PDA

View Full Version : Who The Western King?

The Horror fanatic
09-17-2003, 11:29 PM
In my time i have seen a lot of westerns being the fact they are watched a lot in my house. My favourites are john wayne and of course clint eastwood. my favourites are
true grit(john wayne)
a fistful of dollars and a few dollars more(clint)
The good the bad and the ugly is my all time favourite because it is more than a western. Lee van cleef, eli wallach and clint eastwood are brilliant in that one.

zinc1
09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Well two of my favourites are already mentioned The Duke & clint Eastwood.

Still James stewart Was Also one of the greats.The other westerns I also liked were
The Young Guns and Once upon A Time In The West with Henry Fonda & Charles Bronson,it was a classic.

hooked
09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
once upon time in the west - charles bronson

edit / damn beat me to it :(

foot loose
09-17-2003, 11:38 PM
lee van clief (the good, bad and ugle)

[SIZE=7]Blondie u son of a ha ha ha bwa bwa bwa ;)

The Horror fanatic
09-17-2003, 11:40 PM
yes charles bronson was in a few, but i remember him mostly for the 4 deathwish films and mr majestyk to name a few. Clint as dirty harry was great too. the first is a classic.
do you feel lucky punk, i know what you thinking, did he shoot five or did he shoot six. Quite frankly in all this excitement i forgot
man what a classic dirty harry is. But it been a while since i saw once upon a time in the west.

Alucard1475
09-18-2003, 02:41 AM
Clint Eastwood was the greatest B)

The Horror fanatic
09-18-2003, 03:38 AM
i like the good the bad and the ugly best, but he sure is the man. I think john wayne was too much for the old war films than the westerns. But he did star in a few with lee van cleef, clint that is.

Jay
09-18-2003, 03:50 AM
i really dont like western movies, i have only seen about 5 of them my whole life

BigBank_Hank
09-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Well my favorite is playing at the theater right now Open Range. I thought that it was an excellent film and it was film like the old westerns used to be.

Another couple of classics that I didn't see mentioned are Wyatt Erp and Tombstone. This is a great genre IMO and it was a long time since a great one has been made, until Open Range that is.

L0rD_S0tH
09-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Not real big on westerns but My fav would have to be Clint Eastwood. I really liked the movie the unforgiven.

Oh yeah, tombstone was really good too. Haven't seen open range, yet but I plan on it soon.

D!mensio_x
09-18-2003, 12:31 PM
:ph34r: Clint Eastwood is by far the best. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/)" is some great movie.

"Once Upon a Time in the West (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/)" was also good. As were "Tombstone (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/)", "Wyatt Earp (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111756/)" and "Dances with Wolves (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099348/)".

But I particularly like My name is Nobody (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070215/) starring Terence Hill and Henry Fonda. I absolutely love this movie.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

HellBoY
09-18-2003, 12:48 PM
http://www.dunwich.org/tv/helen/eastwoll.gif
ARE U TALKING TO ME PUNK!!

Riddler
09-18-2003, 12:54 PM
All of the previously mentioned flicks and actors are superb. And to expand on D!mensio_x's mention of Tombstone; I'd have to tip my hat to an actor (not at all known for the western genre) based on his role in that movie. Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday was a pleasure to watch. In particular the scene where Doc manages to put off dying long enough to meet ' Johnny Ringo ' before Wyatt does and, barely managing to keep from coughing up a lung, croaks out the line " I'm your Huckleberry " then proceeds to outdraw him at close range, pops a slug in Ringo's head and holsters his gun before the bad guy even registers that he's dead. Great scene ! B)

zinc1
09-18-2003, 02:44 PM
D X just reminded me when he mentioned terrence hill,Did he star in a film with a fat bearded bloke in a couple of films Called

They call Me Trinity
Trinity Is Still My Name

Those movies were hilerious how the two guys hated each other and they turned out to be brothers. I think those were the movies ,but still not too sure any ideas gous ?

hooked
09-18-2003, 03:06 PM
bud spencer

Twigboy
09-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by zinc1@18 September 2003 - 14:44
D X just reminded me when he mentioned terrence hill,Did he star in a film with a fat bearded bloke in a couple of films Called

They call Me Trinity
Trinity Is Still My Name

Those movies were hilerious how the two guys hated each other and they turned out to be brothers. I think those were the movies ,but still not too sure any ideas gous ?
:lol: Yeah those were the first 2 that came to mind,one Of my favorite sceanes was when Terence Hill drawed against the guy in the saloon,slapped him upside the head like 3-4 times before he had a chance to draw-then he was like wanna see it again.

Immortal Genocide
09-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey, They cant make those kind of wester movies nowa' days!
All the best actors are either dead or very old! :(
And now most of these new actors cant even act properly...lol
But, the Best western actors i have to say are:- Clint Eastwood
And Lee van Cleef!
There just wicked! :D
Erm, The best film with each other in is erm....whats that movies with the hand watch in it, and that music that comes before a gun fight...erm...i think for a fistful of dollars! B)
Any, Thats just sum Heavy Film!
And... The good, the bad and the ugly is un missable aswell!!!
Damn, They dont make films these days like they bloody used to! :angry:

The Horror fanatic
09-19-2003, 03:03 AM
yes clint, lee van cleef and eli wallach are ace in the good, the bad and the ugly. Sergio leone has done some really good westerns

LaVaNaNo
09-19-2003, 03:32 AM
John Wayne is the MAN. True grit was a funny movie. Best part is when the gang call him a name and he gets mad and charges at them, thats the best part of the movie.

Cenobite
09-19-2003, 03:40 AM
One of the best John Wayne Westerns was The Shootist (I think it was his last film)

[B][O][T]
09-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Clint Eastwood

BOT

zinc1
09-19-2003, 12:16 PM
There was this other John Wayne movie that was really great,also starred Robert Mitchum & James Caanm
Mitchum was a drunk sheriff and cann could't shoot a gon so he was given a sawn off shotgun.can somebody tell the name please,
I think it might have been Rio Grande or something.

Cenobite
09-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by zinc1@19 September 2003 - 12:16
There was this other John Wayne movie that was really great,also starred Robert Mitchum & James Caanm
Mitchum was a drunk sheriff and cann could't shoot a gon so he was given a sawn off shotgun.can somebody tell the name please,
I think it might have been Rio Grande or something.
I think it was Rio Bravo or El Dorado

zinc1
09-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Thnx cenobite that was the one.

Cenobite
09-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Other great Westerns to look out for:

The War Wagon (John Wayne)
Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (Paul Newman)
High Noon (Gary Cooper)
Magnificent Seven (Yul Brynner & others)
Mackenna's Gold (Gregory Peck)
Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford)
Hang em High (Clint Eastwood)
High Plains Drifter (Clint Eastwood)

I think I can remember one called 'Fist Full of Dynamite' about a man who carried Nitro Glycerin around himself. I think it had James Coburn in it. Anyone know it?

The Horror fanatic
09-20-2003, 03:27 AM
hang em high is one of clint's best films. The way he comes back and gets them all is just great. I cannot remeber which one it is, but there is one where he is in the barbers chair and takes out these guys. that is a real good one

jetje
09-20-2003, 09:29 AM
Although i like westerns a lot... must say never did think John Wayne movie were really great.. I kinda like the rougher westerns more. The style from sergio Leone..
But as for artists yes... clint eastwood, charles bronson, lee van cleef but i'm forgetting to mention a lot of the top ators in this genre... :rolleyes:
But if i have to mention one King.. it sure will be Clint Eastwood! :)