PDA

View Full Version : Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Detale
02-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Now this is NOT, I SAY AGAIN NOT a thread to start another flame war trader vs. "anti" trader in.

I just want to get an idea if the majority of our members think and feel about it.

There will be no other warning if you start shit in here there will be harsh infractions handed down. Respectful posts only, lets act like adults here guys and gals. Thanks

bladesharp
02-25-2009, 07:46 AM
No problem in keeping it :)

unknown_error
02-25-2009, 07:48 AM
i like it :whistling
let it live

The_Martinator
02-25-2009, 07:48 AM
This is gonna be interesting. I say get rid of it.

Funkin'
02-25-2009, 08:20 AM
I really wish you would have put in a third option Detale, saying something like "I don't think it's possible for me to care any less whether it stays or not". But since you didn't, I picked yes just because it seems to cause too many problems(for here and trackers).

Swift
02-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes , but from my point of view i don't frequent there often

pone44
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Yes please get rid of it :D

I do not care either way. has it's up's and downs, i assume. They will migrate to another forum or create some secret trading site? No offense to those who choose to trade, just my thoughts.

TranceMaster6003
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I say get rid of it

Shalafi
02-25-2009, 08:44 AM
@Detale;

Why dont you show the names on the poll to see who voted yes and no?

The_Martinator
02-25-2009, 08:48 AM
@Detale;

Why dont you show the names on the poll to see who voted yes and no?
Why don't you tell us how YOU voted?!
EDIT: I guess I should have known, sorry.

Detale
02-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Read the first post again guys. before someone says something dumb and gets Disabled for a week.

Shalafi I didn't show them because it's a private Poll so no one has to be affraid of what othes think and can answer honestly.

lostdemon
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I've honestly never seen the point in trading so I say get rid of the trading section. IMO this would be a better place without it. But again thats just my opinion

Shalafi
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Read the first post again guys. before someone says something dumb and gets Disabled for a week.

Shalafi I didn't show them because it's a private Poll so no one has to be affraid of what othes think and can answer honestly.

I mean ,to offer a solution

If who voted yes,they shouldnt see the trade section.So that means they got rid of trading section.

And if who voted no;they shouldnt see the giveaway and request section.

That should be a good solution.

Paracetamol
02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
I voted to get rid of it, but only because there wasn't an "I honestly don't give a crap" option in the poll, and I lean toward removing it only slightly. To be honest it affects me none, and it likely never will.

hoodeh
02-25-2009, 09:36 AM
I think the trading section is a good thing.
That plus the BT rep, lets us know who trades and who doesnt, and therefore gives us info on users.
If FST didnt have a trading section, it would still have all the traders asking for invites at the giveaway and request section, and they would get more invites since people wouldnt be able to check whether they are traders or not.
The trading section must stay, as it let's us know who the traders are.

H.

stoi
02-25-2009, 09:38 AM
No it wouldnt, that is just hiding more things on here. I hate trading, but i want to see it so i can decide for myself to ban/or not to ban someone that is trading.

I say get rid, its pointless.

FST dont even allow links to torrents, they allow NZB but not links to actual torrents, because of the legal ramifications, but you allow trading, which is a security risk to trackers, just seems 2 faced to me.

I still dont think it will ever happen, the WTAW and trading sections are there to get members in, ever since the demise of the K-Lite program you have no other way to grab them by the balls and get them to stay here, and i would personally members got more involved in their tracker forums/irc and asked questions etc than came here.

So without it the site would be dead within a year, but it would be good to see the back of it (trading sections I mean, but it will never happen, and if just hide them, then you will have a lot more mistrust than you do already)

TP635
02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes

Cobass
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
kill it! :P

Sylar666
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM
No, there are people, who like to trade. They are nowhere worse than the loud hypocrites, the so -called "Anti - Traders". This is a friendly, cozy place - enough space for everybody until rules kept.

Serb
02-25-2009, 10:25 AM
it would be nice to get rid of trade zone here :)

stoi
02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
So its OK to break tracker rules, but god forbid if you break FST rules?

lets be honest here, most trackers, trading is against their rules, but traders dont care one iota about that, neither does FST.

OK if it was not against our rules, then fine get on with it, but this is what it comes down to, FST and traders, even giveaways on here, are against most trackers rules, but yous dont give a toss, that is what gets on tracker staffs tits.

stitched
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
noo fst shouldnt get rid of trading section...
because
fst wouldnt be a better place all of a sudden without traders then what it really is .....
people dont really change....if some one thinks if they kill every one who has wronged in one generation...the jails would be empty the next generation and further generations to come....its a wrong idea.....its not the system its human nature which is flawed

....there will always be people who do things right way and who dont do things the right way.

i started off trading and i have been a pretty good member in all the sites i am on......may be trading should be given atleast a few more years before being scrapped.

if not here they would trade somewhere else...people usually see what they want to see...if u r a trader u thing trading is the best way to go about it...anyways i dont really know much of anything

stoi
02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
From my POV, and this is mine, not every tracker staff out there, there are good ways to trade, and there are bad ways.

Lets say you have Frank and Mavis, they are on a general tracker, they get talking on MSN/IRC, Frank says he would love to get in a game only tracker, Mavis says she would love to get into a TV only tracker, low and behold, Frank has a BitmeTV invite, and Mavis has a BCG invite, so they invite each other into those trackers.

That to me is fine, as both want them, and both will use them, and more importantly, both know each other before and after the trade.

What i think is wrong, is trading with someone you have no idea who they are.

take the 2 members above, they still want to get in those sites, but they do not know each other, They both trade on here, but Mavis has been a very clever cheat for awhile on BCG so we have not spotted here, Frank thinks with ratio SS and Speedtests she is a really good member, Frank gets mavis into BitmeTV, she cheats, gets caught, Frank and Mavis loose both accounts on BCG and BitmeTV.

and then you have the members that just want every tracker, and 5 accounts on each, they are addicted to trading, they dont really give a shit about the site, they use a seedbox, to up their ratio to get invites, or to have a better account, some even donate to get a better bargaining tool, and then trade, trade, trade.

All they care about is their addiction to trading, they dont give a toss about the sites in question, or the other members they are trading with, and they also know, that if they get banned, np, just trade again to get back in.

so just think next time you do a giveaway or a trade, you very well may be bringing in a member to that tracker, that has just been banned not long ago.

Yes is is a fast way of getting what you want, but is it really worth it, surely getting to know people on trackers and socializing and getting noticed is a better way (slower yes, but definately better).

stitched
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
well yeah may be there is some times when trade you do get greedy...i myself have been tempted to trade for something which i dont have and i dont need....luckily i have been able to stop myself for making such trades...

and yes i doo feel getting to know people on trackers and socializing and getting noticed is a better way (slower yes, but definately better).
but i dont know if its worth the wait...jsut because of the time u gotta spend on getting to know some one who u would probabaly never meet.....and jsut when u r starting to get noticed oink gets shut down...u need to start the whole process...u got college to worry, and all the bieautifull gals around, the phone sex,cyber sex, the real sex, theater sex.......and then the real friends....and sleeping masterbating,pretending to study, pretending to work, watch all the movies u downloaded, play all the games u downloaded.....whew is there enough time?.... is 24 hrs enough is the real question?

Swift
02-25-2009, 11:30 AM
16 votes for no but no good reason to keep it and nobody reply's that sad because they know they are traders and still HIDE.
BT reps have nothing to do with trades i didn't get my reps from trading . So it's not neccesary to say that if you have BT reps you are a trader

Shalafi
02-25-2009, 11:47 AM
So its OK to break tracker rules, but god forbid if you break FST rules?

lets be honest here, most trackers, trading is against their rules, but traders dont care one iota about that, neither does FST.

OK if it was not against our rules, then fine get on with it, but this is what it comes down to, FST and traders, even giveaways on here, are against most trackers rules, but yous dont give a toss, that is what gets on tracker staffs tits.

We are all against rules,why do you avoid this fact??

this is kind of food chain.

In the bottom of the chain;there are traders which site staffs try to hunt and get rid of them
In the middle of the chain,there are trackers which Mpaa and others try to hunt and get rid of them.

So you too;dont give a toss and that is what gets on mpaa and others tits.

So how can you talk against us while u are acting like us??

Maybe some trackers need to shut up.because this can be what it will come down to.

Normally,in a food chain the one in the bottom cant hunt the one in the middle.But i think we have an exception here.Do not forget this.

apextwin146
02-25-2009, 11:50 AM
In indian forums (like most others i assume) there is option in your profile which allows you to choose wether you want to see threads will adult content(posted in a different subforum) or not .. This was primarily dont to achive the safe browsing for the office going users like myself who browse such forums on from office too ..
Wouldnt it be better that you can implement some thing of this sort here .. Make sure others can view what option you have selected in the profile regarding this so as to make sure that the two groups exactly knw who is what ..

I think polls like this arnt exactly helpfull in solving the purpose for which they are created .. you can never estimate the damage this site will suffer due to closure of trade section .. It mite prove disastrous after a few months ..

Thirdly I really dont wanna see FST go down the same path as other forums where everyone is just another arse licker trying to get into the new leet tracker .. Atleast traders have some self respect and dont go beggin abt invites or do foolish things(<insert cheesemen stupid photo here>) ..

FST is what is it because of the freedom given here to each individual .. 30 days is enuff time for any new member to choose the path he wants to take oh how to progress in this BT hierarchy .. The regulars here can advice them as to what to do but the end decision lies with them .. Dont force people on what needs to be done ..

You also do realise that its the traders that bring some really kick ass threads into existence in FST :shifty:

crimsoncrow
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
To borrow a little from what stoi already said, we're ultimately seeking to join private trackers - trackers with their own specific rules. And almost universally, they ban trading. So when you join a tracker, you're receiving the invite with the condition that you'll play by their rules; it is their house after all.

How many times have users complained here when they feel they've been unfairly banned, especially when they've been good users? Well, tracker admins can feel similarly cheated when they find out a supposedly good user has been secretly breaking their rules the entire time. Other users end up paying the consequences (i.e., losing invites, privileges, etc.) To me, it just comes down to mutual respect.

Beyond that, I feel it's a big safety issue for all trackers. As one poster already stated, traders are too easily driven by the temptation of the next great tracker - and will frequently cut corners when deciding who their trading partner will be. All it takes is one mistake - the wrong invitee - to bring down an entire tracker.

For those reasons, I voted to get rid of the trading section.

So you too;dont give a toss and that is what gets on mpaa and others tits.

So how can you talk against us while u are acting like us??

Maybe some trackers need to shut up.because this can be what it will come down to.

I think what you fail to understand is that the no-trading rule isn't arbitrary. Just about every tracker has this rule in place so that we are all protected. We all don't follow the mpaa's rules - that doesn't mean we should sacrifice our own safety for the sake of proving hypocrisy.

stoi
02-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Shalafi you have a very strange way of looking at things. I can see where you are coming from but it is flawed.

If there was no Cheaters, i would open up. christ i have opened up to 100,000 members before, within a year we are back down to 27,000 members, that must tell you something.

