PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Problem

Schuler
09-17-2003, 04:05 PM
I just downloaded Shadow's version of BT in hope it would help me see something about BT that I didn't before. My DL rate won't go over 1kb if it even connects to a file. I picked a popular file like the Halo beta right now and I'm chugging along at 1kbs with 24 connections and 12 seeds. I've used BT long enough to know that this should yield at least a decent rate, and yes I have my upload turned up. I know it must be something my University did with the internet connections but I have no idea how to remedy the problem. I don't know if there's any sort of fix for this problem but I'm open to suggestions.

Evil-Lab-Monkey
09-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Schuler@17 September 2003 - 16:05
I just downloaded Shadow's version of BT in hope it would help me see something about BT that I didn't before. My DL rate won't go over 1kb if it even connects to a file. I picked a popular file like the Halo beta right now and I'm chugging along at 1kbs with 24 connections and 12 seeds. I've used BT long enough to know that this should yield at least a decent rate, and yes I have my upload turned up. I know it must be something my University did with the internet connections but I have no idea how to remedy the problem. I don't know if there's any sort of fix for this problem but I'm open to suggestions.
I've heard that getting Kazaa to use port 80 will uncap your bandwidth, maybe try doing the same with BT.

Schuler
09-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Hmmm I'll have to try that in BitTorrent, but thanks for the tip about port 80. That fixes everything with Kazaa. I will try it with BitTorrent and report back.

EDIT: Doesn't work with BitTorrent, anyone have other ideas?
And thanks for fixing my KazaaLite problem without even trying Evilmonkey

nahan
09-18-2003, 02:47 AM
Bittorrent uses alot of ports(6881-6889), it can be configurd to use others but I dont think that will remedy his problem.
Best thing you can do is talk to the system admin,but come up with a legit story.
Or talk to others about your network around uni.

Schuler
09-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Talking to the network admin I would have to say is out of the picture. Although I'm sure they would understand I really have to download the Halo beta heh. I really don't think they'd restrict the BitTorrent ports on purpose because it isn't a sort of epidemic like Kazaa. I'm confused with the whole thing :blink:

Adster
09-18-2003, 06:14 AM
yes Im having the same f*ckin gproblem how do u f*ck aroun dwith the ports?? I cant get over 1k either !