something Else
02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I've never been a member, nor wanted to be and probably never will be (by choice of course) i've got some of the best sites bittorent has to offer and iTS is definitely not up there imo

I've never tried a carrot, nor wanted to and probably never will do (By choice of course). I've tried tomatoes, onions and celery, carrots are definitely crap IMO because i've never tried them.

Yeah. Great point. Well made. :blink:

The_Martinator
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM

I've never tried a carrot, nor wanted to and probably never will do (By choice of course). I've tried tomatoes, onions and celery, carrots are definitely crap IMO because i've never tried them.

Lol. Such thing happen when people believe what others say about trackers. Some poeple may find something good, some not. I know a guy who thinks PTN is really awfull. Of course he's a big seedbox user. I don't know much about iTS, but considering it's a small site, you shouldn't expect ultra speeds and I don't think speed is really important to people at iTS (in a good way).

TP635
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
No one PM me for an invite to TPB

benficao
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
You could have just, writtin it, on your profile, instead you decided to make a topic about it.

Why?
This is even worse than receiving pmīs.

sez
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
You made your point on page 1.why is the thread still open?...

IdolEyes787
02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
No one PM me for an invite to TPB

Check your inbox.:)

NippleCake
02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
2. If you trade or used to, iTS is not for you.

Thats quite stupid. Didnt parkwhatsit trade back in the day? thought so :happy:

EDIT: i am not bashing iTS. And i agree with what benchez says. Conceptions of something that you have no experience of can be completely misleading, no need to nock it because you aint tried it. One brilliant thing about iTS is that it will be around for as long as staff want it to be. Very very secure :)

Der0
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
As s member of the iTS society i want just to say that iTS gets it`s new members via the current members over there.So it`s vital for the tracker that the users who have the rights go request invites choose their invitees wisely..not just via ratio proofs and speedtest so if u have a friend over there or u are active here or in other trackers you will be invited.That is how it works with all higher-level trackers that is the way in F*C,F*N etc...So it depends on you.Activity=good membership=invites to great trackers.That`s all from me.Cheers!

wiseD
02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
IdolEyes is right that I could. But I hardly think I should have to remove it. I mean it strikes me as entirely out of line that random PMs begging for invites not offered are considered acceptable on any level.
You want to keep your e-penis and stop getting PMs?

Impossible :mellow:

02-19-2009, 06:00 PM

awwww did i offend your little site now your throwing a hissy fit , just because i rate sites that actually are better then iTS highter then iTS you feel the need to say my post was pointless. when its blatantly not and its MY opinion hence the imo following it, iTS is small and '1337' i wouldnt imagine the speed, content or pre-times to be great and many actual members have told me this is true.

and if noaxx is your typical iTS member , its another reason not to want to be there.

NippleCake
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM

awwww did i offend your little site now your throwing a hissy fit , just because i rate sites that actually are better then iTS highter then iTS you feel the need to say my post was pointless. when its blatantly not and its MY opinion hence the imo following it, iTS is small and '1337' i wouldnt imagine the speed, content or pre-times to be great and many actual members have told me this is true.

and if noaxx is your typical iTS member , its another reason not to want to be there.

I really do not want to get involved in any of these silly little internet fights but in what way was Benchez throwing a hissy fit? to be honest i can see more aggression/bitching in your posts than his, so you are contradicting yourself quite badly. Just letting you know this so in future you don't get ripped to pieces. :happy:

IdolEyes787
02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
i wouldnt imagine the speed, content or pre-times to be great and many actual members have told me this is true.

The point benchez was trying to make was it is a serious mistake to judge anything that you don't have first- hand knowledge of.
Btw I don't know if that is true for iTS but a site can lack all those things and still be brilliant imo.
(having a ton of content doesn't matter is most of it is shite)

Got me there.:whistling

Something Else
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
a site can lack all those things and still be brilliant imo.

I don't think a torrent tracker can lack good content and be brilliant.
The other two things, sure.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I edited my post .I was talking more empirical value than quality.
I'd rather have 2000 torrents that I am interested in than 20000 that I am not.

Something Else
02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Well I absolutely agree my good man.

mrnobody
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM

pre-times to be great and many actual members have told me this is true.

pretimes? lulz?

That statement of yours perfectly proves benchi's point that carrots are crap coz you never tried it :pinch:

02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
but...... i like carrots

NippleCake
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
If i told you carrots are disgusting, surely that is my view and you may think they are the most delicious foodstuffs in the world. So if someone tells you that they think iTS is a pile of wank firstly ask them why are they still there if they dont like the site, and second think "well thats their opinion but i might actually really enjoy the site"

02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
If i told you carrots are disgusting, surely that is my view and you may think they are the most delicious foodstuffs in the world. So if someone tells you that they think iTS is a pile of wank firstly ask them why are they still there if they dont like the site, and second think "well thats their opinion but i might actually really enjoy the site"

was that directed at me ? because if it is you probably havent noticed that when i spoke about iTS i put imo (in my opinion)

NippleCake
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM

was that directed at me ? because if it is you probably havent noticed that when i spoke about iTS i put imo (in my opinion)

lolwut? but youve never been a member so how can you have an opinion on it if you havent tried it, apart from the opinion that you may not like it.

02-19-2009, 07:53 PM

lolwut? but youve never been a member so how can you have an opinion on it if you havent tried it, apart from the opinion that you may not like it.

like i said friends have told me iTS really isnt that good or worth trying for , and i trust there opinion since there not n00bs and are good BT users

Gheyness
02-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Did he say your site was crap, no he didn't.. Tho you implied it was tho. In the translation and mocking of what the nice Mister 105802 said, you stated that carrots are definitely crap, while reffering to carrots as your own iTS, wait isn't it a carrot that is like the logo or whatever?

If the sysop has soo many posts on FST I don't think I want it ethier, its nice to be nice, but posting that much ethier means you spam, trade or use here because your own site forum is crap.

iTS isn't up there, neither is PtN, PtN lacks a decent speed on average for downloads, the staff members are mostly a bunch of teens. JayCryst saves them and makes them so so.

No...I won't invite you to BitSoup!!!

puckface
02-20-2009, 12:53 AM
If the sysop has soo many posts on FST I don't think I want it ethier, its nice to be nice, but posting that much ethier means you spam, trade or use here because your own site forum is crap.

He's just trying to defend his little playground, just ignore him.

respawn40
02-20-2009, 01:55 AM
[
iTS isn't up there, neither is PtN, PtN lacks a decent speed on average for downloads, the staff members are mostly a bunch of teens. JayCryst saves them and makes them so so.

No...I won't invite you to BitSoup!!!

I know that I know you, but I don't know who you are :( It's very frustrating!

killercam101
02-20-2009, 03:39 AM
bitsoup invites...oh shit...its a movement!