Problem is it is a viscious circle.

We open up we get cheats and dupe accounts, that are to the used for trading "if" we ever close our doors in the future.

We stay closed we get traders who trade accounts they signed up with when we were open, this also brings in cheaters.

We have invites to get new members in, hopefully good ones, and members that get the invites, just want something in reteurn, so they trade, or sell them.

The whole point of trading is, you get something for free (an account or an invite) and you profit from it (get into another site, or sell them).

to me it has not got much to do about security, if they want you, they dont even have to be in your tracker, they will still get you.

all i would like, is good members, that do not cheat, that use the tracker how they want to use it, that help every other member out, either with seeding for eternity, uploading their own stuff, uploading scene stuff, helping out in the Forums or IRC, just taking part.

Not doing the above just so they can get something out of it at the end of the day, so they can use that to gain something for themselves.

but we all know that will never happen, ok their are some that will do it for the good of the community, but those are very few and far between, and every tracker out there have the traders and cheaters, i dont care what tracker you are, so every way we have tried to get good members, does not work, but yet if a tracker is completely closed, and no invites, no way to get in, all we get is complaints, and its shit anyway, you are not missing anything.

I was viewing a chetaers forum the other day, went a few months back in their posts, "is it OK to cheat on BCG" answer, yes go for it, they are open, just sign up again. went to an earlier post from about 2 months back "is it ok to cheat on BCG" NO!! they are closed if you loose your account, there is no way to get back in, so do not cheat.

Why should members utilize their BW for the sake of members to get stuff and not seed back anything, but still not get banned, christ its not like we are asking much, and on BCG we even give them the SP system and they still bloody cheat, its enough to make any staffer bang their head against a brick bloody wall.

Now you may think why talking about cheats, in a trading thread, to me they both go hand in hand, ok not every cheater is a trader and vice versa, but if a cheater knows its easy to get back in with a trade, then they will cheat regardless, because they know they are going to get back in.

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
I say do an experiment. Close the trading section for about 2 to 3 months and see how Fst changes. If it changes for the worse than you can bring it back. It wouldn't hurt to try really.

Polarbear
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM
prediciton: no matter what the outcome of this poll is - nothing will change ...

edit: still everyone should vote for yes of course. i'm convinced that the closing of the trading section would make fst a better place.

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
^Yes I too have a feeling the outcome will not change at all. This is the second time we go over this same Poll. The first time I felt a little teased matter fact.

Shalafi
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Shalafi you have a very strange way of looking at things. I can see where you are coming from but it is flawed.

If there was no Cheaters, i would open up. christ i have opened up to 100,000 members before, within a year we are back down to 27,000 members, that must tell you something.

Problem is it is a viscious circle.

We open up we get cheats and dupe accounts, that are to the used for trading "if" we ever close our doors in the future.

We stay closed we get traders who trade accounts they signed up with when we were open, this also brings in cheaters.

We have invites to get new members in, hopefully good ones, and members that get the invites, just want something in reteurn, so they trade, or sell them.

The whole point of trading is, you get something for free (an account or an invite) and you profit from it (get into another site, or sell them).

to me it has not got much to do about security, if they want you, they dont even have to be in your tracker, they will still get you.

all i would like, is good members, that do not cheat, that use the tracker how they want to use it, that help every other member out, either with seeding for eternity, uploading their own stuff, uploading scene stuff, helping out in the Forums or IRC, just taking part.

Not doing the above just so they can get something out of it at the end of the day, so they can use that to gain something for themselves.

but we all know that will never happen, ok their are some that will do it for the good of the community, but those are very few and far between, and every tracker out there have the traders and cheaters, i dont care what tracker you are, so every way we have tried to get good members, does not work, but yet if a tracker is completely closed, and no invites, no way to get in, all we get is complaints, and its shit anyway, you are not missing anything.

I was viewing a chetaers forum the other day, went a few months back in their posts, "is it OK to cheat on BCG" answer, yes go for it, they are open, just sign up again. went to an earlier post from about 2 months back "is it ok to cheat on BCG" NO!! they are closed if you loose your account, there is no way to get back in, so do not cheat.

Why should members utilize their BW for the sake of members to get stuff and not seed back anything, but still not get banned, christ its not like we are asking much, and on BCG we even give them the SP system and they still bloody cheat, its enough to make any staffer bang their head against a brick bloody wall.

Now you may think why talking about cheats, in a trading thread, to me they both go hand in hand, ok not every cheater is a trader and vice versa, but if a cheater knows its easy to get back in with a trade, then they will cheat regardless, because they know they are going to get back in.

Maybe you must check system and configure it not to cheat by users.

why do people cheat on trackers?
-poor upload speed depending on location
-cant keep up the pace with seedboxes so that they upload less
-some other reasons which doesnt come up my mind now
-for passion(to be an uploadmania,so to have some extra gainings;invite or something else)

So nearly except the 4th one,you can prevent all of these reasons.What shall you do?

having no ratio system
staying online in irc and get upload.
posting in forums(100 posts means 20 gb upload credits)
competitions which u can add upload credit to the winner
invite tree system(bring 3 good users,if they become powers users,you get 75 gb upload)

These examples are just coming up my mind.More can come if you all discuss with staff.

And so you can easily prevent cheaters.Maybe you cant prevent them all.but u can absorbe them mostly.

You can try to have other trackers' cheating system,coz i think cheating systems are different tracker by tracker.So you can cooperate with other admins and use their cheating system.

I think it is all up to you.

Artemis
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I voted yes, but the difference is I am aware of the politics here on FST so even if there is an overwhelming yes, say 9/10 votes, it will still make no difference. It is simple math the bt trades & bt giveaways sub forums generate a large proportion of the page impressions which are served and therefore are a large slice of the advertising revenue. Since at the end of the rainbow we are talking about revenue generated, the likelihood of the management closing a revenue generating section is not terribly likely ?

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 12:57 PM
having no ratio system
And so you can easily prevent cheaters.
and suffer with download speeds and seeders right?? Seeders and leachers make up most of the community, not the cheaters. He can't change up his whole system because of a few bad apples, but he is trying to come up with new ways to get rid of cheaters without contradicting the efficiency of the tracker.

With this many unrresponsible and selfish users it seems impossible to have a perfect tracker. You're either going to have one flaw or another. You can never have both

Edit. This is getting a little offtopic btw.

Polarbear
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I voted yes, but the difference is I am aware of the politics here on FST so even if there is an overwhelming yes, say 9/10 votes, it will still make no difference. It is simple math the bt trades & bt giveaways sub forums generate a large proportion of the page impressions which are served and therefore are a large slice of the advertising revenue. Since at the end of the rainbow we are talking about revenue generated, the likelihood of the management closing a revenue generating section is not terribly likely ?

the official statment still is that this forum makes no profit. :naughty:

abosamer
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
If that will make the giveaway section has a better attention and pple start thinking of what P2P really means ( Share Ur Invites ) , then I think we don't really need a place where u can find strong pple have everything and weak pple have nothin .

And let the the invites distribution take another road , like to be distribute depend on needs and intrests , not because anyone's familly member going to get hurt if he hasn't been invited .

Didn't mean any hard feelings toward anyone , but i think both sides ; or maybe there are more sides , have some reason to act like that , and having some sections for them .

So my opinion is clear now , I hope u can take my opinion easily .:)

Shalafi
02-25-2009, 01:15 PM

+1

Definitely,They cant cut the tree they hang on ;)

stl
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
let it be. let everybody answers only for theirs acts. if the man is an idiot, nothing can helps him, so there is no anything negative in the trade section

stoi
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
invite tree system(bring 3 good users,if they become powers users,you get 75 gb upload)

we had that

still have it actually, just not everyone has referrals.

We also have the Sp system, all you have to do is seed, even if there is no leechers on a torrent, you can get a 1:1 ratio on that torrent.

we have done away with PU and SPU now as well, so nothing is based on ratio.

So yes, we are trying to come up with a good solution (it wont be perfect, nothing ever is) but it has to be better than no ratio at all, and just a ratio system.

Swift
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
is this about trading or about BCG ? Get back on track....Yes Close this see what happens I'm sure that most of the usual traders will move to another place thats open for trading .

Another thing that should dissapear with the trading section is the "level's"

stoi
02-25-2009, 01:28 PM
How is it about BCG, its about trading if you read all the posts, idiot (and i dont give a shite if i get another infraction, some members on here are just fucking wankers)

Swift
02-25-2009, 01:30 PM
invite tree system(bring 3 good users,if they become powers users,you get 75 gb upload)we had that

still have it actually, just not everyone has referrals.

We also have the Sp system, all you have to do is seed, even if there is no leechers on a torrent, you can get a 1:1 ratio on that torrent.

we have done away with PU and SPU now as well, so nothing is based on ratio.

So yes, we are trying to come up with a good solution (it wont be perfect, nothing ever is) but it has to be better than no ratio at all, and just a ratio system.

Then whats this about isn't it about BCG ?:frusty:

Chill out

stoi
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
well he is saying what we should do, i was replying that is what we do and we still get wankers.

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
well he is saying what we should do, i was replying that is what we do and we still get wankers.
Stoi everytime there's a discussion about Bcg and someone confronts you, you always resort to calling them wankers etc.. Maybe you shouldn't spend this much time here if you dislike the userbase so much.
It's understandable that you were replying to shalafi's post and it wasn't you who took the topic off track, but you also have to understand that this is a delicate topic and you can't blame most members for wanting to stick to the "Do you think Fst should get rid of the Trading Section" discussion.

stoi
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Well maybe i should do as you say.

Where are the staff from all the other trackers in this thread, non existent, so maybe i should take a leaf out of their book and just stay the fuck away from this place.

no other tracker gives a shit about it, so why should I.

Stranger99
02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes please get rid of it.Yes please get rid of it.Yes please get rid of it.

But i don't think FST will be as much popular then :?

Well maybe i should do as you say.

Where are the staff from all the other trackers in this thread, non existent, so maybe i should take a leaf out of their book and just stay the fuck away from this place.

No offence,this guy is always flaunting arrogance,i think he is bcg-owner right :huh:

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree. And the funny thing is that you can't blame them for not giving a shit.
I mean, when you have staff playing games and acting like they dislike trading and are thinking about getting rid of the trading section, and then end up locking the thread and forgetting that a huge discussion even took place...Then how do you expect anyone to take Fst seriously.

Cmon now. There are other ways and topics to get the activity going in here. There's no need to open up such a thread. Trading has been discussed many times and we all know everyone's POV already. Matter fact in the last "Should we remove the trading section POLL" thread everything was discussed. There was no need for this one(unless you really are thinking about removing the trading section which i seriously doubt).

stoi
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
arrogance lol

whatever

and yes i am BCG owner, what of it?

kaffeine
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Voted yes. This would be a better place if it didn't incite people into breaking other sites' rules. However...

prediciton: no matter what the outcome of this poll is - nothing will change ...

