PDA

View Full Version : what is the best seedbox for $60?

RPF
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, I'm drowning in trying to find a good reliable seedbox for approximately $60/month. I presently have seedbox.net but their low limit on the number of torrents I can have is unreasonable given that mine are files that are quite small.

Any suggestions?

The torrents I want to seed are mostly music ones, so the files are considerably small. It would need to have a limit of no less than say 20 torrents.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank You.

FransTormer
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I tend to recommend UKFilesite but you mainly pay for the bandwidth thus making it quite expensive (25 Mbit / 375 GB HDD / 50 active). Also, you could contact BR-Hosting and ask for a custom quote/package.

As opposed to others on these forums, I personally am very satisfied with UKFilesite but BR-Hosting was (11 months ago) very flexible in offering a high amount of active torrents vs. price.

Just my 2 cents; maybe others have other/better ideas.

seedplace
02-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Why don't you wanna get a dedicated server? For 60$ you can easily have one and it is not that hard to install utorrent on your own :)

Sanka113
02-21-2009, 12:34 AM
$60 bucks can easily get you a dedicated kimsufi that has unlimited bandwidth. And like seedplace said it's not hard to set it up on your own with the help of a tutorial that can be found here.

FransTormer
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm retracting my previous statements on UKFileSite!

- Windows-servers are running out of terminal server licenses.
- Paid subscriptions are getting cut short or terminated.
- New "management" seems to have no access to previous payments/cash.
- Their forums seem to be under attack (spam and angry customers).

RPF
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses - it's very much appreciated.

With your help, I have signed up with one.

Kind regards - R

PS: Thank you FransTormer for your second response.

pone44
02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Had a bad experience with them. Would hold off on that for now. ;)

I tend to recommend UKFilesite but you mainly pay for the bandwidth thus making it quite expensive (25 Mbit / 375 GB HDD / 50 active). Also, you could contact BR-Hosting and ask for a custom quote/package.

As opposed to others on these forums, I personally am very satisfied with UKFilesite but BR-Hosting was (11 months ago) very flexible in offering a high amount of active torrents vs. price.

FransTormer
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Had a bad experience with them. Would hold off on that for now. ;)
No problem, that's why I posted a new statement later in this topic.:P:whistling

Some people even posted the home-address of the so-called previous owner online suggesting peeps could pay him a visit...

hayden61108
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
so what is kimsufi? ovh reseller? are they good?

FransTormer
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
so what is kimsufi? ovh reseller? are they good?
Kimsufi = OVH just with different servers & SLA... Dunno how your French is but the smallprint basically explains it all.

iam1337
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
http://tfhosting.codebluehacks.org/services.html

Starter Package
(was 10GB) Now 20GB Of Space
5 running torrents
TorrentFlux Web Management Interface
FTP 24/7 File Access
$20.00 monthly

Power Package
(was 20GB) Now 40GB Of Space
10 running torrents
FTP 24/7 File Access
$30.00 monthly

Pro Package
(was 40GB) Now 80GB Of Space
20 running torrents
FTP 24/7 File Access
$50.00 monthly
We also offer the above packages using rTorrent + wTorrent interface.
Such a huge rip off....

central2rbay
02-25-2009, 06:17 AM
$60 bucks can easily get you a dedicated kimsufi that has unlimited bandwidth. And like seedplace said it's not hard to set it up on your own with the help of a tutorial that can be found here.

Appreciate the info on Kimsufi Sanka ;) Thanks a bunch... looks very intriguing... Currently on a 100mbit dedicated line, 250gig, 25-30 torrents (optimal), for a bit more than their pricing at.

Best,

UnGodly
02-25-2009, 02:42 PM
You could have 2 dedicated KImsufi Servers for $60, I don't know why anyone would spend that unless they intend to resell

iam1337
02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
You could have 2 dedicated KImsufi Servers for $60, I don't know why anyone would spend that unless they intend to resell
Perhaps your missing the fact that they only sell to certain countries. If you live in one of those then thats great. If you aren't, you have to pay close to $60 for a shitty box that a reseller is offering. A box that retails for 20 (insert currency here) on kimsufi's website.

for 60$, you can get a better box than a celeron cpu, 1 gb of ram, limited hardware, and throttling your bandwidth.

doggz1999
02-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Cant make a new post. Can someone tell me what the difference between web edition and standard server is?

can u run utorrent and win rar on both versions?

HAYDEN:
they are really good servers, I have had good luck with them..
Talk to slayer2005 if you need one.

FransTormer
02-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Cant make a new post. Can someone tell me what the difference between web edition and standard server is?

Web2003 supports up to 2GB RAM, Web2008 up to 4GB.

Server2003 and Server2008 can do more.

Either version is stable enough to run uTorrent, WinRAR, QuickSFV and so on. With some tweaking (if possible) they won't need more than 300MB RAM to run which leaves plenty of space for your uTorrent and such.

In my opinion; try to find a host that has Web2008 64-bit edition; I like it the most and you don't need to pay additional for a TS-license (which usually is the case on the normal server-editions).

andra
02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
No problems wiht software and windows 2008 64bit
I mean like filezilla server and some other filesharing programs.

Web2003 supports up to 2GB RAM, Web2008 up to 4GB.

Server2003 and Server2008 can do more.

Either version is stable enough to run uTorrent, WinRAR, QuickSFV and so on. With some tweaking (if possible) they won't need more than 300MB RAM to run which leaves plenty of space for your uTorrent and such.

In my opinion; try to find a host that has Web2008 64-bit edition; I like it the most and you don't need to pay additional for a TS-license (which usually is the case on the normal server-editions).

FransTormer
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Are you trying to confirm something or was it a question?

Anyway, I have no problems whatsoever and I'm running Server 2008 Enterprise x64 at home. Not going into details but I even got 16-bit programs running here.:lol:

andra
02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Yea it was a question :D

Nice to here that things work. Going to try server 2008 64bit on my next server.

Are you trying to confirm something or was it a question?

Anyway, I have no problems whatsoever and I'm running Server 2008 Enterprise x64 at home. Not going into details but I even got 16-bit programs running here.:lol:

pone44
03-12-2009, 06:44 AM
This site is NOT recommended. In fact I would avoid it!

Ukfilesite- NO customer service or support, Service at that! :censored:

I tend to recommend UKFilesite but you mainly pay for the bandwidth thus making it quite expensive (25 Mbit / 375 GB HDD / 50 active).

FransTormer
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Thanks for replying (and not reading): see http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-best-seedbox-60-post3142120/postcount5 :whistling

pone44
03-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Just giving my two cents (on that particular company-or whatever it is?) once again. Did not see your post! :book:
:whistling:

Thanks for replying (and not reading): see http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-best-seedbox-60-post3142120/postcount5 :whistling