PDA

View Full Version : pruned for inactivity??:S

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 02:44 PM
My username was pontypool or redkoatz. neither seem to work. was i pruned for inactivity?

NippleCake
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
from where?? :ermm:

IdolEyes787
02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
There is no record of pontypool and you couldn't create another account with the name of redkoatz is there was already one in the database.
FST doesn't prune accounts for inactivity so I don't know what to tell you.

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
hmm well its my account. im not creating another account with the same name. i just dont understand why i cant log in.. i know for sure what password it should be but its not working. cant you tell me what email address its registered to so i can get a password reminder?
(i want to know which email so i dont have to check all of them)

IdolEyes787
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry can't post that here. It's (I take it ) your real name @googlemail.com

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
im talking about fsn : /

IdolEyes787
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Then you should have said so.
Haven't got the vaguest what fsn means.: /

walkman79
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
What the hell, this is very funny. I have never seen this expression of n00bishness in my life lol

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
If by "noob" you mean (new) since that's actually what noob means - to act as if your new and clueless. Then I can assure you that I probably know more about the way things work than you do.
I merely want to know if my account has been pruned or not.. Hold the geeky comments.

IdolEyes787
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Sorry if this sounds insulting but I don't think that we've established exactly which account you are talking about .
As far as I know you have no previous account at FST and I am unaware of any fsn.

Strangely this conversation reminds me of a famous bit by Abbott and Costello.

walkman79
02-24-2009, 05:19 PM
If by "noob" you mean (new) since that's actually what noob means - to act as if your new and clueless. Then I can assure you that I probably know more about the way things work than you do.
I merely want to know if my account has been pruned or not.. Hold the geeky comments.

Man, I said n00b because I didn't want to say anything offensive. But if you don't specify what site you are talking about no one can help you. If you are referring to FST you can contact the staff here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/sendmessage.php

If you are talking about a site called FSN I really don't have any clue what it is and maybe you are very knowledgable person :P

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I can't really tell you what fsn stands for . because at some point it was against the rules. But i was directed here by someone from fsn to find out if my account was pruned for inactity. If that was true and someone from fsn was indeed here at the forums... Then I wouldn't need to explain myself, but if nobody here knew what fsn means.. then that means nobody could help anyway. Whichever way you look at it my post was perfectly fine, I am just trying to abide by the rules. To accuse me of any kind of stupidity based on the limited evidence that has been provided just shows how foolish you are yourself. When it comes to intelligence and know how, rest assured you either would fail or you would be hard challenged against me.

So anyway you don't have sufficient evidence to accuse me of being a "noob" but I have plenty of evidence to consider you a geek and a moron by using words like "noobishness"

S3v3N
02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Is it a torrent site ?
If so ; you can post on the Bt section.

Good luck .

walkman79
02-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I can't really tell you what fsn stands for . because at some point it was against the rules. But i was directed here by someone from fsn to find out if my account was pruned for inactity. If that was true and someone from fsn was indeed here at the forums... Then I wouldn't need to explain myself, but if nobody here knew what fsn means.. then that means nobody could help anyway. Whichever way you look at it my post was perfectly fine, I am just trying to abide by the rules. To accuse me of any kind of stupidity based on the limited evidence that has been provided just shows how foolish you are yourself. When it comes to intelligence and know how, rest assured you either would fail or you would be hard challenged against me.

So anyway you don't have sufficient evidence to accuse me of being a "noob" but I have plenty of evidence to consider you a geek and a moron by using words like "noobishness"

Lol, chill out man. This is your original post on this thread:

My username was pontypool or redkoatz. neither seem to work. was i pruned for inactivity?

And you hadn't said what site you were referring to, so I assumed you were referring to a previous account on this site but then you said it was FSN and this site is not FSN and that's why it was funny. Everyone who read this thread would say that you hadn't provided enough information to be helped, and that's a common n00b mistake. If you were smart enough you must have tried to contact FSN staff in the first place, if you don't know how to contact them but it's a private tracker you can ask for their irc channel on the Bittorrent section of this forum, someone will probably pm you the details to join the channel.

Anyway, I won't reply your insult and I will wait for a moderator.

I'm probably a n00b on many things but I'm not the moron here :whistling

Btw, I'm not a native english speaker but I do my best to express myself clearly.

Edit: Why your friend didn't tell you the FSN irc server and channel? or Why your friend didn't try to contact the staff there to ask help for you? :S

NippleCake
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
idoleyes shudda listened to me i knew he wasnt talking about FST

@op its a great help if you make it obvious what site you are talking about in your first post rather than causing complete confusion ><

walkman79
02-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Hmm, I think he is referring to FSC because there is a similarity between FSN to FSC url.
If so, there are some Community Representatives on this forum and you could contact them:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Lol, chill out man. This is your original post on this thread:

And you hadn't said what site you were referring to, so I assumed you were referring to a previous account on this site but then you said it was FSN and this site is not FSN and that's why it was funny. Everyone who read this thread would say that you hadn't provided enough information to be helped

Edit: Why your friend didn't tell you the FSN irc server and channel? or Why your friend didn't try to contact the staff there to ask help for you? :S

Hmm... Well As I already said. Speaking the name of this place is against it's rules and besides, when you attempt to log in and fail it also directs people to make an inquiry here at these forums. I am neither the moron here or the one that started the insults, you started that by using geek terminology on me. I was directed here by a friend that uses FSN and the website itself when you fail to log in.. if I remember correctly everyone at the website refers to it as fsn when speaking about it elswhere to keep it private. I have done everything as I should to abide by it's rules and following instructions, so I have made no "mistake" what-so-ever. The only people in the wrong are you for being condescending to a first time poster on these boards. And the people who (apparently) wrongly directed me here to make an inquiry. I had the best intentions at heart when I tried to make that inquiry without revealing the name of the website.

walkman79
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Being a n00b is not an insult imo, the word is used frequently on forums to refer to a newcomer. Maybe I was wrong when I made a joke about your posts but the sequence of your posts were funny particularly because you didn't mention FSN till your third post on the thread and FST is one of the biggest forums on the Internet and the biggest forum about FileSharing but there is no relation between FST and a site called FSN afaik. I think you assumed that this forum was exclusively for FSN users right? Well, you just need to take a look around to see that this forum is much more than that.

Sorry for being impolite and Welcome to FST!

when you attempt to log in and fail it also directs people to make an inquiry here at these forums.

That's very weird :unsure:

redkoatz
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
when you attempt to log in and fail it also directs people to make an inquiry here at these forums.

That's very weird :unsure:

and yet true

IdolEyes787
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
OK since I can't pm you can you file a report in the report section and give me the name of the site?
Or the name of a staff member there so I could check.
Failing that does the mystery site have clubs and a way to obtain freeleech?:unsure:
I'm trying to help but you have to work with me here.

Or you could just log off ignoring all my suggestions and attempts to help.
Oh I see you did already.