UnGodly
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
i don't trade but this forum is known as the main place for traders thruout the bittorrent community so it would make little sense to get rid of it

unknown_error
02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
erm yes :happy:

im quite new to this site and im quite new to private trackers :unsure:
i got accounts on some trackers but never mentioned that they would close their invitation anywhen or kick me or something like that... so i though always tried to do what rules tell me to do :ermm:

and ive been an strong leecher/upper in sft communities ... also leeched a while in xdcc and others ...
so my fav was always in searching and getting.
Got no matter for me: torrent/sft/filehoster/dcc/newsgroup :dabs:

but what i was always searching for... TOPLISTS!!! all day in and out

and i found out these communities i found in toplists (even if they were baords/pages/fastklickers) all of EM liked to be known, used, and to be in great demand!

now i entered :fst: and on my first view... i liked it!
you guys do all the things for people like me ... you tell me whats the best tracker for music/videos/software everything i like. you tell me how much user each of them got, you tell me what about fileamount, and and and...
So i thought in my opinion I want this one, and this , and a bit of this...

but fastly found out: they dont want me ^^
this propagation thing is what the most bittorrent site staffs dont dont dont dont dont want... (excluding BCG :yup: ) !!to be popular!!

but who cares :fst: none of you, you populate them anyway ...
so if im on the right track... :shutup:

whats the problem on trading and breaking another rule with it ?

//edit
sry 4 my bit strange sounding english ^^

stoi
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
but fastly found out: they dont want me ^^
this propagation thing is what the most bittorrent site staffs dont dont dont dont dont want... (excluding BCG ) !!to be popular!!

I am not sure what exactly that means lol

but the reason i post here, and yes, sometimes my opinions are a bit, hmm how can i put this, outspoken, is to believe it or not, try to educate/get our points across to yes, the noobs before they get drawn into the, Must trade to get what you want attitude, FST says its ok to trade, so it must be OK to trade etc etc

I try to speak for most trackers, in other words, not just mine, obviously some trackers do not agree with my points, but i do try to not be about BCG all the bloody time. It tends to be others that bring BCG into threads, because i am the owner of BCG, so they just automatically associate me with BCG, when my general point is all or at least some trackers out there, not just BCG.

This is why i get pissed off, just because i am posting something about trading, does not mean i am just talking about BCG, but it sems to always come back that way and haunt me.

Most tracker staff hate this place with a passion, at least i am here trying, but by the looks of it, most members would prefer all tracker staff to stay the fuck away from here, and not get involved at all.

fine, whatever, but we cant win, if i just leave now, ppl that do want help will say how can i get in touch with BCG staff, only way will be via our IRC, at least i give them an extra branch to contact (or hit) us with lol

Do i want us on the WTAW, NO, Do i want to be popular, NO, do i care what people think about BCG, Not really, do i care what other trackers do or think, Definitely not, as in it wont sway my decision at all what they say. all i want is a good site for the members that are part of it, not a good site that members are clamouring to get into and will sell their right testicle to get in.

but whatever we do we cant win, any tracker I mean, and yes it does piss me off, it would you as well if you ran a tracker, all we ask is one thing, seed back what you take and most cant even do that, never mind the trading etc on top of it.

rockaa
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
If you dont want to trade, ignore it?.

I don't see why everyone bothers to, explain why to or not to... When its a thread for it self, if you dont click into it, you wont see it.

It isnt that hard.

Swift
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Delete it already the traders voted 30 times and no one came and say a solid reason to keep that place.

hagckz0r
02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
My humble opinion is that if the trade section dissapears, many users would turn into ass-lickers, you know just how to get into some trackers. Nothing more disguisting... I voted for No.
I am kind of indifferent anyway.. good luck Chuck !

LJ.
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes please get rid of it.

sportyloves
02-25-2009, 04:29 PM
@ shalafi :
Why dont you show the names on the poll to see who voted yes and no?While we're at it, why not tell us all your aliases.

PS: I agree with you entirely stoi,,,and yes you do know me :-D, very well in fact.....

Tokeman
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Delete it already the traders voted 30 times and no one came and say a solid reason to keep that place.

Keeps FST's traffic up :rolleyes:

no_bother
02-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I feel that giveaways are enough of a push on trackers rules. Trading is a direct breach of the rules and shouldnt be allowed IMO. It would also get rid of people being hunted down on this site. There are plenty of other trading forums around, but FST is fun, lets make it funn.....(er)

EDIT:
does this include the VTG?

rockaa
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
If you look closely into the trader section, the thing that makes it worst is the lvl'ing that has been done to the trackers. We all know is against rules of any tracker to trade invites and mostly giving away in public too.
However, giving the traders recognition of which invites are worth what and how cool they are through there invites, is just silly and it cant be explain by any argument imo.

You can see that mostly of the threads done now, is to get higher level trackers, none is because they need the tracker or have something to participate with.
Foremore is making people become collectors, which is worse. They only trade to make their portfolio of invite bigger and higher!

Gheyness
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Keep the invite section so I can be ub3r cool and scam people with promises of ScT!! :D

sportyloves
02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I forgot,,,I voted get rid of it.

@stoi, you're getting upset mate, we've talk about this before,,,you made your points, good point at that, don't let them wear you down....

redMonster
02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
edited. delete this.

CaptanAmerica
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
im not a trader. but wait, i would think that im not a trader cuz ive not ever trade... lemme think moar abt it. mb i just ddnt trade cuz noone offered to me good deal. demonoid for ftn for example, lol

so im not a trader but im not against trading, i rly dont see any bad in it. many members think that trader is equal to a scammer/cheater, but what trackers are looking for? good mambers i think. so what would be better for trackers: to take some new users even tho trading and then ban 90% of em and stay with small but good part of it, or just ban hole countries and dont care about new members at all? if they really looking for that they are speaking, then i suppose that trading shd not be a big problem for em

more then that, im not a special i guess, but those 90% of ppl that i know in bt world that traded ever are nuff smart and very clever. also those 90% of em are seem like targets to be banned for tracker kings. i think everyone has his own point of view and from that point everyone can be right. from a part we all r right

for the last, does this poll change smth? if no, then dont read my post, ull waste ur time, but if u did i dont care :pinch:

voted for no

Cabalo
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
whatever the outcome of this thread will be, nothing significant will change, so i won't go very deep in the discussion here, as it's mostly useless and a waste of time. :idunno:

but i will go through a somewhat different approach on this one, why particularly here it is allowed.
Let's look at the forum's footer. wow... i've never noticed that before. :huh: what are those sites for ? :shifty: :shifty:

Talkgold (http://www.talkgold.com/forum) - Sexy Pictures (http://www.randomimage.us/) - Money E-Books (http://www.talkgold.com/make_money_ebooks.html) - Web-Life Forum (http://www.web-life.org/vb) - Wallpapers for Zunes (http://www.wallpapersforzune.com/) hmmm, maybe this is a part of a group of forums, but weirdly i don't see at those forums references to FST. :shifty:
hmmmm... lots of advertising at those places. i wonder if... no... it must be a coincidence that nearly all of those sites talk about money on the internet, etc etc... just take a deeper look, not a 2 minutes one.

in the last year or so, we've been through some changes, many might not have noticed. One of them is that now non-registered users can access all the board. especially that trading section that was forbidden back on my join date.
this generates a lot more hits, with external redirects for example, or banner impressions as the advertisers call it. :shifty:

so, here comes the rhetorical question: if you owned a forum (don't mistake that with "administrate"), that you nearly never visit at all lately, therefore having mostly no concerns about its health, what would be the only thing you would want out of it?

and why would you bother if some of your users, and maybe some of your staffers, disagreed on a policy that mostly is all you care about your forum and its existance?

imo there's nothing else to see at this thread people. move along.
thanks to those who bothered to read this post amongst a thread like this.

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
^Boom..Headshot. There you go. How can you get rid of the main attractor when it can hurt your budget, userbase and forums activity?! Great point.

Now I want to see what the staffers have to say about this.

cinephilia
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Albo Da Kid
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
because you're peoples only hope for getting into BCG without users having that opportunity they will go through great lengths to get an account. Trust me people will do anything
Killercam did I show you that pic when I made that guy take a pic infront of a pink mirror with a note on his hand asking for a Bcg invite ?? lol i hope I still have that pics in my laptop.

It really is funny though how far some will go for an invite.

ghurka
02-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Get rid of the trading and it can only be a win-win situation....for FST and the trackers. A lot of the traders here really don't contribute anything meaningful to the site so I can't see why we need them.

Can't see this happening though unless most of the staff suddenly have a change of heart.

soulreaper
02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Looking at this from FST's point of view, if the trading section has been there for all these years there must be a good reason for it. It leads me to believe that FST majorly benefits from it. And if it does then I don't see why they should remove it, because the staff would do what's best for their site,just as torrent site owners do what's best for theirs.

It's important to recognise the fact that the torrent forums are only a part of FST which is a massive site in totality,quite possible the torrent sections generate a lot of traffic but it doesn't fully constitute this place.
I don't see why FST is obligated to follow tracker site rules and they really don't have to , I suspect it's out of sheer goodwill that they cooperate with certain tracker staff.
What I find puzzling is that a year or two ago trading wasn't considered bad at all,infact it was done very openly and even hailed as good.
Fast forward to right now ,its a cardinal sin to trade. There is such a paradigm shift with this whole anti-trading phenomenon being the new cool.

Let's consider this for instance:- FST somehow feels pressured by tracker admins or for the greater good of private trackers remove the trading section. Staff are merry,anti-traders are merry.

Next,the trackers staff somehow influence FST(or FST grows a conscience) to remove "public giveaways"(Remember public giveaways is frowned upon too and is against most private trackers rules) and so its removed.

Finally, tracker staff think that filling their site's invite requests at a public forum as big as this is somehow harmful to their site and that torrent tracker invites should only be "distributed" at torrent sites. So they pressure FST to ban that too. Now you have the entire invite section completely wiped out. I wonder how much FST would lose out of this,MASSIVE probably? A negative cascading effect of epic proportions?

And I haven't even started with the beaten-to-death argument of whether trading is bad or not..

Irisheyes
02-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I voted yes to closing the trader forums and to the vtg

Stoi I back you up 100% I have never traded and yet I a years time I am on all the sites I need to be on. Its called investing time and getting to know folks a bit. (the old fashion way of things networking) No I am not on BCG because I don't do gaming I do do movies tv and programs/applications and music. Specifically Flac rips.

As for security trading can be one of the major hindrance to having a secure site. You can not 100% be sure of anyone who you give an invite to but in trading you can't be sure even 25% who you trade with is a good user and not a cheat.

sportyloves
02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
In my opinion any one wanting to trade must have something to hide, like irisheyes said, I rather take my time, get the site staff to get to know me better before I even attempt to join it,,
And before any wise cracks, yeah I am well known, not with that nick, agree, but never the less. :-D

ghurka
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
What I find puzzling is that a year or two ago trading wasn't considered bad at all,infact it was done very openly and even hailed as good. I don't think that is quite true. Trading has always been frowned upon although some trackers have turned a blind eye to invite trading. Account trading has always been frowned upon and two years ago was not so prevalent. Since then access to seedboxes has become easier enabling traders to buffer the accounts to trade them on.

Getting rid of just account trading would be a step in the right direction.

CaliPirate
02-25-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't see a problem with it

Mano
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
keep it

hoodeh
02-25-2009, 08:23 PM
If we get rid of the trading section, let me tell you trading will get WORSE.
Traders will always find places to trade, but without a trading section here, we won't be able to tell who's a trader and who isn't.
That means alot more traders will get invites from the Giveaway/Request section and go trade them in other forums.

To all the anti traders and people that voted yes, get this :
We need the trading section to know who not to trust!!

And like Cabalo said, there is no way it will be deleted since it attracts users and generates ad money for the site.
The trading section will stay, and that's a good thing.

H.

Lew
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
get rid of the trading section please :)

02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
get rid of it for the feckin win

pro267
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
I voted yes and I'm absolutely certain FST will act according to the results of this poll.

Lew
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I voted yes and I'm absolutely certain FST will act according to the results of this poll.
I think so too ;)

respawn40
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, most definitely. Let traders take their business elsewhere.

central2rbay
02-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Think removing that section would be one step forward for FST and its reputation. While I understand why traders do what they do, and freedom of choice within the community is a wonderful freedom as well, but I think to bring FST's name brand onward and upward... it has to remove a "less respected" component (by the tracker community that is).

Interesting thread though - great question - and glad to see our users have a say. Both traders and non should be able to voice opinions like this ;)

Thanks,

Swanky
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Seriously, let it stay.

Yes traders are violating tracker rules blah blah blah. They also pay the consequence for their actions by getting shit on and banned left and right.

Love em or hate them, traders consists of a large portion of the bittorent community. Eliminating this section will decrease this site's traffic and members.

If the poll results are the basis of the eventual outcome then that's sad. Everyone knows that traders barely read the lounge. Also, there's way more anti-traders and people that cannot think for themselves (I.E:noobs) that will of course choose option 1.

You may all proceed to flame me and this post now.

The_Martinator
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Seriously, let it stay.

Yes traders are violating tracker rules blah blah blah. They also pay the consequence for their actions by getting shit on and banned left and right.

Love em or hate them, traders consists of a large portion of the bittorent community. Eliminating this section will decrease this site's traffic and members.

If the poll results are the basis of the eventual outcome then that's sad. Everyone knows that traders barely read the lounge. Also, there's way more anti-traders and people that cannot think for themselves (I.E:noobs) that will of course choose option 1.

You may all proceed to flame me and this post now.
Lol, maybe I will flame you. :D

No seriously, think about it. If trading suddenly isn't allowed anywhere and traders are a large portion of the bittorrent community, won't then trackers allow trading? After all, don't tracker rely on users donating?

Just a thought, a crazy one, but still.
No way will closing the trade section here kill trading. It will stun it, though, lol.

BeckS
02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
I voted yes, but ... how will we spot traders afterwards.
Bet they will take invites from here and trade them someplace else.

Spillage
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I voted NO .

A major feature of FST for me, is laughing at the content of the BitTorrent section . The unbridled begging / scamming / flaming / overly pious condemnations & the general tone of squalid rancidness, make's I chortle .
I'd miss it, or maybe not .

puckface
02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I see no reason to get rid of it. Just because some people don't like it? If you don't like it, don't go there.

Also, if you get rid of it... it will be hypocritical to not get rid of the giveaway section as well, you really cant have it both ways.

Detale
02-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Well yes we can. I would say leave the giveaway section as one has nothing to do with the other.

puckface
02-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Well yes we can. I would say leave the giveaway section as one has nothing to do with the other.

Obviously you can do what you want, youre obviously the king.

What I am saying is that people are crying out to get rid of teh trade section because it breaks tracker rules and is a danger to the trackers. Well, if you look on those same rules of every tracker there will be a rule to the effect of: do not give invites to people you do not know. Well, guess what, the invite section is breaking tracker rules and is endangering trackers.

Like I said hypocritical.

pro267
02-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Well, guess what, the invite section is breaking tracker rules and is endangering trackers.

I agree, but look at it this way:

Staff is obviously trying to make a change here, one that many seem to believe is the right one for FST. It may not be the complete solution, but it's definitely a step in the right direction towards improving relations between FST and the BT community. I also believe that in the long run, this site is going to benefit from it.

You know what the say: "Rome wasn't built in a day". If every initiative for change gets knocked down then you end up in a state of stagnation. I say let's start with this and go from there.

Zaxx
02-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Considering the size and activity of the trade forum vs the GA/Req forum...I think it's fairly obvious that FST would be just fine without that bit of traffic that the trade forum may bring. Imo...most people grow out of trading before long, esp once they get an account on the trackers they want anyway.

Me thinks things would be just fine w/o a trade section... :yup:

apollooff320
02-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Well, guess what, the invite section is breaking tracker rules and is endangering trackers.

I agree, but look at it this way:

Staff is obviously trying to make a change here, one that many seem to believe is the right one for FST. It may not be the complete solution, but it's definitely a step in the right direction towards improving relations between FST and the BT community. I also believe that in the long run, this site is going to benefit from it.

You know what the say: "Rome wasn't built in a day". If every initiative for change gets knocked down then you end up in a state of stagnation. I say let's start with this and go from there.

how will this site benifit from it? These tracker sites can get taken down at anytime and FST will always be here. Many of you wouldn't have your accounts you have now if it wasn't for these trades. Now that ppl got into the sites they want they think trading is a bad thing. Also LOL at FST improving relations between the BT community. FST is the BT community if you get what I mean.

E3DaMeX
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Haha, funny question. My answer is definitely yes. xD

Dr_Green_Thumb
02-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah close it
but the traders will just go to another website and trade there so I don't think it would make a difference

Adama
02-26-2009, 04:08 AM
it's simple
a trader stays in the trade section
an anti trader stay in the giveaway section
a non trader stays in both and trade by pm
and every one win
and if you get red of it i think it's not fair for traders lol
cause this is a public forum and has nothing to do with trackers rules
and as far as i know fst has no rule against trading

pone44
02-26-2009, 04:09 AM
True, as said. Unfortunately that will not stop trading as they will scatter to some other forum-site.The majority here (so the vote reads also) probably would love to see the trade section go. Is up to the Staff of course.
It would ease things a bit here i would think.? A step in the right direction.

Yeah close it
but the traders will just go to another website and trade there so I don't think it would make a difference

hoodeh
02-26-2009, 04:29 AM
If we get rid of the trading section, let me tell you trading will get WORSE.
Traders will always find places to trade, but without a trading section here, we won't be able to tell who's a trader and who isn't.
That means alot more traders will get invites from the Giveaway/Request section and go trade them in other forums.

To all the anti traders and people that voted yes, get this :
We need the trading section to know who not to trust!!

And like Cabalo said, there is no way it will be deleted since it attracts users and generates ad money for the site.
The trading section will stay, and that's a good thing.

H.

Anyone disagree? No? So this is settled then? :rolleyes:

killercam101
02-26-2009, 04:36 AM
majority voted yes to rid it and nothing will happen and so the cycle continues...round of applause to all those who participated... next poll Do you think FST looks fat in this dress? :frusty:

http://tinyurl.com/blubns

Sanka113
02-26-2009, 05:00 AM
So far it looks like most people have voted in favor of giving the trading section the boot. I guess the guys with sever dupe accounts haven't voted yet.

On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it. Both would be deemed irrelevant without the trading section. People should know who's who in terms of who's a good member based on their post history and personal interaction with that person.

Albo Da Kid
02-26-2009, 05:08 AM
On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it.
Yea oooooook... what are you trying to do light a fire and burn us all?? Without those 2 Fst is done

I think we should all take killercam's advice... and create a"Do you think FST looks fat in this dress?" poll

Cabalo
02-26-2009, 05:13 AM
So far it looks like most people have voted in favor of giving the trading section the boot. I guess the guys with sever dupe accounts haven't voted yet.

On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it. Both would be deemed irrelevant without the trading section. People should know who's who in terms of who's a good member based on their post history and personal interaction with that person.
IF it ever goes down, a reputation system could continue being used here, because members would still invite people, be helpful, etc...
and, though erasing the WTAW thread would make sense, because no trading would take place, it is already too late to avoid the consequences that came with it, as it as been duped at many sites.
maybe a content ranked one would make entirely sense.

one reminder to all those that advocate the extinction of the trading zone: just saying "trading is bad mmmkay" is pretty worthless, unless changes are suggested.
another question would arise then, what would be the role of the comm reps, of the bt rep, what would be the stance against those who come here snitch on users that do public giveaways, would this forum then be considered an anti-trader haven, and hunters be sheltered, etc etc etc.

changing the status quo here requires a lot of thought, it's not just go to a control panel and untick the trading section as visible. what about the hidden sections, would they still make sense?

there are so many questions which have to be put, that in my opinion only getting answers beforehand could make this transition happen.
if this discussion had took place prior to this poll, and conclusions reached, i'm pretty sure that its weight on the decisions of the higher ups would be much bigger. but that's something that only those trusted members of this community can voice. :whistling

just my 2 cents.

puckface
02-26-2009, 06:45 AM
True, as said. Unfortunately that will not stop trading as they will scatter to some other forum-site.The majority here (so the vote reads also) probably would love to see the trade section go. Is up to the Staff of course.
It would ease things a bit here i would think.? A step in the right direction.

Yeah close it

Yeah I'm just against closing it here since I have been here for quite a while and have put in time here, some good some bad, but I know someone has a site set up already just in case they close it here for all the refugees.

It wont solve anything, they will move, which I guess is cool.

Disme
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
I say yes to abolish the trading-section, but I also with puckface...what will happen when the trading section get closed.
I think they will just move on to another board. Off course it will make FST a 'better' place, but it won't solve the trading-issues, because new people will start trading-boards. So yes, abolish it on FST, but don't expect trading to stop when this gets done.

Second, indeed the revenues mainly come from these sections so as long as this is the case they won't be closed.

What's really needed is a huge mentality-change in the BT-population, where it becomes clear trading isn't the way to go.

Detale
02-26-2009, 07:18 AM

I have no intention to try and remove the WTAW thread as I don't see any harm in it. The "hidden sections" aren't really hidden. There is a staff section and a VTG that is just so dead it's sad and we're looking to do something about it soon. The Community reps could stay in fact I would like to have more of them and I believe I could even get some of them to hold giveaways here. I think that if we ever did remove the trade section that by having more site staff around that would attract far more members then the ones who are die hard traders that would leave.

This is not all about making nice with trackers. The fact is some trackers as a whole will never be OK with anything other than ALL their demands being met. These people I have no time for. I don't blame them or us for the feuds that arise it's the members of BT as a whole. The old members don't take care of the new ones, it's that simple. New uber sites open up and spit on you if you arent 1337 enough. BT as a whole has gone down the tubes as of late. I think that it would be good for FST to teach people that there is a better way by removing the trade section and go back to members helping other members like it was when I first got here.

Yes as most of you know I did trade when I first started, but it wasn't nearly the blasphemy it is today. None of the accts I currentlly have were from a trade. They all eventually get picked up as a trade and get banned. I was given or signed up for all the accts I have due to making friends and people just being nice. I miss that FST and I do hope one day it will go back to that.

pro267
02-26-2009, 07:38 AM
how will this site benifit from it?
FST will definitely benefit from having good relations with the community. The source of dispute between FST and the private trackers is that the trackers feel that FST is a tool that increases their exposure and endangers their staff and members by allowing uncontrolled access to their sites. This had created a huge enemosity towards FST among staffers, some of which will even ban you for the sole reason of being a member here, because they feel with the current state of affairs any member of FST may be a potential threat to their site's security. If FST is more inclined to help the sites keep their privacy, then I'm sure many sites will be more inclined to have comreps here, which will inevitably use this site as a platform to choose members to their sites in a controlled manner.

These tracker sites can get taken down at anytime and FST will always be here. Many of you wouldn't have your accounts you have now if it wasn't for these trades. Now that ppl got into the sites they want they think trading is a bad thing. Also LOL at FST improving relations between the BT community. FST is the BT community if you get what I mean.
No, I actually don't. Do enlighten me please.

unknown_error
02-26-2009, 07:42 AM
If you look closely into the trader section, the thing that makes it worst is the lvl'ing that has been done to the trackers. We all know is against rules of any tracker to trade invites and mostly giving away in public too.
However, giving the traders recognition of which invites are worth what and how cool they are through there invites, is just silly and it cant be explain by any argument imo.

You can see that mostly of the threads done now, is to get higher level trackers, none is because they need the tracker or have something to participate with.
Foremore is making people become collectors, which is worse. They only trade to make their portfolio of invite bigger and higher!

you got the point :shifty:
i absolutely agree!

harshytkage
02-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Get rid of it...

02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
only one word : YES

MadIrish
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes it should, it would help make this site a better place. Simple as that really.

However, enforcing a real removal of trading from fst would be fun. Removing trades while maintaining giveaways/requests may just drive its adherents into the other in a different guise.

I have no intention to try and remove the WTAW thread as I don't see any harm in it. The "hidden sections" aren't really hidden. There is a staff section and a VTG that is just so dead it's sad and we're looking to do something about it soon. The Community reps could stay in fact I would like to have more of them and I believe I could even get some of them to hold giveaways here. I think that if we ever did remove the trade section that by having more site staff around that would attract far more members then the ones who are die hard traders that would leave.

This is not all about making nice with trackers. The fact is some trackers as a whole will never be OK with anything other than ALL their demands being met. These people I have no time for. I don't blame them or us for the feuds that arise it's the members of BT as a whole. The old members don't take care of the new ones, it's that simple. New uber sites open up and spit on you if you arent 1337 enough. BT as a whole has gone down the tubes as of late. I think that it would be good for FST to teach people that there is a better way by removing the trade section and go back to members helping other members like it was when I first got here.

Yes as most of you know I did trade when I first started, but it wasn't nearly the blasphemy it is today. None of the accts I currentlly have were from a trade. They all eventually get picked up as a trade and get banned. I was given or signed up for all the accts I have due to making friends and people just being nice. I miss that FST and I do hope one day it will go back to that.

Has BT changed too much for that really to be possible now? I hope it hasn't, but I fear it has. The whole thing is just very cynical now.

Or maybe that's just me :(

ban
02-26-2009, 11:33 AM
no , i think is nothing wrong if ppl want to trade trackers ,the real problem and the reason i don`t like to trade is that a lots (not all) of trader are collectors ,make more acc/trackers and make fake to buffer those accounts so they can trade , i think these are people who need to get rid not the trade section or every trade
and anyway if you remove the trade section they will become "anti-trader"

spark
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes please get rid of THEM.

Patriot foreve
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
There are really some funny comments in here as (Trading is illegal),That's sentence made me laugh alot today because Piracy is illegal are we are doing it ,torrent sites are illegal and they exist so can you say that trading is illegal while you do everything illegal?

what will happen when the section is closed that we will get an influx of ass kissers/lickers and beggars in the giveaway section besides that most torrent trackers don't allow their invites to be givenaway in public forums such as fst and others so how will u solve that issues?

Removing Trading section or banning traders or such things which will arise in the future is same like dictator's decisions to ban other political parties in the country ,Traders are a large group and should be represented ,may be their ideas don't like some and no one is forced to follow that path or ideas if it don't suit them

By Removing the trading section there will be no balance in here and there will be only the ass kissing section so i vote no

Albo Da Kid
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
By Removing the trading section there will be no balance in here and there will be only the ass kissing section so i vote no
Then why don't we do a test on it. Lock the trading section for 2 months or so and lets see how the situation changes. That's the only way to find out.

You can predict all you want but we'll only be sure when we see it with our own eyes.

What do you say mods? At least lock it for a few weeks

Shalafi
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Then why don't we do a test on it. Lock the trading section for 2 months or so and lets see how the situation changes. That's the only way to find out.

You can predict all you want but we'll only be sure when we see it with our own eyes.

What do you say mods? At least lock it for a few weeks

I advice you to listen this band.Oldies are so popular nowadays.

http://www.velvethammerproductions.com/usrimage/satisfied%20cover.jpg

(I)
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
OK, I know I may start flaming, but will try to keep it good

Well, I am not trader, never traded, and like to respect my nick name and my accounts

But I voted No, yes I don't mind FST keep the trade forum
FST is to helpful because it collect all other sites staff in one place, you meet any problem you come here, to rest your password, or to know the irc channel

It's huge torrent database we all need

This db needs trading forum, because lots of users visit the site = ads = money = fst keep going
FST must be neutral, no need to obey others rules, it would be bad id fst for example stand against p2l, selling invites, that means for example TL &/or sct staff won't be here (if we supposed that tl is p2l, sct sell invites)

If TL & sct staff weren't here then, fst is just another forum, no thing special

I am pretty sure that Detale will never close the section because he knows that it's fst end if he did

As antitrader, I just remember what stoi said

They have the right to trade, and we have the right to ban them if caughted

Fair

Edit:
P.S. I even against giving away invites for free, for people you never seen, just to collect reps, but that doesn't mean we should close ga section which means close fst too
I

stoi
02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
They have the right to trade, and we have the right to ban them if caughted

i must have been drunk lol

IMO, i would rather you got rid of the WTAW and kept the trading section, than get rid of the trading section, and keep the WTAW.

It puts small trackers on a pedestal, that in turn compromise their security.

What i would suggest is.

Only allow invite trading, stop account trading altogether, invite trading i am not that bothered about, OK i am but not as much as account trades, i believe that if you get into a tracker, you should work from the bottom up and proove yourself, not get an account that someone else has worked at, and be top of the tree so to speak.

and i dont see the point of the WTAW like i said in a previous post.

I know trading is wrong, but why stop them trading an invite for a lvl 9 with a lvl 4 if both parties want into those trackers, but that thread says you cant do that and if you try, you will be a laughing stock, its pointless, surely its up to them what they want to trade, or what they want to try to trade.

cinephilia
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I voted No, yes I don't mind FST keep the trade forum

As antitrader, I just remember what stoi said
there's a difference between 'non trader' and 'anti trader'... claiming to be an 'anti trader' imply that you do mind if FST keep the trade section running...

(I)
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
lol, I just overwhelmed a little rofl
Honestly I think most bt staff won't bother visiting fst regularly w/o those ga, trade forums

stoi
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Honestly I think most bt staff won't bother visiting fst regularly w/o those ga, trade forums

but most BT staff just come here to catch those doing it, they dont actually take part in FST, so whats the difference?

Serb
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
ok lets trade BCG invites to some anti piracy organisation as stoi don't mind ;)
we give invite to anti piracy organisation and they give us nice money thats an good offer and stoi don't mind that we traded his site invites to anti piracy organisation ^^
lol

stoi
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
they probably dont need one, they are more than likely already in, same with 99% of trackers out there.

cinephilia
02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke39g.jpg

stoi
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
tbh i am probably one of the most lenient on this, of all trackers.

if you do it and we catch you, you get banned, but if i see you do it, i am not going to go chasing you all over the net to find out who you are.

so there is a chance you can get away with it, a lot of other trackers are a hell of a lot more strict than i am, they will hunt you down till the ends of the earth to find you.

but again, i dont want this to go offtrack to BCG again, which always seems to happen, this is about FST and their trade section.

sportyloves
02-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Hmm I'm against any kind of trading, invites or accounts, IMO if you want to get into a site then proof that you are a good user and that's when you get offered an invite, not trading it with someone you don't know anything about.
OK let's look at it this way, you're a member of a good site, where they gave you some invites for being a good member, you want to get in a site where someone has some invites for, you don't know the guy but still you're going to risk your account just because you want in that other site, if you where/is a good member of a site then eventually you'll get an invite without having to trade for it.
The thing you should be thinking about with trading etc it puts a load of work on the staff and by doing so it puts other members accounts at risk, time spend looking for traders etc is time lost trying to improve the site, security wise etc.
so before you go saying there is nothing wrong with trading, think again,

Detale
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
To be clear this is not something I can just do. in fact it takes a whole lot more access than I have. I just wanted to see where the members stood on it. If it was something a large majority wanted I could bring it up and see.

Polarbear
02-26-2009, 06:45 PM
To be clear this is not something I can just do. in fact it takes a whole lot more access than I have. I just wanted to see where the members stood on it. If it was something a large majority wanted I could bring it up and see.

anyone who expected something else doesn't know fst ;)

Albo Da Kid
02-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I just wanted to see where the members stood on it.
Really detale?? you sure it wasn't to get some kind of activity going on in fst lol?

Detale
02-26-2009, 07:30 PM
No that was just a perk ;)

DarkLured
02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I think it might be good to get rid of the trading section. Even though I have traded occasionally, trading invites is not *that* important to me - and if there were no FST trading section I wouldn't even bother to try to trade.

silvertec
02-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I voted for it to go
It will stop a lot of good peeps going down the wrong path and getting banned at trackers.
Would be a good move for FST

aaatoel
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
I voted that the trading section should be removed. Many people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there". I think that it would be a step towards the right direction! :)

IdolEyes787
02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
IMany people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there".

Guilty by association nice.Tyrants everywhere approve.
Not possible that someone couldn't just think that the forums beat the shite out of 99% crap "out there" I suppose .

(I)
02-27-2009, 05:52 AM

Hmm I'm against any kind of trading, invites or accounts, IMO if you want to get into a site then proof that you are a good user and that's when you get offered an invite, not trading it with someone you don't know anything about.
OK let's look at it this way, you're a member of a good site, where they gave you some invites for being a good member, you want to get in a site where someone has some invites for, you don't know the guy but still you're going to risk your account just because you want in that other site, if you where/is a good member of a site then eventually you'll get an invite without having to trade for it.
The thing you should be thinking about with trading etc it puts a load of work on the staff and by doing so it puts other members accounts at risk, time spend looking for traders etc is time lost trying to improve the site, security wise etc.
so before you go saying there is nothing wrong with trading, think again,

You are right when you say it wast lots of staff time
But you are wrong when you say I said nothing wrong with traders
FST can't live without invite forums (both sections)
If a staff doesn't want to waste his time, he can do as BCG, FSC & FTN staff
Come here, help his users, become a community rep, fixed

Col. Skillz
02-27-2009, 06:24 AM
I don't care, that should have probably been an option. I'm sure most people that don't care are going to choose "yes" anyway, since it causes drama

also, i think *************s has a worse rep than this place, but just my opinion.

aaatoel
02-27-2009, 10:05 AM
IMany people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there".

Not possible that someone couldn't just think that the forums beat the shite out of 99% crap "out there" I suppose .

Just my 2 cents mate, I am not offending anyone. But seriously, don't you think that FST has got a bad name in trackers forums etc? I know many people stigmatized just because they are active posters here... :(

Funkin'
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I can't believe someone would actually be hesitant of being active at one site because he is afraid of what another site will think/do to him.

interwebz
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
to be honest it should have been gone a long time ago if you are going off what the majority thinks. the consensus around here for a long time has been that the trading section is a cancer and the types of members it brings are the types of members that drive all the good people away. thats why i dont get this poll, it's been known for a long time around here yet it hasnt moved and i doubt this poll will do anything to change that. i hope this is some sort of poll where the opinions around here are taken seriously but judging from past actions of those in charge here i very much doubt it.

pone44
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I doubt that! Not if they are not trading or breaking that certain trackers rules. No offense meant either but FST is a big part of the members of most BT sites. The trading section is non existent already to some members, most who frequent that section will just take it somewhere else. Seems to show those who chose to do giveaways who NOT to trust with a invite. Also i do think there are FAR worse trading forums, forget a section! Selling invites on certain forums is even worse!

Will never going to be easy to stop all this. They will migrate as all have said and others could put sites at a higher risk? Never know?

Just my 2 cents mate, I am not offending anyone. But seriously, don't you think that FST has got a bad name in trackers forums etc? I know many people stigmatized just because they are active posters here... :(

If they trade, maybe?

The_Martinator
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Then the sites where they are stigmatized aren't very good ones. you're saying some people will assume I'm a trader just cause I post here? Now that's just plain paranoid. you have to take chances on people. I do it every day in RL and here.

EL REY
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Like many, I could care less either way but............I say get rid of it

I once thought it wasn't that serious but changed my view on it after a few friends explain to me why its so bad & I'm in total agreement.

cuck
02-27-2009, 04:28 PM

Swift
02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I think in the first 2-3 days people will make trade request in this section or the giveaway section untill they finally realise that there's no hope and have to leave.

snowprince
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Get rid of it. For a good helping community, trading is definitely not a good thing.

xnugx
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Everybody cries about trading all day, it's the cause of the end of the world... Trading is like murder around here, might as well get rid of it. No point in keeping it. I guess as of now, it seems to me more like a measure of sifting out "bad" users from "good" ones.

Albo Da Kid
02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
This thread is still alive??

If you happen to believe that there is a chance of the trading section being removed, take another look at this post. The best post in this whole thread...

whatever the outcome of this thread will be, nothing significant will change, so i won't go very deep in the discussion here, as it's mostly useless and a waste of time. :idunno:

but i will go through a somewhat different approach on this one, why particularly here it is allowed.
Let's look at the forum's footer. wow... i've never noticed that before. :huh: what are those sites for ? :shifty: :shifty:

Talkgold (http://www.talkgold.com/forum) - Sexy Pictures (http://www.randomimage.us/) - Money E-Books (http://www.talkgold.com/make_money_ebooks.html) - Web-Life Forum (http://www.web-life.org/vb) - Wallpapers for Zunes (http://www.wallpapersforzune.com/) hmmm, maybe this is a part of a group of forums, but weirdly i don't see at those forums references to FST. :shifty:
hmmmm... lots of advertising at those places. i wonder if... no... it must be a coincidence that nearly all of those sites talk about money on the internet, etc etc... just take a deeper look, not a 2 minutes one.

in the last year or so, we've been through some changes, many might not have noticed. One of them is that now non-registered users can access all the board. especially that trading section that was forbidden back on my join date.
this generates a lot more hits, with external redirects for example, or banner impressions as the advertisers call it. :shifty:

so, here comes the rhetorical question: if you owned a forum (don't mistake that with "administrate"), that you nearly never visit at all lately, therefore having mostly no concerns about its health, what would be the only thing you would want out of it?

and why would you bother if some of your users, and maybe some of your staffers, disagreed on a policy that mostly is all you care about your forum and its existance?

Bone.W.Machine
02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Yes, please get rid of the trading section.
I've checked out a few threads in the trading section, and most of the posts the traders do are bumps and listing what they have and what they need.

I don't think the activity on filesharingtalk will drop that much if it was removed, all what would be gone is the endless bumping. :D
In fact I think this place will become even more active if it was removed.

It's a shame that loads of people avoid this place just because some trading is going on here in the bittorrent section.
I bet most members here has never checked out the other sections except for the bittorent one. I suggest everyone to check out the other ones too, and you will see that this place is quite a nice community.

InVari
02-27-2009, 08:49 PM

Roooney
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes, get rid of it. Please. Or atleast try to close it down for a month or so, see what it will do to this forum.

NA_Magus
02-28-2009, 05:20 AM
This thread is still alive??

If you happen to believe that there is a chance of the trading section being removed, take another look at this post. The best post in this whole thread...

hmmm, maybe this is a part of a group of forums, but weirdly i don't see at those forums references to FST. :shifty:

I happen to think that is completely irrelevant. You think traders come here for any other reason than to trade? Almost none of them have a significant post amount outside of the trading section. Besides, don't you think a chunk of these "users" are just alternate accounts after a trade gone wrong? They really don't represent a big portion of the users on the entire site.
Just a thought.

peat moss
02-28-2009, 05:37 AM
I did n't read the whole thread but voted no . Showing the poll is a givin , I'd like to know how certain members voted just for future reference .

I think most members miss the whole point of joining a site like this , you join follow the few rules we have and go nuts .

Its Filesharing plain and simple , who gives a fuck if two people what to share an invite or trade for one . Its not something I like but I'll get over it as should most bed wetters on here . Before this site came about , there was a site called Fosi , do you think he cared who sent a lnk or complained if others got credit ? Nope he just kept hosting his site , got to admire it .

pone44
02-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Traders ,or those that believe in trading. I doubt would vote yes or maybe you are right and they would as they got screwed or something of the sort?

still have to say the majority would probably vote no if this was a real poll to get rid of the trade section. Dupe accounts. I don't know?

Lew
02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
No let it stay!!!

aaatoel
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I think that I was misunderstood. I don't say that everyone who is active poster here is also a trader, that is simply not true. I just say that because of the trading section, this place, has got a bad reputation in many other places, and in trackers' forums among others. I believe that if t got removed, this place would be much better and , that's it! :)

Lew
02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I think that I was misunderstood. I don't say that everyone who is active poster here is also a trader, that is simply not true. I just say that because of the trading section, this place, has got a bad reputation in many other places, and in trackers' forums among others. I believe that if t got removed, this place would be much better and , that's it! :)

why compare this with scl?

aaatoel
02-28-2009, 01:07 PM
When did I compare anything with ScL? :huh:

Lew
02-28-2009, 01:11 PM
scroll up and read your post :snooty:

aaatoel
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I guess that you confused my signature with my post!

02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
isnt it gone yet ? jeeeez

Bone.W.Machine
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM

poll hasn't been closed yet, unless you didn't notice.

02-28-2009, 11:36 PM

poll hasn't been closed yet, unless you didn't notice.
or i didnt care ?

Detale
02-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Watch the spam and you do care or you wouldn't have said. The poll is open for a week I think then it will auto close.

apollooff320
03-01-2009, 03:04 PM
actually I'm going to say no on this. I went to the giveaway section and asked for a Waffles account and didn't get nothing after days. Just PMs to show my ratio from other sites which I did and which is perfect on all sites. May have to go to the trade section just to get a account.

The_Martinator
03-01-2009, 03:06 PM
actually I'm going to say no on this. I went to the giveaway section and asked for a Waffles account and didn't get nothing after days. Just PMs to show my ratio from other sites which I did and which is perfect on all sites. May have to go to the trade section just to get a account.
Maybe you should have asked for an INVITE instead of an ACCOUNT. See the differance?

slymester
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
so you think no trading section = get whatever you ask for?
:rolleyes:

apollooff320
03-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Maybe you should have asked for an INVITE instead of an ACCOUNT. See the differance?

I shouldn't have worded it that way. Didn't see it as ppl thinking I want their account. I just want account but my own. I'm closing that thread and making a new one.

*EDIT* I'm still saying no because it's hard to get a invite when ppl in the reqeust section spam your thread and don't help; hell they purposely seem to do it so you don't get the invite.

Submission
03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I have a better solution, people who dont want to trade should not visit the trade section. All these idiots who are anti-trading do so because in their mind rare trackers will become easier to get.

Banning trading will make all trackers who aren't open signup more rare. Do you really think Sct is going to open signups, start giving away invites because on FST trading is banned? They dont give a shit and their decisions about membership have zero to do with FST.

1000possibleclaws
03-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I got through about one third of this thread in this sitting and so far apextwin's post #27 sums up my opinion of the matter best.

I would not like to see the trading section go because it's a step against the userbase's freedom. I've seen other forums get rid of trading or never allow it at all. If this was implemented in a public forum the integrity of user's would probably get destroyed. Even in private forums user integrity is largely an illusion.

ghurka
03-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I would not like to see the trading section go because it's a step against the userbase's freedom.How about account trading though. Someone, either out of generosity or via a trade, has given an invite to the person trading that account. To me it doesn't really matter how they got that invite. What matters is that it was given for their own personal use and they are abusing that privilege. An account could go through several different traders but ultimately if it is ever traced by the staff the person who gets tarnished the most is the original person who gave the invite. Not exactly fair now is it.

Something Else
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
the integrity of user's

The integrity of user's what?

1000possibleclaws
03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
@ Ghurka: It's a risk, and that should be taken as a given when someone [gives/trades] an [invite/account] to somebody else. At least they will be able to somewhat judge an individual by his post history here. The ideal thing to do would be to conduct exchanges or giveaways with trusted individuals to minimize your potential losses. If we get rid of the trade section here then traders would become anti-trade on this forum (there wouldn't be any beneficial alternative) and then they'd just trade what they get on another forum. This probably happens right now, but I imagine it would escalate if we got rid of trading here.

@ benchez: Integrity as in honesty, and integrity of user's character. I didn't mean their moral integrity on the views of trading; that's another story.

chec
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
for what this section.will you kick trade section, if antitraders win

I dont want answers from members from stuff i need

ben99
03-01-2009, 10:02 PM
this poll is retarded.

As many other users have noted, the result of the poll won't change anything.

1000possibleclaws
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
this poll is retarded.

It's not like the poll suggests anything should change anyways. It's not slanted too much either way. That being said, I wouldn't have expected it to be too slanted and it would take alot of leverage to get rid of an active part of the board.

Bone.W.Machine
03-01-2009, 10:26 PM
this poll is retarded.

A poll is just a poll, and this one is not retarded. :smilie4:

Detale created this poll to see what the members of filesharingtalk think about the trading section.
Not to decide whether to remove it or not regarding the poll results. :lol:
So no big deal really if this poll doesn't change a thing. :turned:

puckface
03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
@ benchez: Integrity as in honesty, and integrity of user's character. I didn't mean their moral integrity on the views of trading; that's another story.

:)

I believe he was trying to be witty about your misplacing the apostrophe in the word users. Useless post as always, I'm not surprised... back to the lounge please

Sorry if you consider this spam, I was just trying to straighten things out.

Submission
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
this poll is retarded.

Detale created this poll to see what the members of filesharingtalk think about the trading section.

No the poll was meant to influence the community not the admins. Give this place a false feeling of consensus.

The fact of the matter is the admins can simply look at the post count in the trade section if they want to know if its dying.

Unless of course they plan on just killing it regardless of its size which is just shooting themselves in the foot. This site became huge because of tracker trading.

Tomtetrollet
03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Well, if you're pleased with the sites you have then of course you would think that the trade section should go but if you're on some low level trackers then you're pretty much bound to trade if you want an invite, or beg, or chat in the forum and make some friends. But as we all know, bonding is hard, especially over the internet.

Trading isn't good for any tracker (as "potentially dangerous" people might get in) but since people rarely give away invites to higher level trackers (which are what we all strive towards) you are (yet again) pretty much bound to trade.

It's too bad that trading is the easiest option, but even if FST would close down the trade section it wouldn't be such a big deal for traders, they would simply find new forums that allows them to trade.

1000possibleclaws
03-01-2009, 10:44 PM

:)

I believe he was trying to be witty about your misplacing the apostrophe in the word users. Useless post as always, I'm not surprised... back to the lounge please

Sorry if you consider this spam, I was just trying to straighten things out.

:whoosh: i skim over stuff so fast i would never have caught that.

Artemis
03-01-2009, 10:58 PM

No the poll was meant to influence the community not the admins. Give this place a false feeling of consensus.

The fact of the matter is the admins can simply look at the post count in the trade section if they want to know if its dying.

Unless of course they plan on just killing it regardless of its size which is just shooting themselves in the foot. This site became huge because of tracker trading.

It is a fantasy that this forum became so huge because of the trading section. In the end from a business point of view it is the page impressions which are important because of the advertising, not who does what here while wearing a pink tutu in the moonlight, the management truly do not care.
You can try to justify trading all you want, the simple fact is that because of trading and the fact that trackers have a level or value attached to them they are being bartered as a commodity. Now with this trade there are also thieves (scammers) wanting to take a/cs because of the value of the tracker. This level also heightens peoples need to acquire to the point where we have invite sales and even bt invite/account auction sites.
Interestingly all the private trackers want is for members to find and invite other members they trust, but even this simple request is too much for some people.
Yet these same people say that they are to be trusted and that there isn't anything really wrong with trading, while there are people here that have 4-5 accounts on the same tracker simply for the buzz of beating the staff, and then there are those here with multiple a/c's to get what they can as fast as they can. There are so many reasons why trading is the thin end of the wedge, it brings about scamming and invite selling because of the value attributed to the trackers.
The same people always try and say that trading and the other scamming etc are separate issues, they are not, they are entwined.Some of the same people who trade are also scammers, even Albo Da Kid admitted proudly that he scammed his first private tracker account.
The question though is whether the trading section here should be removed, and this will make very little difference, the users who trade will simply go elsewhere, it is not like FST is any kind of moral leading light in the bt community. I am against trading, more for the stealing and lying and cheating that it brings with it and the fact that you quite often cannot trust the person you are talking to, simply because of the personal agenda's they have.
In a way it is the people who are satisfied with the tracker a/c's that they have or are there for the people in the community , who are the most trustworthy, simply because they usually have nothing to lie or steal or cheat about.

chec
03-01-2009, 10:59 PM
sorry for this post.

Who wrote, it was not me,just see it.i was not at home night and one guy, f..ked up nearly all of my accounts like this

sorry again

JPaul
03-02-2009, 12:14 AM

It is a fantasy that this forum became so huge because of the trading section. In the end from a business point of view it is the page impressions which are important because of the advertising, not who does what here while wearing a pink tutu in the moonlight, the management truly do not care.
You can try to justify trading all you want, the simple fact is that because of trading and the fact that trackers have a level or value attached to them they are being bartered as a commodity. Now with this trade there are also thieves (scammers) wanting to take a/cs because of the value of the tracker. This level also heightens peoples need to acquire to the point where we have invite sales and even bt invite/account auction sites.
Interestingly all the private trackers want is for members to find and invite other members they trust, but even this simple request is too much for some people.
Yet these same people say that they are to be trusted and that there isn't anything really wrong with trading, while there are people here that have 4-5 accounts on the same tracker simply for the buzz of beating the staff, and then there are those here with multiple a/c's to get what they can as fast as they can. There are so many reasons why trading is the thin end of the wedge, it brings about scamming and invite selling because of the value attributed to the trackers.
The same people always try and say that trading and the other scamming etc are separate issues, they are not, they are entwined.Some of the same people who trade are also scammers, even Albo Da Kid admitted proudly that he scammed his first private tracker account.
The question though is whether the trading section here should be removed, and this will make very little difference, the users who trade will simply go elsewhere, it is not like FST is any kind of moral leading light in the bt community. I am against trading, more for the stealing and lying and cheating that it brings with it and the fact that you quite often cannot trust the person you are talking to, simply because of the personal agenda's they have.
In a way it is the people who are satisfied with the tracker a/c's that they have or are there for the people in the community , who are the most trustworthy, simply because they usually have nothing to lie or steal or cheat about.

And also, it's like stamp collectors. They want to show what they have in their collection. Not because they actually want the thing, just to show it to other stamp collectors. It's pathetic.

Bt was about filesharing. Private trackers were about doing it safely and securely. Trading is about neither, it's about wee laddies with small penises trying to feel good about themselves.

I moved to using Usenet because of pricks like that.

This used to be the best filesharing forum on the internet. People were proud of being a member here. Now it's just a BT trading site and it's embarrassing.

ben99
03-02-2009, 02:01 AM
this poll is retarded.

It's not like the poll suggests anything should change anyways. It's not slanted too much either way. That being said, I wouldn't have expected it to be too slanted and it would take alot of leverage to get rid of an active part of the board.
yea, 2/3rds of the people here dont want a trading section but according to you that's not slanted. Go figure!

For every user that wants trading, 2 people oppose it. When you think of it that way, the poll IS slanted.

puckface
03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
For every user that wants trading, 2 people oppose it. When you think of it that way, the poll IS slanted.

Im gonna edit my shit cause I cant do math.

1000possibleclaws
03-02-2009, 03:58 AM
yea, 2/3rds of the people here dont want a trading section but according to you that's not slanted. Go figure!

It's not a large majority, it's only slightly slanted. It it were say 4 or 5/1 then yes it would be slanted. There's still a huge portion of the userbase that wants to keep it.

Cabalo
03-02-2009, 04:01 AM
c'mon, there are only 300 votes cast in this poll.
with such low % of users voting, whatever the result of the poll is, it'll never be representative of the whole population around here.

ben99
03-02-2009, 04:35 AM
c'mon, there are only 300 votes cast in this poll.
with such low % of users voting, whatever the result of the poll is, it'll never be representative of the whole population around here.
I mean, why would you want to wait until people start using their dupe accounts to vote? :rolleyes:

Ein2015
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM

This is not all about making nice with trackers. The fact is some trackers as a whole will never be OK with anything other than ALL their demands being met. These people I have no time for. I don't blame them or us for the feuds that arise it's the members of BT as a whole. The old members don't take care of the new ones, it's that simple. New uber sites open up and spit on you if you arent 1337 enough. BT as a whole has gone down the tubes as of late. I think that it would be good for FST to teach people that there is a better way by removing the trade section and go back to members helping other members like it was when I first got here.I have to disagree about your viewpoint on the WTAW thread. Arbitrary levels put into the WTAW thread causes a lot of new people to look and see a goal... and that goal is NOT of joining a great BT community, but instead figuring out what leaps they have to make to get into the "top level" ones.

What's kind of funny is that I started out back in the lokitorrent days and then on into elitetorrents. Heck I didn't really think about what communities were worth when I first got invited to a "level 10" (apparently) community. I just did my seeding, enjoyed some forums, etc.

Now I look and see that a lot of people are going NUTS over some "high end" trackers I'm on, and I don't really see the point. Most of those same torrents are hosted on "low end" trackers and communities there are just as fun and vibrant.

To me, the artificial "worth determination" system is doing a lot more harm than good... I love helping members new and old and I enjoy helping communities, but I do not enjoy helping people who only have the desire to hit the "super 1337 uber trackers" they dream about nightly.

Hopefully this can be seen as a respectful opinion of the state of things. I have no intention, desire, or care for offending people with this post.

utalker
03-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I guess it's gone and that's a shame. Because it was the reason I joined this forum.

Bone.W.Machine
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I guess it's gone and that's a shame. Because it was the reason I joined this forum.
it's gone? :lol:
I can still see it.

Funkin'
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM

Staff deleted it because they knew that section was the only reason you registered.

The_Martinator
03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
WTH, what are 30 people viewing atm then.
Has been utalker denied access?

IdolEyes787
03-06-2009, 07:49 PM

He hasn't belonged to the site long enough to meet the requirements for access.
And I guess that's a no vote.

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
FST must close the section. A lot of people are getting banned because of assholes are trading invites.

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
FST must close the section. A lot of people are getting banned because of assholes are trading invites.:blink:

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
FST must close the section. A lot of people are getting banned because of assholes are trading invites.:blink:

Why so surprised? I know a lot of people who lost their accs just because their inviters were traders!

03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
:blink:

Why so surprised? I know a lot of people who lost their accs just because their inviters were traders!

i lost my BCG because a trader (who i wasnt aware was one) invited me there

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM

i lost my BCG because a trader (who i wasnt aware was one) invited me thereShit happens, no can do. :)

03-08-2009, 01:31 PM
i lost my BCG because a trader (who i wasnt aware was one) invited me thereShit happens, no can do. :)

its pretty unfair dont you think ? and wait a second who the fuck are you ? and why do you keep quoting my posts trying to contradict me ?

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Shit happens, no can do. :)

its pretty unfair dont you think ? and wait a second who the fuck are you ? and why do you keep quoting my posts trying to contradict me ?Life is unfair. ;)
I'm BoneWmachine, you can call me Bone if you wish to.
On the last question I don't have an answer. :whistling

03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
its pretty unfair dont you think ? and wait a second who the fuck are you ? and why do you keep quoting my posts trying to contradict me ?Life is unfair. ;)

life isnt unfair , its what you make it. and your annoying me like most Welshmen do

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Life is unfair. ;)

life isnt unfair , its what you make it. and your annoying me like most Welshmen doI'm not welsh, I just like the dragon in the flag. :king:

Sorry for the offtopic, back ontopic now.

I think the trading section should stay as it is a part of filesharingtalk. :whoosh:

black_pearl
03-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I think the trading section should stay as it is a part of filesharingtalk. :whoosh:

Agree... i don't like emo girls, this doesn't mean I want to get rig of them, like forever :dry:

pro267
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
It seems as though the poll results are:

Yes please get rid of it. 208 65.82%
No it should stay where it is. 108 34.18%

Staff wanted to know what are the members' positions on this matter and the members responded with a clear cut result: an overwhelming majority does not want a trading section on FST.

So the question to the staff is simple: are you going to listen to your members and remove the section?

Shalafi
03-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah,They always do. :)

Artemis
03-17-2009, 09:09 AM
65.82% for removal the section as opposed to 34.18% against is a very convincing majority. Especially when you take into account all the dupe a/c's that were used to try and alter the vote as well.......
So are staff going to listen to the members this time ?

The_Martinator
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes, this will be interesting to see.

The staff did make the poll after all.

Skiz
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
So are staff going to listen to the members this time ?

No.

Just like any other site on the Internet, if you don't like it close the window. This particular site has a section which allows members to exchange invites. There are plenty of sites on the web which will suit your agenda which you can participate on if the mood strikes you.

We also aren't going to change the functionality of the board every time the wind changes direction. If you held this poll 2 years ago it would have been 10:1 in favor of trading.

It was for opinion sake. I can assure you it was never with the intent of "final say-so".

harshytkage
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
didn't they already say they wouldn't remove it, i mean, sure trading sucks but like some guy said he doesn't like emo girls but he doesn't say we should get rid of them
and i know this contradicts my earlier post but let's say i succumbed to peer pressure :happy: instead of my own thoughts :lol:

huh?...it took me 2 minutes to write this?? Skizo got here first

Artemis
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
No.

Just like any other site on the Internet, if you don't like it close the window. This particular site has a section which allows members to exchange invites. There are plenty of sites on the web which will suit your agenda which you can participate on if the mood strikes you.

It was for opinion sake. I can assure you it was never with the intent of "final say-so".

Well I don't really have a hard and fast agenda and your comments are fair enough , except the liberal sprinking of fairy dust that is to quote : This particular site has a section which allows members to exchange invites.
Now if that isn't polishing a turd I don't know what is ! :glag: The mosh pit that is the trade section here is far more than that.

If I have an agenda at all, it would be to those who try to justify the cheating lying and scamming that goes on in your 'section to exchange invites' and I will continue to be vocal about that as long as there are those who try and frame it as something respectable.
As for the trade section, have fun, it truly isn't my problem...........

Skiz
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
It's simply calling it what it is. If you want to go into more detail, that's fine; I didn't see the need.

We don't find the section to be a "problem" either. It pretty much runs itself. There is the occasional report for spam or a hostile post but those take mere seconds to fulfill. Cheating and scamming are also rare these days, and I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone attempt to justify them. :huh:

Old_Swift_acct
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
so you gonna delete that section or what ?

Bone.W.Machine
03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
so you gonna delete that section or what ?I don't think so, everything will remain the same. :cool:

Old_Swift_acct
03-17-2009, 10:59 AM
so you gonna delete that section or what ?I don't think so, everything will remain the same. :cool:

no way :cry:

The_Martinator
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Cheating and scamming are also rare these days, and I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone attempt to justify them. :huh:

Lol. Maybe you should allow cheating and scamming and then maybe people would try to justify them.

For instance I'm not gonna justify stealing cause I know that it's against the law. If I start justifying it, people will start thinking that I steal.

Cheating and scamming being rare? I don't know, I don't do it. you do, or what?

sexten
03-17-2009, 05:17 PM
What was the point with this thread/poll when you obviously were not going to remove the trade section no matter what the result would be?

Tokeman
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Obviously to spark a debate, and get the opinions of members. Just because it won't change, doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it.

Villalltheway
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Im not sure whether it would be good if the trade section was deleted, at least with it there is some kind of openess and u can monitor whats going on, if it was taken away it still would not stop trading but just push it more underground.

But like someone said before i dont really care if its here or not, its not like i use it at all anyway so who cares.

Funkin'
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Or maybe Detale was trying to show what the majority of the members think about that section to the staff here that can actually make a change?

Old_Swift_acct
03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
i don't want debates i want actions !

Villalltheway
03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Or maybe Detale was trying to show what the majority of the members think about that section to the staff here that can actually make a change?

Just because the majority of the regular posters in the bt section dont like it dont mean the majority of people registered to this site dont like it. Im pretty sure 99% of the people who sign up here just want to use it for the trade or request section.

deadalive1
03-17-2009, 06:41 PM
If nothing was going to change, then this thread and poll are meaningless.

I'm sure if the majority was swung in the other direction (for trading) then there would be Mods in here pointing out how they were right in keeping the section but since it is not in that direction you get the "it was never going to change anyway" regardless of the poll answer.

So again the question should be...If nothing was going to change then why poll members about it? Especially if it was already "decided" that no matter the results nothing was going to change.

ghurka
03-17-2009, 09:23 PM
This particular site has a section which allows members to exchange invites and accounts.Fixed that for you. Funny how you overlooked the account trading here.

Detale
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
i don't want debates i want actions !

Comments like this are not only moronic but absurd as well. We all want actions, but to simply say it doesn't help either side and only makes you look foolish :dabs:

Yes the idea was to get a "finger on the pulse" of the members and see what they wanted from FST. Mabye some people didn't read the first post here:

I just want to get an idea if the majority of our members think and feel about it.

Pretty straight forward I think.

The_Martinator
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Comments like this are not only moronic but absurd as well. We all want actions, but to simply say it doesn't help either side and only makes you look foolish :dabs:

Yes the idea was to get a "finger on the pulse" of the members and see what they wanted from FST. Mabye some people didn't read the first post here:

Well then you should have made the poll different, something like:
What do you think about the trade section?
-unnecessary
- it's great, it's why I joined

What I'm triying to say is that you're basically asking in the poll if the sections should be removed.

Old_Swift_acct
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM

straight forward would be to actually consider users opinions not to say something and the the oposite

Detale
03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
What I'm triying to say is that you're basically asking in the poll if the sections should be removed.

Yep, and?

Way off topic, your avatar says gotcha, but the guy in the pic would miss if that is where he is firing you know. It'd go over your head. Just sayin'

straight forward would be to actually consider users opinions not to say something and the the oposite

What are you on about? What did I "do different"?

The_Martinator
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
^Oh, why do I even try.... If it's not obvious enough to you what I mean then I can't help you. My native language ain't English, but when I do use it, I like to keep it simple.

I'll change the avatar, sorry.

Edit: Chenged. Hope you like the new usertitle also. :D

Old_Swift_acct
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
nevermind it's no use :D

Bone.W.Machine
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
nevermind it's no use :D
true :happy:

Detale
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow so a little questioning makes you two run off like schoolgirls?? Guess I thought more of you guys. Don't worry they'll grow back ;)

Bone.W.Machine
03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow so a little questioning makes you two run off like schoolgirls?? Guess I thought more of you guys. Don't worry they'll grow back ;)Am I one of the schoolgirls or are you refering to somebody else? :unsure:

The_Martinator
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow so a little questioning makes you two run off like schoolgirls?? Guess I thought more of you guys. Don't worry they'll grow back ;)
You want me to argue with you? I don't see the point in that, that's all. I'm not offended (the avatar change was meant as a joke).

Here are the facts from my POV:
- you're a mod, not me - I think you can ban me
- doesn't matter how good my arguments are, the trade section isn't gonna be removed (sure I can post how trading is bad, but it's been posted by numerous people here, most of which know more than me and/or just know how to tell it better)

Skiz
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
This particular site has a section which allows members to exchange invites and accounts.Fixed that for you. Funny how you overlooked the account trading here.

I didn't overlook anything; it was a generalization of the section, nothing more. I seldom feel the need to point out the obvious.

ghurka
03-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Fixed that for you. Funny how you overlooked the account trading here.

I didn't overlook anything; it was a generalization of the section, nothing more. I seldom feel the need to point out the obvious.Well you pointed out how it started out but it has undergone an unwelcome mutation since then and is no longer simply a place for trading invites.

Given that this thread was really for research purposes rather than for change purposes maybe we should have another poll to find out whether the members here approve of account trading - which is really why the tracker staff think this place is scum city. I recently spotted a thread where some asshole had 53 buffered accounts up for trade....yes 53!!! Now I know that's probably the exception but to allow something like that is just unbelievable. This isn't directed at you Skizo and I know you probably can't do anything about it even if you wanted to but isn't it about time that common sense took over. Someone really needs to have a long hard think about whether FST should continue to allow this sort of abuse. I still can't believe it even though I saw it....53 accounts!!!

That same trader has now put up another thread with another 17 accounts to trade. That is so fucked up. People like that should just not be allowed in the BT community.

ThulsaDoom
03-18-2009, 10:56 PM
get rid of this section only brings shame in BT world

mievmo
03-19-2009, 12:46 AM
it is useful for some folks..

b3owulf
03-19-2009, 06:40 AM
it is useful for some folks..

Yeah, useful if they wanna be banned on tracker(s). With all the ppl they have invited >_<

apextwin146
03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
If the poll has served its purpose then the thread/poll should be closed

micka
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
FST will loose alot of traffic.

soralle
03-19-2009, 02:48 PM
My vote is YES.
If the trade section will be locked then fst will be a better comunity.

deadalive1
03-19-2009, 10:45 PM
They will keep it open to keep people coming here and some will click on those cute little ads that are everywhere. Let's not kid ourselves here, the bigger amount of traffic this site receives, the better the chance of people clicking on them. It's a numbers game. ;)

Skiz
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
They will keep it open to keep people coming here and some will click on those cute little ads that are everywhere. Let's not kid ourselves here, the bigger amount of traffic this site receives, the better the chance of people clicking on them. It's a numbers game. ;)

The ads are hardly "everywhere". For members of the site over one month there are very few, and those can easy be blocked with Adblock if you find them so reprehensible. Or you could even click one now and again and support the site you evidently enjoy instead of complaining. :dabs:

We also are not incredibly concerned amount traffic. If we were, we'd sneak more ads in and work towards site hits. FST has a few ads to help pad the bill, but to my knowledge, FST has NEVER made a profit. Monetary concerns have a backseat to enjoying the board.

The_Martinator
03-20-2009, 10:38 AM
A bit off topic, but I've never clicked on the ads here. Still they don't bother me, most of the time they're not flashing and tbh they're very small.

Imo, they make the site look better, lol. :D

Artemis
03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
what ads ?

hagckz0r
03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
@artemis you can spot one in the upper right corner :D. Btw ads don't bother me at all

Redrum420
03-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Trading is going to ruin the future of torrenting.
Get rid of it i say.